Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 09:17   #2896
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Is it true that there is partial cladding in the front wheel well and none at the rear one? Is it a cause for concern in the long run? Any long term reviews on the issue? Are there any aftermarket solutions? Pl advise
Old 1st October 2014, 10:22   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post
Good news for ANHC E/S/SV variants holders,

CASKA has just launched the Headunit for ANHC 2014 with the Piano black finish in centre facia.

It Touchscreen with Mapmyindia Navigation, DVD Player, USB Port, Bluetooth, Steering mounted Audio and phone controls, integrated reverse camera, Tire Pressure monitoring system (optional) and parking sensors (optional)

Ofcourse its very expensive, saw the catalogue in Privilege Moto Mall Chennai, he quoted me cost of 48K including installation

No plans to buy at the moment, out of budget for me
This is way above the 33K (Including 500 for doorstep installation) as shown in the website (http://www.caskaindia.com/caska-suit...nction.htm.htm)

15K off, back on budget?
Old 1st October 2014, 12:16   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
This is way above the 33K (Including 500 for doorstep installation) as shown in the website (http://www.caskaindia.com/caska-suit...nction.htm.htm)

15K off, back on budget?
The website shows the following
"Optional:TPMS, Parking sensor, Reverse Camera"

Probably the seller is quoting with these extras included ?

Last edited by Eddy : 4th October 2014 at 21:43. Reason: Formatting correction
Old 1st October 2014, 15:52   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Good news for ANHC E/S/SV variants holders,

CASKA has just launched the Headunit for ANHC 2014 with the Piano black finish in centre facia.

It Touchscreen with Mapmyindia Navigation, DVD Player, USB Port, Bluetooth, Steering mounted Audio and phone controls, integrated reverse camera, Tire Pressure monitoring system (optional) and parking sensors (optional)

Ofcourse its very expensive, saw the catalogue in Privilege Moto Mall Chennai, he quoted me cost of 48K including installation

No plans to buy at the moment, out of budget for me
That is way too expensive. You can buy a Blaupunkt Sandiego 530 for almost half its price. Mr.Manian has even installed in his car . Check this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...elian-red.html

Regards,
Amit
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 22:08   #2900
BHPian

Just returned from a short trip (around 500kms to and fro).

Got an amazing mileage of 20.1 kmpl😀. Steering response was quite good at high speeds. Happy to choose HONDA City, I'm loving every bit of it.

Unable to upload the pic from my phone due to some technical reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
feroz_009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 23:22   #2901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post

Got an amazing mileage of 20.1 kmpl. Steering response was quite good at high speeds.
20 KMPL from the pertol engine is definetely amazing.Honda is absolutely proving to be bang on the mileage figures that they promised.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 2nd October 2014, 00:24   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
20 KMPL from the pertol engine is definetely amazing.Honda is absolutely proving to be bang on the mileage figures that they promised.

Cheers,
pdma.
You are right, Padma. Honda has delivered as promised.

One more thing I missed to mention earlier thread is, my car is running on michelin primacy 3st 195/65/R15 and the speed I maintained through out the trip was in the range of 80-120 kmph with AC on.
feroz_009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 06:55   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
You are right, Padma. Honda has delivered as promised.

One more thing I missed to mention earlier thread is, my car is running on michelin primacy 3st 195/65/R15 and the speed I maintained through out the trip was in the range of 80-120 kmph with AC on.

And still getting 20+ on petrol is amazing!! Congrats and have fun!!

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:53   #2904
BHPian

Quote:

Got an amazing mileage of 20.1 kmpl😀. Steering response was quite good at high speeds. Happy to choose HONDA City, I'm loving every bit of it.

Unable to upload the pic from my phone due to some technical reasons.

That is awesome. I own the 2014 iVtec VMT as well and the best mileage that I have managed to get so far is 14.4 kmpl. In general, I get around 9.8 - 10.2 in an insane bumper to bumper traffic in Chennai.
Old 2nd October 2014, 12:41   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitKumarVinay View Post
That is awesome. I own the 2014 iVtec VMT as well and the best mileage that I have managed to get so far is 14.4 kmpl. In general, I get around 9.8 - 10.2 in an insane bumper to bumper traffic in Chennai.
My car has done 6000 kms so far with all the free services done. In city traffic conditions i get an average of 12-12.8kmpl. This was the first time i took it on highway.

feroz_009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 13:06   #2906
BHPian

I get about 8.5 to 9 Kms/ltr in Chennai traffic and max I have got is about 14 on highway so far on my SV Automatic Ivtec
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:29   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitKumarVinay View Post
That is way too expensive. You can buy a Blaupunkt Sandiego 530 for almost half its price. Mr.Manian has even installed in his car . Check this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...elian-red.html

Regards,
Amit
Hi guys

I saw the caska headset at Classic Honda Faridabad and the product looked awesome.

I have a question for all. Does not getting the Blaupunkt music installation void the warranty ?

Cheers
Harpreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
A couple of days back during a Highway drive, while accelerating after going over a speed breaker, I was watching the RPM needle, it was going up relatively slowly across 800, 1000, 1200, 1500 and after it crossed 1700, watched the needle surge from 1800 to 2400 and past very quickly. This surge in the acceleration with the turbo kicking in the Diesel City is indeed addictive and I felt the urge to repeat that down the road. Having driven Petrol cars before (read: without turbo), it was good to experience the pull after the turbo kicking in during hard acceleration.

Its easy to miss this surge during city drives during slower acceleration as the turbo lag in the Diesel City is almost non-existent.
I differ you in that. When the car is fully loaded and the AC ON, the car shows a lot of sluggish response in the lower gears. The noise inside the cabin increases manifold and very highly evident turbo lag in the lower gears. Infact I really hate this part of Honda I Dtech. Even after the 5K service the situation is the same which clearly shows that this is how the car behaves - its not a defect or a bug. Just for people to know before hand their decision to go for a Honda diesel. Not a great think for a million rupee car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I have the very same noise on my iDTEC. Since it happens only on lower gears and occasionally for me I have been sort of living with it. I should get it fixed one of these days.
Honda guys do not acknowledge this an issue. I just tried in vain in my 5K service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
That's quite good FE you got.
I suppose you went to nainital from delhi? If yes, how were the road conditions? Any problems for the city due to a low GC on bad surfaces?
Sorry for the delayed response first of all. I went to Nainital from Faridabad. Roads are good except a 1 km stretch. And that was the most nasty one I have ever seen. As my car was fully loaded it scrapped the road few times. But I guess the roads were so bad that even my swift would have scrapped the road at all the occasions. Do you want me to send the detailed road Mao which I took for Nainital ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
I'm not sure, but if K&N filters are installed, will it improve the performance? K&N filters are supposed to be high performance filters.
Hi Adarsh
Can you please throw more light in these filters ?
I do not have even a faintest idea about these devices.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT / MULTI-QUOTE (QUOTE+) functions within 30 minutes of posting instead. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd October 2014 at 14:48.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 18:56   #2908
BHPian

Way back, I guess there was something called Pete's module. It used to be plugged into the ECU and then it would boost a car's performance. Some auto magazines used it to test on a Skoda Octavia diesel. If it's still available and compatible with IDTEC then it would boost the performance.
Old 3rd October 2014, 19:28   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi guys

I saw the caska headset at Classic Honda Faridabad and the product looked awesome.

I have a question for all. Does not getting the Blaupunkt music installation void the warranty ?

Cheers
Harpreet

I differ you in that. When the car is fully loaded and the AC ON, the car shows a lot of sluggish response in the lower gears. The noise inside the cabin increases manifold and very highly evident turbo lag in the lower gears. Infact I really hate this part of Honda I Dtech. Even after the 5K service the situation is the same which clearly shows that this is how the car behaves - its not a defect or a bug. Just for people to know before hand their decision to go for a Honda diesel. Not a great think for a million rupee car.

Honda guys do not acknowledge this an issue. I just tried in vain in my 5K service.

Sorry for the delayed response first of all. I went to Nainital from Faridabad. Roads are good except a 1 km stretch. And that was the most nasty one I have ever seen. As my car was fully loaded it scrapped the road few times. But I guess the roads were so bad that even my swift would have scrapped the road at all the occasions. Do you want me to send the detailed road Mao which I took for Nainital ?

Hi Adarsh
Can you please throw more light in these filters ?
I do not have even a faintest idea about these devices.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT / MULTI-QUOTE (QUOTE+) functions within 30 minutes of posting instead. Thanks.
Harpreet,

As long as you get the right set of connecting kits and make sure no wire is being cut, you will be fine. The connecting kits are quite expensive, but it will keep the warranty in tact.

Regards,
Amit
Old 3rd October 2014, 20:18   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
Recently i upgraded my ANHC 2014 with Leather seats, have done a detailed post in the below thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3542506

Some snaps of the same

Attachment 1292202
The leather seat looks real neat . I live in Chennai too. Looks like its definitely worth driving to Banglore to get me some Leather seats as well.

Most Viewed