Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2014, 13:40   #826
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Report on my initial ownership experience: here
Old 17th February 2014, 11:20   #827
BHPian

Finally, after much deliberation and confusion between petrol or diesel, i have booked the City VX petrol model yesterday. Chose the Urban Titanium color.

However, I have one concern which i would appreciate if someone could answer here. How difficult is it to maintain a Sunroof?. Are sunroof successful in India considering the high level of dust and pollution here?
Old 17th February 2014, 13:46   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
I have one concern which i would appreciate if someone could answer here. How difficult is it to maintain a Sunroof?. Are sunroof successful in India considering the high level of dust and pollution here?
I have the same concern. I am not sure if it was on Team-BHP forums or somewhere else, but I read somewhere there is a risk of Leakages during monsoon through Sun-roof as the car goes old.

I am guessing that this might just be some rumour as the major automobile manufacturers must have surely taken care of such aspects specially for Indian Weather conditions.

Can somebody shed some light on this topic?
Old 17th February 2014, 14:24   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
...However, I have one concern which i would appreciate if someone could answer here. How difficult is it to maintain a Sunroof?. Are sunroof successful in India considering the high level of dust and pollution here?
If you are NOT going to park under trees or open spaces, I do NOT think it's going to be a pain. Again as said, you would need to check and clean up any accumulated dust once in a while and also make sure you operate the sun roof atleast once in a week.

There is actually a dedicated thread on the maintenance of a sunroof.
Old 17th February 2014, 14:40   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you are NOT going to park under trees or open spaces, I do NOT think it's going to be a pain. Again as said, you would need to check and clean up any accumulated dust once in a while and also make sure you operate the sun roof atleast once in a week.

There is actually a dedicated thread on the maintenance of a sunroof.
Thanks! Cannot rule out parking under a tree or open spaces. Will put the driver to task for any wanted cleaning required

My main concern was the mechanical part as the dedicated thread on sunroof did state that no one has successfully repaired/changed a sunroof. Also, just got over the phone with a friend who is using the sunroof on his cruise for 4-5 years now. He gave the Sunroof a thumbs up!

And now on top of that, there should be a reduction of 4% in the excise duty
Old 17th February 2014, 14:42   #831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
True. 6th and Reverse both are in the same plane, that is down. Unfortunately Reverse , which is next to the 6th, does not have a safety lock - so theoretically, there's a chance that driver's attempting to seek 6th, but finding the Reverse gate - because they had pulled the stick closer to the driver's seat and then attempted to shift down.
Finding reverse, while trying to find 6th seem like a disaster. Has anyone tried slotting into 6th?
Old 17th February 2014, 15:50   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Finding reverse, while trying to find 6th seem like a disaster. Has anyone tried slotting into 6th?
Yup! Did a test drive of the diesel and it worked like a charm.
ankan_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 17:40   #833
Senior - BHPian

A Finally took the test drive at Classic Honda today.
There were 2 cars available for TD. A vx and Sv. We took the Sv as this is the one we intended to book.

My observations - (kindly keep in mind I drive a Manza right now and had booked amaze earlier so my sole comparison in all departments were keeping them in mind)
Dashboard looks real good and in comparison to amaze extremely premium. One look at it and I decided to cancel amaze booking and getting this.
Clear dials with blue lights look cool. So does touchscreen Acc.
Wish we had 5 inch music system in this too but this one looked nice as well along with that black panel. Sound quality wasn't as good as I wanted. Maybe settings needed tweaking or lack of tweeters but something was missing.
Amaze gear knob looks more premium but gearshift is excellent in city.
After reading complaints from many users before that engine noise is more I drove it for first 5 mins without any sound system just to check it. It's more than acceptable for me. Very less than amaze. My father had same view.
Power is linear. No turbo lag and loved that after driving Manza with lag, initially it felt like bliss. In city driving will be great which is my primary concern. Pick up was good. No where near Verna or Vento but good.
Back seat comfort is good. Checked suspension on pot hole road as well ground clearance and it never bottomed anywhere. A relief.
Seat belt position is ridiculous with no adjustments.

All in all we were impressed and cancelled booking of amaze and booked this. Waiting time quoted is 2 months. Dealer was trying to coax us in getting the one standing in showroom which had accessories like seat cover, parking sensors etc installed. It was 30000 more. Rejected the offer as I needed only parking sensors.
Color selected is Camelian Red.

Queries - Should we opt for parking sensors or parking sensors with camera? There price is 5500 and 10k respectively.
As for Fog lamps dealer said Honda won't give it for another 6 months so cant be installed now. Is that true?

P. S- best news was dealer informed they are not mentioning car price on booking form as a price reduction will take place tomorrow due to reduction in excise duty. :-)

Quote:
Yes I took it to 90 and it easily slotted into 6th. Didn't tried the reverse. In Delhi driving 6th gear will be hardly used.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 17th February 2014 at 22:12. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option within 30mins.
harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 17:49   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The manual says there is a "Reverse Lockout" feature . This feature stops you from accidentally shifting into Reverse from the 5th Gear.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-reverse_lockout.jpg  

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 17th February 2014 at 18:02.
vsrivatsa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 17:57   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Queries - Should we opt for parking sensors or parking sensors with camera? There price is 5500 and 10k respectively. As for Fog lamps dealer said Honda won't give it for another 6 months so cant be installed now. Is that true?
P. S- best news was dealer informed they are not mentioning car price on booking form as a price reduction will take place tomorrow due to reduction in excise duty. :-)
Welcome to the Honda Club Yes, I would recommend some form of reverse sensors. I think its possible to manage with sound sensors.

Lucky you on the reduction in price!! Keep us posted on how much price reduction happens based on what you hear tomorrow.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 18:07   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Welcome to the Honda Club Yes, I would recommend some form of reverse sensors. I think its possible to manage with sound sensors.

Lucky you on the reduction in price!! Keep us posted on how much price reduction happens based on what you hear tomorrow.
Thanks, Will surely do.
In another forum a member has calculated a reduction of atleast 25-30k.

Now I have another dilemma. That brings the V model into picture. It was 10.16 ex showroom. Didn't go for it as including the increase in Registration would have to shell out atleast 70k more. But now it will be under 10 lac bracket so I can go for it. Is it advisable to get V instead of Sv. Need urgent input so I can change the booking tomorrow itself.
Old 17th February 2014, 18:33   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Will surely do.
In another forum a member has calculated a reduction of atleast 25-30k.

Now I have another dilemma. That brings the V model into picture. It was 10.16 ex showroom. Didn't go for it as including the increase in Registration would have to shell out atleast 70k more. But now it will be under 10 lac bracket so I can go for it. Is it advisable to get V instead of Sv. Need urgent input so I can change the booking tomorrow itself.
I would say go for the V. I think in Delhi the price will go below 10 L for sure. Thats a double benefit for you!! In Bangalore its still not clear since the ex-showroom price in Bangalore was 10.4L.

This article pegs the price reduction for cars with <1.5 L engine at 32K to 48K

Also check the thread : here >> some news from Honda India...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 17th February 2014 at 18:35.
Old 17th February 2014, 22:03   #838
BHPian

Quote:
A Finally took the test drive at Classic Honda today.
There were 2 cars available for TD. A vx and Sv. We took the Sv as this is the one we intended to book.

Clear dials with blue lights look cool. So does touchscreen Acc.
Wish we had 5 inch music system in this too but this one looked nice as well along with that black panel. Sound quality wasn't as good as I wanted.

Queries - Should we opt for parking sensors or parking sensors with camera? There price is 5500 and 10k respectively.
As for Fog lamps dealer said Honda won't give it for another 6 months so cant be installed now. Is that true?

Thanks for the test drive review. The SV is indeed a pretty good package for price. I have booked the SV CVT model. 'V' model is really tempting and I would have gone for it had they given that in CVT. There is almost 1 lakh price difference(on road atleast in Bangalore) so just do some calculation and see if the extras coming in V model is something you really need or you can get as an accessory package. The 5 inch audio is something that looks pretty good and I was very skeptical on the 3.5" looking at pictures on the forum but when I saw the SV model in person, the audio system looks nice and blends well with piano black dashboard. The 5" audio is something that would be difficult to upgrade on SV model I believe.

Regarding the parking sensors, my brother has the earlier generation White Honda City with parking sensors only (installed from official accessory list) and I have driven that car also at length. I've never had problems reversing/parking with just parking sensors. We have reverse camera in another car but I just find the sensor with beeps good enough. I'm not a big fan of looking into the camera and taking the decision. The intensity of reverse sensor beeps is really sufficient to take call. But please install it from the official accessory list only. Even though you pay a premium, the finishing is good and I do feel the quality is better than some of sensors available after market. It does not come with any display but I don't see a much need of it.

Quote:

Quote:
I would say go for the V. I think in Delhi the price will go below 10 L for sure. Thats a double benefit for you!! In Bangalore its still not clear since the ex-showroom price in Bangalore was 10.4L.

This article pegs the price reduction for cars with <1.5 L engine at 32K to 48K

Also check the thread : here >> some news from Honda India...
Thanks for the info. I saw the news today as well. I believe the new reduced price would be applicable for even the customers who have booked earlier but have not taken delivery/invoiced yet. I'll check with Dakshin Honda tomorrow on this. If they expect us to pay revised higher prices post booking, I'm assuming it's applicable for reverse as well. I hope Honda does not use this as an opportunity to increase price looking at the demand but keeping the overall cost same
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 08:25   #839
Senior - BHPian

City prices will be down by around 25K as excise duty is slashed!

Honda can use this funds to cover-up few let-downs such as Boot-lid internal cover, better size tyres, better quality / looking alloys, VGT for Diesel...etc!

That can make City an excellent package..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 08:32   #840
BHPian

Quote:

Can you please post the accessory list with prices from your dealer if you have? The one I have from Dakshin Honda, I see price of INR 6500 for parking sensors. I'm assuming the price of official accessory list should be same across dealers right?

Also, snippet of article on excise duty reduction. Folks taking delivery today onwards might want to check with dealer on this:

"Companies are expected to announce new prices on Tuesday morning, and the reduction will also be applicable to the stock in transit or that with the dealers, officials said."

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/30579074.cms

Most Viewed