Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:54   #2176
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hey guys, in my new Honda city idtec both the headlamps are misting over from inside when it rains. Is this normal or should i ask for replacement?
Not normal at all buddy. The sealing process that is used during the manufacturing has not been done properly to prevent condensation etc. Just go to the ASC and get the replacement ASAP.

Anurag.
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:58   #2177
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hey guys, in my new Honda city idtec both the headlamps are misting over from inside when it rains. Is this normal or should i ask for replacement?
Same thing happened with me during the delivery process of my Empress. I noticed quite a bit of misting/fogging inside the right (driver-side) headlamp when Empress's headlamps were on after her wash, during the delivery process. I promptly called up the dealership's workshop manager and showed it to him, and they replaced the headlamp assembly with a new one. He said they would ask for a replacement from the company.

Check the part in Bold in my post here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3399929

Now, Empress has a newer RHS headlamp and a slightly-older LHS headlamp. Difference can be seen here-

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140406_100219.gif
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:34   #2178
BHPian

Ok not sure if this has been mentioned before but nevertheless a cool trick - For the City's with Automatic AC's slide your finger from the Red arrow(arrow for raising the temperature) downwards towards the Blue arrow(arrow for reducing the temperature) in one quick action and the temperature would be set to "Lo" and doing it vice versa would set it to "Hi".
malgudi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:49   #2179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Ok not sure if this has been mentioned before but nevertheless a cool trick - For the City's with Automatic AC's slide your finger from the Red arrow(arrow for raising the temperature) downwards towards the Blue arrow(arrow for reducing the temperature) in one quick action and the temperature would be set to "Lo" and doing it vice versa would set it to "Hi".
I guess you mean to do the 'Pinch and Zoom' type movement?! (The same way we zoom into pictures on our mobile screens).

Anurag.
Old 4th July 2014, 13:56   #2180
BHPian

no not like pinch and zoom type. For increasing temperature you press the red arrow mark with a finger. Now instead of lifting the finger just slide it down till it touches the blue arrow mark (which you would have pressed for reducing the temperature).
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-newhondacity10.jpg

Last edited by malgudi : 4th July 2014 at 14:00.
malgudi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 14:48   #2181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no not like pinch and zoom type. For increasing temperature you press the red arrow mark with a finger. Now instead of lifting the finger just slide it down till it touches the blue arrow mark (which you would have pressed for reducing the temperature).
That's quite cool if it works.

Forgot to ask. Yesterday when I was in showroom there was a June batch city diesel getting ready for the delivery. I asked the SA to fire up the engine just to check the noise level inside. Music system was off and still there was very less engine noise inside. It was quite different from the TD car. Has Honda done something to reduce engine noise in new batches. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by harry10 : 4th July 2014 at 14:49.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:43   #2182
BHPian

The engine was always quite refined at idle or below 2000 rpm.
You have to rev the engine to check NVH.
Old 4th July 2014, 18:54   #2183
BHPian

Guess Honda Citys are selling like Alcohol in Kerala on Oct. 1... After a 4 month waiting period, I get my car's details. And guess what, Manufacturing Date of June 2014 on a July delivery car!

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-chassis-no-check.jpg
Old 4th July 2014, 19:39   #2184
BHPian

Thats some good news from Harry. I would request recent owners like harpreet to comment on the cars from June that they took delivery recently.Guys please help us know if there is any noticeable noise level reduction in the latest batch.
Also I would request people to comment on the hissing sound from the idler / belt , some of them might have already got these parts replaced and I would request you to post your feedback. Somehow that discussion ended without a proper conclusion.

cheers,
pdma.
Old 4th July 2014, 20:01   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That's quite cool if it works.

Forgot to ask. Yesterday when I was in showroom there was a June batch city diesel getting ready for the delivery. I asked the SA to fire up the engine just to check the noise level inside. Music system was off and still there was very less engine noise inside. It was quite different from the TD car. Has Honda done something to reduce engine noise in new batches. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes , Like i've said a number of times in this thread , the noise levels are dramatically lower than that of the TD car , and in day to day usage the engine noise won't be bothersome at all and it even feels quieter than my Cruze which is noticeably louder at lower RPMs (its 50k Kms old anyways and i don't remember exactly if its been like this since the beginning or not) , this holds true till about 2500-3000 rpm , after that the engine starts sounding bad and feels coarse , there's no point revving beyond 3500 rpm anyways because there is very little progress after that.

Quote:
GTO covered this point in his official review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Party trick: Swipe to max out / minimise blower and temperature settings. Downside? You need to take your eyes off the road to change any setting:

Last edited by Rocketscience : 4th July 2014 at 20:06.
Old 4th July 2014, 21:43   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Guess Honda Citys are selling like Alcohol in Kerala on Oct. 1... After a 4 month waiting period, I get my car's details. And guess what, Manufacturing Date of June 2014 on a July delivery car!

Attachment 1257615
Where do you check this information? I never got any such detail before the delivery of my car.
Old 4th July 2014, 23:00   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post
Where do you check this information? I never got any such detail before the delivery of my car.
The Invoice of the Car has the Chassis no/VIN. The same will be imprinted on your car as well.

You can then just search online for any VIN Decoder Site, enter the code and get the details.
Old 4th July 2014, 23:51   #2188
BHPian

This information can be obtained using your VIN(Vehicle Identification Number). See this post for details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3423960
Vahanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 00:42   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post

You can get any Vin details from here http://www.myvehicledetails.com
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 15:44   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
The Invoice of the Car has the Chassis no/VIN. The same will be imprinted on your car as well.

You can then just search online for any VIN Decoder Site, enter the code and get the details.
Ah thanks. I know about Vin buy didn't know about that website. Thanks. Also I never received any Vin number on booking or full payment. Only got it along with the car so I got a June manufactured CVT (1898 seq number) delivered on June 3rd. It was booked on June 14th so I consider that quick

Most Viewed