Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2014, 10:17   #931
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
...But as I said earlier, I have some really silly doubts which I think would be jus resolved across on the phone with some of our Team-BHP guys.
There is NOTHING called silly doubts on this forum. Everyone here learn a lot thru questions & answers and NO one has ever ridiculed others.

So please feel relaxed and put down your questions, there could be more people who may have the same questions and you would help them understand / clear their doubts too!

Edit:: You may also call up other bhp'ians and clear your doubts, but some of us might as well benefit if you can post your questions. Your call though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th February 2014 at 10:18.
Old 24th February 2014, 13:28   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
There is NOTHING called silly doubts on this forum. Everyone here learn a lot thru questions & answers and NO one has ever ridiculed others.
Agreed! I too would like to share stuff from my end. Just that I thought the conversation would get too lengthy for the forums. So I will discuss and share it later.

This is slightly

Well the Queries that I had were something like this and the Outcome of discussion with Rahul is also indicated:

1. Should I install reverse parking sensors? If yes, then from Dealer or After-market, as I was worried about risking any Warranty to be void for going aftermarket.
Outcome - The Honda City VMT already has Reverse Parking Camera, lets use it for some while and then decide when the Sensors are really required.

2. GPS Navigation System - Is it stand alone or requires any tinkering with the Car's Electrical circuits / units.
Outcome - Well, I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note which has GPS & Navigation function, so really speaking there is no need for having an additional GPS navigation System. Again like the first point. Better give the phone a try first before investing 5-10K for the GPS Navigation system.

3. Wanted to know some Aftermarket Dealers in my locality for other cosmetic stuff like carpet Lamination, Floor Mats, seat covers etc.

4. The Dealer was pushing for Anti-Rust and Paint Protection Film as Accessories for my car. I would certainly like to have more opinions on those. As Rahul indicated now a days the manufacturers itself are taking of these things during manufacturing or in the warranty, but then are the Showroom guys pushing for this only for minting money.

By the way, Appreciate Rahul Sharma to providing his inputs to the above queries.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 13:56   #933
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Should I install reverse parking sensors? If yes, then from Dealer or After-market, as I was worried about risking any Warranty to be void for going aftermarket.
Outcome - The Honda City VMT already has Reverse Parking Camera, lets use it for some while and then decide when the Sensors are really required.
You would NOT really require parking sensors also. If you want to install aftermarket sensors, there are 2 ways;

1. Buy the stuff and get it installed in HA$$. That way, they can NOT deny warranty.

2. As long as NO wires are cut (usual process), NO voiding the warranty.

Quote:
2. GPS Navigation System - Is it stand alone or requires any tinkering with the Car's Electrical circuits / units.
Outcome - Well, I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note which has GPS & Navigation function, so really speaking there is no need for having an additional GPS navigation System. Again like the first point. Better give the phone a try first before investing 5-10K for the GPS Navigation system...
I do NOT think any warranty issues can crop up here either as long as NO wires are cut. From what I understand, the portable navigation systems work as stand alone units.

Quote:
... 3. Wanted to know some Aftermarket Dealers in my locality for other cosmetic stuff like carpet Lamination, Floor Mats, seat covers etc...
There are lots of recommended shops in the list. Please have a check. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/

Quote:
... 4. The Dealer was pushing for Anti-Rust and Paint Protection Film as Accessories for my car. I would certainly like to have more opinions on those....
3M would be a good option. You can also check for detailers information on the above thread. Dealers have FAT margins on these and hence they will try to push these things. If you want to get it done, please have it done from an aftermarket vendor for a better quality and better price.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 14:41   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Outcome - Well, I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note which has GPS & Navigation function, so really speaking there is no need for having an additional GPS navigation System. Again like the first point. Better give the phone a try first before investing 5-10K for the GPS Navigation system.
In my opinion, it is better to use phone as GPS device. Reasons.

1. Sygic india map is free now. No need to spent money
2. If you are planning to go somewhere, you can plan the route outside (car, hotel etc). In a dedicated GPS device, you have to do this inside the car.
3. Google map gives better search facility. If you installed sygic in phone, you can search using google map and then when you press "navigation" button, it ask you whether to use sygic or google navigation. In this way you have more options.

Only problem with mobile as a navigation device is GPS connectivity in the beginning. if you are in a hurry and your car is parked in basement, it may take some time before the mobile picks up the signal. (Some times, I had to stop my car for couple of mins to get the GPS signal)
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 15:00   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed! I too would like to share stuff from my end. Just that I thought the conversation would get too lengthy for the forums. So I will discuss and share it later.

This is slightly

Well the Queries that I had were something like this and the Outcome of discussion with Rahul is also indicated:

3. Wanted to know some Aftermarket Dealers in my locality for other cosmetic stuff like carpet Lamination, Floor Mats, seat covers etc.

4. The Dealer was pushing for Anti-Rust and Paint Protection Film as Accessories for my car. I would certainly like to have more opinions on those. As Rahul indicated now a days the manufacturers itself are taking of these things during manufacturing or in the warranty, but then are the Showroom guys pushing for this only for minting money.

By the way, Appreciate Rahul Sharma to providing his inputs to the above queries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

3M would be a good option. You can also check for detailers information on the above thread. Dealers have FAT margins on these and hence they will try to push these things. If you want to get it done, please have it done from an aftermarket vendor for a better quality and better price.

