Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2014, 19:03   #1051
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
In bold is the primary reason i have gone ahead with honda assure as well. Plus i checked the online quotes of most insurance companies and there wasn't more than 2-3k difference.
I think there would be some discrimination if chosen a different vendor. Someone who has done so should give some input about it.
For me, I got a quote of about 34K for Honda Assure (zero dep) and then I called policybazaar.com and they got me a quote of 25K for same coverage with Bharti AXA and if I add some 2-2.5K, I get engine cover as well. Bharti AXA has some promotions going on so this big difference. When I checked for National and other providers, there was a difference of only about 2-3K.
Old 4th March 2014, 19:20   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
In bold is the primary reason i have gone ahead with honda assure as well. Plus i checked the online quotes of most insurance companies and there wasn't more than 2-3k difference.
I think there would be some discrimination if chosen a different vendor. Someone who has done so should give some input about it.
I have not changed the insurance deal yet. I was contemplating on other options, if vendors are offering same service for better pricing (minimum difference of 6k) what are the super advantages of taking it from the dealer.
I think I will now go with Honda itself and experiment other options at a later point, when needed
Old 4th March 2014, 19:59   #1053
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any updates on expected delivery dates for those of you who booked in the second half of February and first week of March till now?

I think mine might get stretched to the third week of March, that is when the next batch is expected from the factory. My dealer has received the first batch of Citys for March 2014 and most of them are petrols, with a few diesels which were booked on January-end/first week of February.

Unfortunately, none of them was a silver V MT either. Almost all of them were SVs, with a single VX and a couple of S MTs.
Old 4th March 2014, 20:31   #1054
BHPian

My car (Petrol VMT) would be delivered on 6th March. The car is in the stock yard and will be reaching the showroom tomorrow afternoon.
I am planning to exchange the stock alloys with 6 spoke gun metal finish ones, which are priced at 45k. I need to pay additional 20k for the exchange. The car is white in color, I am not sure if the gun metal finish will go well on that. Will decide it tomorrow after PDI check. I hate the stock alloys, will change it for sure...
Guys, please advise!
Old 4th March 2014, 20:54   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Has anyone tried to go with outside/third party insurance? For now I have selected Honda Insurance only but I do see similar (zero dep) third party insurance for almost 9-10K less. However, when I checked with few folks, they said that at least for 1st year, just go with Honda provided insurance as it'll be easier/faster to get claims processed and comes with peace of mind. From second year, you can shift to a third party provider or negotiate with Honda
I opted for Honda assure because of Two Reasons.
1. Peace of Mind in terms of claim settlement as they cannot push around the claim (I hope I do not get to that situation)
2. I didn't think about 5-6K while buying a car worth 11L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats View Post
Yes. The petrol deliveries have commenced in Mumbai. I have booked the VX manual petrol and yesterday i got a call from the dealer confirming that a Red one is available for delivery in case i want it in lieu of the Golden Brown Metallic. But i refused and will wait for the chosen color to arrive.
When did you book the Petrol city.
Old 4th March 2014, 22:04   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Unfortunately, none of them was a silver V MT either. Almost all of them were SVs, with a single VX and a couple of S MTs.
This seems to be the common pattern everywhere. Honda has focused on producing large volumes of the SV variant. But then the consolation is, given that you chose Silver, you should get it earlier than most other colors
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 23:28   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Guys, any updates on expected delivery dates for those of you who booked in the second half of February and first week of March till now?

I think mine might get stretched to the third week of March, that is when the next batch is expected from the factory. My dealer has received the first batch of Citys for March 2014 and most of them are petrols, with a few diesels which were booked on January-end/first week of February.

I have booked VMT in the first week of February. My car allocation was supposed to happen this week but apparently in hyd no VMT was allocated to pride honda this week and the SA said I will have to wait for mine till the next week, not sure on this but I'll wait for the next week and then get on a serious discussion with him
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 23:51   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
My car (Petrol VMT) would be delivered on 6th March. The car is in the stock yard and will be reaching the showroom tomorrow afternoon.
I am planning to exchange the stock alloys with 6 spoke gun metal finish ones, which are priced at 45k. I need to pay additional 20k for the exchange. The car is white in color, I am not sure if the gun metal finish will go well on that. Will decide it tomorrow after PDI check. I hate the stock alloys, will change it for sure...
Guys, please advise!
You are in great luck my friend, I just spotted your requirement this afternoon. The plan to upgrade to the same wheels and hence clicked this pic for comparison. Do post a pic if you find a silver car with same wheels when you go for PDI, Take a look below, i think they look stunning on a white car. Im confused on the car color itself and posted two pics previously on this thread for comparison. I feel these gun metal alloys may also suit Silver and UT.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-26c5e17b5e1577801f234da80ef9cf8a.jpg

Last edited by Amarendranath : 4th March 2014 at 23:53.
Amarendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 01:11   #1059
Senior - BHPian

How does car allocations happen? I mean does dealer get them on weekly basis or monthly ones?
I talked to my dealer and he said they had received only 3 white cars since the deliveries started. I find that hard to believe.
Old 5th March 2014, 07:07   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Has anyone tried to go with outside/third party insurance? For now I have selected Honda Insurance only but I do see similar (zero dep) third party insurance for almost 9-10K less. However, when I checked with few folks, they said that at least for 1st year, just go with Honda provided insurance as it'll be easier/faster to get claims processed and comes with peace of mind. From second year, you can shift to a third party provider or negotiate with Honda
Good suggestion, go with Honda Assure for the 1st year.

For the 1st year, I also went with Honda Assure. Of course when I purchased our Honda City, Honda had a promotion going on and we got the Honda Assure Insurance for the 1st year at a very nominal cost. Second year onwards I went with Tata AIG as our second vehicle, the Hyundai Getz, already had Tata AIG, so wanted both our cars with a single insurance company.
Old 5th March 2014, 10:27   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post

When did you book the Petrol city.
I booked it in December and as informed by the dealer mine is the first one for the VX Petrol and hence he gave me an option to go for the first car he received in VX Petrol.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:45   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Honda City has entered into the Top 10 in Sales for India for Feb 2014.

More details here: URL

Another chart of the cars/soft-roaders that people who bought the City would have possibly considered:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-sedans.jpg
Old 5th March 2014, 13:27   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
How does car allocations happen? I mean does dealer get them on weekly basis or monthly ones?

I talked to my dealer and he said they had received only 3 white cars since the deliveries started. I find that hard to believe.

Looks like the allotment happens in both ways. In the month of feb all the stock was allocated only once, but my SE tells me that for March the stock will continue to flow in till the 3rd week and in the 1st week no top end models have arrived. I have contacted all three honda showrooms in Hyderabad. The top end stock this week was very minimal.
Old 5th March 2014, 18:29   #1064
Senior - BHPian

Just got to know that logistics charges which is 6250 in case of City is deemed illegal by supreme court and so we can refuse to pay it. Is this true?
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 19:13   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got to know that logistics charges which is 6250 in case of City is deemed illegal by supreme court and so we can refuse to pay it. Is this true?
Don't know - just checked based on your post and I see that its been declared illegal quite some time back! URL I already paid it Has anyone managed to get away without paying "Handling Charges"?

Can I file for a return of "Handling Charges"? It is not explicitly called out in the Sales Contract it is hidden as "Road Tax and Charge"...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 5th March 2014 at 19:26.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed