Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 22:49   #2776
BHPian

Anyone here who has got his 3rd service done on City petrol? I just got mine done (VX CVT) and thought it will be good to exchange notes on how the car is doing post oil change.
Old 11th September 2014, 12:40   #2777
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Had anyone looked at the Team Bhp sales figures of August 2014, City sales has dipped from 7697 cars in July to just 757 cars in August.

Is this because of production issues with City or more push has been given for Amaze and Mobilio
Old 11th September 2014, 12:42   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Anyone here who has got his 3rd service done on City petrol? I just got mine done (VX CVT) and thought it will be good to exchange notes on how the car is doing post oil change.
Though there is no significant or noticeable change in running of the car, I still feel the car became slightly smoother, and the Fuel Efficiency slightly improved post first service. But these differences are fractional only.
I own a iVTEC V, and got it serviced for third time around 10 days back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post
Had anyone looked at the Team Bhp sales figures of August 2014, City sales has dipped from 7697 cars in July to just 757 cars in August.

Is this because of production issues with City or more push has been given for Amaze and Mobilio
Yes, that seems to be the case. Almost everyone who had delivery planned in Aug got delayed and pushed back to Sept.

NOTE FROM T_BHP SUPPORT: Please use the EDIT / MULTI-QUOTE (QUOTE+) functions within 30 minutes of posting rather than posting consecutively. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th September 2014 at 13:13.
Old 11th September 2014, 13:05   #2779
BHPian

Quote:

It was discussed in the previous pages. The production was suspended as they were shifting the city production to their other factory
Old 11th September 2014, 14:06   #2780
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, that seems to be the case. Almost everyone who had delivery planned in Aug got delayed and pushed back to Sept.
Old 11th September 2014, 14:52   #2781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
It was discussed in the previous pages. The production was suspended as they were shifting the city production to their other factory
Thanks for the info,

can the new city buyers expect a better quality product from Honda from the new facility is a million dollar questio
Old 11th September 2014, 15:05   #2782
Senior - BHPian

I had a 15 minute drive on my friend's City IVTEC V variant.

Here are my 2 cents -
  • The engine feels more or less same as before , may be there is some marginal improvement in the low end torque but nothing significant.
  • I felt the NVH is improved compared to the previous gen and so is the ride quality but still way behind the likes of Linea/Vento etc. I also felt slight vertical movement while moving fast over slightly undulating roads though it was not scary as Verna (I mean when the Verna was newly released, haven't driven the one with upgraded suspension)
  • The speedo console with the blue backlights look awesome and gives that wow feeling.
  • Though the dashboard has lot of good elements, it lacks the coherence which we get to see in VW cars, for example.
  • There are acres of space and the power socket at the back is a nice and practical touch.
  • The previous car had only one interior light in the centre which was a major issue. The new one has proper map lights in the front (both driver and passenger) along with a light at the rear.
  • There is no glaring cost cutting done apart from no cover on the back door. The doors felt fine..though they were light they didn't sound tinny or fragile to me.

My major complaints -
While Honda has loaded up the City with lot of features and fancy ones like shark fin antenna, push button start, sunroof etc etc. they have skimped on somethings which are simple but important like (they might be hoping that the aam junta read: non-BHPIans won't notice these omissions)-
  • No cladding on the rear wheels.
  • No remote boot opening (Com'on Honda this is not at all acceptable, deal breaker for me in a 10L+ car)
  • No thumb contours on the steering wheel (I have this gripe with my Jazz as well, Honda seems to be not paying attention to it while cars like I20/Micra etc are providing it)
  • No speed sensitive variable intermittent wipers. (I guess many cars have this feature within the 10L price range. right?)

Overall, I felt impressed..its a huge improvement over the previous gen car in terms of features and convenience. But some of the issues I mentioned above should be addressed to make it even more better. Also, the various quality issues reported about the new City is not confidence-inspiring at all and squarely against Honda's brand image which is built around quality and reliability.

Last edited by adimicra : 11th September 2014 at 15:11.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 15:06   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info,

can the new city buyers expect a better quality product from Honda from the new facility is a million dollar questio
I hope so. I'm getting my vx CVT by the month's end. Manufactured in the new facility. I'll let you know based on my experience
Old 11th September 2014, 23:17   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
[*]No remote boot opening (Com'on Honda this is not at all acceptable, deal breaker for me in a 10L+ car)
My VX has remote boot opening.
Old 12th September 2014, 10:22   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
My VX has remote boot opening.
only the VX version comes with the remote boot release. my V doesn't have that.
Old 12th September 2014, 11:13   #2786
BHPian

hi everyone, I have posted the below query in Neel's thread without any replies, so thought of posting it here too. Does any one know how to disable the passenger side airbag on the new honda city SV varient?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3516041
Old 12th September 2014, 11:55   #2787
BHPian

Another long drive report on NH 47

Had another long trip on my VX CVT. Here are my observations. Please note that I'm still running on the stock tyres of Goodyear.

Route - Trivandrum - Cherthala - Cochin - North Parur and back over a period of 5 days via NH 47.

Trivandrum - Cherthala (150 kms, 2 lane) and Cherthala to Aluva (55 kms, 4 lane)

Total Distance covered for the entire trip including short trips : 550 kms

50% good roads, 40% acceptable roads and 10% really bad roads. Pure highway conditions were only for max 80 kms.

Maximum FE on MID : 16 kms/l.
Minimum FE on MID: 11 kms/l

Full to Half method calculation (1st filling): 14 kms/l, 2nd filling - 13.7 kms/l

Condition of the road is is good from Trivandrum until we leave Kollam city. Too much potholes after Kollam town, and it did look like village roads are better. There are few good stretches once we enter Kayamkulam (border of Alleppey district). The 4 lane road from Cherthala to Cochin is excellent although there are bad stretches after Edapally (Cochin) due to the Metro rail work. However, the return trip to Cherthala on the 4 lane road is not fully smooth. There are small humps which will go unnoticed. In addition, to this driven my car through really some really bad village roads stretching up to 20 kms.

Believe it or not, there was a strike by private taxis and auto rickshaws in Kerala, for increase in fare and also to repair roads.

The car was loaded to the maximum with boot full of heavy and light weight luggage's with the entire 510 liters occupied. 4 adults and 1 child as passengers on the onward journey. The return journey was with 2 adults with full load in boot again with heavy items and some other items occupied in the back seat.

Power, Ride Quality & Handling - Was excellent on good roads and seriously I observed that my car had a better acceleration and power with the full load rather than me driving only with my spouse. I don't know if it's a psychological thing but I'm not bluffing here. I did feel it had a better power with full load, even during overtaking. Any other CVT owners, please post their experience. However, on potholed roads did feel the thud coming into the cabin on lower speeds. On higher speeds, occasionally bumped into the potholes unnoticed, the thud sound was coming but in the inside didn't feel the shattering as at the lower speeds.

The car did handle well on normal to medium curves. On bigger curves all the passengers including me felt that there is indeed a curve. Need to slow down on bigger curves. Linea, Fiesta and Rapid owners should be happy in these situations.

Driving Style: Drive mode was fully in 'D' with extensive use of paddle shifts. AC on full time in Automatic mode in temperature 90% 24 degrees and the remaining from 20 to 23 degress. Every one hour opened the ventilation for 10 minutes. AC cools really fast. Outside temperature ranged from 29 degrees to 34 degrees. ECON mode on only when there was a bumper to bumper. Probably 40 kms with ECON mode on for the entire trip.

Comfort: I did feel back stiffness after driving for 100 kms. Put on the Amron backrest for about 25 kms and it was back to comfortable situation again. Although I'm driving the Automatic, the left leg felt numb after long distances. Took a break after one and half hours. I'm almost six foot tall. There are lots of leg space but still occasional breaks are required. The bigger vehicles like Innova score here but no Automatic versions.

To sum up, I am 95% happy with the car and 5% not satisfactory due to the cabin thuds on potholes, the back pain probably due to the seats and the left leg numbness probably due to not having the height like Innova on long driving. But still, guess this is the best car in the segment. Driving the automatic is really addictive. I did feel a bit tired after 100 kms but once I took a short break, was eager to be back behind the wheels again.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 12th September 2014 at 12:06.
Old 12th September 2014, 12:22   #2788
Senior - BHPian

Re: Another long drive report on NH 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post

To sum up, I am 95% happy with the car and 5% not satisfactory due to the cabin thuds on potholes,.
I understand your issue completely.. this has been the major issue with my Jazz as well. In fact, all Hondas suffer from this problem.
it happens for the rear suspension mainly. The ride is anyways little harsh over potholes (for Jazz at least) and it is accentuated by the loud thud which gives the feeling that the ride is harsher than it is and spoils the sense of luxury and premium-ness you would expect in such a car. The fact that they don't even have a wheel cladding at the rear adds to the pain..otherwise, the sound could have been reduced.

I think the root cause is due to the shorter suspension travel and it bottoms out. Obviously, Honda knows this and they know very well that it is a problem for markets like India. But, the fact that they are not correcting it means that the correction will probably unsettle the overall balance of the car. They should hire some engineers from VW/Skoda/Fiat and sort this out. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth for otherwise wonderful cars.
Old 12th September 2014, 13:40   #2789
BHPian

I would like to install MAP MY INDIA - model no LX350 with reverse camera in my SV variant

Had anyone installed the same, which is the best location to fix it - Dash board / integrate in Inside rear view mirror or in the front windshield

Dealer cost for the same is 17000 INR, is there any other source where the cost could be little lesser
Old 12th September 2014, 14:32   #2790

What could be the wait time for Honda City iVTEC V (or SV) version? The dealer mentioned 3-4 months yesterday. He also said once they commit the date (after booking), its always delivered within that date. Not sure how true that is?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks