Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 13:28   #2686
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
Even I am a bit bemused about this sound which everyone is talking about and couldn't figure out how it sounds. The only sound I hear after opening the bonnet is like ticking of a mechanical clock and it doesn't sound like grinding or the sound of metal scraping against belt or other metallic thing.
Can someone upload that how an i-VTEC should sound ?

PS: I own an i-VTEC.
When did you check the sound. This sound comes after the engine bay heats up. Like 10-15 km in dense Bangalore traffic with AC.

If you still hear only the ticking sound ( which is normal ) than you are fine.
Old 28th August 2014, 13:32   #2687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Cquartz Treatment: I am impressed after having a look at the Web-site that depicts the details of Cquartz Treatment (Vahanam has got it done at Bangalore).

Any Outlet in Chennai for such treatment? Any Chennai Team BHPians have got it done?

Would appreciate if they can share the details.
Not sure of Chennai, but I found one in TVM. Travancore Auto Spa is providing CQuartz treatment. I'm planning to get it done.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 17:46   #2688
Senior - BHPian

Someone kindly post the scanned copy of their 2nd service bill for I-dtec.
If its been posted already let me know as i am not able to find it in this thread.
Old 29th August 2014, 16:08   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Not sure of Chennai, but I found one in TVM. Travancore Auto Spa is providing CQuartz treatment. I'm planning to get it done.
Can you please ensure the materials they use are indeed cquartz. Also get information on how they are sourcing. This is to ensure it is original cquartz treatment. Cquartz is from carpro.because there are few who claim to do cquartz but dont. Take care

Quote:
Cquartz Treatment: I am impressed after having a look at the Web-site that depicts the details of Cquartz Treatment (Vahanam has got it done at Bangalore).

Any Outlet in Chennai for such treatment? Any Chennai Team BHPians have got it done?

Would appreciate if they can share the details.
Good news for you. There is a detailer in chennai who can do cquartz. Trying to get that info for you. If you are comfortable PM me your contact number. Will pass your number and ask them to give you a call.
Old 30th August 2014, 13:06   #2690
BHPian

I test drove the City diesel and fond it very hard to convince my better half that its a good car considering its super loud engine. How did Honda manage to over see this, don't they take a real world blind survey with the prototype before going for production?
Is there any possibility that the engine noise can be made less by packing the engine or something?
Yet to test drive the petrol version. Making all sorts of calculation to feel good buying the petrol. Does City diesel justify for its price difference?
I am planning for the SV version and will get alloys and tyre upgrade outside. As the wait is more that 2 months I am at the mercy of my swaying mind, please help me rest.
Old 30th August 2014, 13:53   #2691
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I test drove the City diesel and fond it very hard to convince my better half that its a good car considering its super loud engine. How did Honda manage to over see this, don't they take a real world blind survey with the prototype before going for production?
Is there any possibility that the engine noise can be made less by packing the engine or something?
Yet to test drive the petrol version. Making all sorts of calculation to feel good buying the petrol. Does City diesel justify for its price difference?
I am planning for the SV version and will get alloys and tyre upgrade outside. As the wait is more that 2 months I am at the mercy of my swaying mind, please help me rest.

Let me get this straight- You need help to convince yourself to buy a 11L car (Which doesn't come with alloy wheels and tyres need upgrade as well) that sounds so loud- your wife rejected it for this reason.

Why don't you check other brands? Or Honda City is the only choice you have in mind?
Old 30th August 2014, 14:33   #2692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TD cars are more noisy than the current ones. Drive a new batch one if you know someone who has it.

Why not Ciaz as it's launching soon. Pre book it so if you like it you can get an early delivery. Don't get City just because you want a Honda. If your wife ain't happy with it try other options. Also, Verna is a good option if not Ciaz.
Old 30th August 2014, 15:02   #2693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
TD cars are more noisy than the current ones. Drive a new batch one if you know someone who has it.

Why not Ciaz as it's launching soon. Pre book it so if you like it you can get an early delivery. Don't get City just because you want a Honda. If your wife ain't happy with it try other options. Also, Verna is a good option if not Ciaz.
Harry is to the point. Same thing happened with me too. The TD car was very noisy and I had to borrow a friend's car (Purchased in Jan 2014) TD it for a day to know that the Engine has settled down well in production batches. Please do try a new one before finalising.
Old 30th August 2014, 15:41   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why don't you check other brands? Or Honda City is the only choice you have in mind?
I have been pondering over 1 car to another for the past year and getting frustrated that no car is a complete winner according to me.
City is a forced buy if it gets home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
TD cars are more noisy
Why not Ciaz as it's launching soon.
Getting a different car to test drive is not an option as I don't know many in Chennai.
Of course I am on daily update for the Ciaz, but Honda sounds premium. Verna is too bouncy for my liking on the highway and had a terrible accident story in the close family due to the same.

