Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:41   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
Which other manufacturers provide appropriate tyres? At first glance, it seems as if everyone sells undertyred vehicles.
I believe SX4 ZXi first gen had appropriate tyres! Not sure about current gen though.
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:56   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which other manufacturers provide appropriate tyres? At first glance, it seems as if everyone sells undertyred vehicles.
Only Maruti SX4 comes with proper 195 section tyres, rest all manufacturers provide stock under sized tyres be it Honda, Hyundai or VW!
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:08   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Only Maruti SX4 comes with proper 195 section tyres, rest all manufacturers provide stock under sized tyres be it Honda, Hyundai or VW!
Correction. Fiat provides the TJet with 205 section tyres
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:05   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Correction. Fiat provides the TJet with 205 section tyres
Actually even the SX4 Z variant has 205/60-16 tyres which is same as the Ecosport.
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:36   #275
Senior - BHPian

Great review @GTO.

With high NVH levels, vibrations on C and A pedals, does the diesel avatar become less of a self-driven car and more of a driver driven car?
Also, the high mileage helps the tour and taxi segment further. Will they be allowed to buy this car? Will it become a replacement to Dzire Tour, to some extent?
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:52   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Great review @GTO.

Also, the high mileage helps the tour and taxi segment further. Will they be allowed to buy this car? Will it become a replacement to Dzire Tour, to some extent?
Good question,mileage would definitely be talking point for the cab industry however the price may put them off.
The likes of Dezire tour's & base variants of Vertio's are priced much lower than the City (I know the price is still a close guarded secret but speculations are only towards north).
So I don't think we would see these cars in bulk as cabs however like every other car we can expect to see them with yellow plates along with badges of some big names in the hotel industry.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:11   #277

Hello my fellow Team Bhpian's,
This is Sagar here and i have just joined the team-bhp community after following various threads on Team-Bhp especially regarding the new Honda City and Ford Ecosport for around 8-9 months.
First of all i would like to thank everybody in the Team-Bhp community for maintaining such informative threads about various cars and also a BIG-BIG Thank You to GTO for the great work on reviewing the all the new generation Honda City. GREAT WORK GUYS

Now, coming to what i am here for. Guys, i have already booked the all new Honda-City Automatic VX variant with Cvt-transmission. I had booked it in November with the Landmark Honda here in Surat as I am a huge Honda-fan, especially after driving my Honda Jazz(2009 model with manual transmission) for all these years that i had bought from same dealer. So here are some questions that i would like to ask:
1. Should i opt for the petrol model with manual transmission or with the automatic CVT transmission? (I always wanted an automatic for the great convenience that it gives but have heard a lot about cvt making lot of sound which i do not want (medium noise is ok (i.e. a pleasant sound but not a very disturbing or loud one), if it offers a better drivability with great convenience), also i would like you all to know that i will use this car only for driving in my city as for highways i always use my Toyota Innova).
2. As rightly pointed out by GTO in his review that the Honda-City is under-tyred, so i would like to know the best tyre size and the best Tyre-Brand that would go along with the car as i am willing to upgrade the tyres as soon as i get my car. ( Recommend me the best size as i have no specific budget constraints for it but it should be better performing, long-lasting and not touching the inner side walls of the car even while taking a full turn, basically i want speed along with great grip, and i am ok with a slight decrease in fuel economy).
3. Also recommend me the best looking rims that would go with my new Honda-City as i am willing to upgrade that too along with the new tyres.(Please try including some photos also)

Please help me with the above queries and i will try putting my ownership report as soon as i get the delivery of my new car which is supposed to happen in March as told to me by the dealer here in Landmark Surat. Thank You guys and keep up the great work

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd January 2014 at 17:16. Reason: fixed formatting
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:11   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Hyundai Verna comes appropriately kitted. It has 195/55/16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Great review @GTO. With high NVH levels, vibrations on C and A pedals, does the diesel avatar become less of a self-driven car and more of a driver driven car? Also, the high mileage helps the tour and taxi segment further. Will they be allowed to buy this car? Will it become a replacement to Dzire Tour, to some extent?
With the vibrations being felt on the pedal is a big turn off. Not sure how a company like Honda,known for their refinement execute this kind of a job. Sticking to the CVT makes sense.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th January 2014 at 02:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged, Please use multiquote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 22:17   #279
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of Honda City diesel's arrived in Ranchi at the dealer stockyard today. My SP called me up and invited me to check the car. Both the cars were white, one was a SV spec and another was a S spec car.

I had booked a VX CVT, but still didn't mind checking out the diesel SV. The car looks good, interiors are decent, space and comfort is also good, loved the rear. However, it didn't just click for me. Maybe I was expecting something better, maybe it was so because I just test-drove a Terrano and a Duster before checking out the City so I preferred a SUV stance. Not exactly sure why I didn't like the car.

Btw here are some pics that I took. Sorry for the crappy quality of the images.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img2014010300566.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img2014010300567.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img2014010300568.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img2014010300569.jpg  

//M is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 23:23   #280

Dakshin Honda In Bangalore says that the first lot has been dispatched from NCR on 1st jan and cars woreacts available for display by10 jan in their showroom.
The diesel is going to be first on display followed by both the CVT and petrol.
Currently the period between giving the advance to getting the CVT/petrol vehicle is 2.5months.
Old 3rd January 2014, 23:38   #281
BHPian

Has anyone come across any display/test drive vehicles in Mumbai? My SA from Apex Honda (Santacruz) says that they will receive cars only on the launch date.
Old 4th January 2014, 00:25   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
A couple of Honda City diesel's arrived in Ranchi at the dealer stockyard today. My SP called me up and invited me to check the car. Both the cars were white, one was a SV spec and another was a S spec car.
The first white Honda city spotted , Thanks . From the back, it looks lovely especially without that black cladding on the back bumper which quite honestly looked a bit out of place in the outgoing city. The front stance looks a bit low as compared to the slightly flat stance at the back.( From your pics, It almost looks like two different cars joined together ). Will def. need to see it in person!
Old 4th January 2014, 01:13   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

I had booked a VX CVT, but still didn't mind checking out the diesel SV. The car looks good, interiors are decent, space and comfort is also good, loved the rear. However, it didn't just click for me. Maybe I was expecting something better, maybe it was so because I just test-drove a Terrano and a Duster before checking out the City so I preferred a SUV stance. Not exactly sure why I didn't like the car.

Btw here are some pics that I took. Sorry for the crappy quality of the images.
The S versions seems to have a grayish grill and not the gawdy chrome stuff like the SV, V and VX. I would love to see the new city in S trip and black color.
Old 4th January 2014, 06:16   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The S versions seems to have a grayish grill and not the gawdy chrome
I guess it looks that way due to angle of pic and low light.
Also, those who have seen /about to check the demo car, please check if Honda added panel inside boot and also about the door panel moving when windows are moved down.
Old 4th January 2014, 06:54   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarrungta View Post
Hello my fellow Team Bhpian's,
This is Sagar here and i have just joined the team-bhp community after following various threads on Team-Bhp especially regarding the new Honda City and Ford Ecosport for around 8-9 months.
First of all i would like to thank everybody in the Team-Bhp community for maintaining such informative threads about various cars and also a BIG-BIG Thank You to GTO for the great work on reviewing the all the new generation Honda City.
Guys, i have already booked the all new Honda-City Automatic VX variant with Cvt-transmission.
Welcome to TBHP sagarrungta

Certainly GTO's reviews and the entire collection of informative threads drew me also towards TBHP.

Hope you get timely delivery of the car, waiting for your report as soon as you take the delivery of the car, BTW isn't March a bit late or the deliveries will begin from march only for all the cities ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks