Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2014, 12:08   #2611
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

I just ordered side beading for the doors (body coloured to Carnelian red) on Ebay for 1799. Has anyone ordered these protectors for the new City from outside of Honda showrooms? Do let me know your experience.
Old 17th August 2014, 23:11   #2612
BHPian

Dear fellow BHPians, I have opened a new initial ownership cum mods thread. Your comments are wecome.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ur-family.html
Old 18th August 2014, 14:35   #2613
Senior - BHPian

Felt like highlighting two observations in my car (Diesel)

1. The "glug-glug-glug" diesel engine clatter ends with a faint metallic note when particularly driven at lower speeds when the wind noise is not too high to mask this sound, guess it could be coming from one of the belts or the pre-tensioner bearing. I don't recall hearing this at idle or with the bonnet open.

2. When turning the steering at standstill, I can sometimes hear a faint whirring of an electric motor. This is not always audible.

Have anyone else observed this in the Diesel variant ? Its not that these could be issues.

Did long drives lately and didn't experience any back discomfort unlike the first few times. Proper seat recline angle and seat adjustment worked for me.
The car is a good mile-muncher and its easy to cover long distances quickly and comfortably. Ground clearance (combined with the stiffer suspension) is awesome and welcome for our road conditions.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 18th August 2014 at 14:44.
Old 18th August 2014, 15:05   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Can someone who has purchased the 3D maxpider mats confirm how many pieces we get for the rear carpet? Is it one full unit for the rear or do we have 3 carpets ..one for each side and one for the bump between the seats? Also... Are the edges folded and sealed/glued/stitched ( like the ankle ends of our jeans) or are the edges left open ( in a way that shows the layers of the composite)? I'm asking as I need to know which ones are original v/s which ones are excellent fakes....
There is a single piece for the rear and fits nicely. Feeling confident with these mats to enter with any condition (rain or slush does not play on the mind now). Within 2 stop overs, OE mats became dirty. But this one is really good after multiple stopovers. I can easily ask anyone to get in and check out. The edges are folded and stitched. Good touch.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-front.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-rear.jpg  

Vahanam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 15:49   #2615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
There is a single piece for the rear and fits nicely. Feeling confident with these mats to enter with any condition (rain or slush does not play on the mind now). Within 2 stop overs, OE mats became dirty. But this one is really good after multiple stopovers. I can easily ask anyone to get in and check out. The edges are folded and stitched. Good touch.
Thanks for that! I saw a set of mats which didn't have the folded edge and they were a 5piece set. They were selling for 5750 and everything else looked and felt like the real thing, including the fully meshed Velcro back. I even called up Hot Tracks at VictoriaRd and even they said its a 5piece set. Am utterly confused now as I don't want to spend 6k on duplicates.
Old 18th August 2014, 16:16   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Felt like highlighting two observations in my car (Diesel)

1. The "glug-glug-glug" diesel engine clatter ends with a faint metallic note when particularly driven at lower speeds when the wind noise is not too high to mask this sound, guess it could be coming from one of the belts or the pre-tensioner bearing. I don't recall hearing this at idle or with the bonnet open.

2. When turning the steering at standstill, I can sometimes hear a faint whirring of an electric motor. This is not always audible.
Mine is a petrol but still asking. Is the sound similar to like sharpening a knife at idle?
Old 18th August 2014, 16:27   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Thanks for that! I saw a set of mats which didn't have the folded edge and they were a 5piece set. They were selling for 5750 and everything else looked and felt like the real thing, including the fully meshed Velcro back. I even called up Hot Tracks at VictoriaRd and even they said its a 5piece set. Am utterly confused now as I don't want to spend 6k on duplicates.
I checked with Torque and they vouched that its original. It seems that number of mats ( 5 or 3 ..) varies for different cars(i20, city ..). Can you check with Hot Tracks once again how many pieces for 2014 City? I wanted to get original and did not mind even if i paid a little extra. Go to a trusted shop and buy it.

There is a label behind it in mine which has kagu and 2014 Honda city mentioned and the URL imprinted in the label is 3dmats.com

Last edited by Vahanam : 18th August 2014 at 16:29. Reason: Added Info
Old 18th August 2014, 17:02   #2618
BHPian

Attention to people in Trivandrum owning Honda City

Hi All,

Just want to inform you all that, based on my recent experiences, I strongly suggest all of you to service your vehicle only at Peninsular Honda instead of Perfect Honda.

Though Perfect Honda has a brand new service bay and a better looking showroom than Peninsular Honda, the quality of servicing is inadequate and seems they are really not experienced. I also came to know that they were previously doing dealership and servicing of Tata vehicles.

Two incidents I had faced with so far:

1. Misinformation on one complaint regarding automatic unlocking of my doors during travel. Service persons told me it is a normal behaviour without even having a check. Issue was rectified by Peninsular Honda.

2. Wrong information on claim charges. I was told that the claim charges for my bumper to bumper insurance will be Rs. 2000. However, the actual amount will be only Rs. 1000. The most surprising fact was I verified with more than one person there and everyone was telling Rs. 2000.

I'm not saying that Peninsular Honda does all the work may be 100% perfect but they are definitely showing more experience and responsibility than Perfect Honda.

I have written a complaint to Honda on these incidents and I have got a reply from them as well as shown below. Seems Honda should take care of trainings to new dealerships more seriously.

Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your trailing communication.

We sincerely regret to learn of your feedback.

We are understanding the details of the matter from our dealership. We request you to kindly bear with us till then. In the meanwhile,we are advising our dealership to get in touch with you.

For any further concern/query you may please write back to us or let our Honda One 2 One representative hear from you at 1800-113-121 or 011-39898918.

Assuring you the best of our services at all times.

Parampreet Singh
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd., Greater Noida
Old 18th August 2014, 18:10   #2619
BHPian

For me, the most awaited event of the year happened over this weekend. Took delivery of my Golden Brown IDTEC VXMT . Now awaiting, the next one that of my ownership thread. Coming soon. In the meanwhile, Here's a picture of the beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-side.png  

Vahanam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 22:06   #2620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Mine is a petrol but still asking. Is the sound similar to like sharpening a knife at idle?
I just re-checked at idle with the bonnet open, it is coming from the belt area, more like the sound of insects (high pitched) chirping in the bushes during late nights.
However this sound is faint compared to the overall sound of the diesel clatter, so it is easy for it to go unnoticed.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 18th August 2014 at 22:09.
Old 18th August 2014, 23:40   #2621
BHPian

I did a recent two way trip from Kottayam to Kulasekharam (via Nedumangadu) and 2 days city driving in Trivandrum. Returned with an overall mileage of 20.1 km/l (diesel) which I feel is quite good. Also while in Trivandrum got a roots vibrasonic horn, LED scuff plates and LED footlights installed. Sharing a few photos.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-2.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-3.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-4.jpg  

anilagdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 08:04   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
For me, the most awaited event of the year happened over this weekend. Took delivery of my Golden Brown IDTEC VXMT . Now awaiting, the next one that of my ownership thread. Coming soon. In the meanwhile, Here's a picture of the beauty.
It looks beautiful. Congratulations. I am awaiting your thread...
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 08:09   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with Torque and they vouched that its original. It seems that number of mats ( 5 or 3 ..) varies for different cars(i20, city ..). Can you check with Hot Tracks once again how many pieces for 2014 City? I wanted to get original and did not mind even if i paid a little extra. Go to a trusted shop and buy it.

There is a label behind it in mine which has kagu and 2014 Honda city mentioned and the URL imprinted in the label is 3dmats.com
I think they are original. I also had a look at the website you had posted and it makes Maxpider 3D-foot mats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I did a recent two way trip from Kottayam to Kulasekharam (via Nedumangadu) and 2 days city driving in Trivandrum. Returned with an overall mileage of 20.1 km/l (diesel) which I feel is quite good. Also while in Trivandrum got a roots vibrasonic horn, LED scuff plates and LED footlights installed. Sharing a few photos.
That is a good mileage for the distance covered. Were you sedate (< 80 KMPH) or enjoyed throttling it at times?
Old 19th August 2014, 08:46   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Great to see the pictures. Can u please tell where in Trivandrum u got all the accessories installed and what did it cost you?
Mileage of 20 is good considering the driving conditions of kerala where even highways are as good as city roads! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Hi All,

Just want to inform you all that, based on my recent experiences, I strongly suggest all of you to service your vehicle only at Peninsular Honda instead of Perfect Honda.
Thanks for the piece of information. Though I have booked my city from Perfect honda, would keep this in mind when I go for the servicing. The booking experience has been ok so far except for the probable delay in getting the vehicle due to honda stalling the production for a month.
How was your booking and delivery experience with perfect Honda?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th August 2014 at 09:06. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts
Old 19th August 2014, 09:25   #2625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I saw the 3D mats for the 2014 City listed on Ebay for 6850. You may like to check that out.
The one which is sold in ebay is just mentioned as New Honda City, i remember seeing the 3rd Gen Image which the seller has posted. Just confused whether is for 3rd gen or 4th gen city

had anyone purchased from ebay, please provide the link

Most Viewed