Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:47   #3631
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Did the PDI of my Silver VX MT iDTEC on Saturday. The car was brought to the Sundaram Honda showroom. Did a thorough inspection and was satisfied with the vehicle. The odometer showed 22 km. Registration to be done tomorrow - 04/Mar. Though I have taken my camera for taking photos, somehow in my excitement I totally forgot to take any snaps. Observed some dirt on the carpet on driver side. Naveen assured it will be cleaned before delivery. Awaiting eagerly to take delivery of the car.

I have been searching for Trunk Mat for Honda city and found Digifit based at Hyderabad are manufacturing these mats. Checked with them for delivery in Chennai and got the contact details:

Name: Akhil Kumar

Mobile: 9884373946

Contacted him and ordered a mat. The cost is Rs.650/-. It will be delivered to my home. Digifit 3D mats are also available.

PS: Please note I am no way connected to Digifit or Akhil.
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:35   #3632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastraj View Post
I am in awe when I see a golden brown city. I wanted it so bad but couldn't stand the waiting period so settled for silver v. Any darkish alloys look good on that colour, especially the stance of the car changes too. Good choice Amit. Btw did u get it from saifee and how much, because I almost bought the same design last month.
I bought it from a Tyre store here in Chennai. It costed 29k for a set of 4 alloy wheels. They took my stock alloys for 15K. So, I paid the difference.
Old 3rd March 2015, 22:07   #3633
Distinguished - BHPian

27k km update

After 3 sidewall failures, I finally called the bluff of the stock XM1+ and upgraded the tires. Switched to Michelin XM2, 205/60R15. Got a superb deal on them, 4 tires costing 21.5 grand, complete with alignment and balancing. Its a size bigger than the normal upsize (195/60R15) but is still within range at +3% of the spec.

Initial impressions:

- Much better looks. The undertired look is history. Car looks beefier and the wheel arches are properly filled

- Steering is as light as before. No change whatsoever.

- Does not foul with wheel arches or jumping rod or fenders, even at full steering lock

- Car sits a good half an inch higher than before. No more scraping on full load

- Drive is much quieter. Significant reduction in road noise.

- Drastic improvement in ride comfort. What used to thud before is now reduced to minor pitter-patter. Imperfections and patch work that were distinctly felt before are hardly noticeable. The car actually feels Linea good now, the change is so stark. I played around with the tire pressures and have found a sweet spot at 30psi in all four, solo usage.

- No change in pick-up or gear shift points, at least not in urban traffic.

Another point noticed is that the front brake pads are completely worn out. I had been finding the brakes rather spongy and weak of late but had never imagined that the pads will wear out in under 30k km. The car is used almost exclusively on highways and I am not a very aggressive driver. Still, the pads are finished. Replacement scheduled at the 30000km service.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 3rd March 2015 at 22:21.
Old 4th March 2015, 11:36   #3634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post

With sun-roof on City, I'd be able to feel the drops right on my head Random shots as it rained on Friday evening.

Attachment 1345523
Attachment 1345524

Wow! your pics look nice. That open roof with water droplets under the blue sky should create a nice ambient lighting in your cabin.

Last edited by Carpainter : 4th March 2015 at 11:39.
Old 4th March 2015, 12:12   #3635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBabu View Post
Did the PDI of my Silver VX MT iDTEC on Saturday. The car was brought to the Sundaram Honda showroom. Did a thorough inspection and was satisfied with the vehicle. The odometer showed 22 km. PS: Please note I am no way connected to Digifit or Akhil.
Awaiting delivery and fully excited? . All the best. Do post some pictures. They do an okay job at TVS Mount Road. Any serious issues if you come across Naveen will be of immense help.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2015, 14:16   #3636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
27k km update

After 3 sidewall failures, I finally called the bluff of the stock XM1+ and upgraded the tires. Switched to Michelin XM2, 205/60R15.

