Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 14:08   #3691
BANNED

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Finally my City has been delivered today. Such a nice feeling. Thank you team-bhp for helping me make my decision.
looking amazing. I always wanted the city :(
But i bought Mahindra thar. WANNA EXCHANGE

Are you going for a tyre upsize? i suggest you change them asap. current City tyres are too slim. get 185s. mileage will be reduced by 1-2 kmpl but in long run and highway drives, it will be better.

the moment i upgraded to 31" Hankook Dynapro MTs, my ride quality improved ( i am comparing Thar with City - but i think this holds true for most of the cars).
i have also driven the City with stock tyres and upsized tyres. Difference in handling and confidence was noticable.
sukhi29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 15:11   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
Congratulations Carpainter, It looks so grand. Especially the Golden Metallic Brown.
Thank you very much. The colour is actually Urban Titanium. The photo was taken at dusk so the picture is not doing justice to the shade. It does look shiny as it's new and when look closely, the metallic paint does look good. May be not as good as your Golden Brown though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhi29 View Post

Are you going for a tyre upsize?
Difference in handling and confidence was noticable.
Thank you Sukhi. The car feels good but frankly I'm in the honeymoon period with my car right now so can't really complain much about it. And yes I've upgraded the tyre to 195/60 R15 P3ST the day I bought the car. But I can't feel the difference because the distance from the showroom to the tyreshop was less than 2kms, that too in moderate traffic.

Last edited by noopster : 13th March 2015 at 15:30. Reason: As requested
Old 13th March 2015, 16:11   #3693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Follow the manual and do everything that HONDA recommends in it. You should be good with it.

In addition I had asked them to do a 3M treatment coating on the bottom to protect metal against rust & pebbles and stones hitting and chipping the paint.

You can also ask for rotating the tires.
Thanks geotracks. I see that you're located in Hyderabad. If yes, would you be able to suggest any good independent alloy wheel alignment and balancing centres in Hyd? I do not want to get this done at the dealer workshop.
Old 13th March 2015, 17:31   #3694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Can we replace 175 width tyres on SV variant with 195/60-15? I hope steel wheel rim width is 5.5J atleast.
The width of the steel rims of the lower models and the alloys of the V and VX is identical. 195/60R15 is a direct fit. I am using 205/60R15 on the stock alloys and that also works very nicely, no issues whatsoever.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 00:36   #3695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The width of the steel rims of the lower models and the alloys of the V and VX is identical. 195/60R15 is a direct fit. I am using 205/60R15 on the stock alloys and that also works very nicely, no issues whatsoever.
The service advisor at my Honda rep- Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon advised against any size of tyre upgrade beyond size 185 in order not to void warranty. I had opted for a 4 year warranty and didn't want to take a chance then. Have you confirmed with your dealership that the warranty remains intact after the upgrade that you have made?
Old 14th March 2015, 08:49   #3696
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
The service advisor at my Honda rep- Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon advised against any size of tyre upgrade beyond size 185 in order not to void warranty.
Yeah, dealers do that. I am surprised at how these multinationals make fools out of us indian customers.

165s on a honda city!!! What a joke. What happens when you hit highways? The air inside tyres heats and expands. And if tyre bursts at high speed - You know what will happen.
companies will put small tyres to increasr fuel efficiency At the cost of safety and when someome wants to replace them, he/she cant do it without losing warranty!!!

even my mahindra dealer advised me not to go for tyre upgrade On thar, little did he know thar needs bigger wider tyres! He said warranty will void.
i said i will see mahindra in court if anything happened to my jeep post installation of bigger tyres.
i am not an off road enthusiast, I just like big butch jeeps and SUVs. its more about the look and feel.

these dealers are agents of companies. They say what company asks them to tell.

185s are just perfect for the city. Go for them. My swift petrol has 185s and the very day i got them installed, fuel efficiency was hit marginally, but handling and stability increased to my pleasure.

and dont worry about the warranty. You have bought a honda for christ's sake. It will outlast you if kept in good shape.

ques: Wasn't The ciaz considered?
Old 14th March 2015, 10:33   #3697

Hi everyone. I got my Honda VMT last week. Yesterday i hooked up my USB pen drive (HP 8GB v210w). The HU detected the drive and started playing music (mp3) from the folders. However i notice frequent disconnection/pause while playing music. its quite absurd. I formatted the drive (FAT32), checked for system errors and reconnected. still the same issue.

has anyone had issues playing music from usb drives? specifically related to frequent pauses during play?

thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 15:20   #3698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, dealers do that. I am surprised at how these multinationals make fools out of us indian customers.

165s on a honda city!!! What a joke. What happens when you hit highways? The air inside tyres heats and expands. And if tyre bursts at high speed - You know what will happen.
companies will put small tyres to increasr fuel efficiency At the cost of safety and when someome wants to replace them, he/she cant do it without losing warranty!!!

these dealers are agents of companies. They say what company asks them to tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
The service advisor at my Honda rep- Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon advised against any size of tyre upgrade beyond size 185 in order not to void warranty. I had opted for a 4 year warranty and didn't want to take a chance then. Have you confirmed with your dealership that the warranty remains intact after the upgrade that you have made?
That's BS on the dealer's part. Warranty on the steering and suspension can be compromised if you make ANY change to the stock tire size. Saying that warranty go only if you go bigger than 185 is a lie.

What they do not tell you is just how badly under-tired the City actually is. You realize this only once you actually upgrade and then see the difference for yourself. I got Michelins with my car, not MRFs or Bridgestones. I had 3 tire failures within 28k km, after which I called their bluff and upgraded the rubber.

The improvements in ride quality, grip, agility, road noise, overall confidence and even ground clearance are very real and are well worth going through whatever warranty complications that may (or may not) arise in future. Incidentally, I had also opted for the extended warranty!

I will strongly advise all City owners to upgrade to 195/60R15 or 205/60R15, especially if you drive on highways or bad roads often.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 14th March 2015 at 15:25.
Old 14th March 2015, 17:04   #3699
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post

Thank you Sukhi. The car feels good but frankly I'm in the honeymoon period with my car right now so can't really complain much about it.
you own one of the best vehicles ever built. I wish i was wise enough to buy the city as my only car OR rich enough to buy it as second car. I simply love it. Its got the sexiest rear of all cars in india!

have you tested the fuel efficiency? My friend's car is delivering 20/23 Kmpl city/highway (without ac)

what about urs?
sukhi29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 17:07   #3700
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishboneAsh View Post
Hi everyone. I got my Honda VMT last week. Yesterday i hooked up my USB pen drive (HP 8GB v210w). The HU detected the drive and started playing music (mp3) from the folders. However i notice frequent disconnection/pause while playing music. its quite absurd. I formatted the drive (FAT32), checked for system errors and reconnected. still the same issue.

thanks
Take it to your dealer. Honda dealers treat their customers with utmost priority. Even after closing the sale. If its a minor niggle, dealer itself will ask someone to rectify it free of cost.
otherwise take it to ASC with a prior appointment. Get it checked. And replaced under warranty.
Old 14th March 2015, 17:17   #3701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However i notice frequent disconnection/pause while playing music. its quite absurd. I formatted the drive (FAT32), checked for system errors and reconnected. still the same issue.
Some players are allergic to higher KB/Sec files, typically 320kbps and above. Check if the error is reading one of such files. If yes, then just convert the files to 128/192/256 KBPS files. You can use batch converters available freely over the net for file conversion.

Regards,
Saket
Old 15th March 2015, 01:26   #3702
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday i hooked up my USB pen drive (HP 8GB v210w). The HU detected the drive and started playing music (mp3) from the folders. However i notice frequent disconnection/pause while playing music. its quite absurd.

thanks
I remember when i went to take a test drive of the car i wanted to check the sound quality of the music system in the city. I had the same problem when i connected my HP 32GB pen drive.I asked about the issue and the sales person just kept of saying that there is some problem with the pen drive however it worked normally in my car.
Old 15th March 2015, 21:47   #3703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
A friend lost 4 of his City's Wheel covers last week. Can't believe that people still steal wheel covers!

Honda OEM wheel cover costs 850/piece while the below one in Shop Clues offers 4 for 850.

http://www.shopclues.com/premium-qua...t-of-4pcs.html

Has anyone ordered similar stuff from shopclues? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Update: Friend got the wheels caps on COD and they look good at 1/4 of the OEM price.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img20150315wa0002.jpg  

Old 16th March 2015, 09:57   #3704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Honda Assure does not provide any discount directly on the Insurance premium, but some of the dealers while renewing the insurance provide Cash back. (Something which I got from the Dealer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Exactly my point. The discount is from the dealer's side. The price as printed on the policy is not the final price, and one can realistically negotiate to around 70-75% of what they initially quote. The so called discount is a part of the dealer's commission.
Update on my Insurance Renewal:

After a week of negotiations, they finally agreed to give me a discount of 1,100 rupees! I got the premium lowered further by striking off the Engine Protect Plus (basically the Hydrolock protection), because during the rains I don't wade into flowing water with my Empress, so there's no chance of this happening with me. I am a careful driver for the most part.

The IDV remains the same though. They requested me not to increase it because in case of total loss, the surveyor goes by the present IDV value given by IRDA, and not by the increased IDV value. So any/all extra premium I pay for it, would have gone to waste. (Related thread)

Final premium comes to 25,100-odd for the whole package, and they have asked me to pay 24,000 for the same. Seems like a good deal, so I am going ahead with it and sticking with Honda Assure.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 13:56   #3705
BHPian

Quote:
you own one of the best vehicles ever built. I wish i was wise enough to buy the city as my only car OR rich enough to buy it as second car. I simply love it. Its got the sexiest rear of all cars in india!

have you tested the fuel efficiency? My friend's car is delivering 20/23 Kmpl city/highway (without ac)

what about urs?
Thank you Sir! I'm sure you'll buy the City one day specially when its midlife makeover will come in a years time.

Regarding mileage, the car is fairly new. I haven't crossed 200kms yet. So far my mid shows 8.5kmpl average with AC on 90% of the time. Mine is a petrol so it's hard to get 20+ from the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks