Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2014, 13:06   #1081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
RED RAMBO is a V-MT i-Vtec (bad internet connection which resulted in post being incomplete)

Hi. We are really looking forward for a detailed ownership review as probably yours is the first Ivtec on this forum.
Your review will be immensely helful for all potential petrol city buyers.
Old 6th March 2014, 14:36   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
RED RAMBO is a V-MT i-Vtec (bad internet connection which resulted in post being incomplete)
Congrats!
Red really looks good on city.
Do post a link of your ownership review as and when you post it.
Old 6th March 2014, 15:30   #1083
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Why do they have to make under the table payments for registering a car ?
Does the dealer have a problem with RTO ? If so why should the customer pay for it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
As for why they need to make a payment - I am guessing its to ensure "smooth" and "quick" processing of the formalities. Everyone knows how Govt. Offices work - possibly they would need to move from one table to another to get the processing completed otherwise. Although, I doubt if they make a payment for every car. Possibly they may do it for 1 in every 3 or 4 cars which means what they charge for the other cars they get to keep for themselves
One thing I heard is that in general the car never goes to the RTO, only the file goes. If I am not wrong, as per rules the car should be taken to the RTO for the registration formalities. Part of the 'Handling Charges' may be a way 'around' this rule.
Old 6th March 2014, 16:47   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
:
Does the dealer have a problem with RTO ? If so why should the customer pay for it ?
Its to get the registration done quickly and more importantly cars these days are not taken to the RTO office for inspection and registration. Only the documents are sent and registration happens without physical inspection of the car which is technically illegal. So under the table payment is mostly for this arrangement is my strong guess.
Old 6th March 2014, 16:56   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
You are in great luck my friend, I just spotted your requirement this afternoon. The plan to upgrade to the same wheels and hence clicked this pic for comparison. Do post a pic if you find a silver car with same wheels when you go for PDI, Take a look below, i think they look stunning on a white car. Im confused on the car color itself and posted two pics previously on this thread for comparison. I feel these gun metal alloys may also suit Silver and UT.
Attachment 1215410
Thanks for sharing the pictures, Amarendranath. I have changed the alloys to 7 spoke gun metal ones by paying additional 20k. The car is in the showroom and would be delivered by 6:00 pm IST. Will post the pictures shortly !

The stock tyres I got are Michelin XM1 Energy. Should I upgrade it to Michelin 195/60/R15 Primacy or continue with the same size? The exchange price I am getting on the stock tyres is 3500/- per tyre.

Suggestions please !

P.S: my major use would be in City traffic.
Old 6th March 2014, 18:24   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures, Amarendranath. I have changed the alloys to 7 spoke gun metal ones by paying additional 20k. The car is in the showroom and would be delivered by 6:00 pm IST. Will post the pictures shortly !

The stock tyres I got are Michelin XM1 Energy. Should I upgrade it to Michelin 195/60/R15 Primacy or continue with the same size? The exchange price I am getting on the stock tyres is 3500/- per tyre.

Suggestions please !

3,500/- per tyre is a great price, I got only 3,000 per tyre maybe because I had MRF ZVTV as stock tyres . The general recommendation is to keep the tyres if you get Michelins as they are good and again you are saying major use is city driving so I guess a tyre change is optional in your case...
Old 6th March 2014, 18:36   #1087
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions please !

I feel Tyre upgrade is not necessary Michelin XM1 is more than enough for city use.
Old 6th March 2014, 19:25   #1088
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions please !

The Michelin XM1 are pretty good and you might as well retain them. Hyderabad roads are also pretty good (comparing to Bangalore ) so the stock Michelin tyres will work well.

I've booked CVT Petrol and will be mostly having city driving with occasional highway driving (maybe once in 3-4 months) as well. But considering Bangalore roads and tyres being a decent long term investment, I plan to upgrade them to 195/60 immediately to get best buy back value for stock tyres and the benefits of the wider rubber along with improved ground clearance. It'll be about 12-15K of investment to get the Michelin 195/60 tyres

Last edited by neel911 : 6th March 2014 at 19:26.
Old 6th March 2014, 20:47   #1089
BHPian

Can somebody help me out?

I am about to get the delivery of my Honda City within the next 3-4 weeks. With regards to change of Tyres from 175/65 R15 to 195/60 R15 Michelin XM2, can somebody suggest a good recommended dealer in Thane / Mulund Area who will offer a good buy back of the 175/65 R15s in exchange of Michelin XM2.

Also, I may opt for another alloy wheel design if it fits in my budget. I would like to know a good recommended dealer in Thane / Mulund.
Old 6th March 2014, 21:19   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post

I am about to get the delivery of my Honda City within the next 3-4 weeks. With regards to change of Tyres from 175/65 R15 to 195/60 R15 Michelin XM2, can somebody suggest a good recommended dealer in Thane / Mulund Area who will offer a good buy back of the 175/65 R15s in exchange of Michelin XM2.

Also, I may opt for another alloy wheel design if it fits in my budget. I would like to know a good recommended dealer in Thane / Mulund.
I did the same move to XM2 and very happy with choice. The mileage does not seem to have dipped at all due to the larger tyre and the high speed grip etc. all has been great...Premji's Tyre Plus seems to have good feedback in the area you are looking for. In any case I would recommend you to get some 2-3 quotes by discussing with multiple places so that you can confidently negotiate.

Here is another one which seems to be rated well: URL

Some people offer very less buyback price in which case we may need to drop and search other places where the deal is decent...In Bangalore my first choice was Tyre Professionals (Branch of Madhus) but they offered such a bad deal in terms of buy back that I just went to A1 Car Care and I must say they did a great job...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 6th March 2014 at 21:37.
Old 7th March 2014, 00:01   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
I feel Tyre upgrade is not necessary Michelin XM1 is more than enough for city use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
The Michelin XM1 are pretty good and you might as well retain them. Hyderabad roads are also pretty good (comparing to Bangalore ) so the stock Michelin tyres will work well.
Just got the white beauty home!!

Upgrading tyre to 195/60/R15 tomorrow morning. the rear spoiler is in body shop for painting and would be ready by saturday (thanks to adhoc rains)
Attaching few snaps of my white beauty!
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140306_181548.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140306_181527.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140306_181511.jpg
feroz_009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 09:10   #1092
BHPian

Quote:

Upgrading tyre to 195/60/R15 tomorrow morning. the rear spoiler is in body shop for painting and would be ready by saturday (thanks to adhoc rains)
Attachment 1216250

Attachment 1216251

Attachment 1216252
Congratulations on getting the beauty and wishing you many miles of happiness with the car. Looking forward for the ownership report.

The car looks fantabulous in white. Do share more pictures before/after the spoiler. I have booked White SV CVT and am also contemplating to have spoiler installed. It however really looks elegant as it is so in two minds whether to get spoiler installed. I'm not sure if the spoiler would have looked better had it come with red LED lights.

Last edited by neel911 : 7th March 2014 at 09:11.
Old 7th March 2014, 10:53   #1093
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions please !

Congratulations on your new car. The rims you have chosen look really great. Anyday better than stock rims honda is providing.
The buyback of Rs. 3500 on michelin tyres is bit less. I was quoted:
Rs. 3100 for MRF
Rs. 3800 for Bridgestone
Rs. 4400 for Michelin

My car is yet to arrive, but I have bought Continental CPC2 in 205/55-R15. I was getting a good deal on them.

I have one question for you. Do you know what is the width of the rims you have upgraded, 5j, 5.5j or 6j?
It would be written on the inside of the rim.
195 section tyre would warrant a minimum of 5.5J.
Old 7th March 2014, 11:01   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post

Can somebody suggest a good recommended dealer in Thane / Mulund Area who will offer a good buy back of the 175/65 R15s in exchange of Michelin XM2.
A few BHP-ians have posted about Premji and he's a good choice for Mulund guys. I recently used Saifee Tyres (Santacruz) to change the tyres and I wholeheartedly recommend him if you are willing to make the commute.

Talk to Premji and Saifee, see what they both offer as buyback and take a call.

Quote:

Upgrading tyre to 195/60/R15 tomorrow morning.
Congrats, she (he?) looks lovely! And those alloys are much, much nicer than the stock ones!

Good decision to upgrade the tyres. The stock ones really are so damn thin, they're anorexic! The upsize will transform your ride quality, so it's a good call if you ask me. No better time to do it than when a car is new.
Old 7th March 2014, 11:30   #1095
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1216250

Attachment 1216251

Attachment 1216252
I was paying attention to the fender wells for rear side tyres and the finish does not look right atleast on the pictures. Is it sprayed with some white colour? I wish they would have at least painted it proper black. Maintaining fender walls will be a hassle else. I think I need to get the Mother's Fender Well brush then to keep it clean.

Most Viewed