Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 17:43   #1741
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Update on Extended Warranty/Road Side Assistance Documents

After repeated failed attempts with SA, spoke to the SA's Boss at Dakshin Honda and said I am yet to receive these documents. He apologized profusely and said he will look into it. Then the SA called and says the documents are on his table and the courier would pick it up today. He also asked me to verify the delivery address and confirmed that it will reach me positively tomorrow.

BTW, the last time i spoke directly to the SA he lied that its already been couriered. Coming from an earlier Hyundai background, the Honda After Sales/Customer Service is in Stone Age still and we need to consistently use carrot and stick approach with them to get results!
Old 24th April 2014, 19:37   #1742
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2014 City has created a new booking record for Honda in Malaysia by garnering 10,000 bookings within a month of it's launch over there, IAB reports.

Malaysians gets a whole bunch of extra stuff over us - five year/unlimited mileage warranty, seven-inch touchscreen music system, VSC, side airbags + curtain airbags and 16-inch wheels.

And this superbly appealing shade (check out those alloys):

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-2014hondacityatbangkokmotorshowfrontquarter.jpg

More details - http://indianautosblog.com/2014/04/h...ookings-128725

Last edited by RavenAvi : 24th April 2014 at 19:46.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 11:04   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Sorry for replying little late, was quite busy with office work.

I met the service manager and came to know that this issue is growing and many owners are reporting the same. He in fact, even told me that it has already been reported to Honda R&D team, as they are not sure of the real culprit (Bearing or any misalignment).

since they have already placed an order for the bearing , they would be replacing it in my car this week. The present status of the order is intransit. I hope the issue would be resolved by replacement.

Neel, what I suggest is to get this issue thoroughly checked. If needed, get the bearing replaced. Since this is not an intermittent issue and might come back any time.
As I reported earlier, this ringing sound from the engine bay has been fixed during the first service. I was told that the drive belt had to be adjusted to stop this ringing sound. Nowadays, I do not get this noise from engine bay.
Old 25th April 2014, 12:01   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_charles View Post
As I reported earlier, this ringing sound from the engine bay has been fixed during the first service. I was told that the drive belt had to be adjusted to stop this ringing sound. Nowadays, I do not get this noise from engine bay.
Charles, happy to know that it has been resolved in your car.

Now, I am confused further! Why are these guys blaming the bearing? Everything should be clear today as I am getting my car back in the evening.

Will keep Posted.
Old 25th April 2014, 16:20   #1745

My sincere thanks to all the fellow BHP’ans for sharing your experiences & feedback on the New Honda City.
After a lot of primary & secondary research & my own assessment of various cars, I have zeroed in on the ANHC as my next car.
I would like to reach out to you people seeking your suggestion on 2 primary issues that are running in my mind for quite some time now.
1) Considering my current usage of around 500Kms per month & projected to touch a max of 800Kms in the future (considering my new penchant for long drives)- Which fuel type would be the best choice for me.
I love the petrol city for its silky smoothness but I’m tempted by the higher fuel efficiency of the City Diesel.
I’m skeptical about the long term pricing/tax structure of Diesel fuel and Diesel powered cars. Could anyone please help me clarify the best fuel choice for my usage. (I have done my math & petrol comes as the most optimum choice purely based on arithmetic calculations)

2) Which is the best variant for a budget of Rs.9L (ex showroom).
Frankly SV variant of the ANHC has all the features that I need. V & VX have a few bells & Whistles that are not really a must have but, good to have features (specially the Alloys, Rear parking camera & Chrome tinge all over).
I have made a booking for the V MT Petrol variant yesterday with Magnum Honda & have been told to wait patiently for the next 4 months to hear from the Dealership on the delivery dates! (thankfully, I have an option to change my variant any time before the delivery of the car)
Incidentally, I have sold my current car (Swift Vxi, 2008 model that I had used for Just 23K kms in 5.5 years, very honestly I had taken care of that car like my own baby!)
It would be difficult for me to manage without a car for 4 months, hence I was thinking of opting for the SV variant (which is readily available, the dealer is hard selling this variant) & getting the aftermarket Alloy’s & Rear Parking camera at least. Not sure, if the Chrome Finishing on handles & the interior can also be done in the aftermarket.
Kindly suggest, if I should Settle for SV or wait for V. It would also be a great help if I can be guided to some good & reliable aftermarket shops in Bangalore, in case I settle for SV.

Many Thanks!
Karthik
Old 25th April 2014, 16:38   #1746
Senior - BHPian

Mugen pack announced for 2014 City in Philippines

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-2014hondacitymugenedition.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-2014hondacitymugeneditionrearquarter.jpg

Source: Mugen Pack
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 17:53   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_charles View Post
How many days from the service ? When i had taken the car for checking the noise they had lubricated and adjusted the belt the noise vanished for 4-5 days and then returned. Also the noise only comes after driving 10-15 kilometers. Did you check it after that ?
Old 25th April 2014, 19:37   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
How many days from the service ? When i had taken the car for checking the noise they had lubricated and adjusted the belt the noise vanished for 4-5 days and then returned. Also the noise only comes after driving 10-15 kilometers. Did you check it after that ?
The actual culprit is Idler Bearing. Fixing (adjusting) the belt is a work around. They have changed the bearing in my car. Would go for a long test drive to check if the issue persists. I shall Report any similar issues.

The other Issue of knocking sound might be from the transmission (as suspected by head technician). They have asked me leave the car for couple of days for diagnose but i refused to do so as I have to travel tomorrow morning. This is so bad on Honda's Part

The reason to buy Honda was to have a trouble free ownership. But it looks to be quiet opposite. I am feeling like a laboratory rat as all the issues are cropping up in my car which the R&D team of Honda would fix for the next phase of deliveries.
Old 25th April 2014, 19:47   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkarthik106 View Post
My sincere thanks to all the fellow BHP’ans for sharing your experiences & feedback on the New Honda City.
1) Considering my current usage of around 500Kms per month & projected to touch a max of 800Kms in the future (considering my new penchant for long drives)- Which fuel type would be the best choice for me.
I love the petrol city for its silky smoothness but I’m tempted by the higher fuel efficiency of the City Diesel.
I’m skeptical about the long term pricing/tax structure of Diesel fuel and Diesel powered cars. Could anyone please help me clarify the best fuel choice for my usage. (I have done my math & petrol comes as the most optimum choice purely based on arithmetic calculations)

It would be difficult for me to manage without a car for 4 months, hence I was thinking of opting for the SV variant (which is readily available, the dealer is hard selling this variant) & getting the aftermarket Alloy’s & Rear Parking camera at least. Not sure, if the Chrome Finishing on handles & the interior can also be done in the aftermarket.
Kindly suggest, if I should Settle for SV or wait for V. It would also be a great help if I can be guided to some good & reliable aftermarket shops in Bangalore, in case I settle for SV.

Many Thanks!
Karthik
Your running doesn't demand a diesel engine. Plus petrol is more fun to drive so I will suggest go for petrol.

4 months is a very long time to manage without a car. Go for SV and you can add alloys, reverse camera etc aftermarket or from dealer itself so not a big loss in terms of features.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 21:36   #1750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

2) Which is the best variant for a budget of Rs.9L (ex showroom).
Frankly SV variant of the ANHC has all the features that I need. V & VX have a few bells & Whistles that are not really a must have but, good to have features (specially the Alloys, Rear parking camera & Chrome tinge all over).
Think petrol. Your running does not warrant diesel power.

As for variant, I will strongly recommend V or VX. For one feature only - reversing camera. Rear visibility is absolutely pathetic and the side rear view mirrors are a size too small. The car is very difficult to park or reverse without the reversing camera. Once you use it, you cannot do without it.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 21:57   #1751
BHPian

Quote:

Many Thanks!
Karthik
V is definitely a really good package. I have bought SV CVT and really wish they would have released a V CVT variant. VX was too expensive in Bangalore after Road Tax.

Few things that may help you decide between SV and V. I'll point out things missing in SV (the ones important to me and alternatives). Hope it helps. Please note few things may be subjective
- Alloy Wheels: Here, honestly I'm not a fan of the alloys Honda is giving. After market ones you'll get better designs based on your taste
- Reverse Camera: Again, I'm not too fond of Reverse camera. I've installed reverse sensors and they doa fantastic job while parking. I prefer beeps over just looking at camera which does not give any sound alert. A combination of both would be best
- Fog Lamps: I do not miss this and the car looks nice without them as well
- 5" Audio Unit: This is really nice and I def. miss it. Not that 3.5" looks bad...that also blends well but the bigger one def. looks better
- Speakers: The speakers in SV are pathetic. From what I've heard from forum, the V variant comes with better speakers and also 4 tweeters. Though the speakers in SV variant can be changed, but adds to cost
- Front Map Lights: Again, I really miss these. SV has only one light in center and is not that bright. The front part is very dark in nights incase you need to find anything/look up some documents.
- Chrome Door Handles: I really do not miss it. There is already lot of chrome (The front grill)
- Folding ORVM: Again a very good add on specially in city like Bangalore where at times you need to park/pass through tight spots.
- ORVM Indicator: Again a useful feature in city like Bangalore.
- Bluetooth Mic: Bluetooth Mic for SV is placed next to 3.5" screen which is not optimum. for V however, it is placed next to front map lights which is more optimum position for clear voice.

Its actually a trade off and some might feel that the SV is a good package where you'll get to customize more and save money on the ones that are not important. However, there are few where modifying in SV may not be possible (Honda genuine)

The money saved for me went into wider tyres, art leather seats, accessories (reverse parking sensor, scuff plates, nomad mats), better alloys and speakers that is on the cards.

Last edited by neel911 : 25th April 2014 at 22:03.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 22:03   #1752
BHPian

Guys, The issue still persists... and this is really pis**ng me off. Even after leaving the car for more than a day at service center and changing the bearing, the sound still comes from the engine. Even with windows closed I can hear the sound. Now, I think I did a mistake by choosing Honda
Guess what, the other issue of clicking/knocking sound is from the TRANSMISSION... and they want me to leave the car for couple of days to fix it. ***!!! is happening. Only God can help me now.

I totally lost the trust on the technicians at Pride Honda. I am planning to write an email to CEO/MD of Pride Honda and also escalate this with Honda.

Never thought that I would be going through all these after buying a HONDA!
feroz_009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 22:20   #1753

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
V is definitely a really good package. I have bought SV CVT and really wish they would have released a V CVT variant. VX was too expensive in Bangalore after Road Tax
===========
The money saved for me went into wider tyres, art leather seats, accessories (reverse parking sensor, scuff plates, nomad mats), better alloys and speakers that is on the cards.
Thanks a lot for your inputs Neel!

Could you please let me know the approx budget that I need to reserve for the Alloys, Rear parking camera, chrome door handles. I was also planing to get 3M paint protection done.

I'm also keen to upgrade to wider tyres, will it affect the mileage in any way( I'm aware that wider the tyres, better is the road grip, manoeuveribility and handling).

Does someone buy back the OE fitted steel wheels and tyres?

Thanks,
Karthik
Old 25th April 2014, 22:35   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Guys, The issue still persists... and this is really pis**ng me off. Even after leaving the car for more than a day at service center and changing the bearing, the sound still comes from the engine. Even with windows closed I can hear the sound. Now, I think I did a mistake by choosing Honda
Guess what, the other issue of clicking/knocking sound is from the TRANSMISSION... and they want me to leave the car for couple of days to fix it. ***!!! is happening. Only God can help me now.

I totally lost the trust on the technicians at Pride Honda. I am planning to write an email to CEO/MD of Pride Honda and also escalate this with Honda.

Never thought that I would be going through all these after buying a HONDA!
This is really sad. I guess the quality guys indeed went for vacation. For me, I'm not able to get the grinding sound now. I'm still keeping a close watch. Just clocked 1000km and 1 month and will be giving for service next week.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your inputs Neel!

Could you please let me know the approx budget that I need to reserve for the Alloys, Rear parking camera, chrome door handles. I was also planing to get 3M paint protection done.

I'm also keen to upgrade to wider tyres, will it affect the mileage in any way( I'm aware that wider the tyres, better is the road grip, manoeuveribility and handling).

Does someone buy back the OE fitted steel wheels and tyres?

Thanks,
Karthik
- Alloys: About 25-30K for a set of 5 alloys (do get 5 alloys)
- Rear Parking camera: I didn't get one and don't see a need for one
- Rear Parking Sensor Honda Genuine: Rs 6.5K. These are good enough ..go for it if you go SV route. Camera can be installed later if you still need.
- Chrome Door Handles: Not sure here as I didn't go this way. I find the body colored handles pretty good and elegant as well. Honda does not have any genuine accessory for this
- 3M Protection: This would be around 6K I believe. I went for cquartz treatment which is a high end paint protection from Ultimate Detailerz
More details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3403280
- Tyres: I would def. recommend to go for 195/60R15 Michelin XM2 or P3ST. If you plan to change, do so immediately to get good buy back value of stock tyres. Mileage wise there should be no/marginal effect so don't worry about that.
Old 25th April 2014, 23:49   #1755
BHPian

This is indeed gem of a review by GTO, polished over and over to an enviable brilliance through inputs from several fellow BHPians. I have been impressed by this thread to such an extend that I booked a TW colour diesel VMT at Vision Honda, Kottayam during mid March. They did not mention the delivery date clearly, but indicated a gestation of around 6 months.

It was then that adarsh's post appeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Prospective Honda Owners in Trivandrum can contact the new Perfect Honda dealership. They have offered me to deliver the VX CVT in 2 months time. No freebies or discounts.
and I did a second booking at Trivandrum. They have assured me a delivery in 3 months

Tons of thanks to GTO and all the contributors here and specially adarsh76.

Most Viewed