As a recent owner, answers below in order.

1> The camera is great and the three view modes give excellent customization options. Much better than sensors in my opinion.
On the other hand I am thinking of getting front sensors installed as I feel you sit quite below the dash and I am 6'2'' so for shorter guys, this might be an issue.

2> Use your mobile and buy a holder, I did from snap deal cost around 500.

3>Swift n Furious has you covered here.

4>Again agree with Swift n Furious here, I got my under body coating done at 3M Gurgaon and it was an amazing experience. Not to mention it cost only Rs. 2011 including taxes as compared to the 6 odd thousand the dealer was charging.

Actually before you go for stuff in point 3, visit the 3M store, they have a lot of options for mats and interiors and the finish and execution is very original.

Last edited by eq24 : 24th February 2014 at 15:01.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 15:17   #936
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
3. Wanted to know some Aftermarket Dealers in my locality for other cosmetic stuff like carpet Lamination, Floor Mats, seat covers etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Actually before you go for stuff in point 3, visit the 3M store, they have a lot of options for mats and interiors and the finish and execution is very original.
To be honest, for floor lamination & mats, I would approach a very normal shop. 3M finish & quality would be better, but it would be quite expensive as well (noticed from the noodle mat thread).

These are things which are NOT visible to most the people and even if you need to change the mats once in 2 years, that's cost effective when it is a normal quality stuff.

The normal mats in my Swift (except drivers side), even after 5 years have been looking as good as new. The driver side one has torn at the heel position though.
Old 24th February 2014, 15:23   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would recommend Sound based sensors since it grabs your attention even if you are not seeing the Reverse Camera and avoids unwanted mishaps.

An alarm type of warning is definitely very useful since the Reverse Camera is passive. This is what I felt after a month's usage where on one occasion I did reverse into some object at the back as I failed to notice the reverse camera. As I was at slow speed it was not so bad...
Old 24th February 2014, 15:39   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand I am thinking of getting front sensors installed as I feel you sit quite below the dash and I am 6'2'' so for shorter guys, this might be an issue.
More acknowledgement that the ergonomics of the City aren't the best. I wonder what shorter drivers will do? That dash really is very high.
Old 24th February 2014, 16:05   #939
BHPian

Quote:

4. The Dealer was pushing for Anti-Rust and Paint Protection Film as Accessories for my car.
To add to all above posts:
For 1: A wise choice for having sensors installed. I've been really happy with the Honda Official sensors. We've faced no problems when installed on earlier generation Honda City (does not have reverse camera). The fit and finish was also really good (body colored sensors). Honda charges a premium but mentally you are at peace with the quality/fit. If you plan for after market, just do your research and then get it installed from them.

For 4: Do get paint protection/sealant done. C-Quartz is a new technology (some detailers call it nano coating). It is expensive but I've heard very good reviews about the same

Quote:
As a recent owner, answers below in order.

1> The camera is great and the three view modes give excellent customization options. Much better than sensors in my opinion.
Typically in all the new sedans, it has always been difficult to clearly see where the front ends. I believe based on judgement, it should be fine. During a tight spot, I'm sure these sensors would be useful but can someone comment on the nuisance/constant beeping that they may be adding to. I was sitting in a friend's Mercedes and he has side sensors installed and it was pretty frustrating to hear constant beeps.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 16:18   #940
Senior - BHPian

Question - The reverse camera which Honda is offering as an accessory, is it the same which is coming in V and VX models?
As I understand in these models the screen used is the same 5 inch music system one. However in SV it's 3.5 inch system. So, will we get an additional screen for the camera?
Old 24th February 2014, 16:32   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
For 4: Do get paint protection/sealant done. C-Quartz is a new technology (some detailers call it nano coating). It is expensive but I've heard very good reviews about the same
C-Quartz Looks interesting - can you share some additional links related to this? Is this available in BLR?
Old 24th February 2014, 16:33   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Typically in all the new sedans, it has always been difficult to clearly see where the front ends. I believe based on judgement, it should be fine.
True, but its a question of visibility. In most cars, the bonnet falls off from the driver's viewing position and you have to judge where the front is. Here I can't quite look beyond the dash and that is not a good feeling.

Last edited by StarScream : 24th February 2014 at 16:35.
Old 24th February 2014, 17:26   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
C-Quartz Looks interesting - can you share some additional links related to this? Is this available in BLR?
The one I'm aware of: Ultimate Detailerz. They are located somewhere near CV Raman Nagar. I believe they charge around 8.5K for nano treatment. Thread here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93776

Detailed review by one of our members who got this treatment done by them here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3234826
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 17:38   #944
BHPian

I spotted a Honda Vtec (Petrol) on the DND Express Highway. The car looked like a test car. It had a red number plate.

The car was being driven at a very high speed and overtook my car. Before I could pull out a camera to click, it was way ahead. Poor picture quality is regretted.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda.jpg
Old 24th February 2014, 18:52   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
I spotted a Honda Vtec (Petrol) on the DND Express Highway. The car looked like a test car. It had a red number plate.

The car was being driven at a very high speed and overtook my car. Before I could pull out a camera to click, it was way ahead. Poor picture quality is regretted.

Attachment 1211523
Possibly a test drive vehicle, coz I asked dealers around in NCR and on average, the first deliveries of the petrol City are being stated at around 1st week of March with TDs available from late Feb - and it is late Feb now.

Most Viewed