Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2013, 11:27   #256
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Of course there could be another reason for March petrol deliveries. Honda may need more time to start delivering the petrol engine and CVT since changes to technology are involved. The diesel, as we know, is unchanged from what they already sell.
Does this imply that the rumoured March deliveries for Petrol are only for the CVT variants, and that Petrol MTs will be available from January itself?
Old 31st December 2013, 11:43   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Does this imply that the rumoured March deliveries for Petrol are only for the CVT variants, and that Petrol MTs will be available from January itself?
It was just a guess. I have no inside information.
Old 31st December 2013, 12:10   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I contacted Ring Road Honda (Delhi's one of the biggest Honda dealer) and the info is that Honda is making the top-end V and VX trims available in the first lot. So, I think people who've booked the top trims for both the engine options will get their cars (at least in Delhi) in February. Ring Road Honda has also got a few cars billed in their name and have some cars in their stockyard (maybe display cars that are hibernating till 7th January).

I have also come across a brochure on the internet though the specs and feature list is missing on the same, however Honda has featured the goodies-list that'll be there on the top-trim. Other dealers in Delhi have refused to disclose anything else on the City.

Here's the link to the brochure images- http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...irst-Look.html
I wonder why don't these guys publish clear images!!
Old 31st December 2013, 13:17   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo_barge View Post
I contacted Ring Road Honda (Delhi's one of the biggest Honda dealer) and the info is that Honda is making the top-end V and VX trims available in the first lot. So, I think people who've booked the top trims for both the engine options will get their cars (at least in Delhi) in February. Ring Road Honda has also got a few cars billed in their name and have some cars in their stockyard (maybe display cars that are hibernating till 7th January).

I have also come across a brochure on the internet though the specs and feature list is missing on the same, however Honda has featured the goodies-list that'll be there on the top-trim. Other dealers in Delhi have refused to disclose anything else on the City.

Here's the link to the brochure images- http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...irst-Look.html
I wonder why don't these guys publish clear images!!
Thank you for the info. Let's hope that is true for both petrol and diesel cars. The brochure and variant-wise features have been posted on pages 14 and 16 of this thread.
Old 31st December 2013, 13:45   #260
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo_barge View Post
Now this is too much. All the whumpf with no real details.
Old 31st December 2013, 15:28   #261
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I have checked the power windows of the rear doors and have slid them completely down for a couple of times however did not notice the sound or the door pads moving out as mentioned in the review
I noticed this inward / outward movement on the driver's doorpad. Edited my review for more clarity.

Quote:
I dont even want to talk about the alloy wheels (they remind me of the exhaust fan in my kitchen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I dont know why the skinny tyres are such an issue. For around 6000 in total, one can replace 4 tyres with fatter superior rubber.
The skinny tyres are an issue because:

- The 175s are simply not capable of handling the weight & power of this car in an emergency situation. Grippy tyres can become the difference between life & death in a sudden manouveur.

- 99% of the owners out there don't bother with an upgrade. Therefore, 99% of all Honda Citys on the road will be under-tyred. Other manufacturers aren't fools in giving their cars the right amount of rubber.

- Moderator Vid6639 recently spent about 9K (IIRC) on swapping his EcoSport's MRFs to Goodyears. Of the SAME SIZE. I'm pretty sure an upsize from 175 - 195 will cost more.

- We can upgrade anything in the after-market. What matters is what the manufacturer is providing as stock. Would you complain if tomorrow, a manufacturer starts selling 10 lakh sedans without a stereo, stating you can choose what you want in the aftermarket? Or without a spare wheel, since you can buy one separately (oh wait, BMW does so already ).
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 16:13   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm pretty sure an upsize from 175 - 195 will cost more.
Is 195/60 R15 the right up size?

Last edited by Tats07 : 31st December 2013 at 16:15.
Old 31st December 2013, 16:42   #263
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed this inward / outward movement on the driver's doorpad. Edited my review for more clarity.
My Civic's driver side doorpad has similar movement. Moves by a few mm, no big deal. Has not got better or worse with time. Compared to that the doorpad in my friend's Swift moves in and out by almost a cm.
Old 31st December 2013, 23:34   #264
BHPian

Quote:

- The 175s are simply not capable of handling the weight & power of this car in an emergency situation. Grippy tyres can become the difference between life & death in a sudden manouveur.

- 99% of the owners out there don't bother with an upgrade. Therefore, 99% of all Honda Citys on the road will be under-tyred. Other manufacturers aren't fools in giving their cars the right amount of rubber.

- Moderator Vid6639 recently spent about 9K (IIRC) on swapping his EcoSport's MRFs to Goodyears. Of the SAME SIZE. I'm pretty sure an upsize from 175 - 195 will cost more.

- We can upgrade anything in the after-market. What matters is what the manufacturer is providing as stock. Would you complain if tomorrow, a manufacturer starts selling 10 lakh sedans without a stereo, stating you can choose what you want in the aftermarket? Or without a spare wheel, since you can buy one separately (oh wait, BMW does so already ).
I cannot agree more. I learned the hard way. On the weekend before Diwali I was driving when suddenly the front end of my Vento just lost control. No I did not hit anything, no car, no pedestrian nor did I swerve to avoid anything. The car spun about 45 degrees when it hit the divider and came to a stand still. Luckily escaped with very minor injuries. Lessons to learn here:

1. When these cars are driven hard, the OE footwear is grossly inadequate
2. The OE tires are made with longevity in mind and hence with a harder compound. While this might increase tire life, it reduces grip.
3. Also, and as pointed out, keeping the kya average deti hai customer in mind, they almost always compromise on the tire size itself.

My advice to all enthusiasts is change change change. First upgrade to your car must be the tires.

Drive safe all & Happy New Year
NevGin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 05:19   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Again. Honda cares about fuel efficiency and customer perception about the same. Hell with the rest.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd January 2014 at 02:53. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:30   #266
Senior - BHPian

Keen pricing likely for new Honda City

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ty-368639.aspx
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 22:29   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Keen pricing likely for new Honda City

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ty-368639.aspx
The article speaks, "Honda has concentrated on employing a combination of heavy localisation and intelligent cost cutting measures, on the new city, to cut manufacturing costs; thereby allowing the company to price the new Honda City competitively."

Does this mean more parts of the 2014 Honda City will be manufactured in India as against, many parts that were coming from South-east Asia earlier? If that be the case, wonder if they will still keep up the QA/QC for those parts as per earlier standards. Given that it is Honda, I would like to think the QA/QC standards for the India manufactured parts would be as high as the parts that were coming from outside India, as in the earlier Honda City models.
Old 3rd January 2014, 02:27   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic review GTO!

Booked two CVT cars today to replace two of our 2nd Gen honda city's CVT. Paid 51k which is fully refundable in four days if I cancel. Dealer did mention that they are expecting two models in the CVT- V and VX. Besides that they didn't have much info.
For Jan and Feb only diesel models will be dispatched. March end the Petrol ones will come in. I have been promised one in the first lot of CVTs as they have only few bookings for the same. The diesel is obviously garnering most interest.

@GTO: you mentioned in your review that the Amaze is not CVT yet. I test drove the VX AT Amaze today and pretty sure it was the CVT as it suffered majority from the rubber band effect. Even asked the sales chap and he confirmed it is a CVT.
Old 3rd January 2014, 08:57   #269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
@GTO: you mentioned in your review that the Amaze is not CVT yet. I test drove the VX AT Amaze today and pretty sure it was the CVT as it suffered majority from the rubber band effect. Even asked the sales chap and he confirmed it is a CVT.
The Brio and Amaze share the same 5 speed torque converter box from the outgoing City.

The Brio/Amaze is sold internationally with CVT but for India they shoehorned the 5 speed torque converter to keep costs low.

The box does not have a rubber band issue but it is a slightly confused box. Sometimes it goes down to first when not needed and other times it refuses to downshift even in kickdown. Takes time to get used to.
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:38   #270
BHPian

Quote:

Which other manufacturers provide appropriate tyres? At first glance, it seems as if everyone sells undertyred vehicles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks