Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 00:10   #4861
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda City petrol to get six-speed gearbox.
Thanks for the info volkman10. Great scoop.

Honda is trying to tighten their grip on the C-segment where Maruti has turned out to be fierce competitor.

Wish we can get the Jazz with the 1.5 l petrol engine and the 5 speed MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Was on my home when I spotted a Honda City (Latest model) with LED lights. I was stunned looking at it.

Absolutely gorgeous and did suit the car very well.
Suits the arrowhead profile of the car really well.
Old 16th June 2016, 00:32   #4862
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Honda is trying to tighten their grip on the C-segment where Maruti has turned out to be fierce competitor.
Maruti has cornered them with diesels, while the market is shifting towards petrol. Honda seems to have realized this opportunity and hence the quick move to improve on their strengths.

Ciaz will have a tough time catching up, unless Maruti decides to plonk the upcoming boosterjet engine in the Ciaz as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:26   #4863
BHPian

@Volkman10, thanks for the Scoop!!
Any Tentative Dates for City Facelift Launch, along with the changes you have mentioned ?
Hope, they Add Projector Headlamps & Height Adjustable Seat Belts.
which, are missing from the current version.

I am contemplating to go in for a New Vehicle, by October this year.
Have finalized City & Vitara Brezza. Brezza's Petrol Version is also rumored to be scheduled around October.
Old 16th June 2016, 11:50   #4864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
@Volkman10, thanks for the Scoop!!
Any Tentative Dates for City Facelift Launch, along with the changes you have mentioned ?
Hi, I am taking the liberty to speak in between even though you have addressed your query to our member- Volkman10

The New City is expected to come out only early next year and not by this October because Honda wants to time its launch somewhere near Hyundai's new Verna that will come out early next year. Did you also have a look at Vento TSI if you are okay with a petrol automatic? I test drove one and I found it really good !
toofanwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 13:10   #4865
BHPian

I don't know how credible this is but I had spoken to a lady at a Honda Showroom in Kolkata to enquire about the BRV and she told me that they are expecting the new City to be launched around December this year . This makes little sense for me because if Honda were to get a new car into the market then Diwali would be the best time .
cediaowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 13:13   #4866
BHPian

Hey Buddy!!
Thanks for the response.

By going with your advice. I guess, I have to defer my plans till the City Facelift Launches or the Brezza Petrol is launched.

Though, I personally prefer the City.

We did not consider Vento, since the criteria was to seat 3 occupants at the rear with decent comfort.
Due to the High Floor hump in the Vento, it went out of the window.
The 3rd Occupant was not comfortable at all back there.

No denying, that the TSI is a Gem. But, we gave it a miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Hi, I am taking the liberty to speak in between even though you have addressed your query to our member- Volkman10

The New City is expected to come out only early next year and not by this October because Honda wants to time its launch somewhere near Hyundai's new Verna that will come out early next year. Did you also have a look at Vento TSI if you are okay with a petrol automatic? I test drove one and I found it really good !
Old 16th June 2016, 15:05   #4867
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Buddy!!
Thanks for the response.

By going with your advice. I guess, I have to defer my plans till the City Facelift Launches or the Brezza Petrol is launched.
I don't think there will be major differences in the next generation City, maybe a few cosmetic updates, extra features and gearbox, but I don't think there will be sheet metal / body changes. The current model is the one where all the major changes happened. New cars will keep coming non stop. By the time these cars are updated, there will be other new ones which will interest you. BTW you should be considering the Ecosport instead of the Brezza, which IMO is a much better product.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 16:43   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
I don't think there will be major differences in the next generation City, maybe a few cosmetic updates, extra features and gearbox, but I don't think there will be sheet metal / body changes. The current model is the one where all the major changes happened. New cars will keep coming non stop. By the time these cars are updated, there will be other new ones which will interest you. BTW you should be considering the Ecosport instead of the Brezza, which IMO is a much better product.
Yes, you are right about the Cosmetic Updates.
But, Gearbox upgrade is a major update as far as I am concerned.

And, yes New cars will keep coming.
My point is, I almost finalized City. When, I heard about the Update coming, as I am in No Hurry. Can wait for 6 months for this one to get launched.
And, also if I am spending >10L for the vehicle and the update is nearing. Then why not wait for It.

Of Course, EcoSport is all-in-all a better product. But, with the family Novelty factor of Brezza played the part
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 15:49   #4869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My point is, I almost finalized City. When, I heard about the Update coming, as I am in No Hurry. Can wait for 6 months for this one to get launched.
And, also if I am spending >10L for the vehicle and the update is nearing. Then why not wait for It.

Of Course, EcoSport is all-in-all a better product. But, with the family Novelty factor of Brezza played the part
Hmm - I am always a bit confused when people are trying to decide between a sub 4 meter vehicle like Ecosport/Brezza with a full bodied car like City. I doubt if the space offered in those will match upto the City.

But then I guess the tall stance and C-SUV segment is the current trend
Old 20th June 2016, 17:27   #4870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Hmm - I am always a bit confused when people are trying to decide between a sub 4 meter vehicle like Ecosport/Brezza with a full bodied car like City. I doubt if the space offered in those will match upto the City.

Absolutely Spot On, City has loads of Space in comparison to the Brezza / Eco-Sport.

The High Seating was a Key Factor for family's interest in the Brezza.
Not to discount, the Novelty Factor as well.
sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 23:24   #4871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Quote:
A

The High Seating was a Key Factor .....
Not to discount, the Novelty Factor as well.
Car buying decision is a personal choice based on what works best for each of us.
Higher seating and higher clearance could give a feel good factor, could be more practical compared to lower slung cars for some section of the buyers.

The current trend is of short wheel base, high ground clearance vehicles being marketed as SUVs by manufacturers, just to capitalize on the buyer's sentiment is a bit concerning.

Such vehicles could give a false sense of secure feeling, its dynamic stability limitations could be easily forgotten by the majority of its users who would end up driving them like sedans (or lower slung cars which they may be used to driving earlier) with potentially disastrous consequences.

It wouldn't be a problem going for such high-clearance short wheel base cars as long as people driving them realize that they are not as dynamically stable, know its limitations and are careful(slower) while cornering and not taking it to excessive speeds.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 20th June 2016 at 23:30.
for_cars1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 11:21   #4872
BHPian

Have come up against a strange problem on the HU of my Honda City Diesel V. The display when playing songs (irrespective of device) shows only the clock on the top right corner (second pic below). The display settings shows display set to wallpaper. Is there a way to factory reset the HU? Or, possibly a way to get back the regular display like the first pic below?

PS: Did not manage to click any photos of the HU driving in to work, reusing the photos from Team-BHP's official review of City.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-newhondacity06.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 21st June 2016, 13:05   #4873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Is there a way to factory reset the HU? Or, possibly a way to get back the regular display like the first pic below?
No need to factory reset. Go to settings (i.e. menu button below volume knob) and scroll down to select 'wallpaper'. You can toggle the settings here. Let me know if it works or I'll take photos of the steps and send you.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 17:23   #4874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
No need to factory reset. Go to settings (i.e. menu button below volume knob) and scroll down to select 'wallpaper'.
From today morning, the wallpaper had options of clock and then the image choices were greyed out (not enabled). Will try again when I manage to leave work, if not will request you for a step by step pictorial guide, thanks for your offer though.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 22:26   #4875
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, may I know what gear-box upgrades are you talking about in the facelift model? AFAIK the latest gear-box from Honda stable globally is the gearbox that they have on the current city CVT model which is a combination of torque converter and belt which gives the best drivability along with fuel efficiency.

Most Viewed