Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2014, 17:21   #2191
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post
Ah thanks. I know about Vin buy didn't know about that website. Thanks. Also I never received any Vin number on booking or full payment. Only got it along with the car so I got a June manufactured CVT (1898 seq number) delivered on June 3rd. It was booked on June 14th so I consider that quick
Really sorry - got the delivery on July 3rd. Didn't want to repost but could not edit the previous message.
Old 6th July 2014, 08:01   #2192
BHPian

So went on an expressway today and managed to get empty stretches of road , the car managed to touch pretty high speed without any drama and was still pulling but i ran out of road (okay i got scared a little bit too ) , the car was very stable and handling was good. Highway performance thus , can't be called mediocre at all and the car managed to touch these speeds fairly quickly.

Note : I don't promote driving at such speeds in any ways and the road i tried this on was safe for such speeds , thanks and drive safe.

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th July 2014 at 08:06.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 08:03   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I did another 300 KM round one day trip and got an overall FE of 25 on the MID.

I'm not finding the lower back (lumbar) support adequate enough in the driver's seat in the Honda City. My back starts to feel a bit uncomfortable during long rides.
Feel like placing a small pillow at the lower part of the back rest to support the back.
Although softer seats in the Honda City feels more plush, I would have preferred a bit more stiffer seats with better lower back support.

My Palio's driver seat has excellent lower back support and stiffer seats which are more comfortable for long drives and I didn't face any back ache issues even after driving for 10+hours.
Fully Agree. Even I did a 250kms yesterday and by the end of it, my lower back was awefully in pain. I plan to put a Amron back rest (as I used to do with my Swift).
Even for me MID showed a 25kmpl. Really happy. Finally the car touches 500 kms on the odo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Has anyone gone for a Horn change till now? The OEM horn is downright pathetic and even a cycle won't move.

Need suggestions which horn will suit best without tampering with warranty. I live in NCR so a loud horn is an important necessity.
Even I also require a Horn change. Does changing the Horn void the warranty ?
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 08:47   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Thats some good news from Harry. I would request recent owners like harpreet to comment on the cars from June that they took delivery recently.Guys please help us know if there is any noticeable noise level reduction in the latest batch.
Also I would request people to comment on the hissing sound from the idler / belt , some of them might have already got these parts replaced and I would request you to post your feedback. Somehow that discussion ended without a proper conclusion.

cheers,
pdma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That's quite cool if it works.

Forgot to ask. Yesterday when I was in showroom there was a June batch city diesel getting ready for the delivery. I asked the SA to fire up the engine just to check the noise level inside. Music system was off and still there was very less engine noise inside. It was quite different from the TD car. Has Honda done something to reduce engine noise in new batches. Can anyone confirm this?
Hello Mates

Well the NVH level has been considerably improved. Even when are outside the car after you start the car, the level of noise has been considerably improved. It matches the NVH levels of Swift DDiS for sure.
But I have a strange observation. When you are on a highway with AC ON and the car is loaded, the in cabin engine is still very prevellant in the lower gears - 1, 2 and 3. I guess as I keep on driving more and more, the smoothness will set in.

Another excellent thing that I found about the engine oil is that it is totally transparent. I just checked the dip stick and was amazed to see a transparent engine oil.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 14:53   #2195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
.... by the end of it, my lower back was awefully in pain. I plan to put a Amron back rest (as I used to do with my Swift).
Even I'll go for Amron, thanks for the suggestion I checked out this product and found two variants 1. Amron backrest for four wheelers and Amron backrest mini. which one is good enough.
Old 6th July 2014, 16:13   #2196

Quote:
Fully Agree...I plan to put a Amron back rest (as I used to do with my Swift)...Even I also require a Horn change. Does changing the Horn void the warranty ?
I have a similar question regarding after market tires for the city as suggested on the thread. Aside from the good handling, safety that it offers are there any other warranty related issues or downsides. I understand that the fuel efficiency may reduce a bit. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 6th July 2014, 18:05   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Even I'll go for Amron, thanks for the suggestion I checked out this product and found two variants 1. Amron backrest for four wheelers and Amron backrest mini. which one is good enough.
Hello dear
I guess mini one will fit better. Even a beige colored version is also available.
Harpreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsa View Post
I have a similar question regarding after market tires for the city as suggested on the thread. Aside from the good handling, safety that it offers are there any other warranty related issues or downsides. I understand that the fuel efficiency may reduce a bit. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Hi Hamsa
Tyres do not void warranty. But to ensure future troubles you can talk to the sales guy who sold off the car to you. He will make you talk to service manager who will give a verbal assurance to always help you when ever there is an issue related to suspension. Then freely upgrade the tyres.
This is what my sales person did for me. Even though I never upgraded to the broader tyres.
Regards
Harpreet

Quote:
Hello Guys
I want to order 3D mats for my Honda City. Does any body have any contacts in Faridabad where I can buy spidex ones at some good discount?
Can somebody in Delhi can provide some contacts of a Delhi dealer who can send me a courier of the mat set? Any suggestions from the gang would be welcome.
Also I would like to get tweeters installed. Has anybody got tweeters installed in their City ? Please help me make a choice.
More details very soon.
Regards
Harpreet
Hello guys
I got one pair tweeters installed to my SV DTEC today. I got them installed to the slots provided in the front door. There was no wire cut and the wires from tweeters were simply plugged to the connector of front speakers. They are Hertz DT 24.3.
The sound quality has improved at least by 30 % and I'm loving it. They costed me INR 2000 with installation.
As far as 3D mats are considered I had no success in Faridabad as the rear ones never fitted neatly. There fore dropped the idea of 3D mats and got the simple carpet mats.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th July 2014 at 19:52. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
Old 6th July 2014, 18:25   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys
I got one pair tweeters installed to my SV DTEC today. I got them installed to the slots provided in the front door. There was no wire cut and the wires from tweeters were simply plugged to the connector of front speakers. They are Hertz DT 24.3.
The sound quality has improved at least by 30 % and I'm loving it. They costed me INR 2000 with installation.
As far as 3D mats are considered I had no success in Faridabad as the rear ones never fitted neatly. There fore dropped the idea of 3D mats and got the simple carpet mats.
Did you get it done from the Honda authorized dealer or after market?
Old 6th July 2014, 18:43   #2199
BHPian

Hi Aditto
It's after market and they do not void any warranty as not a single wire was cut from the OEM installation. The guys are super experienced as we have been getting all stuff installed from them since years without an issue.
Regards
Harpreet
Old 6th July 2014, 21:49   #2200
BHPian

Hi anyone has an idea on the delivery period/ waiting for the petrol V-MT variant. Was told its close to 4 months from a dealer in Gurgaon today..
Old 6th July 2014, 22:46   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishc100 View Post
Hi anyone has an idea on the delivery period/ waiting for the petrol V-MT variant. Was told its close to 4 months from a dealer in Gurgaon today..

Around 18-20 weeks in Mumbai.

I'm seriously contemplating re-booking with a different colour and variant.... slowly diverting towards the SV-CVT after reading the various love stories on the forum.
Old 7th July 2014, 00:00   #2202
BHPian

My wife's new City IDtec
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20140706_175859.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20140706_175940.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20140706_175948.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_20140706_180000.jpg  

dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 01:16   #2203
BHPian

Congrats dockap! I guess this is in Mangalore? For a moment, looking at the long shot, I thought you had taken off the wheel caps off steel rims! Blame it on the contrast between the silver body and the black alloys.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 14:00   #2204
BHPian

Helo Guys

I have a question. I have went through all of the booklet provided by Honda along with the car but failed to find out the page where the gear ratios are mentioned.

Does anybody have any idea as to what the recommended gear ratios for Honda City i-Dtech ?

Regards
Harpreet
Old 7th July 2014, 18:48   #2205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
My wife's new City IDtec
Congrats dockap , the LED DRLs look amazing and i would love to get these , what was the cost involved and what about the wiring? Does this require any cutting of wires ?
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed