Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2014, 10:17   #1966
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

For people interested in knowing more on the 3M Under Chassis Coating, I just put my experience with 3M Car Care Center J P Nagar , Bangalore on my Ownership Report available at the following URL.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 1st June 2014 at 10:18.
Old 1st June 2014, 10:25   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Well, in all probability it appears so. It could also be a problem with the battery leads, fuse etc. Have a check of the battery.
I will check on it. But will this cause the lock and unlock function to disable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Looks like one of the many lights was left on unintentionally and caused the battery to drain out completely.
I am sure no lights were kept on. I did check on the knobs yesterday and everything was in off state.
I opted for extended warranty and RSA. But to my dismay the RSA guys yesterday wasnt able to get any details that I was enrolled for it. Called up my SA and he informed that the system was not updated about my RSA and Extended warranty. He is doing it tomorrow and once it reflects in the system, need to engage the RSA guys.
Old 1st June 2014, 10:39   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I will check on it. But will this cause the lock and unlock function to disable?
Yes, it certainly would, as the power required for operating the motors, relays, solenoid switches etc are drawn from the car battery.
Old 1st June 2014, 12:20   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Good News for prospective City, Amaze, Mobilio Buyers, Honda is going to increase output at Tapukara plant: URL.

Let us hope this speeds up the delivery time for people.
Old 1st June 2014, 16:58   #1970
BHPian

Thanks for that link vsrivatsa, I would presume the benefit of augmented production capacity by HCIL could percolate to their would - be - customers only by the end of this year. So it is still a wait, wait, and wait for me
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 19:19   #1971
BHPian

I fear that mobilio launch is going to hurt the City VX waitlisters. Honda will in all probability focus on mobility One of the dealers quoted that wait period for VX is 6 months. I am really looking for reasons for such a wait period only for VX. SV is about 10 days and V about a month

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st June 2014 at 20:08.
Old 1st June 2014, 20:06   #1972
BHPian

Hello everyone, we booked a Diesel Vx in Mumbai yesterday, Urban Titanium color. Expect to get delivery in 2-3 months max.
OTR price is Rs.12.53 Lakhs
Can I insist for outside insurance, we have an agent in the family? The insurance quote was about Rs.41K zero dep.
Is tyre upgrade a must? I drive on highway about 900kms in a month but really don't want to fiddle with the car. We had a bad experience with outside dealer fitted CNG kit on our SX4 and I don't want to lose warranty or something.
Any must needed accessories?
Old 1st June 2014, 20:40   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Sorry if my post was confusing. I just wanted to reiterate the design flaw. Again, I'll be more than happy to escalate it assuming we have a proper escalation channel for Honda India.
No issues, I guess I was at wits end with the response Honda was giving. Have been have further interesting conversations over the email and here is the latest response from Honda. It is very convoluted response and most of it makes no sense and just shows how much they are trying to evade the problem at hand and trying to shift the blame. Cant blame them - after all its a profit they are chasing. What gets me is the last statement - sharing for "future model reference!..."

'With reference to your concern shared with us regarding reception of microphone while using Hands Free Bluetooth, we would like to inform you that no problem in the audio unit has been observed during various tests and diagnostics carried out in various cars in dealership. The reception of microphone is as per the standard specification of the car and audio unit installed to it.

However we would suggest the following method for improving the call quality as per your requirement (Refer Page no. 302 in owner's manual) :

1. Press the call button (Phone icon) for few seconds.
2. Rotate the knob and select BT setup and then press the knob again
3. Rotate the knob to select the "Call Quality" option and select five different modes as per your requirement in it.

P.N: The volume of speaker can be increased or decreased however the microphone reception remains the same in all MTO (Model, Type, Option) used by your goodself and can not be changed.

For ease of understanding, you may consider your hand-phone microphone which senses your voice which listener hear however its sensitivity or volume for reception to others cannot be changed. As a customer while using the HFT in the car, we suggest to come as nearer as possible to the microphone so as it receives the sound waves properly. Nevertheless the NVH of the car, air noise (if windows are open) and air from the blower can be a barrier to it or in any such device (hand-phone) if the distance is more.

Further to the above and respecting the feedback of all, we are making a note of the same and parallelly sharing with the concerned department for future model references.
'
vista_qjd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 22:17   #1974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
For ease of understanding, you may consider your hand-phone microphone which senses your voice which listener hear however its sensitivity or volume for reception to others cannot be changed. As a customer while using the HFT in the car, we suggest to come as nearer as possible to the microphone so as it receives the sound waves properly. Nevertheless the NVH of the car, air noise (if windows are open) and air from the blower can be a barrier to it or in any such device (hand-phone) if the distance is more.
What a lot of Mumbo-Jumbo to avoid admitting that they have a flawed design and it cannot be fixed easily
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 23:10   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Hello everyone, we booked a Diesel Vx in Mumbai yesterday, Urban Titanium color. Expect to get delivery in 2-3 months max.
OTR price is Rs.12.53 Lakhs
Can I insist for outside insurance, we have an agent in the family? The insurance quote was about Rs.41K zero dep.
Is tyre upgrade a must? I drive on highway about 900kms in a month but really don't want to fiddle with the car. We had a bad experience with outside dealer fitted CNG kit on our SX4 and I don't want to lose warranty or something.
Any must needed accessories?

Well, I'd say it IS a must: the car's braking (and ride-handling) will greatly improve. It is a light car, but its brakes and tyres are still too weak/skinny, IMO. It'll even look better, with a better, more planted stance.

Changing tyres isn't a big deal, there are many who've done it with their new City-s here on TeamBhp.

The thing you'll have to check with your dealer and/or Honda is warranty on steering and suspension. Honda's warranty policies are a bit off when it comes to tyre upgrades.

caveat: I don't own a new City, but have driven it.
Old 2nd June 2014, 00:00   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Pls see this dedicated thread on the tyre upgradation of City.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...e-upgrade.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
It is very convoluted response and most of it makes no sense and just shows how much they are trying to evade the problem at hand and trying to shift the blame. Cant blame them - after all its a profit they are chasing. What gets me is the last statement - sharing for "future model reference!..."
I fail to understand why HCIL is taking their customers for a ride when they have already got a great sales chart on their table. Quoting and teaching their customers, who are a matured lot, from the manual doesn't make any sense. I presume they underestimate their customers, or have they plugged into a permanent denial mode? Either way it doesn't speak well of a reputed company like HCIL.

So now HCIL have gone the Tata way - testing to be completed on cars released on the road!! Will it end with this level of indigenisation? Only time would tell.
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:35   #1977
BHPian

Any updates from people experiencing the ringing/grinding noise from the drive belt on the Petrol City. I had the drive belt replaced under warranty. The noise went away for about 10 days. I had to go aboard for around 16 days. During this time the car was parked in a covered parking. On my returning back the noise is back.

There is no functional performance issue in the car. I mean at the moment the sound is just an irritant does not affect the performance of the car. But it does spoil the "feeling" of a new car especially when you spend a million bucks plus of you hard earned money. I have already been to the dealer 4 times for this issue. I just don't have the time and energy at the moment to chase them on this. I have decided to just live with the sound. In my case at least it is not audible inside.

Last edited by JediKnight : 2nd June 2014 at 14:36.
Old 2nd June 2014, 19:30   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Honda Cars Sales Up 17.8% in May
URL

"Last month the company sold 1,333 units of its small car Brio, 4,752 units of compact sedan Amaze and 7,218 units of the mid-sized sedan City."

City sales still rocking the charts at 7000+ every month!
Old 2nd June 2014, 20:57   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Congratulations, Adarsh! Good to see our tribe of CVT owners grow!!
Quote:
That is great to hear. Expecting you would share your delivery experience and photos in detail.

What are the accessories you went for? If possible pls share the prices too.

Wishing you miles of happy driving ahead.
Thanks outdoorlover and Anil. I just went for an underbody coating from 3M (considering the monsoons), 3D ALP mats (this was only available in Trivandrum) and door side protector.

3M under body (At Dealer) : 3500 (5 year warranty at all Honda showroom and 3M centres in India)
3D ALP mats (Car Shoppe, Trivandrum) : 3000
Door side protector (Car Shoppe, Trivandrum) : 450

Bumper to bumper insurance : Additional 5000

I will post a detailed review after some more driving. As of now, I'm feeling very fresh after the usual daily drive of 30 kms per day (the automatic really suits me) compared to driving the Accent and WagonR. The car is really smooth and I really do not feel a power shortage (probably feeling after coming from Accent & Wagon R), bit on the jerky side in low speeds in rough roads (Accent is slightly better here) but really smooth and steady once acceleration picks up. Still to try the paddle shifters. There was no under body scraping in my usual routes which has some fairly high humps uphill (Technopark, Trivandrum)

The average FE shown in MID is 8.5 kms/l over a distance of 135 kms. The MID also shows that the range left is 330 kms with 3 bars down from Full in the Fuel Indicator. There was an unusual traffic block today (school reopening) and this had made the dip in avg. I guess considering the progress from the date of delivery, the average would have touched 9 to 9.5 today, had the traffic was lesser today.

I will calculate the tank full to near empty method next time since this time, I'd to fuel twice from 2 petrol bunks after taking delivery. 5 litres of petrol was provided by the dealer free in an HP pump. But I didnt fill it full there since I opt for IndianOil where I can use a credit card which gives me 4 points (4 rupees) off for every 150 rupees. I had 2700 points in my account so my first fuel filling was free for my new car

As of now, really enjoying the drive. Was really good to see the water drops in rain over the sunroof today. My child is really enjoying the sunroof view (one of the reasons I took a VX). I have a feeling to go for a long drive very soon.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 2nd June 2014 at 21:18.
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:21   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Pls see this dedicated thread on the tyre upgradation of City.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...e-upgrade.html

I fail to understand why HCIL is taking their customers for a ride when they have already got a great sales chart on their table. Quoting and teaching their customers, who are a matured lot, from the manual doesn't make any sense. I presume they underestimate their customers, or have they plugged into a permanent denial mode? Either way it doesn't speak well of a reputed company like HCIL.

So now HCIL have gone the Tata way - testing to be completed on cars released on the road!! Will it end with this level of indigenisation? Only time would tell.
No it won't go the Tata way definitely. Honda was severely under pressure after the previous generation City did not make up the sales as expected by them due to the huge petrol and diesel price difference that time. And now, they are trying to pump up volumes with Brio, Amaze, City and the soon to be launched Mobilio. Probably Honda does not have enough staff to look at these quality issues plus the huge production ramp up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks