Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2016, 13:19   #4681
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilrs View Post
Hi I have the device. I find it useful to ensure the driver is not abusing the car by taking joyrides or driving rashly. I also use it for service bookings.
You will need to purchase an annual data package within a month or so of buying the car which is approx. Rs. 1250.
This is a very useful device for keeping an eye on the driver, but how accurate is the data you receive? Yes, you have to purchase the annual data pack after a month of usage. The first month is free.

At the moment, I am not totally satisfied. Some of the trips I make are accurately recorded, but most of the times the device seems to wake up after I have already started my journey and on some occasions it does not log any data at all!

Please refer to the screenshots I have posted to see the scenarios which I described above.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4464.png
This is an example of the trip details being logged accurately

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4465.png
Inaccurate data shown. It shows me driving across buildings, fields, etc.!

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4466.png
The device started recording accurately towards the end of the journey (near the 'Park Street' lettering)

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_4467.png
No data recorded

I don't know if this is an issue with just my device or this is normal for all users. Would be grateful for any inputs.
Old 19th March 2016, 09:32   #4682
BHPian

Guys just took the delivery of my car on 17th.

Broad details
Colour: Metallic White
Fuel: Petrol
Model: SV
Dealership: Solitaire Honda - Andheri Mumbai
Landed on Road Cost: INR 10.65 lakhs (including zero dep insurance but excluding Honda Road Side Assistance and extended waaranty)

Additional accessories/ fitments (not from the dealer)
-3D Mats: INR 1100
- JL Audio front components: INR 3500
- Rear Parking senors (white) and camera - INR 4500
- Body cover: INR 1200

Will be posting a detailed update and a thread with pictures soon.
Old 21st March 2016, 11:52   #4683
BHPian

Hi All,

Some jerk stole the ORVMs of my 2014 Honda city VX i-Dtec from a parking. Filed an FIR at the local police and filed for the claim process. Went to Ring Road honda with a Honda assure policy issued by Samara Honda and they refused to honor the claim. They gave some ridiculous excuse of waiting 40 days for a recovery report to be generated before they can process the claim. Had a very bad experience with them definately not recommended .

Then went to Samara Honda with the same process and they processed my claim without any hassles. I am not sure about what Honda Assure means. I think it is all upto the dealers.

Anyway, the total cost of the ORVMs with paint charges and the bracket on which the ORVM rests was 10,900 and since it was a 0 Depreciation policy, i paid 1000/- as file charges.

Overall Thumbs up to Samara Honda and Thumbs down to Ring Road Honda.
Old 22nd March 2016, 09:15   #4684
BHPian

Honda City : Official Review

This is my fourth car and yet once again it's a petrol and yet once again it's an automatic.

Why Automatic?

I drove a friend's manual Baleno for almost a month since I sold my i10 AT and although I got a good hang of gears and gear shifts, in the end I still wondered 'why buy a manual car when you get extra comfort and convenience just for a few bucks more'? Buy an automatic while you can afford. Horribly crowded roads with lot of insane drivers on our roads, bumper to bumper traffic; ain't these enough for justification of an Auto shift?

Deal breaker in few words:
The NVH levels, the power of 1.5 IVTEC, the comfort of cruise control and the bucket seats were number one deal breakers. She has made life bit up class and bit more luxurious and I really feel upgraded now!

The long story:
Took test drives of Scorpion, TUV, Duster, Jazz, Ciaz and City. Later after a thoughtful consideration narrowed down to buying a Petrol. I guess because it's cleaner fuel option (fuelled by recent Delhi court decision to ban heavy diesel vehicles).

In the end I was left with three clear choices within my budget: Jazz, City, and Ciaz. My last vehicle was an i10 so Jazz really did not felt like an upgrade as I was by now craving for a boot; just a growing family! So ruled out Jazz and now left with two choices; City or a Jazz.

So Why Honda City over Ciaz?

A) Reviews on this forum:
Threads by neel911, rajeevraj, screwdriva and ofcourse needs no mention; the official Honda City review by GTO (this very thread)

I trust followiing list will serve a good handy reference for Honda city buyers

GTO's official review (this thread):
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

Tyre and Wheel Upgrade by Screwdriva
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...de-thread.html

White unicorn by neel911
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-unicorn.html

4G Honda City Niggles by crazy driver
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-anymore.html

AT threads by rajeevraj
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ive-guide.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...no-ertiga.html

B) IVTEC CVT:
Based on reading on this forum I come to conclusion that CVT offers far better mileage as compared to a torque converter. There is no CVT in petrol variants of Ciaz. One would ask, why not Ciaz Hybrid? Well one of the reasons as already mentioned, it's got to be a Petrol! Just cleaner fuel option IMHO. And secondly the most it's got to be an Automatic.

If Ciaz Hybrid were to offer an AT transmission I have little doubt I had not bought the Ciaz Hybrid AT. Even if that meant buying a Diesel

C) Repeat ownership:
I am a repeat Honda customer. My previous experience with Honda is of a peace of mind purchase. Two activas owned over the span of 15 years and a CRV owned for over four years (this one in the States) makes me believe that they are damn so reliable! I have read about niggles and complaints of deteriorating Honda City quality as started in a thread by crazy driver. But this is where heart won over my mind and I made the decision to bet on ICTEC CVT!

There are so many pictures of 4th Gen Honda City on this forum; inside-out, top-to-bottom,you name the angle and you will find the view you need! Just visit first few pages of the threads I have listed in this post. See e.g Neel911's or GTO's thread. In the interest of saving Internet bandwidth I have refrained from uploading pictures. Yeah, you may think of it a stupid conservative thinking. I believe in Clean-Pipe Internet; post only what's needed, be bandwidth conscious, don't blast people's machines with unwanted multi megabyte photos and videos.

As I said before this is my fourth car in a row and I must say I've fallen in love with this more than what was experienced during the first few days of previous ownerships. Even after several weeks since getting the delivery of my my new car. I still feel that I've made the right decision. The feeling of 'paisa vasool' does not seem to die down as of right now.

I got what I sought for after stretching my budget of 10 lakh by roughly additional 2: Cruise control, powerful engine, alloy wheels, Michelin shoes, AT, reverse sensing camera, anti rust coating, door protectors, chrome handles, Honda transparent mats, Honda display seat covers and fog lamps. All this may go well beyond 12lakh depending upon where you buy in India . The VX AT would be close to 14lacs. Way beyond my budget so I resorted to an SV CVT!

Those who need information regarding the pricing, dealer experience and any other personal queries feel free to PM / Email me.

Happy buying.

Last edited by TMRT : 22nd March 2016 at 09:25.
TMRT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 22:37   #4685
BHPian

Congrats TMRT on joining the tribe!
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:39   #4686
Senior - BHPian

Quick question.
When are we supposed to change the brake pads of City?
I know people who have changed it as soon as 20-25k. My 40000 service is due soon and I haven't changed them even once. So, should I get them changed in this service?

Also, what is the cost involved?
Old 23rd March 2016, 12:42   #4687
BHPian

Are your brakes squealing when pressure is applied ? If that is the case then you need replacement. For drums you can get it cleaned.
RocketRaccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 13:22   #4688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Quick question.
I know people who have changed it as soon as 20-25k. My 40000 service is due soon and I haven't changed them even once. So, should I get them changed in this service?

Dear harry10,

First - I am not an expert on this!
Still, my two bits - I had changed my brake pads on my Honda City 2006 model quite late - I do not remember when - but I think around 50,000 km or so.
What the SA said may be true for you too - 'Sir, you must be driving very nicely - with no unnecessary acceleration or braking!'

My suggestion - change the brake pads on the basis of their condition and not on the basis of the kms driven.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 14:27   #4689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quick question.

I got the pads as well as the discs changed at the 40000km service. Both were worn out.

Don't change them simply because your car has done 40k km. These are wear and tear parts and should be changed only when they reach the end of their life.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 20:19   #4690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I got the pads as well as the discs changed at the 40000km service. Both were worn out.

Don't change them simply because your car has done 40k km. These are wear and tear parts and should be changed only when they reach the end of their life.
Can you share the cost of getting the pads changed? Any other major expenses apart from the pads in this service?
Old 25th March 2016, 23:20   #4691
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question.

I got my service done recently.
They were insisting on changing the brake pads and I got them checked. It still has a life of 5-8k kms. That middle groove is the indicator, if the groove is deep, you are good to go.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-fullsizerender.jpg
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 08:24   #4692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
Guys just took the delivery of my car on 17th.

Broad details
Colour: Metallic White
Fuel: Petrol
Model: SV
Dealership: Solitaire Honda - Andheri Mumbai
Landed on Road Cost: INR 10.65 lakhs (including zero dep insurance but excluding Honda Road Side Assistance and extended waaranty)

Additional accessories/ fitments (not from the dealer)
-3D Mats: INR 1100
- JL Audio front components: INR 3500
- Rear Parking senors (white) and camera - INR 4500
- Body cover: INR 1200

Will be posting a detailed update and a thread with pictures soon.

Heey Punit. Congratulations on your new ride.
By the JL audio components do you mean tweeters?
Old 26th March 2016, 11:08   #4693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Heey Punit. Congratulations on your new ride.
By the JL audio components do you mean tweeters?
Component set includes a mid bass, tweeter and a crossover to divide the frequencies.
SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 16:13   #4694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Component set includes a mid bass, tweeter and a crossover to divide the frequencies.
Wow all that for just 3500?
Old 26th March 2016, 17:00   #4695
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone bought 3D Mats online for their City lately, If so could you post or PM me the link please. I need to change them for my G3 Honda City.

On a side note its 6.5 Years old now and one heck of a reliable vehicle. For me it has been like Niggles. What does that even mean?
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed