Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2016, 22:19   #4996
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hello BHPians,

Got my ANHC(Petrol) service done today at Deccan Honda Pune. The odo was @14000Kms.
Deccan Honda gave me free wheel alignment & exterior wash coupons on insurance renewal, so I decided to get Wheel alignment and Wheel balancing done at them.
They did alignment for free but charged me almost Rs. 1200 for wheel balancing

20K(First Paid) Service Details are as below:

Consumables+Parts
Oil (5w30 Mineral) = 1247
Oil Filter = 166
washer plug drain = 21
Windscreen fluid = 50
balance weight 15g x 1 = 166
balance weight 25g x 1 = 180
balance weight 45g x 2 = 396

Labour+ checks
Wheel Balancing = 506
Wheel Alignment = 0
20K service = 2305
Battery test = 57.5

total amount Paid = 5095

Overall service quality was good but very disappointed by exorbitant wheel balancing cost

Also,This time SA used 5w30 engine oil rather than previous 0w20.
How does such change in oil grade affect engine & performance?

Last edited by pravint : 10th August 2016 at 22:22. Reason: used wrong term
pravint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 00:49   #4997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
Thanks! Yes, the car is a petrol and my driving is mostly in and around Powai. It hurts to see so much of money burning up in fuel costs because of bad traffic management and congested roads
Dude. You said you covered 2500km in 1 year and you're bothered about mileage??!!! Seriously?

At such low running, you should just forget about mileage and enjoy the car. Do the math - not worth bothering at your running.
avdhesh15 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 02:54   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Dude. You said you covered 2500km in 1 year and you're bothered about mileage??!!! Seriously?

At such low running, you should just forget about mileage and enjoy the car. Do the math - not worth bothering at your running.
Ha Ha ... Your words are reassuring! But, seriously it is about how much you can stretch the money you pay at the pump. The car is of course a jewel and we enjoy it to the fullest. Absolutely no regrets buying it. I need to take it to the highway more often.
Old 11th August 2016, 08:03   #4999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post

total amount Paid = 5095
Excluding the wheel balancing cost, the service cost is pretty reasonable for such a car.
I think even servicing a Ciaz almost costs the same!
Please let me know about the FE that you are getting after the oil change done in the 3rd service.
Our new car just run 130kms is giving 10.5-11kmpl, so just wanna know how much difference will be there after the oil change.
Old 11th August 2016, 08:11   #5000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
But, seriously it is about how much you can stretch the money you pay at the pump.
For 2500 km per month, by how much are you stretching the bill anyways? ₹50? It is really irrelevant.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 09:47   #5001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Excluding the wheel balancing cost, the service cost is pretty reasonable for such a car.
Yes,you are right! Service bill is around 3800 as expected.
Here,I am not happy with the wheel balancing charges. Wheel balancing cost should be around 500 at max. They are charging way too much money for those weights.
Old 15th August 2016, 19:16   #5002
BHPian

Did a 160kms trip from Ahmedabad to Mehsana. Odo is just under 500kms.
19.3 kmpl. Very sedate driving, didn't cross 80kmph, the road wouldn't have permitted anyway, but there was a bit of traffic so couldn't achieve more but once it did reach 20 kmpl.
Made excessive use of cruise control. The resume feature is very handy.
The FE is pretty impressive for a car of this size and power.
PS:- Mine is a petrol manual.

Last edited by iss1307 : 15th August 2016 at 19:22.
Old 15th August 2016, 20:08   #5003
BHPian

Quote:
Did a 160kms trip from Ahmedabad to Mehsana. Odo is just under 500kms.
19.3 kmpl.
For such a new car, that too a petrol, this is just too good, still use tankful to tankful method to get a better idea. Congrats on the new car and happy motoring.
Old 15th August 2016, 20:12   #5004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
For such a new car, that too a petrol, this is just too good, still use tankful to tankful method to get a better idea.
Agree. I did try and verify a few trips to start with. The mileage returned by tankful to tankful method was very close to the one shown on the meter.
Old 15th August 2016, 20:28   #5005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
They are charging way too much money for those weights
Honda ASS charges way too much for consumables. I was given an estimate of Rs 1500 to fix the bolts holding up the engine cover. Got it done from outside for Rs 120.

Quote:
The FE is pretty impressive for a car of this size and power.
Sounds unbelievable, esp because it's on a regular highway and with traffic as you mentioned! I have got 20.5 (as per MID) on the Mumbai Pune Expressway but that was driving at 80km/h on cruise control non-stop for 20km (mine is also petrol MT).

Update once your service has been done and if possible with a tank-to-tank method.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 15th August 2016 at 20:28. Reason: spacing
Old 15th August 2016, 21:10   #5006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post

Sounds unbelievable, esp because it's on a regular highway and with traffic as you mentioned! I have got 20.5 (as per MID) on the Mumbai Pune Expressway but that was driving at 80km/h on cruise control non-stop for 20km (mine is also petrol MT).

Update once your service has been done and if possible with a tank-to-tank method.
Definitely will update you.
By traffic I mean traffic here and there, means I had to slow down in some places as it was a state highway and there were some residential areas in between otherwise it was a pretty open road.

Everybody was surprised at this FE, especially because it has hardly run 500kms. And even I didn't go beyond 80kmph.
Our car runs on stock 175 section Michelin XM1, it came with MRF from factory but upon request the SA changed it to Michelin before delivery. I think you have the 195 section ones right? Maybe because of that?

Cruise control was just absolutely fantastic. Especially the resume feature. I enjoyed using it. Takes off most of the stress!
And yes one more thing, I was hardly using any accelerator, the +/- button on the steering work way too well. And to slow down too I was just using the - button instead of the brakes.

So maybe all that too added to the efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
Agree. I did try and verify a few trips to start with. The mileage returned by tankful to tankful method was very close to the one shown on the meter.
Yes that's why I trust the reading shown by the MID. The error is way too less.
I tried attaching the picture but I don't have those rights yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
For such a new car, that too a petrol, this is just too good, still use tankful to tankful method to get a better idea. Congrats on the new car and happy motoring.
Thanks a lot mate.
The car just glides on tarmac. You just can't hear any noise from the engine bay whatsoever. Super silent and absolutely effortless. I took a few curves and it was very confidence inspiring. Good feedback form the steering.

Last edited by iss1307 : 15th August 2016 at 21:11.
Old 15th August 2016, 23:02   #5007
BANNED

Quote:
Did a 160kms trip from Ahmedabad to Mehsana. Odo is just under 500kms
Made excessive use of cruise control. The resume feature is very handy.
First of all, Congratulations for the Car.

Not sure if I am right but in a new car that is just covered 500 kms and not completed its running-in period be good if one uses Cruise Control.

Reason is, when one engages the cruise control, the car attains the said speed fast (Read aggressively) and if there is possibility it cruises at that speed constantly which ain't good for a new car IMHO.

We too have a Honda City VX i-VTEC in the family and I drove it regularly.
Old 16th August 2016, 00:05   #5008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
First of all, Congratulations for the Car.

Not sure if I am right but in a new car that is just covered 500 kms and not completed its running-in period be good if one uses Cruise Control.

Reason is, when one engages the cruise control, the car attains the said speed fast (Read aggressively) and if there is possibility it cruises at that speed constantly which ain't good for a new car IMHO.

We too have a Honda City VX i-VTEC in the family and I drove it regularly.
Maybe you are right!
But I didn't feel any aggressive acceleration, it was felt but can't term it as aggressive, because the rings were green at all times except a few times. But since I kept the final speed always under 80kmph even if it was accelerating hard it won't exceed the 2300 rpm mark, so there's no extra revving!

And there was hardly any cruising at same speed as I had to decelerate frequently using the cruise control itself. Plus the distance was just 70-80kms.

You have no idea how careful I am with my car. Haha.

Last edited by iss1307 : 16th August 2016 at 00:14.
Old 18th August 2016, 18:15   #5009
Senior - BHPian

Finally Honda guys have repaired my car and are ready to release it for delivery after exactly 3.5 months.

The total repair bill came to a whopping 3.88 Lakhs.

Given that I had gone for Honda Assure with Zero Depreciation, the Insurance guys are taking most of the hit and I need to pay around 8.9K

Will be off to Mysore to collect the car tomorrow. Attached is the bill of materials with complete details. Honda_Assure_Details.pdf

Any tips from other experts on what I should check for tomorrow when I take delivery of the repaired car?
Old 20th August 2016, 14:41   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Any tips from other experts on what I should check for tomorrow when I take delivery of the repaired car?
Looking at the amount of work that has gone into your car, I would suggest an almost as comprehensive a check as the one we do during a PDI check itself. This time you have the added advantage of knowing what things were to be repaired and ensure it has been done correctly.

It must have been a harrowing time for you and the family to see the car in that state, you must now celebrate and put those memories behind you and enjoy this as a new car.

Good Luck and wishing you happy mile munching going forwards.

Cheers
Uday

Last edited by uday.ere : 20th August 2016 at 14:49.

Most Viewed