Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2014, 10:14   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
This is a question / comment on what is the 'actual' tank capacity of the 2014 Honda City.
40 liters.

Quote:
(vii) Are the 2014 new Honda Citys' (Petrol & Diesel) have similar tank capacities as 2012 and earlier Honda City or could the newer models have bigger capacities?
Earlier version had a 42 liter tank - 34.1 liters main + 7.9 liters reserve.

Quote:
I really think considering Honda City is a C2 segment car, it should have had a tank capacity of between 45 liters to 50 liters so that it could travel longer distance before subsequent refill. Wonder if the other C2 segment petrol counterparts (Verna, Vento etc.) have similar fuel tank sizes.
Verna = 43 liters
Vento = 55 liters
Fiesta = 43 liters
Linea = 45 liters
Old 26th February 2014, 10:53   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
40 liters.

Earlier version had a 42 liter tank - 34.1 liters main + 7.9 liters reserve.

Verna = 43 liters
Vento = 55 liters
Fiesta = 43 liters
Linea = 45 liters
I feel 40 litres is good enough for the i-DTEC given that it gives a mileage of 16+ consistently with City driving. If Reserve is 5 litres, then we would get a range of 560 km before reserve It would be around 700 kms on Highway driving (@20 kmpl). For the i-VTEC this could be an issue...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 26th February 2014 at 10:55.
Old 26th February 2014, 16:21   #978
BHPian

A friend of mine wants to buy the top-end VX trim in Petrol, but does not want the leather seats as he feels strongly against killing of animals. Are the seats in the VX trim genuine leather or art leather? The SA at the dealership says its genuine but didn't seem so sure.
He would buy if the seats are not genuine leather.
Else is there a way to get normal fabric seats instead of leather seats?
naikameya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 16:32   #979

Hi All,

As you can see I am new bird on the messaging aspect on the forum. I have been more into reading the threads and gathering knowledge.

I have booked my City VMT Diesel in January and expecting delivery in the first week of March. I have been reading quite a lot of the tyre change and would require some assistance how would that help the stability of the car and the general running. In addition, what else do you suggest as part of changes to the car.

Any other suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance
Old 26th February 2014, 16:53   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
A friend of mine wants to buy the top-end VX trim in Petrol, but does not want the leather seats as he feels strongly against killing of animals. Are the seats in the VX trim genuine leather or art leather? The SA at the dealership says its genuine but didn't seem so sure.
There was a thread about this earlier as well in a high end car though. Truth be told while the gesture is good it will be difficult to implement.

Your best bet is to contact the company direct and send your request as such. Being a fast moving product and considering you will not be looking for a reduction in price in lieu of the fabric seats, they might just agree.

Although since car manufacture is a highly automated process with the whole flow being keyed in, I doubt they will change the flow for just one car.
All said and done though, what's the harm in asking?

Deal with the company ie. Honda for this, dealers have their own agendas and might not even look into this request.

Last edited by eq24 : 26th February 2014 at 16:55.
Old 26th February 2014, 17:33   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Honestly, I doubt anything will happen in favor of your friend. The business for the company will be more important all the environmental excuses that certain customer will prefer; NOT saying your friend is wrong.

One other suggestion I can give is to find out someone (preferably from the forum / friend circle) who might have booked a lower variant and swap the seats with them.
Old 26th February 2014, 17:49   #982
Senior - BHPian

One question for those who've received their Citys. How effective/bright are the headlights? Do the low beams work when you use high beam? Since the bulbs and reflectors are different. Do the fog lights work with the high beams or do they switch off? This happens in some cars with a quad beam setup.

People used to complain about the effectiveness of the previous gen's single beam headlights.

Last edited by StarScream : 26th February 2014 at 17:50.
Old 26th February 2014, 18:31   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuly2k View Post
Hi All,

As you can see I am new bird on the messaging aspect on the forum. I have been more into reading the threads and gathering knowledge.

I have booked my City VMT Diesel in January and expecting delivery in the first week of March. I have been reading quite a lot of the tyre change and would require some assistance how would that help the stability of the car and the general running. In addition, what else do you suggest as part of changes to the car.

Any other suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance
Welcome to Team-BHP. Given that you have booked the V Variant you will get most of the accessories such as Reverse Camera, Fog Lamps, Bluetooth Music System etc. as part of the package. You could possibly add some sort of paint protection and scuff plates.

In terms of the tyres, I ended up with MRF ZVTV as the default for which the reviews were not good. If you end up with Michelin/Bridgestone tyres you could possibly live with them. In case you want to upsize then you should read the thread here: URL. That covers all aspects of tyre upgrade for the new Honda City.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 19:17   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
One question for those who've received their Citys. How effective/bright are the headlights? Do the low beams work when you use high beam? Since the bulbs and reflectors are different. Do the fog lights work with the high beams or do they switch off? This happens in some cars with a quad beam setup.

People used to complain about the effectiveness of the previous gen's single beam headlights.
I had to go to the car and check this
The low beams continue to work when we use the high beam. The Fog lamps also continue to work when we switch on the high beam.

Overall I have found the headlights to be quite impressive on the highways.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 20:08   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I had to go to the car and check this
The low beams continue to work when we use the high beam. The Fog lamps also continue to work when we switch on the high beam.

Overall I have found the headlights to be quite impressive on the highways.
Thank you for checking. I guess the output of six bulbs on the road, even if they are halogens, will give some serious lighting.
Old 26th February 2014, 20:23   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
One other suggestion I can give is to find out someone (preferably from the forum / friend circle) who might have booked a lower variant and swap the seats with them.
Well I have booked a V MT Petrol and I am ready to swap seats with anybody who does not want leather seats.
Old 26th February 2014, 20:38   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
When did you do the booking and with which dealer?

Just curious to know as I have booked V MT Petrol on this Sunday and have been quoted a waiting period of 6-8 weeks by Arya Honda.
I had pre-booked in November with Solitaire Honda. I think the time frame which you have been told of 6-8 weeks is similar to what I could gauge at Solitaire. Don't be surprised if it comes earlier!
Old 26th February 2014, 20:55   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I had pre-booked in November with Solitaire Honda. I think the time frame which you have been told of 6-8 weeks is similar to what I could gauge at Solitaire. Don't be surprised if it comes earlier!
My apprehension is different. In fact I am surprised Arya Honda is quoting 6-8 weeks. I checked up with Hallmark, Apex & Linkway Honda all giving me a waiting period ranging betwen 3-5 Months.

I would be surprised if Arya delivers in 6-8 weeks and would be really very happy if they deliver even before that.
Old 26th February 2014, 21:39   #989
Senior - BHPian

This is Off Topic

Never the less it would be encouraging for all the people frustrated with the wait times, Honda has opened up a new facility at Tapukara, Rajasthan a few days back. More information here: URL

Also a good video on YouTube showing the assembling of the Honda Amaze:
URL
vsrivatsa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 11:46   #990
Distinguished - BHPian

Are color choices affecting the waiting periods?

I am told that all cars booked with the Golden Brown/Urban Titanium metallic shade have a 2-month waiting period, while Taffeta White/Alabaster Silver cars would be available within a month.

Golden Brown being an all-new shade is understandable, but Honda shouldn't have an issue with availability of the UT, since it's shared across other cars (Brio, Amaze) in it's lineup.

Most Viewed