Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-91.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3397022)
Some pictures below. Some image/text overlap in place as my daughter would not let me take pictures of the car alone.

Congrats neel on your new ride. The pics are really winsome and your daughter is very cute. Looking forward for your ownership thread. Happy mile crunching mate:D

Quote:

You can see the reverse sensors (painted white) in one of pictures above.

Well they look perfectly blended with the bumper. Have you got them painted from the dealer itself? And how thick is the paint layer applied? I suppose it must not exceed 0.1mm for a proper performance of the sensors.

Quote:

Some pictures

You can see the reverse sensors (painted white) in one of pictures above. The other ones coming soon. The scuff plates look awesome and so does the CVT sports pedal (pictures coming soon)

Hopefully I'll get enough time to submit the draft today. My family is loving the car and try each and every possible excuse to take it out for a drive

Regarding alloys, I chose the one with 5 spokes (pictures coming soon)

Neel. Hearty congrats. Am Sure you will enjoy the white beauty. Looking forward to the detailed ownership report. All the best.

Congrats Neel!
Car looks real good and your daughter is very cute. God bless!
Now awaiting your detailed report.

Also which city and dealership you bought it from?

Quote:

Some pictures below. Some image/text overlap in place as my daughter would not let me take pictures of the car alone.

Hopefully I'll get enough time to submit the draft today. My family is loving the car and try each and every possible excuse to take it out for a drive

Regarding alloys, I chose the one with 5 spokes (pictures coming soon)

clap: Awesome :thumbs up Many miles of happy and safe cruising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3397092)
Congrats Neel!

Same as me from what I remember: Bangalore and Dakshin Honda

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3396657)
Thanks, my friend.

Negotiating with dealer for accessories right now. Some look decently priced, but some are grossly overpriced!!

On the subject of accessories, here's the list of official Honda stuff for the 2014 City and their prices:

I found the price list in Bangalore much higher. I posted on this thread few posts earlier. Does this include all taxes and labor/fitment charges?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3397043)
Actually the keyless entry is available right from the S Variant. Its only the Keyless Start and the Keyless Boot opening that the add on feature on the VX Trim.

Actually that's correct. However, from description of having sensors on door handle, I got confused. I was referring to having Smart Entry Key System which is available only on VX trim where you can have your keys in your pocket and once you are close to car, the sensor detects the same and it unlocks automatically, unlike pressing of unlock button on key on lower grades.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 3397071)
Congrats neel on your new ride. The pics are really winsome and your daughter is very cute. Looking forward for your ownership thread. Happy mile crunching mate:D

Well they look perfectly blended with the bumper. Have you got them painted from the dealer itself? And how thick is the paint layer applied? I suppose it must not exceed 0.1mm for a proper performance of the sensors.

These are official Honda parking sensors and have been painted white. As per the dealer, it does not affect sensitivity and hence the warranty is valid on painted once as well. If the paint would have any way affected sensitivity, I'm sure the warranty would have been void. In the last 2 days of parking, they work as expected. These does not come with any display screen. It's just 'beeps' which becomes a steady tone once you are very close. At my dealer, the cost was Rs 6500.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3397092)
Congrats Neel!

I bought mine from Dakshin Honda, Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3396763)
Congratulations. Unfortunately I opted out of this race (getting City CVT) and cancelled the booking. I felt I am compromising many things for Honda Badge. And booked a vento TSI. I am getting it next week.

Even though I put 1lac more, I feel, I am not loosing as in SV CVT, we have buy many after market accessories.

How much you spent on top of on road price for seat cover, alloys, parking sensors etc?

Great minds think alike. I did the same earlier this month when I canceled my VX CVT booking and went for the Vento TSI instead. You will not regret your decision - it is by far the best automatic car in that segment and you gain electronic stability control, which the City doesn't offer at all.

The wait for the top-end CVT, despite being one of the first to book it, the lack of ESP and the awkward seating position made me change my mind about the Honda, even though I swear by its reliability. The sudden availability of the TSI and extended warranty helped swing the decision in VW's favor.

There are a couple of things, I feel, that are common between my previous car - a 2005 City i-dsi and the Vento TSI: both have tremendous low-end torque that makes them very easy to drive in town and both punch above their weight - that City in terms of its interiors and the TSI in terms of its technology.

Finally took the delivery of my Silver VMT petrol City today. Car is awesome and butter smooth. I straightway upsized to XM2 195/60/15 tyres so do not know the difference but I am loving the overall handling and control. Some points to note:

1. ORVM's do not fold until key is inserted and battery is on. In my i20 we could fold them without inserting the key.

2. Non foldable key is a big no. I hate it already.

3. ORVM buttons are not illuminated hence difficult to see and operate at night.

4. Suspension let's you feel even small bumps inside the cabin. I am not liking it.

5. There is no warning beep for passenger seat belt. Why did they skimp on this?

6. Music system is good.

7. Interiors will easily get scratched due to the smooth glossy finish.

8. User manual contains mostly unnecessary stuff regarding features which are not at all available in the Indian model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3397140)
I found the price list in Bangalore much higher. I posted on this thread few posts earlier. Does this include all taxes and labor/fitment charges?

Not sure, but I think these are the prices of the accessories alone. Taxes + labor charges to be added.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick145 (Post 3397155)
Finally took the delivery of my Silver VMT petrol City today. Car is awesome and butter smooth. I straightway upsized to XM2 195/60/15 tyres so do not know the difference but I am loving the overall handling and control.

Congratulations, my friend!!

Which dealer? I see you are based in Raipur so was it from Shubh Honda? What was your booking date and waiting duration?

Need to see some pics too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3397176)

Congratulations!! Which dealer? I see you are based in Raipur so was it from Shubh Honda? What was your booking date and waiting duration?

Need to see some pics too!

Yes. I took it from Shubh Honda. Ill try posting pics later. I just got the PVC seat cover, mats and illuminated scuff plates for accessories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick145 (Post 3397181)
Yes. I took it from Shubh Honda. Ill try posting pics later. I just got the PVC seat cover, mats and illuminated scuff plates for accessories.

Cool. Nice choice of accessories. How good is the PVC seat cover? Did you get any free stuff from them - body cover perhaps?

I am getting my City V MT Diesel on Friday. My booking was on Mahashivaratri day, i.e. February 27th, so that means exactly one month of waiting.

Did you have to wait longer for your car? Did you have to spread your color and variant choices as well for a speedy delivery, like I had to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3397185)
Cool. Nice choice of accessories. How good is the PVC seat cover? Did you get any free stuff from them - body cover perhaps?

I am getting my City V MT Diesel on Friday. My booking was on Mahashivaratri day, i.e. February 27th, so that means exactly one month of waiting.

Did you have to wait longer for your car? Did you have to spread your color and variant choices as well for a speedy delivery, like I had to?

I had booked mine on 26th Dec. I had booked VX first but then I myself changed it to V. For Colors I told them I am fine with any color except Black.

Seat cover looks and feels good. Fitting is also fine. Beige mats and carpets will be a pain though. I have been trying to source 3D mats but they are not yet available for the new City.

I did not get any free stuff from them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick145 (Post 3397155)
7. Interiors will easily get scratched due to the smooth glossy finish.

Have heard a lot about this on this forum but my Cruze has piano black finish on its dash too and its been two years and it still looks almost as good as new, its not that it is full of scratches or has lost its shine or anything. I'm expecting the City soon and i advice all the other City owners to relax , the piano black finish should age just fine. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick145 (Post 3397187)
I had booked mine on 26th Dec. I had booked VX first but then I myself changed it to V. For Colors I told them I am fine with any color except Black.

Seat cover looks and feels good. Fitting is also fine. Beige mats and carpets will be a pain though. I have been trying to source 3D mats but they are not yet available for the new City.

I did not get any free stuff from them.

Same here. I had initially booked V MT Diesel, then went towards VX Petrol, then spread it into 4 choices as per dealer request - the V MT Diesel I am getting on Friday was my second choice, first being VX Petrol, which they claimed wasn't in supply yet. Colors shortlisted by me were Silver, Urban Titanium & Golden Brown. White's too common, and I don't like either Black or Red.

Do post a pic of your interiors as well please, my friend. I am curious to see how the PVC seat covers look. 3D mats should be available online really soon - keep an eye out on ebay.in and other sites for the same.

I am trying to extract something out of the deal right now. At least a free body cover or a set of floor mats. Let's see how successful I am. My car unloads on Thursday evening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketscience (Post 3397191)
Have heard a lot about this on this forum but my Cruze has piano black finish on its dash too and its been two years and it still looks almost as good as new, its not that it is full of scratches or has lost its shine or anything. I'm expecting the City soon and i advice all the other City owners to relax , the piano black finish should age just fine. :)

I took delivery of my SV CVT 2 days back. The piano black finish looks nice but is a finger print magnet. It might be scratch resistant but you would really need to have something like Jopasu mini duster and MF cloths to keep it clean and scratch free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3397192)

Do post a pic of your interiors as well please, my friend. I am curious to see how the PVC seat covers look. 3D mats should be available online really soon - keep an eye out on ebay.in and other sites for the same.

I am trying to extract something out of the deal right now. At least a free body cover or a set of floor mats. Let's see how successful I am. My car unloads on Thursday evening.

I tried various places for 3d mats and most of them say it'll come around April mid. Hot Tracks in Bangalore had only 1 piece for new City which just arrived 4 days back. It's by official 3D company and in black colour and he was quoting 7.5K.

With my 2 kids, though I'll ensure that food consumption will be nil in car, I'll always have to carry water bottles and milk bottles and so I'm really considering getting 3M Nomad mats. Looks wise they do not come even close to 3d mats but for the purpose they seem to be appropriate.

Also, if anyone is planing to get 3d mats or other out market ones, please do ensure to take Honda mats off the list from dealer. The Honda flat mats are around 1700 and you can probably get some cheap rubber mats for 350 to 400 till the 3d ones come.

Congratulations RavenAvi, neel911 and maverick145 for the 2014 City clap:

Welcome to the club.:D