Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 15:28   #2791
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishboneAsh View Post
What could be the wait time for Honda City iVTEC V (or SV) version? The dealer mentioned 3-4 months yesterday. He also said once they commit the date (after booking), its always delivered within that date. Not sure how true that is?
I got my mine (I-DTEC SV Variant) in one month time from the date of booking, but that was the case in July.

Understand they are moving the CITY to new production facility, can expect a longer delivery time. also if you look at the team-bhp sales figure for the month of august its only 757 cars, which directly indicates there will be a huge backlog for deliveries.

please be aware of all these aspects and plan
Old 12th September 2014, 15:54   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What could be the wait time for Honda City iVTEC V (or SV) version? The dealer mentioned 3-4 months yesterday. He also said once they commit the date (after booking), its always delivered within that date. Not sure how true that is?
Whatever the wait time do take it in writing in the booking receipt. By my experience Honda honors whatever wait period is there in the booking receipt.
Old 12th September 2014, 16:23   #2793
Senior - BHPian

Re: Another long drive report on NH 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Comfort: I did feel back stiffness after driving for 100 kms. Put on the Amron backrest for about 25 kms and it was back to comfortable situation again. Although I'm driving the Automatic, the left leg felt numb after long distances. Took a break after one and half hours. I'm almost six foot tall. There are lots of leg space but still occasional breaks are required. The bigger vehicles like Innova score here but no Automatic versions.
Interesting that you had a numbness on the left leg! I used to have some muscle stress on the right leg due to constant press of accelerator on my earlier car. With the City, on long highway drives with good toll roads, the Cruise Control is a blessing and can be used to reduce the stress on the right leg.
Old 12th September 2014, 16:55   #2794
BHPian

Re: Another long drive report on NH 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Interesting that you had a numbness on the left leg! I used to have some muscle stress on the right leg due to constant press of accelerator on my earlier car. With the City, on long highway drives with good toll roads, the Cruise Control is a blessing and can be used to reduce the stress on the right leg.
The left leg is idle and that's why the numbness. This happens even if I travel on train sitting idle for long time. My right leg is fine though .

This made me think that instead of a dead pedal there can be some spring action type pedal to keep the left leg do some activity occasionally.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 20:53   #2795
BHPian

Honda City : Official Review

Quote:

Well, I can surely tell that is not true!! I booked my 'V' in July with a promise of delivery in Sept end( I insisted on 1st October and hence that is mentioned in the booking form) I had to mail honda when news of shifting the plant of manufacturing surfaced( they did not have the courtesy to inform me the delay in delivery of my vehicle ). Initially they did not communicate anything and later confirmed that delivery would be in October. Got in touch with my dealer last week and he told it would be by November 1st week only,however he will be able to tell exact date only by 1st week of October when the allocation letter comes to him from the company!!
So, in short I am still clueless when my car will come and the whole experience is not good at all!!

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Last edited by DoctorKK : 12th September 2014 at 20:54.
DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 09:58   #2796
BHPian

Same here. @wishboneash- They are going to tell you 3-4 months. They have a huge back log. Many people here like me were told 2 months in May - June. After mailing honda, dealer again gave a lame reason. Now its a probable October delivery for my May end booking of Golden Brown SV CVT. They will say demand is more for this colour and this trim, etc. Don't believe that. My suggestion is that you book only if you are not looking for an immediate replacement. A friend of mine booked this car and sold his old one. Now he has to travel by bus or a cab to get to work. All this because of no production in August. Now this is not written in the agreement...
Old 15th September 2014, 13:49   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight.rider View Post
Same here. @wishboneash- They are going to tell you 3-4 months. They have a huge back log. Many people here like me were told 2 months in May - June. After mailing honda, dealer again gave a lame reason. Now its a probable October delivery for my May end booking of Golden Brown SV CVT. They will say demand is more for this colour and this trim, etc. Don't believe that. My suggestion is that you book only if you are not looking for an immediate replacement. A friend of mine booked this car and sold his old one. Now he has to travel by bus or a cab to get to work. All this because of no production in August. Now this is not written in the agreement...
I have been seeing a lot of posts here talking about Honda not fulfilling their commitments. We have seen similar things happen with a lot of other cars which are big hits. People who went for Honda City always new that this car is suddenly a big hit and the demand for the car is much much higher than the supply.

Even more in your case, since you have booked a CVT, if you go through the forums, right from the start the CVTs have commanded a huge wait time as the production of CVTs is limited as compared to the other models. Some of the VX CVT bookings have taken over 4-5 months for delivery.

Some other person made a point that Honda should have informed that there will be no production in the month of August and that this will affect the delivery schedule. Well Honda has done that religiously. In fact, even leading newspapers published an article regarding the same. What do people expect? Should Honda Representatives come to their house with an apology letter?
Old 15th September 2014, 14:27   #2798
BHPian

Well the point here is, accepted that production has stopped, and it's a good sign that Honda wants to concentrate on each model, but, it is the dealer's duty or more so the sales advisor's duty to do so. At least when they should not be promising a sooner date. I was once told as mid august delivery date. When I said I know production has stopped, he said I have no idea.
This approach is wrong..
Old 15th September 2014, 16:10   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I have been seeing a lot of posts here talking about Honda not fulfilling their commitments. We have seen similar things happen with a lot of other cars which are big hits. People who went for Honda City always new that this car is suddenly a big hit and the demand for the car is much much higher than the supply.

Some other person made a point that Honda should have informed that there will be no production in the month of August and that this will affect the delivery schedule. Well Honda has done that religiously. In fact, even leading newspapers published an article regarding the same. What do people expect? Should Honda Representatives come to their house with an apology letter?

I don't think anyone is supposed to get so irritated and agitated by views of others. What people share on this forum is what they are going through and what they think should be done. Everyone has his/her own opinion and is sharing their respective experiences. If someone else is a honda fan and gets hurt by sheer criticism of the company and starts replying in such a way,it merely degrades the quality of the thread and the forum.
Please note that if the company is not able to keep upto it's promise,in my opinion, they should send a mail to all their customers( customer is supposed to be the king after all. No one expects honda representative at their home!!) stating the cause of the delay and probable date of delivery after the delay. Sorry to say and no meaning to offend you at all( because you seem to have got deeply hurt) ,none of this was done. Initially only rumors surfaced about the stalling of production of city which was not confirmed by the company when I called them and only later did confirmed reports came in media.
Isn't the company supposed to inform its customers any news regarding the product delay for which the customer has paid a sum of Rs.51000/-?? I feel it's wrong and stick to my stand. For a global company like honda ,shooting some thousand mails should not be a big problem I guess!!

DoctorKK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 16:50   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post
I would like to install MAP MY INDIA - model no LX350 with reverse camera in my SV variant

Had anyone installed the same, which is the best location to fix it - Dash board / integrate in Inside rear view mirror or in the front windshield

Dealer cost for the same is 17000 INR, is there any other source where the cost could be little lesser
The model is available in Snapdeal for INR 9999. You'll have to take care of the installation and the reverse camera though.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/mapm...tor/1105161650
MalluDude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 16:53   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
I don't think anyone is supposed to get so irritated and agitated by views of others. What people share on this forum is what they are going through and what they think should be done. Everyone has his/her own opinion and is sharing their respective experiences. If someone else is a honda fan and gets hurt by sheer criticism of the company and starts replying in such a way,it merely degrades the quality of the thread and the forum.
Please note that if the company is not able to keep upto it's promise,in my opinion, they should send a mail to all their customers( customer is supposed to be the king after all. No one expects honda representative at their home!!) stating the cause of the delay and probable date of delivery after the delay. Sorry to say and no meaning to offend you at all( because you seem to have got deeply hurt) ,none of this was done. Initially only rumors surfaced about the stalling of production of city which was not confirmed by the company when I called them and only later did confirmed reports came in media.
Isn't the company supposed to inform its customers any news regarding the product delay for which the customer has paid a sum of Rs.51000/-?? I feel it's wrong and stick to my stand. For a global company like honda ,shooting some thousand mails should not be a big problem I guess!!

Well I am not irritated or agitated or as a matter of fact hurt by anybody's statement. What I have put down is my views considering what statements I have been seeing on the forums.

I am looking at this only from a practical approach point of view. Initially there were only rumors since those are the phases where the company is looking at taking some decision. Some insider gives away such news to others and it spreads like rumors. Later once the company has come to a decision then they bring it out in the open through a press release. I did not see anything wrong in it. From a Dealer perspective, the Sales guys are useless as they are never aware of the exact proceedings. The Sales guys only transmit the information passed on by their seniors to them. Also, its the Dealers who often tend to be the culprits of not delivering the vehicle on time rather than the company.

In my case, my dealer was asking me to make the whole payment upfront and also sign a document which would state that "I have made the payment at my own free will and the vehicle will be delivered in approx. 4 weeks from this date. Any delay in delivery of vehicle is not accountable to the dealer".

I reported the same to Honda and got this resolved and made the payment only after the vehicle was allotted.

My office work involves me being part of such decision-making (although not related to Automobile sector) but till a decision is 100% made it is never put out on writing. But we often come across people who ask me that so and so discussions are going on is it true!
Old 15th September 2014, 18:03   #2802
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thing will be to see the sales report for September. It's perceived that production has been continued this month so I want to see how many cars Honda is able to dispatch to their dealers. It may also show if City is getting affected by Ciaz.

On the topic of waiting I agree with Tejas. Everyone knew production will be stopped in August and logically that will create delivery delays so one should be prepared for it. Don't go by what sales team says. It's their job to keep customers hooked to dealership. For clarity always approach Honda directly. At least that's what I did with favorable outcome.
Old 15th September 2014, 23:15   #2803
BHPian

I have booked VXMT Diesel in Vapi and delivery is in October or November. Are there any accessories that are must? I don't need extra speakers or anything fancy.
Thinking of scuff plates and good mats. Should I get these from dealer or elsewhere?
Is a lamp upgrade necessary?
I asked my Sales Executive about tyres and he said all top end had Bridgestones. I told him to inquire if Michellin option was available. Which would be better?
Old 16th September 2014, 05:01   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I have booked VXMT Diesel in Vapi and delivery is in October or November. Are there any accessories that are must? I don't need extra speakers or anything fancy.
Thinking of scuff plates and good mats. Should I get these from dealer or elsewhere?
Is a lamp upgrade necessary?
I asked my Sales Executive about tyres and he said all top end had Bridgestones. I told him to inquire if Michellin option was available. Which would be better?
Hello jesrani,

The car is Vx so it has everything that Honda wanted to throw in this model ,hence I personally don't think there are any additional accessories needed. Check the prices at the dealer for the scuff plates usually they are charging a bomb from what I read here. Since most of the folks are cautious not to loose the warranty they are paying the additional price to the dealer or buying stuff from the open market and using some good rapport to get it installed from the dealer. I would suggest to follow either of the 2 practices.

The choice of mats depends on what we are willing to spend, I think the after market definitely offers better options than the dealer.

If you are driving involves frequent highway runs , then yes as most of them have recommended it is better to have the headlamps upgraded.

Strictly IMO Michelin any day is better than bridge stone however in this case I don't think the SA can be of any help as none of us would know what shoes it comes with until the car lands at the stockyard .

cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 07:01   #2805
BHPian

Finally it seems that the wait is over. Got a call yesterday that they have the same trim in white ( I booked golden brown). Colour doesn't really matter at all. Everyone else in my family wanted white anyway.
Feels like a prayer has been answered! Thank you everyone for listening to my woes and helping me out.
Let's see how much I can haggle down. I don't want RSA and extended warranty. Insurance I always get 3rd party. Anyone else who got these removed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks