Old 3rd November 2014, 21:44   #3121
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Honda Grace (new Honda City) Sport Hybrid revealed with LED lights
This is for Japanese Market.
http://buff.ly/10dLys6

Get Dual-Clutch Transmission and 'Aluminium' wheels.
Just the addition of an extra strip on the grille uplifts the looks a bit.
Ouch !!! what happened to the boot , I feel it is cut down drastically and it now looks totally unbalanced like the dezire or is it the pictures.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 3rd November 2014, 22:59   #3122
BHPian

Regarding Philips xtreme visions performance in the rains, it's exceptional. I had same bulbs in polo and their performance was pathetic, but was pleasantly surprised seeing them perform in the city. I think the city's reflector assembly has good spread with these bulbs. The other option was nightbreakers, but they are really expensive. The high beam is useless though in spite of upgrading.
fastraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 09:44   #3123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj View Post
Regarding Philips xtreme visions performance in the rains, it's exceptional. I had same bulbs in polo and their performance was pathetic, but was pleasantly surprised seeing them perform in the city. I think the city's reflector assembly has good spread with these bulbs. The other option was nightbreakers, but they are really expensive. The high beam is useless though in spite of upgrading.
Yes these Xtreme vision, NB and NB+ give a good throw as well as more light output. The only problem is the expected life which is much less than normal halogen bulbs as per the specification.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 13:56   #3124
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, reflector design influences how the bulb helps in illuminating the road ahead and also the beam spread + pattern be it low beam or high beam.

Expensive yes but the results are worthy when used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Yes these Xtreme vision, NB and NB+ give a good throw as well as more light output. The only problem is the expected life which is much less than normal halogen bulbs as per the specification.
I would recommend the Philips Xtreme Vision over the Osram NB and NB+.

It is reliable and strong-going on my Swift.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 10:26   #3125
BHPian

One observation on my car. When the headlights are switched on and I turn the steering to the right or left fully until it reaches the end, I'm seeing a slight dimming of headlights.

I notified this to the service center, and they said this is normal. The reason being, the steering is electrical assisted and has a motor. When fully turning the motor draws more power and this causes the headlights to slightly dim.

Has anyone noticed this? Just needed to make sure if this is an issue or not.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 5th November 2014 at 10:29.
Old 5th November 2014, 10:28   #3126
Senior - BHPian

New City with split chrome grill looks much better than the single large ugly chrome tooth.
Old 5th November 2014, 10:43   #3127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Thanks for the feedback A lot of us on the forum are wanting to hear more on how these options perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I would recommend the Philips Xtreme Vision over the Osram NB and NB+.
It is reliable and strong-going on my Swift.
Anurag.
I have gone ahead and ordered the Osram NB Unlimited for the Low Beam(H11). I will evaluate and decide on what to go for the High Beam. Is there any catch in using NB U for the Low Beam and going for Xtreme Vision for High Beams? Given that both are built to spec - there should not be - but just checking

Quote:
Thanks that's helpful! I have gone in for the NBU - will share my experience once I receive it and install it.
Old 5th November 2014, 14:28   #3128
BHPian

Vsrivatsa, the xtreme vision in high beams are utter useless. But I am curious to know the performance of nightbreakers in high beam.
Old 5th November 2014, 14:36   #3129
Senior - BHPian

For me low beam in Stock bulbs is just adequate. It's the high beam which I am not satisfied with on high speeds. So, is it advisable to go for Xtreme vision in high beam?
Old 5th November 2014, 15:18   #3130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
For me low beam in Stock bulbs is just adequate. It's the high beam which I am not satisfied with on high speeds. So, is it advisable to go for Xtreme vision in high beam?
Yes. I am also of the opinion that if a change is warranted in New City then it should be High Beam. For me Low beam throw and illumination look adequate and High beam fair enough, though I would feel more happy with a better illumination and throw of High Beam .
Old 5th November 2014, 15:57   #3131
BHPian

Since its related to City, posting here. My original car cover is torn in the bonnet covering region and need to purchase a good one. Which one do you recommend. Online or dealer?
Old 5th November 2014, 17:04   #3132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
One observation on my car. When the headlights are switched on and I turn the steering to the right or left fully until it reaches the end, I'm seeing a slight dimming of headlights.

Adarsh you might have observed something similar when you try to operate the power windows with the headlights on.As per me this is normal and nothing much to worry. Also important things to check are is the horn sounding the same & is your car still starting with 1/2 or 1 crank in the morning's. If you notice any issues here then it is more concerning . It is good to check if the battery comes in with a self indicator and if it showing any signs. Anyways it is always suggested to top it up periodically with distilled water available at any fuel pump for about Rs 20 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Since its related to City, posting here. My original car cover is torn in the bonnet covering region and need to purchase a good one. Which one do you recommend. Online or dealer?
Hello There ,

Unless you are very particular about the H logo I would advice you to get it from the open market rather than the Dealer , as I am sure we will get better quality for lesser price.

cheers ,
pdma.
Old 5th November 2014, 19:10   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
As I said earlier xtreme vision is much better than stock bulbs in low beam. The brightness levels really helped me in the rains.High beam both are the same, so upgrading to xtreme vision doesn't help. Still searching for a good bulb for high beam, probably with higher wattage should help.
fastraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 20:11   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Unless you are very particular about the H logo I would advice you to get it from the open market rather than the Dealer
My original cover doesn't have the Honda logo, just the word City in the bonnet region. I can let go it. But when checked on Snapdeal, can see many variants of car covers for City. Which one should I choose.
Old 5th November 2014, 21:46   #3135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
It is good to check if the battery comes in with a self indicator and if it showing any signs. Anyways it is always suggested to top it up periodically with distilled water available at any fuel pump for about Rs 20 .
Am I Missing something here? As far as I know, in today's world none of the cars or bikes come with wet batteries (Batteries which require filling up of distilled water).

All cars and bikes come with a dry battery which does not require any topping up of distilled or anything.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed