Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 10:19   #5566
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
If you were experiencing the thuds from day one even when the suspension was new then you need to change. If it's crept up later then a suspension overhaul will solve it.
The thud sounds are from day one and these are mentioned in most of the auto reviews as well.

I installed Rogerab, which actually reduced the thud sounds to a large extent, apart from increasing the ground clearance as well.

During the last service, I specifically asked to check the suspensions thoroughly but no leakage or breakage was found.

Obviously only a good aftermarket suspension would probably solve the issue. But I do not have much idea on which brand would be suited for the City CVT. Hence, requesting help.
Old 19th April 2017, 11:25   #5567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
The thud sounds are from day one

Obviously only a good aftermarket suspension would probably solve the issue. But I do not have much idea on which brand would be suited for the City CVT. Hence, requesting help.
There are very good things members have said about the 'Tein' brand suspension components in the Civic thread. You might want to go and check. Also people with Ventos have been using it.

In the Civic it was used for a different issue though, a bottoming out issue where the car scrapes speed breakers when loaded. It comes with adjustable presets too.

The Vento guys too have the thud issue and I don't remember how much they gained by Tein components but you'll have to check out. May help. Tein is on the costlier side though. Around 1.5 lac I think. If you spell out your issue to them they might be able to help you. All the best.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 20:32   #5568
BHPian

I'm looking for automatic window roll up\down feature (long press lock button in key fob to roll up window and unlock button to roll down window same as in vento\polo\rapid) has anyone installed this in honda city. Any pointers at Bangalore will be really helpful.
Old 20th April 2017, 08:06   #5569

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post

Total Cost: 4274

AC Cabin Filter had to be replaced during the service. However, I purchased the Bosch Oxy Pure Cabin Filter. Good product. The air feels very fresh as of now.

@adarsh76 : Apologies for quoting a two week old post, but I would be grateful if you could tell me where you purchased the Bosch Oxy Pure filter. Thanks a bunch!
Old 20th April 2017, 11:51   #5570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
@adarsh76 : Apologies for quoting a two week old post, but I would be grateful if you could tell me where you purchased the Bosch Oxy Pure filter. Thanks a bunch!
I purchased this from an authorized Bosch dealer in Trivandrum. Please check the Bosch website and find out the dealer in your location.

P.S: This was available in Amazon before but seems its not available now.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 14:41   #5571
BHPian

I have been driving iDTECH-SV since June 2014. A month back, I realized that my windscreen is showing a fine crack, traversing from top to down. The crack is about 8 inches now. Just to find the root cause I did a physical inspection and I realized that there seems to be stone chip hit on the top of the windshield. Which seem to have caused this fine crack, which is now eventually increasing.
I have few questions for the esteemed community:
1. I talked to Windshield experts. They claim they will replace with the same AIS windshield. They want INR 1250 as I have a zero-dep insurance policy. They want me to submit the documents and want me to come after 3 days and get the glass replaced in 30 minutes.
2. I also talked to Honda dealership, they want INR 1100 and they want the car to be there with them for 3 days and they will replace and inform me.
3. Also I know that the top City model has some special heat resistant windshield. Can I get my current windshield with this heat resistant one?

Any suggestions from the community as to from whom I should get the windshield replaced and can I get the heat resistant one?
Old 20th April 2017, 15:19   #5572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
I have been driving iDTECH-SV since June 2014.
3. Also I know that the top City model has some special heat resistant windshield. Can I get my current windshield with this heat resistant one?

Any suggestions from the community as to from whom I should get the windshield replaced and can I get the heat resistant one?
If I remember correctly I was told by the dealer that VX variant comes with sound insulated front windshield in order to reduce the diesel engine noise getting into the cabin. Let me check the brochure and confirm after reaching home.

I do not think replacement of windshield takes 3 days as informed by the dealership. They must be considering the insurance processing time as well.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 15:37   #5573
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions from the community as to from whom I should get the windshield replaced?
If you car is under extended warranty (am assuming it would be), get it done from Honda itself. The 3 days is essentially for processing the claim. You could perhaps speak to them for allowing you to take the car and get it back when the inspection is scheduled.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 15:45   #5574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
If I remember correctly I was told by the dealer that VX variant comes with sound insulated front windshield in order to reduce the diesel engine noise getting into the cabin. Let me check the brochure and confirm after reaching home.
Just get a written confirmation from the dealer that the insurance will cover this VX-variant windshield.

Since it is not the type that came with your car, they shouldn't object to the claim later.

Considering there is negligible difference between the quote from Honda and WE, might be worth getting it done from Honda itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
If you car is under extended warranty (am assuming it would be), get it done from Honda itself.
Warranty should not be impacted by a windshield change done by Windshield Experts.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 15:51   #5575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Warranty should not be impacted by a windshield change done by Windshield Experts.
The way these people scare you, it's unpredictable.

Someone at Honda told my dad that repairing the car under insurance if insurance isn't Honda Assure might be an issue. Poor guy didn't know my dad has an insurance business so what followed what nothing short of entertainment. But I personally know few people who spend extra to get the Honda Assure due to this tactic.

Similarly, if something happens in future, all it would take is for 1 random service fellow to say that warranty isn't covered due to work done from outside. That will make your blood boil and have unnecessary arguments all over the place.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 20:41   #5576
BHPian

Quote:
If you car is under extended warranty (am assuming it would be), get it done from Honda itself. The 3 days is essentially for processing the claim. You could perhaps speak to them for allowing you to take the car and get it back when the inspection is scheduled.
You are right. I will try to talk to them tomorrow as for the claim, they can call me whenever the Surveyor visits them for the car inspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just get a written confirmation from the dealer that the insurance will cover this VX-variant windshield.

Since it is not the type that came with your car, they shouldn't object to the claim later.

Considering there is negligible difference between the quote from Honda and WE, might be worth getting it done from Honda itself.

I will talk to them related to the VX windshield can be added to my SV variant, with the difference amount. I really doubt these people will agree. They will stress on the point that SV variant does not come with the special heat shielding windshield and they would not be able to replace it the one. I will try give it a try
Quote:
The way these people scare you, it's unpredictable.

Someone at Honda told my dad that repairing the car under insurance if insurance isn't Honda Assure might be an issue. Poor guy didn't know my dad has an insurance business so what followed what nothing short of entertainment. But I personally know few people who spend extra to get the Honda Assure due to this tactic.

Similarly, if something happens in future, all it would take is for 1 random service fellow to say that warranty isn't covered due to work done from outside. That will make your blood boil and have unnecessary arguments all over the place.
True. That is the business model of these dealers who sell costly insurances, even though they are bound to repair cashless with other insurance covers too.
Old 20th April 2017, 21:10   #5577
BHPian

Seems like my parking sensor (sound induced) provided by the DEALER (Dakshin Honda, Blore) has gone kaput in just 4 months.

What's the way forward? Will the dealer replace it or will have to get a new one? Any suggestions?

Though there's a rear camera in my car, I used to find the sensor way more useful.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 20th April 2017 at 21:11.
Old 20th April 2017, 21:13   #5578
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Seems like my parking sensor (sound induced) provided by the DEALER (Dakshin Honda, Blore) has gone kaput in just 4 months.
Dealer will replace it under warranty. Take it to them and get it replaced. First check if it is not any loose contact or any wiring issue.

I think accessories bear 6 months warranty. Not sure though. So go soon and get it checked and replaced.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 21:46   #5579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post

What's the way forward? Will the dealer replace it or will have to get a new one? Any suggestions?

Though there's a rear camera in my car, I used to find the sensor way more useful.
My Auto Cop Parking sensor stopped working in some 4 days: there was no voice warning: my kids said 'Good riddance'. But when the other accessories were fitted, I got it to work again. I think your dealer will set it right, don't worry. With the way traffic is and the congestion in our cities and dearth of parking space we need all the aids we can!!

Last edited by Durango Dude : 20th April 2017 at 21:48.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 09:42   #5580
BHPian

Quote:
I have been driving iDTECH-SV since June 2014. A month back, I realized that my windscreen is showing a fine crack, traversing from top to down. The crack is about 8 inches now. Just to find the root cause I did a physical inspection and I realized that there seems to be stone chip hit on the top of the windshield. Which seem to have caused this fine crack, which is now eventually increasing.
I have few questions for the esteemed community:
1. I talked to Windshield experts. They claim they will replace with the same AIS windshield. They want INR 1250 as I have a zero-dep insurance policy. They want me to submit the documents and want me to come after 3 days and get the glass replaced in 30 minutes.
2. I also talked to Honda dealership, they want INR 1100 and they want the car to be there with them for 3 days and they will replace and inform me.

Quote:
If you have a Honda Assure Policy, any kind of Glass Replacement upto Rs. 20,000, dealer has authority to start working on it immediately. No need for any Insurance Provider Approval. I am pretty sure, the Windshield cost is inside of Rs. 20,000.

Check Point No. 5 of the attachment. This was received by me when I renewed my car insurance last year.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HA differentiator.pdf (196.0 KB, 865 views)
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed