Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-90.html)

[quote=TkyoPandaMan;3388447]Hey guys,

So this means that the dealership where I booked say that from January 2014 till March 2014, they have only got 12 VX models in different colors. And that my booking number is 5 and they have already allotted 2 cars for March. Which means that even IF 2 more VX models come in April (and pray to god SILVER is the color of these two) I will still not get it in April.
Result: Waiting period of over 4 months. :Frustrati

I guess I should consider myself lucky :D that I booked my VX CVT on 9-Jan and got it on 28-Feb! I did have to do certain stuff to have it expedited on the way like talking to the Honda guys at the Auto expo to see what could be done to hasten things up, and the manager at my dealership was of great help in hastening up delivery by changing the colour. Otherwise, my delivery would not have been before April end/ May.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3396504)
Received call from dealership manager that the V MTs have left the Greater Noida plant yesterday and the ETA is next Thursday evening. One is petrol, in Urban Titanium Metallic shade, and the other is diesel, in Golden Brown Metallic shade.

Debated over everything and finally gave the nod for the V MT Earth Dreams i-DTEC in Golden Brown Metallic. Will be taking delivery next Friday.

Big thanks to vsrivatsa, //M, neel911, harry10 and everyone else for all the inputs so far, and to GTO and the T-BHP mod team for THE blockbuster official review.

clap: Congrats on the finalization - now its a more of a deterministic wait till Friday when the car arrives :thumbs up

I guess neel911 would have taken delivery of his Automatic SV sometime today.

I missed posting the Keys earlier but here it is anyways:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140322_220200.jpg
Honda City V-MT Key - Pic 01

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140322_220216.jpg
Honda City V-MT Key - Pic 02

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3396645)
clap: Congrats on the finalization - now its a more of a deterministic wait till Friday when the car arrives

Thanks, my friend.

Will be keeping my car stock for a bit. Going for minimal accessories and planning for leather seat covers after the summer is over (going to be a harsh one).

Negotiating with dealer for accessories right now. Some look decently priced, but some are grossly overpriced!!

Quote:

I missed posting the Keys earlier but here it is anyways:

Thanks!

They are different from the earlier 3rd-gen City, which had keys like the ones given with the Amaze now. This one is similar to the VX MT ones, but are in normal plastic.

I guess V MT and SV MT share the same keyfobs, as was shared by T-BHPian ambadan earlier in this thread.

On the subject of accessories, here's the list of official Honda stuff for the 2014 City and their prices:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-untitled.gif

Quote:

I guess neel911 would have taken delivery of his Automatic SV sometime today.

Yes.... My White Gem is with me. I took delivery today morning and whole day was busy getting seat cover, tyre and alloy change. I'm totally exhausted but couldn't sleep without posting here and thanking to all members of this thread in helping me make decision to buy this car. Detailed ownership report coming soon.

Quick short summary of my SV CVT:
The car is just fabulous. The engine is a marvel. I found some open patches and I put my car in S mode and boy, the pickup was awesome. Under normal traffic, I would put in D mode and press ECON button. I do not think I'll miss paddle shifters. The car just zooms in and once you know how the car behaves, you'll just love each and every bit of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3396680)

Yes.... My White Gem is with me. I took delivery today morning and whole day was busy getting seat cover, tyre and alloy change. I'm totally exhausted but couldn't sleep without posting here and thanking to all members of this thread in helping me make decision to buy this car. Detailed ownership report coming soon.

The car is just fabulous. The engine is a marvel. I found some open patches and I put my car in S mode and boy, the pickup was awesome. Under normal traffic, I would put in D mode and press ECON button. I do not think I'll miss paddle shifters. The car just zooms in and once you know how the car behaves, you'll just love each and every bit of it.

Congrats buddy!
Before the ownership thread post some pics here also. Specially of the accessories you have put along with the details.
Happy cruising!

Quote:

Great to know that, the car is having power without paddles shifters. Is the ECON mode dampening the pick up?

Quote:

Congrats :thumbs up And we await your ownership report. As harry10 suggested you can add a few pictures right here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3396657)
They are different from the earlier 3rd-gen City, which had keys like the ones given with the Amaze now. This one is similar to the VX MT ones, but are in normal plastic.

I guess V MT and SV MT share the same keyfobs, as was shared by T-BHPian ambadan earlier in this thread.

I would have preferred Honda to provide foldable Keyfobs like in the Verna:
Verna Keys

Quote:

Congratulations. Unfortunately I opted out of this race (getting City CVT) and cancelled the booking. I felt I am compromising many things for Honda Badge. And booked a vento TSI. I am getting it next week.

Even though I put 1lac more, I feel, I am not loosing as in SV CVT, we have buy many after market accessories.

How much you spent on top of on road price for seat cover, alloys, parking sensors etc?

Quote:

First post on Team BHP! So glad to finally be here after stalking these forums for ages! :)

neel911: My father intends on buying the SV CVT soon & he wanted to know if it has keyless entry i.e. the request sensor on the door handle. He and I had previously seen this feature on my uncle's Lexus ES350(I think) & had loved it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3396739)
I would have preferred Honda to provide foldable Keyfobs like in the Verna

Indeed. The Vento, Linea & Fiesta all have it as well, so no reason for the City to not have it.

Maybe Honda will provide it for the facelift, in 3-4 years' time.

Quote:

Congratulations, neel911!! Eagerly waiting for your report thread. Like others said, we need to see some snaps, specially of all the mods. I am curious to see which alloy design you chose, out of the two you had shortlisted earlier.

Quote:

Congrats :thumbs up And we await your ownership report. As harry10 suggested you can add a few pictures right here.

I would have preferred Honda to provide foldable Keyfobs like in the Verna:
Verna Keys

That key FOB is disappointing. They really should have a foldable one on it.

Some pictures below. Some image/text overlap in place as my daughter would not let me take pictures of the car alone.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140322_091722_fotor.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140322_091738_fotor.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140322_091808_fotor.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140322_092415.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3396701)
Congrats buddy!
Before the ownership thread post some pics here also. Specially of the accessories you have put along with the details.
Happy cruising!

You can see the reverse sensors (painted white) in one of pictures above. The other ones coming soon. The scuff plates look awesome and so does the CVT sports pedal (pictures coming soon)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3396705)
Great to know that, the car is having power without paddles shifters. Is the ECON mode dampening the pick up?

Not exactly. For normal city driving, I don't see the dampening effect. I'm not sure if this is applicable for all models but atleast on CVT, there is a blue/green arc light that comes up based on your driving style (blue=aggressive, green=ideal/most fuel efficient style) . So even in 'D' mode with ECON mode pushed, the arc light would be green for normal driving conditions. When you try to push accelerator hard, it becomes blue.

Quote:

Hopefully I'll get enough time to submit the draft today. My family is loving the car and try each and every possible excuse to take it out for a drive

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3396763)
Congratulations. Unfortunately I opted out of this race (getting City CVT) and cancelled the booking. I felt I am compromising many things for Honda Badge. And booked a vento TSI. I am getting it next week.

Even though I put 1lac more, I feel, I am not loosing as in SV CVT, we have buy many after market accessories.

How much you spent on top of on road price for seat cover, alloys, parking sensors etc?

The Vento TSI will definitely be more powerful/responsive of the lot. Between the 2 cars, it depends on the things that are more important for your needs. I was really disappointed when I got to know about the absence of paddle shifters but once I drove the car in 'S' mode, I don't seem to miss it at all. For me the overall comfort, looks and Honda reliability/ownership experience was more important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yash1229 (Post 3396785)
First post on Team BHP! So glad to finally be here after stalking these forums for ages! :)

neel911: My father intends on buying the SV CVT soon & he wanted to know if it has keyless entry i.e. the request sensor on the door handle. He and I had previously seen this feature on my uncle's Lexus ES350(I think) & had loved it!

The keyless entry is only available in VX top end model. Just download the brochure from Honda site and it gives detailed comparison of the variants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3396907)
Indeed. The Vento, Linea & Fiesta all have it as well, so no reason for the City to not have it.

Maybe Honda will provide it for the facelift, in 3-4 years' time.

Congratulations, neel911!! Eagerly waiting for your report thread. Like others said, we need to see some snaps, specially of all the mods. I am curious to see which alloy design you chose, out of the two you had shortlisted earlier.

I think it's just to do with cost cutting. Honda has tried its best to cut costs wherever possible. Tobe honest, once you take reigns of the vehicle, all these things become less important and you'll just enjoy the car. I've read your love for Silver Pegasus and I'm sure this one would also have a special place once you get yours.

Regarding alloys, I chose the one with 5 spokes (pictures coming soon)

Thanks for the reply regarding the brochure & congratulations on your new car! Looking forward to the alloy pictures & your initial ownership thread! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3397022)
The keyless entry is only available in VX top end model. Just download the brochure from Honda site and it gives detailed comparison of the variants.

Actually the keyless entry is available right from the S Variant. Its only the Keyless Start and the Keyless Boot opening that the add on feature on the VX Trim.

Hey guys, any idea of the actual on road mileage of the automatic variant? While the company claims 18kmlp I do not think you would be getting more than 13kmpl?