Quote:
Please do try a new one before finalising.
That much noise improvement is questionable without a good amount of acceptability to own the diesel or is it really that smooth?
Old 30th August 2014, 16:02   #2695
BHPian

Quote:

That much noise improvement is questionable without a good amount of acceptability to own the diesel or is it really that smooth?
I too have noticed a difference between TD vehicle and delivery vehicle. Its improved but no way close to smooth.

You can check out duster which has excellent ride. But then you need to convince yourself about the interiors for that price. Buyers are always in a dilemma. No car is likely to meet all your needs. So its a compromise. Choose what matters most to you. If you are booking city, be prepared to wait longer. There are lots of bookings to be cleared and the production stoppage has only aggravated the situation. Having said that, i am simply loving my IDTEC. Getting used to the engine noise
Old 30th August 2014, 19:49   #2696
BHPian

Hi guys! ! Govt announced another price cut for petrol today and increased the price of diesel/ltr on the other hand. Seriously contemplating cancelling the diesel booking of city and converting it to petrol.
Any more recent inputs from ivtec owners regarding the fuel efficiency and maintenance costs to help me decide?
Old 30th August 2014, 22:27   #2697
Senior - BHPian

Here is some solace to the 2014 City owners who are complaining about the quality of the new City. The results from the ASEAN NCAP Crash Test seem to be heartening

"The 2014 Honda Jazz (Honda Fit) and the Honda City scored 15.58 and 15.8 respectively out of 16 in Adult Occupant Protection, both securing 4 stars in AOP and 4 stars in COP with a compliance rating of 71%. Both the Honda Jazz and City are built in Thailand to cater to the local Thai market. While the above ratings were secured by their respective base variants with 2 standard airbags, the 6-airbag top-end variant secured 5 stars in AOP and COP. It’s worth mentioning that the Honda City broke the record for the highest points ever achieved in ASEAN NCAP, beating previous holder, the Ford Fiesta’s, score of 15.78 points."

Read Full Article here: URL
vsrivatsa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 01:03   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Hi guys! ! Govt announced another price cut for petrol today and increased the price of diesel/ltr on the other hand. Seriously contemplating cancelling the diesel booking of city and converting it to petrol.
Any more recent inputs from ivtec owners regarding the fuel efficiency and maintenance costs to help me decide?
Depends on your usage. If your usage is under 1500 kms a month, petrol is the best option. FE depends on your driving style. The least I got for my CVT is 9.8 kms/l (MID Value) and the maximum 19.2 kms/l (MID value) displayed during driving. With Full to Half method least was 10.2 and max was 15.2 kms/l.

Yes, the Diesel prices getting cheaper is a remote chance now until it is completely de regulated. But the real problem is other transportation charges like luxury buses, essential commodities might also rise. Government can consider giving subsidy to only vehicles used for transportation of essential goods, but this will be a complicated task to implement.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 31st August 2014 at 01:05.
Old 31st August 2014, 12:48   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Depends on your usage. If your usage is under 1500 kms a month, petrol is the best option. FE depends on your driving style. The least I got for my CVT is 9.8 kms/l (MID Value) and the maximum 19.2 kms/l (MID value) displayed during driving. With Full to Half method least was 10.2 and max was 15.2 kms/l.

Thanks for the figures. My driving is not going to exceed 1500kms every month( May be only sometime when I go out station ) but with my current Swift petrol 2008 model the experience has been very painful as it returns figures of only 10-11 in city( with intermittent AC and turning engine off on long red lights) It's really a pain refueling every now and then and thinking before going for long drives and dropping some distant relative to the airport!! Considering this I had decided to go for the diesel as I was tired of these feelings 😃 Pay upfront the extra amount( pains only once!!) rather than feeling the pain every time visiting the pump!!
But now these cuts in petrol rates and narrowing gap between diesel and petrol has again sparked a confusion in me.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 31st August 2014, 13:45   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post

Thanks for the figures. My driving is not going to exceed 1500kms every month( May be only sometime when I go out station ) but with my current Swift petrol 2008 model the experience has been very painful as it returns figures of only 10-11 in city( with intermittent AC and turning engine off on long red lights) It's really a pain refueling every now and then and thinking before going for long drives and dropping some distant relative to the airport!! Considering this I had decided to go for the diesel as I was tired of these feelings ?de03 Pay upfront the extra amount( pains only once!!) rather than feeling the pain every time visiting the pump!!
But now these cuts in petrol rates and narrowing gap between diesel and petrol has again sparked a confusion in me.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
All the reviews I have read about the petrol City the general Consensus is it gives between 10-13 in city and 15-17 on highways.

My running is between 2000-2500 km per month minimum so diesel still suits my need. In Delhi region where I encounter huge jams daily I am getting 16-17kmpl with sedate driving and 14-15kmpl with some enthusiastic one. On a Highway drive I have got 24kmpl till now. AC is on 100%.

Based on these figures you can do the necessary calculations and figure out which fuel suits you the most. Make sure whatever you buy it shouldn't make you think twice about taking your car out for a long drive or any airport runs etc. That spoils the fun of owning a car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks