Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2013, 22:28   #181
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Having read all the earlier posts, I wonder why Honda selected India for global launching of the City 2014 considering that it was a copy and paste job.

No wonder the Indian markets are the dump yards of automobile technology and it is high time the auto media wakes up to the fact and calls a global launch as a local launch.
Old 23rd December 2013, 00:56   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks_69 View Post
Having read all the earlier posts, I wonder why Honda selected India for global launching of the City 2014 considering that it was a copy and paste job.

No wonder the Indian markets are the dump yards of automobile technology and it is high time the auto media wakes up to the fact and calls a global launch as a local launch.
I am sorry but i do not understand what you have just said! For your information, the City is an all new product and it is a global launch. This car is Honda's most important ASEAN Model. How is India being dumped with old technology ! The New Direct Injection Petrol engines have just been revealed and they will take a few months to reach production stage. We are getting exactly what Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore etc will get in terms of the City.
Old 23rd December 2013, 07:29   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeshmakhija View Post
Negative. I've been running my 2013 Honda City on 205/55 R15, and there is no unusual drag to report. @ Maky : My experience with wider profile tyres has been (1) significantly superior straight line stability at high speeds, and (2)more confidence in cornering. FE impact is negligible, IF you can continue to keep a light right foot
How much did that impact the Fuel Efficiency? Where did you upgrade your tires from, if you dont mind?
FuelInjector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 08:01   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

All-New Honda City Sedan to be launched on 7th January 2014.

http://www.cartoq.com/edit-cartoq-ex...-january-2014/
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:14   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Having the same engine with the same state of tune in two different segment cars is not new. We have so many examples of it. Be it Skoda (1.8 TSi) or BMW (2 litre diesel).
OT, but - AFAIK, 1.8 TSI has only one state of tune now - the 178 PS version. Even the earlier one had only one state of tune in the form of 160 PS version. Did you mean same technology, i.e. TSI, with different capacities?
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:45   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
OT, but - AFAIK, 1.8 TSI has only one state of tune now - the 178 PS version. Even the earlier one had only one state of tune in the form of 160 PS version. Did you mean same technology, i.e. TSI, with different capacities?
SKODA LAURA 2.0 TDi DSG 140HP
JETTA 2.0 TDi 140 HP
AUDI A4 2.0 Tdi - 140HP

SKODA LAURA 1.8 Tsi 160 HP
SKODA SUPERB 1.8 Tsi 160 HP

Last edited by F150 : 23rd December 2013 at 11:48.
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:56   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
SKODA LAURA 2.0 TDi DSG 140HP
JETTA 2.0 TDi 140 HP
AUDI A4 2.0 Tdi - 140HP

SKODA LAURA 1.8 Tsi 160 HP
SKODA SUPERB 1.8 Tsi 160 HP
I was referring to TSIs, and anyway your post both on TSI and TDIs says the same thing as I did. The engines are used in different cars, but in the same state of tune, not in different sates of tunes as suggested by crazyro.
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:59   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I was referring to TSIs, and anyway your post both on TSI and TDIs says the same thing as I did. The engines are used in different cars, but in the same state of tune, not in different sates of tunes as suggested by crazyro.
crazyro is also talking about the same tune, read the post you qouted or the original post.

Old 23rd December 2013, 12:53   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
crazyro is also talking about the same tune, read the post you qouted or the original post.

Ah - stupid of me! Thanks for pointing out.
Old 24th December 2013, 11:18   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
How much did that impact the Fuel Efficiency? Where did you upgrade your tires from, if you dont mind?
Sedate driving, reduced from 12.5 KMPL to 12.2 KMPL (MID indicated). I used the OEM tyres for around 3k kms, and have used the aftermarkets (Yokohama S-Drives) for around 1.5 kms since. See images here

Wheels + tyres replaced at Sanghi Tyres, Vashi, Navi Mumbai.

Cheers!
rajneeshmakhija is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 20:26   #191
BHPian

Brilliant review as usual GTO. Rating the thread *****.

I think Honda has definitely addressed a few issues which 3rd-gen owners complained about. For starters I would not have mind if my V MT came with ACC.
The garish front grille is something pretty similar to one of add-ons available as part of some Elegance Kit when I was buying my City. And the alloys make you go yucks right away. The Honda design team was surely enamored with the alloys on the Duster.
I hope they manage to do away with rattles from the windows when they are down and the likes. Though IMO petrol is the still the way to go with the the 2014 Honda City.

Last edited by GTO : 25th December 2013 at 12:37. Reason: Please don't use acronyms (e.g. ANHC) when referring to cars. Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 11:18   #192
BHPian

I took a test drive of the Amaze yesterday to check the engine and here are some thoughts from my end.
Engine noise - big yes, the clatter was even more evident when I was pushing the car on the 2nd & 3rd gears.The SA immediately realized what my intent was and switched on the ICE , I politely reduced the volume to zero.
I then removed my foot wear and drove the car for a few kilometers to check for any vibrations on the pedals however I did not feel anything.
Slotting into gears was definitely not smooth however from what I read in this review looks like Honda addressed this in the New City.
The SA then started showcasing his skills by saying that dont worry about the noise your City will have better insulation and the engine is tuned so the noise is will not be this high.
The car that I drove was only at 4400 km , I asked him if they have another one which has clocked more mileage , the answer was yes they have one which clocked about 12 K but it was not available for test drive at that point. I too did not notice it in the parking bay. I told him that I will come back for a test drive on that and he politely obliged and asked me to give a call before I come over so that he can make sure that it is available.

I also got to know that a display vehicle is expected to arrive in their stockyard by the weekend and the SA would allow me to take a look at it if possible, I will update you all on my first impressions if at all I get to check the car this week or early next week.

Cheers,

pdma
Old 25th December 2013, 21:19   #193
Senior - BHPian

I just booked a City CVT VX today. At the dealership I was told that the car will come in five variants - E, S, SV, V and VX. The key features that I remember are that E and S will have a single driver-side airbag. SV will get dual airbags, touch-screen ACC, rear vents, rear arm rest with cup holders and music system with Bluetooth. VX in addition will get sunroof, leather seats, reversing camera, start/stop button and blinkers on the side-view mirrors. I didn't focus too much on the V variant because the CVT will only be available in SV and VX trim.

Strangely enough, the salesman insisted that VX will have in-built navigation. He was rather incredulous when I told him that the media test drive cars were VX and they didn't have navigation, saying how can there have been a test drive when the price launch hasn't happened yet? I let it pass.

Last edited by StarScream : 25th December 2013 at 21:21.
StarScream is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 10:53   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
SV will get dual airbags, touch-screen ACC, rear vents, rear arm rest with cup holders and music system with Bluetooth. VX in addition will get sunroof, leather seats, reversing camera, start/stop button and blinkers on the side-view mirrors. I didn't focus too much on the V variant because the CVT will only be available in SV and VX trim.
No version with 6 airbags? Unless the VX has additional airbags, the SV may be more value for money. The sunroof is not of much use in Indian conditions and the rest are fancy stuff that can be selectively installed after-market if one is interested.
Old 26th December 2013, 11:01   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I just booked a City CVT VX today. At the dealership I was told that the car will come in five variants - E, S, SV, V and VX.
============ He was rather incredulous when I told him that the media test drive cars were VX and they didn't have navigation, saying how can there have been a test drive when the price launch hasn't happened yet? I let it pass.
The packaging of the new city looks neat even though there are other options available in the market. The stiffest competition will be from the Verna and later on from Maruti. Did the salesman give you any idea of the pricing of the different variants?.

Most Viewed