Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2014, 12:01   #2566
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hey Guys !

A quick question ! I took delivery of my Honda City Idtec VX MT yesterday. I am trying to play songs from my USB. The songs play fine however, it intermittently stops playing and then resumes.

Anyone facing the same issue ?
Old 12th August 2014, 12:43   #2567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hey Guys !

A quick question ! I took delivery of my Honda City Idtec VX MT yesterday. I am trying to play songs from my USB. The songs play fine however, it intermittently stops playing and then resumes.

I use 16GB one & No Such Issues for me so far. Try using a different pen drive.
Old 12th August 2014, 13:17   #2568
cnu
BHPian

Saw this review where the customer had the hydrostatic locked due to low air suction pipe placement. Is this a design flaw ?

http://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/ci...ews/43290.html

A similar experience with Amaze: http://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/am...ews/34554.html
Old 12th August 2014, 13:18   #2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
You are 100% correct, other than petrol engine & space nothing else is class leading and quality & fit and finish is that of a lower segment. As you mentioned design of exterior is good (esp the rear) but the centre console as someone in forum mentioned it looks like designed by 3 different people.
Engine is the heart of a car, was it not the primary driving force for city sales in the earlier versions which was, even then, way behind its competitors in terms of bells and whistles ? I am referring to the petrol engine here which gives me 17kmpl mileage on the highway when the car has just done 1500kms on the odometer.

Also to quite a few people the space is one of the overriding criteria for rejecting/buying a car esp if its in the 10L+ bracket. For me that was one of the reasons to reject Ecosport and Verna.

Now that honda is at par with others in terms of in-dash goodies, a little compromise on the "plastics" is not a concern for me.
Old 12th August 2014, 13:34   #2570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Saw this review where the customer had the hydrostatic locked due to low air suction pipe placement. Is this a design flaw ?

http://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/ci...ews/43290.html

A similar experience with Amaze: http://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/am...ews/34554.html

There has to be more to this.

Waterlogging is a big issue here in Faridabad. I have driven my iDTEC numerous times in knee deep water. Never had any problem.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 12th August 2014 at 13:35.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:03   #2571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hey Guys !

Has to be an issue with the pen drive. Format it and then use it again. If problem persists try another pen drive.
My 16gb pen drive has worked flawlessly since day one.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 14:36   #2572
BHPian

For me, the bigger pain point in the new City is the Bluetooth calling. I'm repeatedly hearing comments that people cannot hear my voice and that it seems to be coming from far. I decided to try it out by calling someone sitting inside the car, from outside and yes I faced that too!

There also seems to be no way workaround this :(

Not a big problem, but a nagging issue!
Old 12th August 2014, 14:38   #2573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post
For me, the bigger pain point in the new City is the Bluetooth calling. I'm repeatedly hearing comments that people cannot hear my voice and that it seems to be coming from far. I decided to try it out by calling someone sitting inside the car, from outside and yes I faced that too!

Can't see which variant you have. Must be SV as there is no problem in bluetooth voice hearing in V and VX. I am yet to test bluetooth in my car as don't have the need but will do it soon. As reported by many members in SV the mic position is a design flaw.

Last edited by harry10 : 12th August 2014 at 14:41.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:50   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsharma View Post
Engine is the heart of a car, was it not the primary driving force for city sales in the earlier versions which was, even then, way behind its competitors in terms of bells and whistles ? I am referring to the petrol engine here which gives me 17kmpl mileage on the highway when the car has just done 1500kms on the odometer.

Also to quite a few people the space is one of the overriding criteria for rejecting/buying a car esp if its in the 10L+ bracket. For me that was one of the reasons to reject Ecosport and Verna.

Now that honda is at par with others in terms of in-dash goodies, a little compromise on the "plastics" is not a concern for me.
Yes engine is the heart and we are not talking about petrol engine the discussion was on diesel and please note that we are not discussing on an individuals like and dislikes on a car, it was about the overall quality of the car.

Last edited by B747 : 12th August 2014 at 15:00. Reason: more details
Old 12th August 2014, 16:02   #2575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....Bluetooth calling. I'm repeatedly hearing comments that people cannot hear my voice....
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Can't see which variant you have. Must be SV as there is no problem in bluetooth voice hearing in V and VX. I am yet to test bluetooth in my car as don't have the need but will do it soon. As reported by many members in SV the mic position is a design flaw.
Yours could be a one-off problem if you have a V/VX variant where Bluetooth telephony is a factory fitted feature.

I regularly use it to make calls (V variant) and it is crystal clear in terms of speaker output (what I hear) and mic input (what the other side hears). I've got this confirmed by people at the other end.

The most useful feature is the convenience of Muting/Un-Muting yourself during calls just with a push of a button. This helps cut off the traffic noise to the other participants in the call when you are just listening in most of the time, then quickly unmuting when speaking and pressing back to mute.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 12th August 2014 at 16:04.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 22:47   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
There was a water leakage problem on the passenger side. I was afraid it was the rain water seeping in, but it turned out to be a bent AC drain pipe.
It rained heavily last night and I had not driven the car for past couple of days. I took out the car this morning, after driving for about 10 kms I noticed the foot mat was damp. I lifted the mat and the carpet was soaking wet.

Honda service center was nearby, i took the car there to get it checked. After checking they said its the AC drain pipe that's leaking.
I said it cant be, I have driven the car for about 10 kms and the car was parked for past 2 days.
Upon insisting they checked and it turned that the sunroof drain pipe was dislodged. The pipe goes from sunroof channels through A-Pillars and is connected to another pipe below the dashboard which flushes the rain water out.

As someone else pointed out, the so called dead pedal came off on my car as well. They fixed it with feviquick.
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 06:22   #2577
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Yours could be a one-off problem if you have a V/VX variant where Bluetooth telephony is a factory fitted feature.

I regularly use it to make calls (V variant) and it is crystal clear in terms of speaker output (what I hear) and mic input (what the other side hears). I've got this confirmed by people at the other end.

The most useful feature is the convenience of Muting/Un-Muting yourself during calls just with a push of a button. This helps cut off the traffic noise to the other participants in the call when you are just listening in most of the time, then quickly unmuting when speaking and pressing back to mute.
Can you help understand where the mute button is? In the first page of this official review, it was mentioned that the mute button is missing in the City
Old 13th August 2014, 09:43   #2578
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
From signature, it is indeed SV variant. If there is a way to report this to Honda on a mass basis, they may look into this and come with some work around.
Old 13th August 2014, 09:47   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Is there a way to do it? Since there is no specific button for this, how can one achieve it?
Old 13th August 2014, 10:13   #2580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
From signature, it is indeed SV variant. If there is a way to report this to Honda on a mass basis, they may look into this and come with some work around.
I really wonder why Honda didn't check out this issue. A mass appeal to Honda might work out. But if there is a filing done in consumer court for this, it may get delayed but finally you might receive a solution as well as a compensation.

There are many consumer rights rules which we are not aware. I recently read somewhere that if our expensive shirt is damaged while travelling in public transport due to rusted or pointed parts which were not repaired, we are entitled for a compensation if we properly complain. Yes, the process is tedious and we may not have the patience.

Most Viewed