Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-92.html)

Congrats on your new car neel911. Could you and ambadan let me know your view on the city and highway mileage you are receiving on your city and vento CVT. I am really considering a automatic and would need your help in terms of actual figures for mileage to make my decision. Thanks in advance...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 (Post 3397504)
Could you let me know your view on the city and highway mileage you are receiving on your city and vento CVT.

Vento TSI AT has a DSG gear box not a CVT one. I believe that was a typo in your post.

Quote:

I am really considering a automatic and would need your help in terms of actual figures for mileage to make my decision. Thanks in advance.

If I may suggest you, I would recommend Vento TSI over City CVT as DSG is an advanced one and the shifts are quick and intuitive. Moreover you would feel the rubber-band effect with CVT albeit it is much less appreciable in City. But, if you are skeptical about reliability of DSG you should go for City. These ownership reports might help you in making decision.
Vento TSI Report 1
Vento TSI Report 2

It has come to my notice that somebody named Mr. Rohit Acharya from the forum is unnecessarily harassing the Honda dealer in Raipur i.e. Shubh Honda, Raipur based on my post.

Please feel free to PM me should have any issues or need clarifications instead of harassing the dealer. Thanks.

Quote:

Congrats on your new car neel911. Could you and ambadan let me know your view on the city and highway mileage you are receiving on your city and vento CVT. I am really considering a automatic and would need your help in terms of actual figures for mileage to make my decision. Thanks in advance...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 3397557)
Vento TSI AT has a DSG gear box not a CVT one. I believe that was a typo in your post.

If I may suggest you, I would recommend Vento TSI over City CVT as DSG is an advanced one and the shifts are quick and intuitive. Moreover you would feel the rubber-band effect with CVT albeit it is much less appreciable in City. But, if you are skeptical about reliability of DSG you should go for City. These ownership reports might help you in making decision.
Vento TSI Report 1
Vento TSI Report 2

Very true. Each one has advantages/disadvantages. I would say, just put down a list of things that are important to you in priority and see how they score in each of them. The only challenge would be in getting test drive vehicle. From what I've heard lately, at least in Bangalore there are no TD vehicles available for either of them. When I got to know about absence of paddle shifters on SV trim, I wanted to cancel my booking and go for Vento TSI. However, my family was not too convinced with respect to looks and wow factor for Vento TSI which of course can be subjective. My Honda car was allotted and so I had to take risk of buying the car without test driving it and so far I'm completely happy with my decision based on the things that were more important to me. Good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3397022)
Some pictures below. Some image/text overlap in place as my daughter would not let me take pictures of the car alone.

Attachment 1222964
Attachment 1222965
Attachment 1222966
Attachment 1222967

Regarding alloys, I chose the one with 5 spokes (pictures coming soon)

Congratulations Neel! Car looks really good in white, I bet it will look even better when you get the alloys. Happy Motoring!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3397660)
My Honda car was allotted and so I had to take risk of buying the car without test driving it and so far I'm completely happy with my decision based on the things that were more important to me. Good luck

That is some risk :deadhorse I guess all of us have put our trust on the Honda Brand - I hope they live up to it with this newly released City in terms of Long Term ownership as well.

Finally, I've got the purchase order for my Honda City VX iDTec issued. 0 advance and full payment against delivery, as it's a company PO. Opted for Brown, Black, Urban Titanium, Silver in that order. Got a dealer discount on accessories for agreeing to pay the handling charge after a long mail chain with Honda and a conversation with the Capital Honda VP. Now the long wait starts for the first car that is truly mine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3397192)
My car unloads on Thursday evening.

Got a surprise call from my dealership in the afternoon that my car has arrived, and is being unloaded from the despatch truck!!

Needless to say, I was quite taken aback and asked them how a tow-bed truck could reach from Noida to Raipur in 3 days, when they themselves had said 6 days?!

Something's not right here, and doesn't quite add up.

Leaving for the dealership tonight to check the car out. I really hope there's nothing fishy in this whole thing, and I come back home with my car.

Wish me luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3397932)
Got a surprise call from my dealership in the afternoon that my car has arrived, and is being unloaded from the despatch truck!!

Needless to say, I was quite taken aback and asked them how a tow-bed truck could reach from Noida to Raipur in 3 days, when they themselves had said 6 days?!

Leaving for the dealership tonight to check the car out. I really hope there's nothing fishy in this whole thing, and I come back home with my car.

Wish me luck.

I don't think there is anything to worry about. They possibly buffered the timelines that they mentioned to you. All the Best :thumbs up

Quote:

Wish me luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3397949)
I don't think there is anything to worry about. They possibly buffered the timelines that they mentioned to you. All the Best :thumbs up

We are very close to March end (taxation calendar) and the dealers would want to meet certain targets. So even if that car was allocated to someone else, and if that person needs few days to make the final payment, instead of waiting for the same, they'll swap it with someone who has the cash/loan ready so it can be en cashed before end of this month. Congratulations in advance and I'm sure you would come back with your new Pegasus :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3397660)
Very true. Each one has advantages/disadvantages. I would say, just put down a list of things that are important to you in priority and see how they score in each of them. The only challenge would be in getting test drive vehicle. From what I've heard lately, at least in Bangalore there are no TD vehicles available for either of them. When I got to know about absence of paddle shifters on SV trim, I wanted to cancel my booking and go for Vento TSI. However, my family was not too convinced with respect to looks and wow factor for Vento TSI which of course can be subjective. My Honda car was allotted and so I had to take risk of buying the car without test driving it and so far I'm completely happy with my decision based on the things that were more important to me. Good luck

Could share your noted mileage numbers for city CVT please?

Quote:

Wish me luck.

I don't think there's a reason to worry. Instead I guess there's a reason to celebrate.:D

I was also told on 8th January that my car will arrive by January end. However got a call on 14th that my car has arrived. Decoded the VIN and it was a January 2014 make. The dealer said usually it takes 3 days from Noida to Ranchi.

Let us drool over some pics of your latest acquisition Avi. Congratulations.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 (Post 3397977)
Could share your noted mileage numbers for city CVT please?

Hi Sanket, I have clocked about 910kms on my VX CVT now and am averaging at 11.7 kmpl now. I have also noticed that the engine, and gear mechanism has been progressively smoothening out after about 600kms with improvement mileage too.

Hi fellow bhpians, seek your inputs on something that is giving me rather sleepless nights over the last few days:-

I was elated when I took home my first Honda (2014 City iVtec SV MT) on 5th march. Having driven a Ford Figo TDCI for the better part of the last 4 years, the silence of a petrol cabin was godly :D

A couple of long drives later as I moved close to the 1000km- first service mark, three strange problems emerged:-

1) The remote key stopped working. The car would work fine if we used the key manually, but the remote key wasn't working.

2) The dashboard clock and average (fuel efficiency) indicator also started getting reset every time the car was re-started

3) I observed a soft grunt / growl on the front left side mostly in the first and second gears

The only silver lining was that the first service was due and I believed the famed "Honda Service" would fix these niggles in a jiffy.

The service center however was clueless regarding problems 1 & 2. After a harrowing 5 days wait and zillion followups, they redid the entire dashboard wiring and the finally the first two problems were solved. As I eagerly TDed my car before delivery I noticed that point 3 hadn't been addressed at all.

At first they tried to pacify me saying that this was regular engine noise, but since I insisted, they agreed to keep the car and get it checked.

Now I am not sure myself. There is a gentle growl which seems to emanate from the front left side only in the first / second gear at low RPM. Mostly while getting the stationary car going. At higher speeds the sound almost completely vanishes or even if it doesn't the roads make sure I don't hear any.

Having self doubts regarding the silence of the engine...
Am I being too harsh on the Honda coming from a diesel car? Do other owners also hear a gentle growl from the engine while moving from the stationary?

Or is this a symptom of something faulty with the engine and transmission? In that case can this be corrected at the service center? Will this impact the long term reliability of the car? Will I be beset with other problems 2-3 years down the line?

I am a bit paranoid, especially after the remote key problem. Wonder if I have been handed over a lemon by Honda :eek:

Please help me out of my predicament. Is this just a minor niggle or harbinger to greater concerns?

PS : Meanwhile the service center acknowledged the growl and has kept the car for observation as it was rather late in the day. Couldn't believe my ears when they said that they wanted to drive a few other cars tomorrow to see if this noise was particular to mine or a rather standard noise. Still waiting for tomorrow for the sun to shine on my beautiful red darling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3396739)
I would have preferred Honda to provide foldable Keyfobs like in the Verna:
Verna Keys

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3396949)
That key FOB is disappointing. They really should have a foldable one on it.

VX has the foldable/skeleton key.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...y-dsc00410.jpg