Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 10:19   #2581
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Thanks outdoor...this will be informed again to service. I will make sure that this is rectified.
I checked this issue again with Peninsular Honda, Trivandrum. The right ORVM closes a bit delayed (when I say bit delayed, it's not even 1 second). In fact the sound of closing the ORVM's makes me understand that there is a slight delay.

Peninsular Honda service is saying that this is normal and they checked in other VX variants as well and this delay is observed. I also checked this out and found this is appearing in another VX variant as well. They also told me they will get a confirmation from Honda as well.
adarsh76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 11:25   #2582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
If any one has completed their 10k service kindly post the bill here so we can get a fair idea of the things done.
Thanks.
Here you go 10K service Bill of my City. (It does not have alignment in this bill. I got it done the next day & was charged around 500 Rs for it. Got the tyre balancing done outside)
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_5857.jpg
malgudi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 12:16   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Has to be an issue with the pen drive. Format it and then use it again. If problem persists try another pen drive.
My 16gb pen drive has worked flawlessly since day one.

Hi Harry,

Changed the pen drive and it works like a breeze. Thanks for the information !
Old 13th August 2014, 14:03   #2584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Can you help understand where the mute button is? In the first page of this official review, it was mentioned that the mute button is missing in the City
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitgovil2311 View Post
Is there a way to do it? Since there is no specific button for this, how can one achieve it?
After pairing the phone to the Head unit, if you make a call, the mute option shows up on the screen.

All you need to do is turn the "List/Push/Select" left round knob clockwise to highlight the mute option on the screen (displayed with a checkbox to its left).

Now you can conveniently toggle the mic to mute/unmute by just pushing the button (ie., one push for mute and one push to unmute).

I'll show it in pics after I capture them.
for_cars1 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 14:22   #2585
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but can anyone here please educate me about the quality issues being talked about here.
My close friend is on the verge of buying it and he is not a member.
So, I would like to offer him some advice based on the feedback here.
Will be really helpful.
Old 13th August 2014, 14:52   #2586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but can anyone here please educate me about the quality issues being talked about here.
My close friend is on the verge of buying it and he is not a member.
So, I would like to offer him some advice based on the feedback here.
Will be really helpful.
Mostly it is about the thin sheet metal used in the car and some cost cutting measures like no inside boot lid. By the way, which model your friend is going to buy. I find the SV & V models the best value for money.
Old 13th August 2014, 17:58   #2587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Mostly it is about the thin sheet metal used in the car and some cost cutting measures like no inside boot lid. By the way, which model your friend is going to buy. I find the SV & V models the best value for money.
Thanks, my friend is considering the V variant.
I agree about the boot lid, it looks awful but the thin sheet metal and all is little bit exaggerated I feel.

But whatever you mentioned can't be really called as issues. I would be worried if the car is some mechanical or quality problem like things falling off, rattling etc etc.
Old 13th August 2014, 18:03   #2588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks, my friend is considering the V variant.
I agree about the boot lid, it looks awful but the thin sheet metal and all is little bit exaggerated I feel.

But whatever you mentioned can't be really called as issues. I would be worried if the car is some mechanical or quality problem like things falling off, rattling etc etc.
Ah! Nothing of that sort. Though the sheet metal is a little too thin to my liking. However, no other blatant cost cutting measures and the interior quality is good. The V variant is about 50-55K expensive but the additional features do justice to this increment over the SV.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 22:29   #2589

Planning to upgrade the headlights on my VX. Enquired about the same and found that Osram HID xenon convention kit can be installed in the city. Has anyone tried this or have inputs regarding the same. Spoke with my service advisor and he says I can go ahead if no wires are spliced and the shop manager I spoke with assured me that no wires will be spliced. But, I am not convinced regarding the same though I would love to have the xenons on my city. Please help
Old 14th August 2014, 10:41   #2590
BHPian

A request to all BHPians owning Honda City 2014. A clarification needed. I could not locate the initial running period suggested by (1000 Kms) by many members of Team BHP in the User Manual. I am a sedate driver and will never normally cross 2000 rpm or 80 KMPH. Just wanted to know if I miss that part in the manual.
Old 14th August 2014, 11:04   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihs_dr View Post
Planning to upgrade the headlights on my VX. Enquired about the same and found that Osram HID xenon convention kit can be installed in the city. Has anyone tried this or have inputs regarding the same. Spoke with my service advisor and he says I can go ahead if no wires are spliced and the shop manager I spoke with assured me that no wires will be spliced. But, I am not convinced regarding the same though I would love to have the xenons on my city. Please help
No point in getting HID without projectors, you will blind the oncoming traffic and the spread would be poor as well.
Old 14th August 2014, 11:48   #2592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
A request to all BHPians owning Honda City 2014. A clarification needed. I could not locate the initial running period suggested by (1000 Kms) by many members of Team BHP in the User Manual. I am a sedate driver and will never normally cross 2000 rpm or 80 KMPH. Just wanted to know if I miss that part in the manual.
Its nowhere mentioned in the manual. According to a Sr Service Advisor at Honda, this car doesn't need a run in. But still I followed the procedure till 1.5k KM mark. Since you are not planning to drive it fast, I feel you need not worry.
sumitgovil2311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 12:03   #2593
BHPian

Friends i need your help

When i play songs from USB, the main folders are not visible in the display. Example AR Rahman is a main folder, and in that folder if i have 10 sub folders, its displaying only the 10 subfolder. Not AR Rahman folder

Like AR Rahman, when i have four main folders all the sub folders of the main folders are displayed together.

Is there a way where we can view only the main folders, and then on selecting that we can go to subfolders.

I was able to do this way in my old car with Pioneer HU.
Old 14th August 2014, 12:40   #2594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Initial running period is becoming less & less relevant in modern cars as this process is usually done during production. Modern engines & piston heads are often made of superior materials like aluminium with better manufacturing techniques which requires very few hours of run in period. Some say only 5-6 hrs. So most companies often run their engines in before handing it over to the customers as it can not be expected for every customer to do it properly. Hence it also helps in quality compliance. So it is more of a tradition than a necessity nowadays. However it doesn't harm to drive sedately during the initial 1000 kms so that you get a better understanding of the car and how it handles.
Happy Driving.
CapnCook is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 12:53   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitgovil2311 View Post
Its nowhere mentioned in the manual. According to a Sr Service Advisor at Honda, this car doesn't need a run in. But still I followed the procedure till 1.5k KM mark. Since you are not planning to drive it fast, I feel you need not worry.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes as you said I need not worry .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
Initial running period is becoming less & less relevant in modern cars as this process is usually done during production. Modern engines & piston heads are often made of superior materials like aluminium with better manufacturing techniques which requires very few hours of run in period. Some say only 5-6 hrs. So most companies often run their engines in before handing it over to the customers as it can not be expected for every customer to do it properly. Hence it also helps in quality compliance. So it is more of a tradition than a necessity nowadays. However it doesn't harm to drive sedately during the initial 1000 kms so that you get a better understanding of the car and how it handles.
Happy Driving.
Yes. Anyway initial 1000 - 1500 KMs are needed to fall in groove. I am already mixing up the Turn indication controls with wiper controls as my previous car had them swapped . Thanks for the enlightenment.

Most Viewed