Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:29   #2851
R.G
BHPian

Re: RC entry issue: Honda City from purchased from Perfect Honda, Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Yet another carelessness from Perfect Honda, Trivandrum.

1. BHP - Mentioned as 87.7 BHP in RC. The actual BHP for City petrol is 119 BHP. The sale letter mentions 87.7 KW. Normally, the records in Kerala RTO displays power in BHP and the dealership converts it to BHP in the sale letter. This was not done by Perfect Honda.

3. Wheelbase - Not mentioned in Sale Letter. Hence, displayed as 0.00 in RTO website for my car.
Hmmmm... mine too is wrong. What did you do the get this corrected ? Approached RTO directly or getting this corrected through the dealer ?

Thanks for bringing this out, I would never have noticed this.
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:19   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G View Post
Hmmmm... mine too is wrong. What did you do the get this corrected ? Approached RTO directly or getting this corrected through the dealer ?

Thanks for bringing this out, I would never have noticed this.
Cannot approach RTO directly without supporting documents. What I did was I contacted dealership and informed on this and then raised a complaint with Honda directly since as expected, the response from dealership was cold.

After the complaint was registered with Honda, got a call from dealership and they gave me a letter, mentioning the correct details. However, I'm not sure if this document is sufficient. I am yet to approach RTO with the letter.

I got a call from Honda on Saturday and they asked if the complaint is satisfactorily closed and I told them 'No' since, I'm not sure if this document is sufficient for making the amendments. Asked for 2 weeks time, since RTO is far from where I stay and till then the complaint will be open.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 22nd September 2014 at 14:20.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:44   #2853
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

So finally I got a chance to drive my City-D to Nainital over this weekend.
We were four adults with 8 year old kid onboard. The boot was fully loaded with two 30Kg bags inside.
Well the city behaves altogether different and demonstrates a different character when in full load conditions. This behaviour deteriorates even further with AC ON. The zip available in lower gears remains absent and the punch can only be experienced in gears above 3.
Another thing which disappointed me was a lot of engine noise inside the cabin when the car was fully loaded. It was a really dirty roar of engine which was audible during the lower gears. Even at upper gears this roar continued to nag me. Its when the car is in cruise mode the car noise tends to settle down which mind seems to in terms with - though it remains.

But that said, there was no dearth of power in upper gears (5 and 6). Moreover with such a load and a hill drive I got a mileage of 22KMPL which is astounding.

So overall the drive was excellent but the heaviness in the lower gear and huge audible cabin engine roar left a bad taste. Though I know this is how City behaves but still I will get this checked with service center guys this weekend.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:09   #2854
BHPian

That's quite good FE you got.
I suppose you went to nainital from delhi? If yes, how were the road conditions? Any problems for the city due to a low GC on bad surfaces?
Old 22nd September 2014, 18:42   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
S
Well the city behaves altogether different and demonstrates a different character when in full load conditions. This behaviour deteriorates even further with AC ON. The zip available in lower gears remains absent and the punch can only be experienced in gears above 3.
I'm not sure, but if K&N filters are installed, will it improve the performance? K&N filters are supposed to be high performance filters.
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:21   #2856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
I have booked VMT petrol in bathinda in september and the dealer has quoted the following :-
Ex showroom price = 831579/-
Comp Insurance (1yr) = 21575/-
Ex warranty (1/2 yr) = 7975/-
logistic charges = 4000/-
RSA = 4600/-
Anti rust treatment = 6940/-
Temp regn = 1000/-registration = 38000/-
Are these charges reasonable and compulsory?
Advise please
Hello aviator,

I see 38000 for registration is extremely high , please let me know if this includes life tax as well. However life tax is usually 12 % ( in the south , not sure if it is the same in your state) of the base price which still does not match with the 38K.

Also Anti rust treatment & RSA are optional and they should not be enforced on you by the dealer.

Logistic charges are surprisingly pretty low in your case which is definitely pretty good news.

Rest of the charges seems valid for me.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 22nd September 2014, 19:43   #2857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure, but if K&N filters are installed, will it improve the performance? K&N filters are supposed to be high performance filters.
I had asked a similar question when I bought the City but there was not much positive feedback. Here is the URL.
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:22   #2858
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Cannot approach RTO directly without supporting documents. What I did was I contacted dealership and informed on this and then raised a complaint with Honda directly since as expected, the response from dealership was cold
Will we get into any trouble later on if the document doesn't capture these details accurately? Does anybody go through these details in case of sale of vehicle?
Old 22nd September 2014, 22:42   #2859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello aviator,

I see 38000 for registration is extremely high , please let me know if this includes life tax as well. However life tax is usually 12 % ( in the south , not sure if it is the same in your state) of the base price which still does not match with the 38K.

Also Anti rust treatment & RSA are optional and they should not be enforced on you by the dealer.

Logistic charges are surprisingly pretty low in your case which is definitely pretty good news.

Rest of the charges seems valid for me.

Cheers,
pdma.
Yes, that includes 15 years tax. What I wanted to know is whether the extended warranty and road side assistance worth paying for?
Old 23rd September 2014, 00:28   #2860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Yes, that includes 15 years tax. What I wanted to know is whether the extended warranty and road side assistance worth paying for?
Extended Warranty definitely yes. RSA depends on the requirement, as it is nothing but towing assistance from the company in case the car is stuck somewhere.If your driving involves good amount of highway run then its a good option to have one handy.

Also another point to note , as mentioned in a few posts before both EW & RSA can be bought at a later point of time.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 23rd September 2014, 07:10   #2861
BHPian

A bit of sad news for me. Taxes in Kerala have been revised. For vehicles costing over 10 lakh,there has been some alterations due to which the cost of V has gone up by around 13,000/- whereas that of SV has gone down by 7,000/-
Now the difference between 'V' and 'SV' diesel in Kerala stands at around 84,000/- No wonder I see either SV or Vx models only on road!!

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 23rd September 2014, 07:13   #2862
BHPian

Quote:
Cannot approach RTO directly without supporting documents. What I did was I contacted dealership and informed on this and then raised a complaint with Honda directly since as expected, the response from dealership was cold.

After the complaint was registered with Honda, got a call from dealership and they gave me a letter, mentioning the correct details. However, I'm not sure if this document is sufficient. I am yet to approach RTO with the letter.

I got a call from Honda on Saturday and they asked if the complaint is satisfactorily closed and I told them 'No' since, I'm not sure if this document is sufficient for making the amendments. Asked for 2 weeks time, since RTO is far from where I stay and till then the complaint will be open.

Thanks for sharing your experience of perfect honda. Will definitely have to be very careful with them. What all precautions do you suggest once my car lands here. How can I avoid such mishaps? Anything I need to do on my end or is it just dealer's carelessness?

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 23rd September 2014, 08:38   #2863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience of perfect honda. Will definitely have to be very careful with them. What all precautions do you suggest once my car lands here. How can I avoid such mishaps? Anything I need to do on my end or is it just dealer's carelessness?
For Perfect Honda, this is dealership inexperience and carelessness. Perfect Honda (Kulathunal Automobiles) was earlier having a Tata dealership. Seems that attitude is still to fade away from them.

Check for the actual price of the car. See if there is any refund available since there is a chance of getting discount in insurance.

Please verify if the sale letter is having all the correct details especially the below:
Power converted to BHP from KW
Wheelbase
Model, Variant, Trim
Month and Year of Manufacture

Also, I do not suggest to take the vehicle for Perfect Honda for servicing as per some of my bad experience there.

I suggest to take to Peninsular Honda for service, though not 100% perfect is much more experienced.
Old 23rd September 2014, 08:40   #2864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Will we get into any trouble later on if the document doesn't capture these details accurately? Does anybody go through these details in case of sale of vehicle?
Yes, during sale of vehicle this may cause problems if the buyer is having good knowledge of car. Just think of ourselves as the buyer here
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:04   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
@Geo or anyone from Bangalore or places where the RTO issues the smart card: Do you have any values against STDG/SLPR in your RTO Smart Card? For me it is just blank.

I have no clue what it stands for. My best guess is that it is Standing/Sleeper - an odd combination though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks