Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 22:10   #4231
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
The last that I checked, the K&N filter costed was about 6k I think online.
The item part number 33-3030 for City Petrol is not yet available in India. As per K&N website the listed price is $61.99 and online price is $47.99.

I have emailed to K&N for the available date and price in India. Yet to get a reply.
Old 24th September 2015, 06:43   #4232
BHPian

Ivtec owners,have you ever noticed that the gear knob vibrates and sort of feels like it's grinding when you let your hand lean on it?
This happens in third gear, especially when I'm accelerating. It's very irritating and feels like the gearbox is going to break. Doesn't happen in any other gear.
Old 24th September 2015, 07:53   #4233
BHPian

Finally got installed the shark fin antenna painted in sparkling brown to my City. Costed me 2k. Car's style has enhanced a lot. Along with this, got installed the door visor with chrome plating. This is from Lumax and costed me 1800.
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 08:08   #4234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Finally got installed the shark fin antenna painted in sparkling brown to my City. Costed me 2k. Car's style has enhanced a lot. Along with this, got installed the door visor with chrome plating. This is from Lumax and costed me 1800.
Super. It will be great if you could post some pics, especially the door visor
Old 24th September 2015, 09:56   #4235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
1. Your City's VIN would be part of your RC card/ paper documented as Chassis number, its a 17 letters in length.
2. The link shared will inform you if your car is effected, and if so, the free replacement of the effected part will happen after Oct 12th, 2015. Honda is probably in the mode of transporting the required part from their manufacturing facility all over India.
Thanks Kalyan and Anurag. I checked with my VIN in that link and the update it is not applicable as per that.
Old 25th September 2015, 13:39   #4236

Advice required

Hello everyone. Need an advice urgently. I just finished the PDI of my vx CVT. I have noticed that the gap between front bonnet left edge (along the length of bonnet) and the vehicle body is fairly high as compared to other variants standing alongside. Does it have any serious implications? Can anything be done about it?
Old 25th September 2015, 20:24   #4237
BHPian

Re: Advice required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis155 View Post
Hello everyone. Need an advice urgently. I just finished the PDI of my vx CVT. I have noticed that the gap between front bonnet left edge (along the length of bonnet) and the vehicle body is fairly high as compared to other variants standing alongside. Does it have any serious implications? Can anything be done about it?
Personally, I do not think it will have serious implications. Is the length of the gap consistent across?

1. I would check with the SA to see if the bonnet can be refit to make sure the gap is consistent with the other models.
2. If they cannot do that and assure verbally that its not going to be an issue. I would have them document it in the Warranty booklet themselves.
3. Also, make sure you note it down on the acknowledgement sheet where they make notes on the PDI and hand-over process. They will make you sign this sheet, you can mention this anomaly.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 20:51   #4238

panel gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Personally, I do not think it will have serious implications. Is the length of the gap consistent across?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the gap is consistent. It is on the port side. The thing that worries me is that the panel gap on the starboard side is consistent with other vehicles (may be an mm more if not less) but port side is close to 4-5 mm. It couldn't be a case of improper fitment of bonnet. The SA has assured me that it's not a problem.
I am taking it up in writing of course and definitely annotate it in PDI. I just hope I don't get any more unpleasant surprises after accepting the vehicle. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th September 2015 at 22:11. Reason: Fixing quote.
Old 25th September 2015, 21:52   #4239
BHPian

Re: panel gap

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the gap is consistent. It is on the port side. The thing that worries me is that the panel gap on the starboard side is consistent with other vehicles (may be an mm more if not less) but port side is close to 4-5 mm. It couldn't be a case of improper fitment of bonnet. The SA has assured me that it's not a problem.
I am taking it up in writing of course and definitely annotate it in PDI. I just hope I don't get any more unpleasant surprises after accepting the vehicle. Fingers crossed.

It appears like the bonnet is smaller in size than what was necessary, a manufacturing defect if one can say so.

Your call totally. I guess there wouldn't be any issues with that. But, you will live with it for quite a bit of time. And might get asked about the gap by a lot of folks, esp if they are BHPians.
Old 25th September 2015, 22:08   #4240

Can't believe this can happen with the level of automation in today's world. Would live with the flaw I guess. Poor show Honda.
Old 25th September 2015, 23:07   #4241
BHPian

Quote:
Can't believe this can happen with the level of automation in today's world. Would live with the flaw I guess. Poor show Honda.
Do not lose heart. Check the gap on both sides. If the cumulative gap is less than 1.5-2 cms, the uneven gap on both sides can be adjusted to an extent by the service centre itself. A friend of mine has got the uneven gaps on the boot lid adjusted. They just unscrew the mounting points, realign and fit it back. I'm not very sure about the technical aspects involved but the friend seemed to be quite satisfied with the after effect. U can try it yourself. There's nothing to lose in it. Give it a try
aviator1101 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 00:00   #4242

panel gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Do not lose heart. Check the gap on both sides. If the cumulative gap is less than 1.5-2 cms, the uneven gap on both sides can be adjusted to an extent by the service centre itself. A friend of mine has got the uneven gaps on the boot lid adjusted. They just unscrew the mounting points, realign and fit it back. I'm not very sure about the technical aspects involved but the friend seemed to be quite satisfied with the after effect. U can try it yourself. There's nothing to lose in it. Give it a try
Thanks Aviator1101. Appreciate your advice. In fact, I did ask the guys at the service centre and they suggested the same thing. They might be able to equalise the gap but it would still be more than the usual. However, I decided not to compound my problem of excessive panel gap turning into a bonnet rattle after re-fitment. Maybe I am being a little pessimistic here right now. Will give it a go in due course of time.
The only thing that I am weary about is that will it have any detrimental effect in rains. Technically, it might also increase a small amount of drag I guess, but then, it's not a Ferrari and neither our roads will allow that to happen
@Kalyan_Hyd is right. It would be visible only to a trained eye (read BHPian). So, I will contend with that.
Old 26th September 2015, 07:41   #4243
BHPian

Gentleman, I am going to go for Autoform Seat covers in City V. Does any one have any experience with which specific variant to go for. The place where I am I may not have too many choices. Another question, how does a gear lock fit in the city? I heard Autocop is a known brand? Is that correct? Looking forward to hear from you.
Old 26th September 2015, 13:07   #4244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
Gentleman, I am going to go for Autoform Seat covers in City V. Does any one have any experience with which specific variant to go for.
After having used seat covers in all my previous cars, I realized that its just a habit of out tendency to cover everything up with something. (in the olden days TV with box and shutter, or plastic cover for each and every thing )

So I just decided to use the original seat fabric as it is and its been over a year now and looks quite neat. The original seat fabric in the V model is of a very breathable fabric (sweat dissipation is faster), the material is soft and enhances the comfort level if used as is without any cover.
All that is required is the use of an upholstery cleaner like Formula1 every 4 to 6 months.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 26th September 2015 at 13:35.
Old 26th September 2015, 21:54   #4245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
Gentleman, I am going to go for Autoform Seat covers in City V. Does any one have any experience with which specific variant to go for. The place where I am I may not have too many choices.
I am using Autoform seat covers for my City. Been almost a year now. Do not remember the variant but it gives exactly the same look as the VX leather seat covers. They have tiny pores in them and are really cool as far as sweat dissipation is concerned. I can't say exactly how it works but your back doesn't sweat even after driving continuously for 4-5 hours. Very practical and give a very upmarket feel. U can ask the dealer for the VX model lookalike cover.

Most Viewed