Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 11:41   #1831
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Just found this image on a thai forum and i think the BMW imitation taillights look smashing. I wonder if they have been imported into India as yet. I saw loads of imitation taillights and headlamps with LEDs on a recent visit to Lajpat Nagar at this one store.

Im really tempted to get these lights but I'm very worried about being labelled as a wannabe loser who is pretending that his City is a Beemer.

Source: www.hondacityclub.com
Change the Honda logo to a BMW's, strip all other nomenclature and no one will know
Old 7th May 2014, 11:48   #1832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
I had TD again today on some of the broken roads of North Bangalore. I wanted to test it one final time before giving full payment. TD vehicle was VX diesel with 6900 approx Km on odo.
As expected and experienced earlier, car passed the GC test with 4 person on board. However, the ride quality was not good. Tyre upgrade is must to get some comfort on such broken and uneven roads having multiple unscientific speed breakers. Vehicle needs to get slower in order to minimize slip discs.
There was a strange squeaking sound coming from both the front suspension every time car hit the bad patch. SE was explaining since it is a TD vehicle and the standard story. It was not convincing for a vehicle just under 7K km on odo. Is the Honda's bench mark reliability is in danger?

Need expert opinion and owners experience please.
I have done about 4,200 kms on my i-DTEC so far and heading for Second Service tomorrow. Have not faced any such squeaking issues thus far and the car regularly does the unscientific speed breakers of Bangalore. The ride is stiff as you have called out but the car seems to be quite steady.
Old 7th May 2014, 14:00   #1833
AMJ

Hi, can anyone help suggest on 3D mats for the ANHC. A call made to a couple of dealers in Mumbai made me unsure if its available.

Also can anyone please suggest what options they went for.

The essential kit which included mats etc has been removed as an option from the pricelist.

Also has anyone upgraded to 195/60R15 on the stock alloys in V/VX.? Do they fit or the stock alloys are best for 175's only?
Old 7th May 2014, 15:53   #1834

For all you people who are looking to compare the two rival sedans in the C-segment, here are some interesting comparison points from Honda's analysis for its customers.

I managed to get hold of this 16 page Desk Calendar kind of a Comparison brochure of the NHC 2014 vs. Hyundai Verna, which was strictly designed for internal use.

Cheers,
Ranjit.

Last edited by manson : 7th May 2014 at 18:12. Reason: Deleted links to the pictures as it is imperative for you to upload them on the forum server.
Old 7th May 2014, 19:25   #1835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ View Post
Hi, can anyone help suggest on 3D mats for the ANHC. A call made to a couple of dealers in Mumbai made me unsure if its available.

Also can anyone please suggest what options they went for.

The essential kit which included mats etc has been removed as an option from the pricelist.

Also has anyone upgraded to 195/60R15 on the stock alloys in V/VX.? Do they fit or the stock alloys are best for 175's only?
Yes, many people have upgraded the tyres. The best thread to visit for more details on this topic is here: URL

You can go for the 195/60R15 Tyres on the stock rim and I have done the same. The stock rim is 15 x 5.5J and meets the requirements for the tyre size of 195/60R15.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 20:05   #1836
BHPian

Just back from a Chennai - Munnar - Thekkady - Chennai drive ( i-VTEC). Total distance covered is 1400KM with four people on board and boot full of luggage.
Overall I am very much happy with the car performance.
My comments below, I have done close to 250 KM in and around Munnar, did not have any ground clearance issue with this car whilst driving uphill, broken and uneven roads. Last time I experienced GC issue with the Polo to roll around these places.
I have received a Mileage of 15.1 in the hills. In the Highway, it went up to 17.6 then settled with 16.9 . The driving speed was between 90 -110 KM/hr .
Very much happy with the cruise control feature, I managed to cover 250 kms with this option with the speed set to 90 KM.
Highway drive was flat; absolutely no body rolling even while negotiating curves in the Ghat section.
I felt very comfortable when I accelerated the car up to 130km/h and didn’t find anything different with the steering response unlike the Verna.
Car responded very well in ghat sections with the AC running. Couple of times I had to switch it to first gear to pass thru steeper areas.
Felt the suspension a bit rigid at low speed especially on the non tarmac roads but not a serious issue.
The only concern I have is the limited capacity of the petrol tank. It is hard to find a petrol bunk in these remote areas. We need to travel close to 20 - 30 kms in the hills to find a gas station especially in Western Ghat areas. Looks like it will be a risk running the car on ¼ tank of fuel as it will contain only 10 liters. What it if we get into road blocks or get diverted into remote areas? So, please do a full tank whenever you get to see a good outlet in the highway or you will be forced to choose one.

Last edited by Sanoop.Patteri : 7th May 2014 at 20:08.
Sanoop.Patteri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 20:17   #1837

Does anyone know the PCD (pitch circle diameter) count, i.e. number of wheel nuts available in Honda City 2014 non-alloy wheels? I am looking for a 3rd party alloy option and the vendor is asking for this count. I believe 4 to 8 nuts are common.

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th May 2014, 21:12   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri View Post
The only concern I have is the limited capacity of the petrol tank. It is hard to find a petrol bunk in these remote areas. We need to travel close to 20 - 30 kms in the hills to find a gas station especially in Western Ghat areas. Looks like it will be a risk running the car on ¼ tank of fuel as it will contain only 10 liters.
Once the 'Low Fuel' lights blinks, how many litres petrol is available? Is it 5 litres? The MID shows me around 25kms left on my CVT once the light blinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek82 View Post
Does anyone know the PCD (pitch circle diameter) count, i.e. number of wheel nuts available in Honda City 2014 non-alloy wheels? I am looking for a 3rd party alloy option and the vendor is asking for this count. I believe 4 to 8 nuts are common.

Thanks in advance.
I have SV CVT and it came with 4 nuts. All Honda city variants comes in 4 nut option only. The Civic used to have 5 nut option. I hope I got your question right
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 21:45   #1839

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Once the 'Low Fuel' lights blinks, how many litres petrol is available? Is it 5 litres? The MID shows me around 25kms left on my CVT once the light blinks.

I have SV CVT and it came with 4 nuts. All Honda city variants comes in 4 nut option only. The Civic used to have 5 nut option. I hope I got your question right

Thanks a lot Neel. This is precisely what I was looking for.
Old 7th May 2014, 21:57   #1840
AMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Yes, many people have upgraded the tyres. The best thread to visit for more details on this topic is here: URL

You can go for the 195/60R15 Tyres on the stock rim and I have done the same. The stock rim is 15 x 5.5J and meets the requirements for the tyre size of 195/60R15.
Thank you vsrivatsa the link is useful and have also posted a query there.

Can anyone also suggest on 3D mats if available for ANHC or any other mats. I am not too keen for 3M as not sure about their looks.
Old 7th May 2014, 22:25   #1841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Reserve = 2.7 liters, Main = 37.3 liters.

In comparison, 3rd gen City's Main = 34.1 liters, Reserve = 7.9 liters.
Old 7th May 2014, 22:29   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek82 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Its 100PCD, 4 Hole.
Very common setup hence loads of options design/brand wise.
Old 7th May 2014, 22:48   #1843

Thx Neel and SumitBahl. This is precisely what I was looking for.

Any pointers for alloy wheel vendors in Bengaluru would be much appreciated. I checked out Sai Iyengar in Indiranagar - fairly limited options with him. Sprocket in Koramangla has closed down. Also visited Reliance Auto Zone in Bellandur - looked as if nobody was interested in selling.

Currently, I am in discussion with Richi's Zig Wheels (Preetham), a brand new outlet on Outer Ring Road, just after the Volkswagen dealership (towards Marathahalli). In case anyone has had a prior experience with this shop, would like to hear their inputs here.
Old 7th May 2014, 23:30   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Reserve = 2.7 liters, Main = 37.3 liters.

In comparison, 3rd gen City's Main = 34.1 liters, Reserve = 7.9 liters.
As per the manual, reserve is 6 liters.
Old 8th May 2014, 00:34   #1845
BHPian

Hi Guys.

Please do not construe the following as trolling. It is just that I feel ALL city owners need to upsize their tyres drastically, for safety reasons alone, though ride and handling will improve too. The city's petrol engine, and its rigid chassis deserve it!

The new 2014 Linea t-jet petrol stops, according to Autocar/WhatCar? test figures, a full 2.5 metres before a 2014 Honda City Petrol, from 80kph to 0. The gap is TOO much. It has 16 inch, 205mm wide tyres.

Regards!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks