Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 09:34   #2626
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Great to see the pictures. Can u please tell where in Trivandrum u got all the accessories installed and what did it cost you?
Mileage of 20 is good considering the driving conditions of kerala where even highways are as good as city roads! !
Got it done @ CAR PARK, Chenthitta. A bit costly, but they have a good collection of stuff. The scuff plates are of very good quality and costs 2400/-. LED footlights (Samsung) are good too, each side costing 250/-. Horns 3000/- inclusive of wiring harness & fitting. Hope that helps.

And yes, the roads are real crazy in Kerala. So the mileage should be OK I guess.
Old 19th August 2014, 10:00   #2627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Thanks for the piece of information. Though I have booked my city from Perfect honda, would keep this in mind when I go for the servicing. The booking experience has been ok so far except for the probable delay in getting the vehicle due to honda stalling the production for a month.
How was your booking and delivery experience with perfect Honda?
I had initially done the booking at Peninsular, but the wait time quoted for VX CVT was 6 months. Since Perfect was a new dealership and they had one free allocation, I got my car in 1 month time. Bookings were all ok, there was a slight miscalculation from their end on the total price. I got it refunded, but only when I asked for it.

In addition, Peninsular on inspection of my vehicle told me that they have not done completely the pre delivery works on my car. However, based on my feedback things should have improved now. They better should.
Old 19th August 2014, 12:01   #2628
BHPian

Hi Please help me with wallpaper change on the VX CVT display....the manual (Page 218) mentions that it supports individual file size of 2MB but when I try to import the files of around 1.5 MB it flashes a message :"File Size too large"....All the files are in the root folder of the USB stick.
Old 19th August 2014, 13:14   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
That is a good mileage for the distance covered. Were you sedate (< 80 KMPH) or enjoyed throttling it at times?
You are right, the driving was sedate. I didn't race up the engine considering the car to be in the run-in phase. Kept the rpm < 2000, the speed was also <80 kmph.
In Kerala the police and RTO have installed many cameras to book for overspeeding. So the drive will be sedate even after the running-in period.
anilagdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:54   #2630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Returned with an overall mileage of 20.1 km/l (diesel) which I feel is quite good. ...
I've been getting the following mileage figures (Diesel) so far and have attached pics.
The difference between MID display and the tank to tank method is minimal, so the MID mileage indicator is well callibrated.

In all the scenarios measured, the car was loaded including luggage in the boot.

The instantaneous mileage indicator is callibrated upto 40kmpl, when driving at a sedate 70 KMPH, I've seen the average mileage climbing upto 32.8 kmpl (with AC off). I'm sure the FE figure had the potential to climb higher had I maintained this speed and right amount of throttle , but I ran out of patience and increased speed and the average F.E figure dropped post 32.8. I've attached the pic.

To summarize, the mileage reduces proportionately to the increase in speed.
1. It the speed is between 65 to 70 kmph, its easy to get 30+ kmpl (AC off)
2. If you can maintain a speed of 80 kmph, I've got in the range of 25 kmpl average for the entire trip (AC ON throughout)
3. On cruising between 90 to 100, the average FE drops to around 22 kmpl (AC ON throughout)
4. At 110 to 120 kmph, the mileage drops to around 20 kmpl. (AC ON throughout)

Practically, its a test of patience to maintain 80kmph in this car on clear 4/6 laned roads, it seems to settle at 110 comfortably so one can expect to get about 21kmpl for the whole trip.

In the city, the FE hovers between 18 to 20 kmpl, its surprising that it can manage these figures within the City. The drive ratios are pretty good and the zero turbo lag adds to the efficiency.

I haven't reset my Trip-B trip meter from the beginning, its showing an average efficiency of 20.6 kmpl for the 4000+ kms so far.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-mileage_32_8kmpl.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-mileage_29_6.jpg  

Last edited by for_cars1 : 19th August 2014 at 17:11.
for_cars1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 09:11   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
In the city, the FE hovers between 18 to 20 kmpl, its surprising that it can manage these figures within the City. The drive ratios are pretty good and the zero turbo lag adds to the efficiency.
That's really excellent and surprising. But my friend who has got a S Variant diesel is getting an average of 13 - 15 in Trivandrum city during the morning peak time. From 8:15 am to 10 am it's mostly like bumper to bumper in many areas in Trivandrum even on National Highway. Probably that's the reason.
Old 20th August 2014, 09:46   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
That's really excellent and surprising. But my friend who has got a S Variant diesel is getting an average of 13 - 15 in Trivandrum city during the morning peak time. From 8:15 am to 10 am it's mostly like bumper to bumper in many areas in Trivandrum even on National Highway. Probably that's the reason.
In addition, I see you are from Bangalore. The Air Conditioner need not work more to cool there compared to the hotter and humid climate of Kerala. AC load must be more here and hence the difference in mileage. Or do you think this is a car specific issue?
Old 20th August 2014, 09:50   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotil View Post
Hi Please help me with wallpaper change on the VX CVT display....the manual (Page 218) mentions that it supports individual file size of 2MB but when I try to import the files of around 1.5 MB it flashes a message :"File Size too large"....All the files are in the root folder of the USB stick.
Oh I agree with what you're saying! The manual looks like the project report of a 2nd year degree student (no offense, I was one too!) - done sitting up the night before submission, in a big hurry, no cohesiveness, picked from the report of a previous student (like how Honda has simply used the manual of the prev gen City) and simply added / replaced words, and added a * and disclaimer stating "not available on all models".

Seriously, I had a tough time reading things that were relevant to the new 2014 City. Every thing and every feature has a * next to it. At-least Honda could have used superscript notes using numbers like #1 for ANHC, #2 for 2014 HC, etc. All the time, I read something and I'm left wondering ... hmmm is this applicable to my car?

Even though I conformed to the wallpaper standards Honda has set (less than 5MB and less than 4096x4096pixels, etc.), most of the images I wanted to import ended up with the message "Could not import image!".

Try your luck with resizing all your images to 800x480 pixels - I'm yet to try this. Any other forum members had any luck with images?
Old 20th August 2014, 10:16   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Try your luck with resizing all your images to 800x480 pixels - I'm yet to try this. Any other forum members had any luck with images?
This works. I faced the same problem earlier.
But kept on reducing the size. Finally when the image size came in range of 640*480, and file size around 170 KB, I was able to successfully import the pic and set it as wallpaper. However, only three images can be imported at a time (a serious restriction).
sumitgovil2311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 14:01   #2635
BHPian

Have noticed a issue with the ANHC 2014

When the glass is rolled down halfway, hold the glass and try to move it up and down also left and right. The glass moves 1 cm or so in all direction.

Cause of this, when you close the door with glass halfway down, get a big "thud" noise as the glass shakes and touches the other interior parts

Highlighted this point to the technician in Capital Honda and was told its common issue with ANHC 2014.

Has anyone observed this point ?? is there any solution as this sound keeps annoying me.

Never had this in 5 lac - seven year old ikon, built quality was superb. Did not expect from Honda that too from 11 lac car.
ckmraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 16:33   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post
Have noticed a issue with the ANHC 2014

When the glass is rolled down halfway, hold the glass and try to move it up and down also left and right. The glass moves 1 cm or so in all direction.

Cause of this, when you close the door with glass halfway down, get a big "thud" noise as the glass shakes and touches the other interior parts
Observed this in my old Honda City (2nd Gen) as well, and thought it was common in all cars. Don't really know if this is indeed an issue, but generally I keep all the window panes rolled up while opening or closing the doors
sumitgovil2311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 18:32   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I experienced similar squeak sounds from my right front wheel, and had to take service center folks for a couple of test drives to confirm the sound. They later took the car for a few hours and rectified it. I haven't heard that sound after that.

While that is done, I hear another metallic click sound when I go over the humps or pot holes and its not very consistent. So, the service center guys are pretty clueless how to narrow it down and rectify it.
Hello Rajiv & All

I finally took my City to Courtesy Honda this Sunday, 17th Aug 2014. Well I was impressed by there Service Manager who took the test drive and was able to immediately find the source of the noise.

He summarised the source of noise as two tier:

1. It was skitting noise of Jump rods. It was easy to fix as they had to tighten up some screws and it went away.

2. The seconds source was the back casing of the disk brake. It was loose and hence it was bent out and was making metal clang noise when I was cruising on uneven roads.

They have fixed both the issues and now 'm unable to hear any clang noise.

Cheers
harpreetsubhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 18:38   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello Rajiv & All

I finally took my City to Courtesy Honda this Sunday, 17th Aug 2014. Well I was impressed by there Service Manager who took the test drive and was able to immediately find the source of the noise.

He summarised the source of noise as two tier:

1. It was skitting noise of Jump rods. It was easy to fix as they had to tighten up some screws and it went away.

2. The seconds source was the back casing of the disk brake. It was loose and hence it was bent out and was making metal clang noise when I was cruising on uneven roads.

They have fixed both the issues and now 'm unable to hear any clang noise.

Cheers
Awesome Harpreet. Thanks for the update and good that it was sorted out for you. I shall take my City next week to the service center to fix the metal clang sound.
Old 20th August 2014, 22:51   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
There is a single piece for the rear and fits nicely. The edges are folded and stitched. Good touch.
I visited Hot Tracks today at VictoriaRd and checked out the mats. The rear part is a single piece as you said but the edges are not stitched- they are bare and show the layers of the mat. It looks as if someone took a pair of scissors and did a nice job of cutting the mats to fit the 3d contours. The edges were bare and raw. I feel this is prone to skinning and peeling at the edges over time. As you say the edges are stitched nicely, can you please take a cloae up pic of the edges of the mats and share it with me? Thanks!!!
Old 21st August 2014, 02:57   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Dear fellow BHPians, I have opened a new initial ownership cum mods thread. Your comments are wecome.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ur-family.html

Hello Seran,

Congratulations !!!! on the new car. I tried opening the thread and I got the message that I do not have permission to access the page. I think the thread is not yet moved to public forum and it is still in assembly line.
If you have completed compiling all the information you wanted to, please notify the same to mods so that they can take the next action.

cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 21st August 2014 at 02:59. Reason: correction

Most Viewed