Another point noticed is that the front brake pads are completely worn out. I had been finding the brakes rather spongy and weak of late but had never imagined that the pads will wear out in under 30k km. The car is used almost exclusively on highways and I am not a very aggressive driver. Still, the pads are finished. Replacement scheduled at the 30000km service.
I believe yours is a DTEC. Is there any noticeable change in FE with these plus size tyres?

I guess the brake pads will last only till 25K to 30K max. But again not sure completely, but I used to change the brake pads of my earlier Accent every 25000 kms or so.
Old 5th March 2015, 22:06   #3637
BHPian

One of my friends is getting his City delivered on this Sunday. And he was asked to pay 12k extra today when he went for his payment settling.
Reason: Honda has stopped Taffeta White. And has introduced its Orchid White Pearl (Metallic)

The new white being metallic. He has been asked to pay the extra ₹!

Anybody had the same experience? I would really like to see a comparison photo of Taffeta and Orchid.
Old 6th March 2015, 00:12   #3638
BHPian

Got my 4th service done today at the end of one year for my VX CVT. Had to pay 4441 (including 300 for wheel balance weights). I had a free voucher from the dealership for wheel balancing and alignment but that apparently does not include the weights which the service centre charged 300 for. They also included cleaning of carburetor path and fuel injectors which they were earlier skiing money for
Old 6th March 2015, 08:01   #3639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2prashan View Post
One of my friends is getting his City delivered on this Sunday. And he was asked to pay 12k extra today when he went for his payment settling.
Reason: Honda has stopped Taffeta White. And has introduced its Orchid White Pearl (Metallic)

I would really like to see a comparison photo of Taffeta and Orchid.
White being white, I don't think any photo will bring out the difference clearly between the standard white and metallic pearl white. However if Honda's pearl white is similar to Toyota's pearl white, then it should be brilliant and definitely way better than the standard plain Jane white.
Old 6th March 2015, 08:44   #3640
BHPian

Quote:
One of my friends is getting his City......I would really like to see a comparison photo of Taffeta and Orchid.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-ct.jpg

^Both the shades of white are shown to be available on the site.
It's more like a case of metallic white being in stock at the dealership which they want to sell-off rather than the non-metallic one and hence they came up with that reason.
Old 6th March 2015, 12:55   #3641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Wow! your pics look nice. That open roof with water droplets under the blue sky should create a nice ambient lighting in your cabin.
Thank you buddy

Quote:

Anybody had the same experience? I would really like to see a comparison photo of Taffeta and Orchid.
As I took delivery of my City, my SA informed that they had a Pearl White which had come the previous day. I inspected it casually and found it to be bit more 'deep' and had a slight metallic feel. Personally, I feel that the Taffeta White would be more brighter than Pearl White
Old 6th March 2015, 12:58   #3642
BHPian

Quote:

The Honda City Website shows Rs 6000 extra only for metallic versions even today (It was same in last August when I purchased). So the dealer needs to be questioned for the extra 6000 he claims.
Old 6th March 2015, 14:19   #3643
BHPian

Since Honda city does not offer navigation even in the VX trim, I want to use my own Garmin for navigation when needed. This is for my yet to be delivered VX ivtec. I think city doesn't have a lighter socket too. So, how can I power my Garmin? Any ideas?
Old 6th March 2015, 14:52   #3644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
Since Honda city does not offer navigation even in the VX trim, I want to use my own Garmin for navigation when needed. This is for my yet to be delivered VX ivtec. I think city doesn't have a lighter socket too. So, how can I power my Garmin? Any ideas?
Ravin,

It has 2 power sockets, one in the rear under the AC Vent and one in the front under the AC Control Panel along with a USB port and a Aux Cable pin.

Regards,
Amit
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 14:52   #3645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinemala View Post
City SV has one accessory socket, the VX too should have the same number or probably more. So have no worries, Happy Navigating!
sun_king is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed