Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 19:57   #3976
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
That is a huge amount! But, yes, it shows that the treatment was effective.
The amount is not just alone for the paint protection coating. This includes sanding of the body (in this case light sanding since the paint thickness of Honda City is lesser compared to higher end vehicles)
Thorough polishing to remove orange peel effects
GTechniq coating applied twice
Topped up by hydrophobic coating across body and glass areas

Plus labor charges.

Comes with 1 free special wash after 1 week, Sealant treatment and special wash (wash not free) in the 3rd and 6th month.

Yes definitely the amount is on the higher side but considering 3 years guarantee on the coating made me opt for this.
Old 13th June 2015, 20:47   #3977
BHPian

Guys,

My Honda City (i-VTec V-MT) had to have an injury this evening in Hyderabad. One moron in a Tata Safari continued coming to his left onto my car breaking the RH ORVM. The black-casing that is attached to the A-pillar is broken and the ORVM is now dangling . Fortunately, the car had no scratches and ORVM seemed to have borne the entire brunt at least to what I have checked as of yet in dark. Will check in detail tomorrow. Appreciate your help with my following queries

1. Is it required to change the entire unit or can it only be the black housing on the A-pillar?

2. What would be the approximate cost of replacing the unit? When I enquired the price from 2 different showrooms they gave two different price-points. One at 5K and the other at 8K. If anyone can upload the latest accessories' price list please?

3. I could not recover much from that driver but which would be better? Claiming with insurance or going for down-payment? Can anyone help me with the damage to my insurance payment next year if I were to claim through my insurance? My car is 6-months old.

EDIT: I also assume that its better to get this repair done at the dealer's workshop itself? Am I correct?

Thanks.

Last edited by OwnersPride : 13th June 2015 at 20:55.
Old 14th June 2015, 02:02   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adik1984 View Post
Dear BHP-ians ,

... the door beading which bind the door and the silhouette of seat angle is coming off..first it was the rear door behind the driver's. Then 2 days back, the whole beading of driver side door fell off, after i opened the door . Is it normal or does this incline towards the heat factor?
I faced this issue once during the second month.
The rear right door beading came off when a person getting inside brushed his back (must have been with force) against the beading near the seat and it came off the metal base. Then once I had the driver side beading come off a bit.

I reported the same during the second service and got them fixed the beadings have never come off again (touch wood)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th June 2015 at 11:31. Reason: Removed an unwanted word - could be mistook for an expletive. Thanks!
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 11:20   #3979
BHPian

Exactly in the 1 year anniversary of my June 2014 SV MT iVTec, the rain water seepage is back just as the rains have begun. Last year the problem was thought to be fixed, but the monsoons got over as well & thorough real-world testing did not happen. Hate this :( SO far last year they changed the door beadings, speaker fitting packing, and few other things - but they have not yet fixed the issue. Any suggestions on what I can do ?
Old 14th June 2015, 11:57   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Exactly in the 1 year anniversary of my June 2014 SV MT iVTec, the rain water seepage is back just as the rains have begun. Last year the problem was thought to be fixed, but the monsoons got over as well & thorough real-world testing did not happen. Hate this :( SO far last year they changed the door beadings, speaker fitting packing, and few other things - but they have not yet fixed the issue. Any suggestions on what I can do ?
This is awful. I am not sure, but can't you try in another Honda service center?
Old 15th June 2015, 10:58   #3981
BHPian

I'm in the need of a car cover and have enquired at the Honda showroom. Mine is a 2010 Honda City V-AT model and the showroom only has a car cover that suits current gen City and says it may be big in size for the previous gen city.

As far as i remember, the current gen city and previous gen city have similar external dimensions, if not same dimensions. What do you guys recommend. Can i go for the current gen city car cover for my previous gen city? Need suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th June 2015, 11:28   #3982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I faced this issue once during the second month.
The rear right door beading came off when a person getting inside brushed his back (must have been with force) against the beading near the seat and it came off the metal base. Then once I had the driver side beading come off a bit.

I reported the same during the second service and got them fixed the beadings have never come off again (touch wood)
Thanks for the information. I am perturbed that it jas again popped up yesterday, While taking a rake left turn. My wife touched the door and the door ajar warning light flashed ! It is really scary, i am going to take this up with Honda Cars india today itself. Hopefully the service center might lend ears to this then ,

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th June 2015 at 11:30. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 15th June 2015, 11:31   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I'm in the need of a car cover and have enquired at the Honda showroom. Mine is a 2010 Honda City V-AT model and the showroom only has a car cover that suits current gen City and says it may be big in size for the previous gen city.

As far as i remember, the current gen city and previous gen city have similar external dimensions, if not same dimensions. What do you guys recommend. Can i go for the current gen city car cover for my previous gen city? Need suggestions. Thanks in advance.
I suggest going for the previous gen city car cover, Reason being the Shark fin antenna on the top will be taken care in the present one. You can get a good deal on ebay , amazon etc.
adik1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 11:38   #3984
BHPian

Hi guys

My SV CVT is giving some issues.

1) there is a strange humming noise coming from the wheel wells of the car. My car came with good year 175 tyres which I immediately changed to Yokohama C drive 195/60 R15. I can't say if the noise is due to the tyre change since I have no experience on the stock tyres. I don't think its the tyres since the ride quality is excellent no complaints.

2)there is a squealing noise coming from the brakes when applied.

3) the rear left door rattles

4) there is whinning or whistling noise coming from the engine bay. According to Tejas08 it looks like its the alternator grinding noise.

5) Also there is RUST near the bonnet area where the hinges are which the ASC says is normal
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140815_074625.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140815_074644.jpg  

Last edited by rockporiom : 15th June 2015 at 11:51.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 07:51   #3985
BHPian

After around 2.5 years and 22K+ kms, had to change stock battery on our 2012 Honda City V MT. Had gone out on a weekend and parked. When we came back, the car would not start and no lights on the dashboard.

Called up Honda Roadside Assistance. I had got 4 year Honda Roadside assistance at the time of purchasing our Honda City. This was the first time I had to use Honda Roadside assistance. The call went to Delhi call center. From Delhi they coordinated locally with the technician on duty in Hyderabad. The technician called me and reached within an hour. Jump started the battery and I was on my way back.

Once I reached home after driving 20+ kms, thought the battery would recharge in running. I shut-off the car but it would not start, so that was confirmation that battery needed to be replaced.

Called local Amaron battery dealer for battery replacement. The Amaron technician came on a Amaron branded 2-wheeler with a new battery. Checked the older battery which showed no charge. The stock battery was non-branded called SONIC. The technician fitted the new Amaron Battery and the meter reading showed full charge. Started my Honda City and vvrrrrooommm the engine fired up smoothly.

In summary, good experience with Honda Roadside assistance and happy with Amaron battery replacement prompt service.

Last edited by geotracks : 16th June 2015 at 07:52.
geotracks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 08:10   #3986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
After around 2.5 years and 22K+ kms, had to change stock battery on our 2012 Honda City V MT.
Do check the alternator as well! That's too early for a battery to go bust.
Old 16th June 2015, 09:11   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Any idea how much is the battery warranty? Guess battery won't be covered under the vehicle warranty.
Old 16th June 2015, 13:41   #3988
BHPian

Feel sorry about the incident, I know how it feels when there is no err on our end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnersPride View Post

1. Is it required to change the entire unit or can it only be the black housing on the A-pillar?
Well, that would depend on the quantum of damage. I think the showroom or the service center where its going to be repaired can determine what suits best.

Quote:

2. What would be the approximate cost of replacing the unit? When I enquired the price from 2 different showrooms they gave two different price-points. One at 5K and the other at 8K. If anyone can upload the latest accessories' price list please?
Again, the different service centers could have given the different quotations based on what their understanding of the damage were. It could turn-out once you visit the costlier one, it may not require 8k to be spent to correct it.

Quote:

3. I could not recover much from that driver but which would be better? Claiming with insurance or going for down-payment? Can anyone help me with the damage to my insurance payment next year if I were to claim through my insurance? My car is 6-months old.
In my opinion, not touching the insurance would be wise for any claims less than INR 10k. You could get an NCB of 20% on Own Damage, which should be around INR 6-8k. See this link to understand the NCB:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...no-claim-bonus

Quote:

EDIT: I also assume that its better to get this repair done at the dealer's workshop itself? Am I correct?
Well, IMHO, unless you think you can save more than 50% of the quoted amount on the repair, I don't think its worth going to after-market for this.

Quote:
Called local Amaron battery dealer for battery replacement. The Amaron technician came on a Amaron branded 2-wheeler with a new battery. Checked the older battery which showed no charge. The stock battery was non-branded called SONIC. The technician fitted the new Amaron Battery and the meter reading showed full charge. Started my Honda City and vvrrrrooommm the engine fired up smoothly.

In summary, good experience with Honda Roadside assistance and happy with Amaron battery replacement prompt service.
Good, please do make sure to check that the new battery is getting charged, that is when you know if there is fault with the alternator or the damper pulley/ belt which run the alternator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Not necessarily. Stock batteries usually have a warranty of 1-2 years and no more. Once you get a replacement, you have a choice of picking-up batteries from the vendor and can pick one with around 5 years of warranty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Any idea how much is the battery warranty? Guess battery won't be covered under the vehicle warranty.
Stock batteries usually have a warranty of 1-2 years and no more. No, its clearly mentioned on the owners handbook, neither are tires.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 16th June 2015 at 13:49. Reason: Merging replies!
Old 16th June 2015, 13:46   #3989
BHPian

Mods, please delete this as I was able to merge my replies into an old comment I made earlier today.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 16th June 2015 at 13:52. Reason: Merged replies to an old thread!
Old 16th June 2015, 14:03   #3990
BHPian

Quote:
After around 2.5 years and 22K+ kms, had to change stock battery on our 2012 Honda City V MT. Had gone out on a weekend and parked. When we came back, the car would not start and no lights on the dashboard.
Yes, it seems too early for a car battery to go kaput. I guess, low mileage on the odometer seems to be the cause. I have a 2012ANHC, driven for around 11k. It is now 2 years 7 monhs old, and no battery issues yet. I fear, if I too will witness the same fate soon.

My other car, IndicaV2 DLS (2001) runs a minimum 1500kms every month, since 2008. Believe it or not, the batteries (EXIDE) lasted for more than 5 years.

Mod Note : Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from a word processor (MS Word etc.). That results in a formatting error on our Forum.

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Thanks

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th June 2015 at 14:12.

Most Viewed