Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2015, 13:38   #3886
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Yes. It is 2 different things you are comparing. One is average of the small trip you did. Extrapolating that to the vehicle fuel average.

Stretching the logic to the other end, for example, if you are stuck in a traffic jam for an hour and the vehicle moved just a km and fuel consumed in 0.5 Ltr as the engine was continously running, can we consider that the vehicle's fuel average is 2 kmpl only. It is the same way you can't consider a short trip as the benchmark of fuel average. When you calculate with a larger distance, the anomalies get reduced, still not removed.
Old 4th May 2015, 15:42   #3887
MMX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
A Quick question on starting the VX CVT Automatic in the right way.

Apparently when I took the delivery of my Bronco (ANHC Petrol Automatic) the Sales Agent advised me to Push Start the Car in a 3 phase process-
1. Push the Start button once without depressing the brake.
2. Push the Start button a second time to see all the electrical components / lights to turn on without depressing the Brake.
3. Finally PRESS the brake and Push the Start button to hear the Roar of the Engine coming alive.

The Sales Agent said that this way of starting the Car gives the engine a stage-wise progression of starting just like it would start if it was a key-start. He says the Honda recommends all their customers to start the CAR in this fashion.

Can you all confirm if this REALLY is the best way to start the Car or can we directly start the car with the first Push of the button and depressing the Brake.
Re-posting as I didn't get any reply.

Can you share your thoughts.
Old 5th May 2015, 06:09   #3888
BHPian

Quote:

Hi. This is a totally unheard way. The button is there to provide access to different modes similar to turning the key. You are totally fine pressing the button once and let the engine roar. That's how it's supposed to be.
knight.rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 11:24   #3889
BHPian

Giving my car for the first service (1 month / 1,000 kms today). The pick up person came to inspect the car before driving it away to the service station and pointed out to me that the rear bumper had come loose!!

I do not remember banging the car anywhere while reversing. There exists a possibility that the valet guys in the office parking lot / restaurants / hotels may have done it. But there are only very minor scratches (not easily visible even though this is a golden brown colour, unless one gets close and checks) on the bumper which show there may have been an impact. I wonder whether this is also a sign of poor build quality of the new city that a relatively minor impact may make the bumper come loose?

I have already driven a 1000 kms in the past one month. I don't really feel the drive is very smooth (Mine is a petrol AT and I drive largely in the D mode at speeds between 40-60). I keep on getting a feeling that something is brushing against something else inside. Can't really explain it - have asked the service guys to check. Let's see how it feels to drive when the car is back from service.

Also feel brakes aren't tight enough and the braking distance is more than what I would like it to be. So have asked that to be checked.

Other than that, I haven't really faced so far other issues that have been discussed in this forum which are a few known niggles in the City. Let's see if I come across them as I drive more.
Old 5th May 2015, 12:37   #3890
BHPian

My new Petrol VMT also has rear bumper loosely fitted in RH side. I pointed out that while taking delivery. They offered to open the bumper and refix it. I declined as I did not want a brand new car getting in the hand of mechanic before delivery, and also the issue was minor. They have showed me that in most of the car this problem exists. Will have to attend to this in first service which is due in 10 days.
Old 5th May 2015, 16:20   #3891
BHPian

Quote:

I have been pressing my start button and the car purrs to life for almost a year now without any problem. Common sense and logic in design seems to say to me that ,that's the way to do it
Old 6th May 2015, 17:11   #3892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keviv View Post
I have already driven a 1000 kms in the past one month. I don't really feel the drive is very smooth (Mine is a petrol AT and I drive largely in the D mode at speeds between 40-60). I keep on getting a feeling that something is brushing against something else inside. Can't really explain it - have asked the service guys to check. Let's see how it feels to drive when the car is back from service.
I think the drive will become much smoother after the second free service. I feel it is due to the engine oil. I guess the engine oil is changed with a low friction synthetic one after the second/third service. Other members can confirm. But sometimes it can also be a case of confirmation-bias after hearing some cases of grinding noise coming from the engine. We start to hear stuff which is not there or is harmless Honda should be able to fix it.

Regarding your issues with the braking, even I have felt that sometimes at slower speeds (<40) the bite is not there as it should be. But at higher speeds like (>80) , the braking is very good. I found this very surprising. Since it is my first and only car, I don't have any previous experience of another car to compare. Do you also feel the same ?
Old 7th May 2015, 08:48   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
I think the drive will become much smoother after the second free service. I feel it is due to the engine oil. I guess the engine oil is changed with a low friction synthetic one after the second/third service. Other members can confirm.
The drive actually becomes much smoother after the Engine Oil change in the third free service. First and Second Free Service don't make much noticeable difference in performance.

Engine Oil change is at third Free Service (6 Months / 10K Kms) and not on second free service (3 Months / 5K Kms).

Also to confirm that unless otherwise told to the SA, Honda ASC will not put in synthetic Oil. They will use Idemitsu Mineral Oil which I think is Honda's own make.
Old 7th May 2015, 23:56   #3894
BHPian

Here's a video (from the official website) for the AVN ICE used in the new VX(O) variant.
https://www.hondacarindia.com/AllNewCity/AVNVideo.html

To me, it looks like an aftermarket accessory and not so well integrated like the 5" units used in the V and VX variants. But as always, GPS Maps and touchscreen dialer is a welcome addition.
themonster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 15:53   #3895
BHPian

Folks,

Just wanted to check if the 2015 diesel city is much quieter than the previous year's versions. The showroom guys are claiming that various improvements have been incorporated and hence the car feels much more quieter and refined now.

Wanted to check if anybody has done test drives of 2015 model and how much quieter they really are. Unfortunately the showroom doesn't have a 2015 model for testdrive :(
Old 12th May 2015, 01:48   #3896
Senior - BHPian

The latest video review of the 2015 Honda City (touchscreen HU with satellite navigation) v/s the upgraded Hyundai Verna has a fairly detailed comparison

Last edited by for_cars1 : 12th May 2015 at 01:51.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 18:16   #3897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
Regarding your issues with the braking, even I have felt that sometimes at slower speeds (<40) the bite is not there as it should be. But at higher speeds like (>80) , the braking is very good. I found this very surprising. Since it is my first and only car, I don't have any previous experience of another car to compare. Do you also feel the same ?
No, I haven't felt that way. I found the braking poor even at low speeds.
Old 14th May 2015, 09:36   #3898
BHPian

Hi All

What is the OTR Price of Honda City VX (O) MT Diesel in Bangalore.

My colleague wants to book one and he got a quote from Magnum Honda as 15.18 Lakhs

Yesterday we visited Whitefield Honda and were surprised to get a quote of 14.27 + 10K discount.

Though it was our preliminary enquiry only, but were confused at the price difference

Regards
Old 14th May 2015, 13:11   #3899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Hi All

What is the OTR Price of Honda City VX (O) MT Diesel in Bangalore.

My colleague wants to book one and he got a quote from Magnum Honda as 15.18 Lakhs

Yesterday we visited Whitefield Honda and were surprised to get a quote of 14.27 + 10K discount.

Though it was our preliminary enquiry only, but were confused at the price difference

Regards
Sir, as per the HondaCarIndia website(https://www.hondacarindia.com/ownahonda/pricelist.aspx), the ex-showroom price for the variant you mentioned comes to Rs 12,04,500/. in Bengaluru. Can you check with the price-list you received from Magnum and Whitefield. The ex-showroom price cannot be any different than what I mentioned at either of the places. Now, the OTR price includes Road Tax + Insurance + Handling/ Delivery charges + Extended Warranty + Road Side Assisntance. An optional 0 dep insurance component if desired so and at times some accessories that are termed as required. While that can change from dealer to dealer, the percentage of change in your case seems to be too high. There definitely seems to have been something wrong. Do seek a clarification from Magnum guys.
Old 15th May 2015, 10:31   #3900
BHPian

Insurance Renewal

Friends,

My car's insurance renewal is due this month. Currently I'm having Honda Assure Bumper to Bumper policy affiliated with Royal Sundaram. The first year premium was 35000+.

Below is the quote I have received for renewal. NCB is not applicable for me since I'd claims.

Bumper to Bumper : 31983
Normal Comprehensive Cover : 24523
Hydro static Lock Coverage (Optional) : 1195

There is a difference of 7460 rupees between Bumper to Bumper and comprehensive coverage. However, since mine is a VX model with sunroofs, Electric ORVMs, I guess Bumper to Bumper is a safe bet for me and also considering the fact that I'd to claim 3 times this year, all were paint damages including one minor dent repair. Needed to pay only 1000 rupees as claim charges per claim for repairing these.

What confuses me now is whether to go for the hydro static lock coverage considering the monsoons nearing. Not seen any reports of Honda City with hydro static lock issues but have seen for Amaze. Would be great to have your opinion on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks