Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-94.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3398442)
Ive driven the cvt for 1000km and I havent got anything more than 11. Ive owned enough hondas in the past to know that their cars are not the most fuel efficient, at least the automatics. I think one should be happy with 12 and not expect any better.

Any feedback on paddle shifters? In your opinion, do we really need paddle shifters for normal city driving or occasional highway driving?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick145 (Post 3398087)
The key is really disappointing. However, we can get a foldable one made outside. I am on the lookout for the best people who can do it. If anybody has got their keys made foldable outside, please share.

Have a look at this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ippy-keys.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda (Post 3398665)
Any feedback on paddle shifters? In your opinion, do we really need paddle shifters for normal city driving or occasional highway driving?

I had paddle shifters in my Civic earlier too. They are great fun at times but honestly i never bother using them. In the civic, it was possible to extract better mileage by using them extensively but then it takes away the comfort of not having to do anything while you are driving an AT. Also, with the more modern day CVT, i think it may not be able to meet the computer so to speak. The Civic had a traditional Auto Box which was slow to upshift.
I don't think you will miss the paddle shifters and the SV model may be as much fun to drive.

On the highway yes, the paddle shifters are using for overtaking. I found them especially useful while climbing hills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3398442)
Ive driven the cvt for 1000km and I havent got anything more than 11. Ive owned enough hondas in the past to know that their cars are not the most fuel efficient, at least the automatics. I think one should be happy with 12 and not expect any better.

Barring the backseat, is the Hyundai Verna Diesel Automatic a better option than CVT in terms of FE? The performance of Verna Diesel is any day better than City and with the improved suspension set up it seems the handling has also improved.

I'm still in the lookout for a better Automatic sedan. Any comments on Verna CRDi Automatic vs City CVT?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3398710)
Barring the backseat, is the Hyundai Verna Diesel Automatic a better option than CVT? The performance of Verna Diesel is any day better than City and with the improved suspension set up it seems the handling has also improved.

I'm still in the lookout for a better Automatic sedan. Any comments on Verna CRDi Automatic vs City CVT?

Drove Verna CRDI auto a few days ago; 4 speed auto gearbox does not do justice to the car. I also felt the gear shifts to be jerky.

Sorry for delay. I've been a bit busy on work side and haven't got chance to finish on the ownership report for my SV CVT. I'm trying to have it done in a day or so. I'm thoroughly enjoying the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3398679)
I don't think you will miss the paddle shifters and the SV model may be as much fun to drive.

On the highway yes, the paddle shifters are using for overtaking. I found them especially useful while climbing hills.

Very true. I'm not missing it a bit on my SV CVT. The 'L' Low mode should be able to take care during climbing uphills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda (Post 3398726)
Drove Verna CRDI auto a few days ago; 4 speed auto gearbox does not do justice to the car. I also felt the gear shifts to be jerky.

I doubt the Verna automatic can be even compared to Honda City CVT (only the Vento TSI makes sense in my opinion to be compared)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3398710)
Barring the backseat, is the Hyundai Verna Diesel Automatic a better option than CVT in terms of FE? The performance of Verna Diesel is any day better than City and with the improved suspension set up it seems the handling has also improved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda (Post 3398726)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3398736)
I doubt the Verna automatic can be even compared to Honda City CVT (only the Vento TSI makes sense in my opinion to be compared)

Agree with these comments. I don't think a 4 speed gearbox does justice to the Verna Diesel. If I am not mistaken, Hyundai uses the same 4 speed AT box in all its AT offerings starting from the i10, Grand i10, Xcent, i20 and the Verna.

@adarsh76, If you are looking at diesel AT's and not in hurry, I suggest you wait for a few months. There is a rumor of a face lifted Vento with a Diesel AT option. And the AT box is expected to be a DSG. This will be a fantastic option in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srikrishna717 (Post 3398448)
All,
My friend badly wants to buy the Petrol variant and he spoke to all Honda dealers in Bangalore. Apparently all of them are saying only Diesel variants available and for petrol you have to wait for at least 6 to 7 months :Frustrati
Is this some kind of push Diesel campaign?
Has anyone else faced similar issues?

I think Honda made some forecasts about the demand and focused on Diesel and SV variant. I haven't heard 6 to 7 months before - it has been more on the lines of 4 to 5 months.

For which variant of the Petrol is this? Opting for Silver/Red Color also seems to reduce the wait times as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3398750)
Agree with these comments. I don't think a 4 speed gearbox does justice to the Verna Diesel. If I am not mistaken, Hyundai uses the same 4 speed AT box in all its AT offerings starting from the i10, Grand i10, Xcent, i20 and the Verna.

@adarsh76, If you are looking at diesel AT's and not in hurry, I suggest you wait for a few months. There is a rumor of a face lifted Vento with a Diesel AT option. And the AT box is expected to be a DSG. This will be a fantastic option in my opinion.

Very true, Vento TSI DSG (Petrol or Diesel) is the best automatic available in this price range. However, the big hump at the middle of the back seat is the obstacle for me since I'm looking for a family car. The rear middle passenger will not have a good time in Vento.

Anybody driven the 2014 Verna with that improved suspension? Verna automatic petrol is out of my mind. However, I have read in a reputed car magazine that Verna Diesel Automatic is having better power than City CVT. Never driven, I'm going to test drive one in the weekend. The back seat is another one which I need to check with my family.

The City CVT's mileage reports are not so encouraging so far. I expected a range from 14 to 15 overall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deevilslair (Post 3398024)
The service center however was clueless regarding problems 1 & 2. After a harrowing 5 days wait and zillion followups, they redid the entire dashboard wiring and the finally the first two problems were solved. As I eagerly TDed my car before delivery I noticed that point 3 hadn't been addressed at all.

After many followups and mail to the India Head, finally got a call from the service center at last. They acknowledged the noise and claim that honda engineers are checking the issue. As a gesture of support, they also have offered a substitute car to drive for the time my car is being worked upon.

So after 15 days, I am now a proxy owner of another All New Honda City, 2014. This time its a diesel TD car. Still await my carnelian pearl red to be back in the pink of health. (pun unintended :D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by feroz_009 (Post 3398355)
My car doesn't grunt/growl at lower rpm. There is hardly any sound coming from the engine bay. I have clocked 590 kms so far.

The problems i faced is the hardness in gear shift (from 2nd to 1st and some times 3rd to 2nd) on lower rpms. I hope it would be smoother with some more kms/first service.

The other one is the suspension at low speed makes you feel even the smallest bumps on the road.

Rest of the experience so far is awesome!

Congrats. This recent noise issue notwithstanding, I too was pretty happy with the car. In fact took it on a spin to the Kasauli and it handled pretty good in the hill roads too. No problems with the gear shifts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3398778)
Anybody driven the 2014 Verna with that improved suspension? Verna automatic petrol is out of my mind. However, I have read in a reputed car magazine that Verna Diesel Automatic is having better power than City CVT. Never driven, I'm going to test drive one in the weekend. The back seat is another one which I need to check with my family.

The City CVT's mileage reports are not so encouraging so far. I expected a range from 14 to 15 overall.

I drive previous generation Verna CRDI AT. Verna AT is 4 speed with overdrive lock. So for me, that is near to a 5 speed. Obviously, locking and unlocking the overdrive is slower compared to AT shifts.

I have driven the non-cvt Honda City AT before buying Verna. Typical of AT boxes, they both upshift early, unless you strongly indicate (using accelerator) otherwise. Given that, a Verna AT will be quicker than City on normal driving, easily. Don't forget the torque figures of verna crdi

On a parallel note, I found Verna with AT box more livable than the hooligan nature of the power delivery in Verna MT. I have not driven new Verna AT extensively. However, the new box offers a manual override, which was not there earlier. You can extract seamless shifts in Verna, once you understand the behavior of the box.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deevilslair (Post 3398811)
Congrats. This recent noise issue notwithstanding, I too was pretty happy with the car. In fact took it on a spin to the Kasauli and it handled pretty good in the hill roads too. No problems with the gear shifts.

After reading your post, I thought of checking my car and took it to outer ring road to see if my Achillies (name of my car) has the same issue or notlol:. At around 600 rpm on 2nd gear, speed less than 15kmph I could hear very low grunt coming from the bonnet, could be due to overload on the engine as I m not on the right gear.

I have even checked the engine idle sound with bonnet open and found that the belt sound is more evident and is on the higher side (hissing sound). I am not sure if this is common with all new cars?

Could you please give more information on your problem? This would help me in differentiating it with any issues on my car.

Hello friends!

Got the delivery of my City VX petrol last Sunday, 23rd March. The color we chose is the Urban Titanium. Have driven around 160 kms so far. Am totally in love with my new machine. Will post lots of pics and my first review on team-bhp post the first 500 kms of drive. :)

I may be getting delivery of my SV CVT on coming Monday.

One of the things that I don't like about SV is its 3.5 inch system. Has anyone in the forum upgraded ICE for new Honda City?