Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2016, 23:41   #4876
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Hi, may I know what gear-box upgrades are you talking about in the facelift model? ...
The facelifted petrol version City MT will have 6 forward gears instead of 5 in the current MT petrol version

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd June 2016 at 07:40. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:14   #4877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
From today morning, the wallpaper had options of clock and then the image choices were greyed out (not enabled). Will try again when I manage to leave work, if not will request you for a step by step pictorial guide, thanks for your offer though.
Played around with the settings a little bit yesterday night. Turns out the solution was rather simplistic. One press of the day/night brightness setting button did it (highlighted in red below). Just press the button once and then wait for the brightness adjustment to disappear.
Attached Images

Old 22nd June 2016, 19:47   #4878
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Played around with the settings a little bit yesterday night. Turns out the solution was rather simplistic. One press of the day/night brightness setting button did it (highlighted in red below). Just press the button once and then wait for the brightness adjustment to disappear.
Yes; it cycles through day brightness, night brightness and clock only display.
Old 27th June 2016, 11:06   #4879

Hi BHPians,

I have a Honda city AT 2010 (43500 KMs) bought almost a year ago second hand 40K when I bought it and done 3.5 K on it). I had done the 40K service from Magnum Honda Bangalore which costed me 19K and car was running fine. Recently, some days back I saw the engine heating sign appear on the dashboard while going back from my office which is 15 Km drive from my house. I took it to shell station and realized that the coolant was less, which I got it replaced. Even after refill of the coolant, I still kept getting the heating sign symbol after driving only 5 – 6 km with AC on at level 1.
I have not had any accident and the only long trip I did in this car after the service is to Ooty, otherwise it has been office to home commutes only

Took the car to Magnum Honda again and they have given me a bill of 18K now saying that the radiator has a blockage and needs to be replaced. I am completely confused now, as how come suddenly the radiator can have a blockage which was not detected in 40K service (done in Jan). Also, I feel with AC on, I need to push the accelerator pedal more for the car to push through.

Please give some suggestions on the following:
1. Can the radiator blockage cause the car to heat up?
2. Is there any option for getting this corrected instead of replacement? There is no damage to the radiator (confirmed by Magnum Honda)
3. Is 18K price quoted by the dealer is appropriate?
4. If this sounds fishy, is there any good honda repair expert who can get this corrected for lesser cost?

Thanking in advance
Old 28th June 2016, 03:51   #4880
BHPian

Hi folks,

Does Honda city 2012 VAT ivtec have any auto central door locking feature certain speed (similar to i20) that we can activate it ourselves or get it activated with dealers?

I searched the forum, but dint get anyhing specific to this.
Old 28th June 2016, 10:15   #4881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_maximus View Post
Hi BHPians,
Please give some suggestions on the following:
1. Can the radiator blockage cause the car to heat up?
2. Is there any option for getting this corrected instead of replacement? There is no damage to the radiator (confirmed by Magnum Honda)
3. Is 18K price quoted by the dealer is appropriate?
4. If this sounds fishy, is there any good honda repair expert who can get this corrected for lesser cost?
1/2: Yes, but easily fixed with a radiator flush and a good jet wash of the radiator fins. Also, check for any cracked hoses, leaking joints as you are losing coolant as well.

3/4: Honda spares are expensive so 18k for a new radiator is not unusually high. Ask for the service head of the A.S.S. he should be able to advice.
varunsangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 11:56   #4882
BHPian

Recently had a dump truck scrape the rear door of my car. There is a crumple dent and the door seems to have slightly misaligned. It closes fine, and locks properly and child lock also works. However when driving above 60kmph there is a whistling sound coming in through the door.
Question to experts - would i need to replace the door or would normal tinkering help here? Anyone with this kind of experience where they had a mishap and the door was brought back to factory standards?
Old 28th June 2016, 13:47   #4883

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Recently had a dump truck scrape the rear door of my car. There is a crumple dent and the door seems to have slightly misaligned. It closes fine, and locks properly and child lock also works. However when driving above 60kmph there is a whistling sound coming in through the door.
Question to experts - would i need to replace the door or would normal tinkering help here? Anyone with this kind of experience where they had a mishap and the door was brought back to factory standards?
@FuelInjector: Too bad it happened. My left rear door was dented by a motorcyclist 6 months back.The dent was near the window line. I Ieft my car for body shop work at Maansarovar Honda Chennai and they pretty good job fixing the dent. The repainting wasn't that great, but they brought the shape back.

Hope this helps!
madhan.g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 16:42   #4884
BHPian

One question on water leakage - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4005398
Old 28th June 2016, 22:15   #4885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
Does Honda city 2012 VAT ivtec have any auto central door locking feature certain speed (similar to i20) that we can activate it ourselves or get it activated with dealers?
Hi,

As far as I'm aware, city doesn't have auto locking of door with speed or time. I had checked this with honda service center for my 2013 City VAT.

Regards
Amar
Old 28th June 2016, 23:42   #4886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar.madhavan View Post
Hi,

As far as I'm aware, city doesn't have auto locking of door with speed or time. I had checked this with honda service center for my 2013 City VAT.

Regards
Amar
My City VX CVT of 2015 has auto locking based on speed. I think, its over 15 KMPH or closer to 20 KMPH.

Prem.
Old 29th June 2016, 07:25   #4887
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I have a 2013 City VAT. I have noticed the brakes are less confidence inspiring. I believe this is due to the torque being generated in torque converter gearbox. Meanwhile I had owned an old city (2003 model manual - no auto option then) for 10 years and the brakes in this model was good.

I'm still running on the stock (175/65R15) good year tyres. I'm planning to upgrade to 195/60R15 hoping it will improve the ride, handling, comfort and braking.

Any thoughts/views in this matter will be helpful.

Thanks
Amar
Old 29th June 2016, 10:17   #4888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar.madhavan View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm still running on the stock (175/65R15) good year tyres. I'm planning to upgrade to 195/60R15 hoping it will improve the ride, handling, comfort and braking.

Any thoughts/views in this matter will be helpful.

Thanks
Amar
Same question is haunting me as well - somehow, am not at all comfortable with the stock tires. Looking to upgrade to 195/60, but am just concerned of any warranty overheads ?
Should I be worried of warranty issues if I upgrade the tires to 195/60 ?

Prem.
Old 29th June 2016, 10:33   #4889
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Same question is haunting me as well - somehow, am not at all comfortable with the stock tires. Looking to upgrade to 195/60, but am just concerned of any warranty overheads ?
Should I be worried of warranty issues if I upgrade the tires to 195/60 ?

Prem.
I changed the tyres of my city to 195/60 R15 Yokohama Earth 1. The dealership did not mention anything about the void warranty!
Also, any extended warranty covers only manufacturing defects and its extremely difficult to claim warranty for suspension after 2 years of running!
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 10:35   #4890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I changed the tyres of my city to 195/60 R15 Yokohama Earth 1. The dealership did not mention anything about the void warranty!
Also, any extended warranty covers only manufacturing defects and its extremely difficult to claim warranty for suspension after 2 years of running!
Thank you MCR.
Is there a notable difference after the upgrade ?
My primary reason for looking to change is to have reduced road/tire noise.

Prem.

Most Viewed