Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2015, 16:57   #3571
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Seran, Verna is not cramped at the rear. There is enough space for the knees. But the main problem is thigh support and low seating. The 2015 Verna has addressed the thigh support factor as per some reviews but continues to sit low. But even the Honda City feels lower at the rear, but any day better than Verna. Ciaz has a higher seating position but not enough thigh support. Can't find the best combination unfortunately.

Verna has an AT Diesel as well as Vento and Rapid. But, the point is if you are looking for greater FE from Diesel cars, then AT's may not help much. Verna returns just over 15 as per Autocar review. Not much idea on the new Vento and Rapid DSGs. Apart from this Verna Diesel has substantially higher maintenance costs as per the chat I had with Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum about an year back. Vento and Rapid are supposed to be anyways having higher maintenance costs.
Hi Adarsh, thanks for your feedback. I had some positives about Verna. It had AT Diesel, very affordable price and the show room cum service point was at walkable distance from my residence. The rear leg room (after seeing City first) was not to the liking of my family. I had no such worries as I being the driver I would not be hampered much . Another point that I was worried was the reliability of the VGT as there were reports that it failed after 2 years of run and all that. High speed stability was not much of a concern as I am a very sedate driver. They did not have a 2014 version of test drive car and I had to drive an old 2013 model that never impressed me. So that made me remove it from the list of probables .

Last edited by Seran Manian : 16th February 2015 at 17:07.
Old 18th February 2015, 17:00   #3572
BHPian

Update - Got the VIN February 2015 it is. I told I would be holding the last payment till I inspect the car personally.
Old 19th February 2015, 21:45   #3573
Geo
BHPian

Has anybody checked the differences in power/performance and milage between the 'Auto' mode and regular A/C? Is there any difference at all?
Old 20th February 2015, 01:24   #3574
Senior - BHPian

Check out this latest video review of the Diesel city on youtube

Last edited by for_cars1 : 20th February 2015 at 01:25.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 13:34   #3575
BHPian

Hi all

can some one please post the pictures of Honda City "Orchid White Pearl" color if you happen to have? I have looked on the internet, but not many.

Also - the pictures posted by GTO on the first page of the review are "Orchid While Pearl", right? (below the variant vs. features table). I have matched it with the one on the Honda brochure and looks like the same, however, at the time of review this color was not available. All this is a bit confusing and we liked the color as shown in the review pictures on page 1 (above).

Some where on the page 56, some one mentioned this color as "Silver" - adding confusion to the confusion. Honda dealer do not have any pictures to show off as well.

Thanks people.
Old 20th February 2015, 17:29   #3576
BHPian

Does anyone have any information on the front and rear speakers wattage capacity?

I have JBL (two oval and two round speakers) in my Wagon R. Planning to put those round speakers in the rear of City.

I guess the oval speakers cannot be installed in City.

Please provide information if you have on this.

Thanks.
Old 21st February 2015, 10:27   #3577
BHPian

I went ahead and replaced the stock headlamps on our iVtec V-MT. The stock bulbs are from Osram for the Low beam and Philips for the high beam. I replaced them with Osram NBUs and there is a fair difference in the output. Am not all that happy with the output now but I'm just satisfied. The stock bulbs are atrociously dim for highway use and the fog lamps seem to have no impact on the visibility.

I still haven't taken the car to a highway after dark so a lot is left to be seen wrt the performance of the NBUs.

I'm due for the 3rd service on 31-Feb-15... Yes you read that right.. That's what the sticker says and the folks at Honda Service aren't even bothered to verify if thats a valid date!!! Anyways, back to topic, I'm also planning on getting the stock horn replaced. The current horn goes weak after honking for more than 3sec and the tone changes as if the battery is going dead. Will get this fixed or get those trumpet (aka Skoda) horns fitted. I just hope they stock those as an accessory.
Old 21st February 2015, 10:49   #3578
BHPian

I went ahead and changed the stock low beams with Phillips Xtreme Vision, but didn't bother with changing the high beams as elsewhere on the thread I had read about this change not being so effective owing to the way the light assembly is designed.
Old 21st February 2015, 11:35   #3579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Does anyone have any information on the front and rear speakers wattage capacity?

I have JBL (two oval and two round speakers) in my Wagon R. Planning to put those round speakers in the rear of City.

I guess the oval speakers cannot be installed in City.

Please provide information if you have on this.

Thanks.
Oval speakers can be installed but that will involve cutting the parcel tray and the metal portion below it , relocating the boot release cables.
I don't think its worth all the effort and you should instead get components installed in the rear door.
Which Round speakers do you have ? If you have the V variant i'll suggest you better stick with the OEM speakers as they are pretty good themselves , unless ofcourse you want to change all the speakers , add amplifiers and subwoofer.
Old 21st February 2015, 12:00   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Oval speakers can be installed but that will involve cutting the parcel tray and the metal portion below it , relocating the boot release cables.
I don't think its worth all the effort and you should instead get components installed in the rear door.
Which Round speakers do you have ? If you have the V variant i'll suggest you better stick with the OEM speakers as they are pretty good themselves , unless ofcourse you want to change all the speakers , add amplifiers and subwoofer.
I have the VX variant. The rear speakers are not good at all. Sound is too less. That's why I thought of putting the round speakers of JBL (which is now installed at the front of my Wagon R) at the rear of my City. Front speakers of City are good.

Yes, you're right it's not worth cutting those parcel trays and installing the oval. Dropped that idea.
Old 21st February 2015, 12:53   #3581
BHPian

Just got informed that the vehicle would be arriving at the yard today or tomorrow. The wait begins Getting the vinyl flooring (Rs. 3000 as quoted by dealer) done free. I haggled more saying that another member was given even more discounts and they agreed to give me some more freebies

My nature is like, once I take a decision after deliberations, I stick to it. Now, a passing thought went through mind asking myself that if I should've gone for the CVT itself in November before I decided for Ecosport. At that time, CVT was not even in consideration. Driving means a lot to me as its a form of relaxation/ indulgence/ passion. Guess most of us feel the same way Feeling more involved in the purchase of City than I was during the purchase of Ecosport.
Old 21st February 2015, 22:11   #3582
BHPian

Noticed a strange noise today while turning the steering wheel in a tight turn. A kind of rubbing noise. It was not happening constantly but intermittently especially when turning the steering from end to end a couple of times. Has anybody else noticed this?
Old 24th February 2015, 10:31   #3583
BHPian

Guys, its time for insurance renewal. The car would be completing 1 year this march 6th. Currently, i have the insurance from Honda Assure, they are quoting 25.5 for renewal (honda assure nil dep from bajaj allianz) for an IDV of 7.2lacs. Hdfc ergo is offering 21k for the same idv (nil dep).

I'm confused. Should I go for nil dep or comprehensive? Which company?
How is hdfc ergo?

Please suggest.
Old 24th February 2015, 10:57   #3584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Guys, its time for insurance renewal. The car would be completing 1 year this march 6th. Currently, i have the insurance from Honda Assure, they are quoting 25.5 for renewal (honda assure nil dep from bajaj allianz) for an IDV of 7.2lacs. Hdfc ergo is offering 21k for the same idv (nil dep).

I'm confused. Should I go for nil dep or comprehensive? Which company?
How is hdfc ergo?

Please suggest.
Did the quote come via the Honda Dealer or directly from Bajaj. When my Vento TSI was up for renewal late last year, I went to the Bajaj Allianz site directly and got a quote and renewed online. There were plenty of other quotes which were lower- But not much of a difference (unlike the new car insurance where there is a huge difference between what the dealer gives and what you get outside). Hence, I felt it would give a better peace of mind to continue with the provider which is the primary option for the dealer/company.

Definitely go for 0 Dep.
Old 24th February 2015, 11:50   #3585
BHPian

I got the quote from dealer (honda assure) who have tie up with bajaj allianz and other companies.
Hdfc ergo is not having tie up with honda assure.

Most Viewed