Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2017, 22:24   #5851
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
My brother had recently bought a Honda City V IDTEC 2017 on June 1st from Brigade Honda Bangalore. Since last month he has been facing some issue with the cruise control.

Actual Problem: He is able to "set” the desired speed, he can “cancel" it, he can even increase or decrease the speed with "+" and "-" buttons. But when he was trying to "resume" the preset speed, it just disconnects.
From my experience, what I have observed is "Resume" works if the speed of vehicle is just around(may be + or - 10 Kmph, though I am not sure about the exact speed) the "Set" speed. If the difference is high my car behavior too is same as you posted in the video.

What I do in such situation is shift down one gear and then use the pedal to get near around the "Set" speed and then use the "Resume" button to reach the predefined speed.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 00:55   #5852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
From my experience, what I have observed is "Resume" works if the speed of vehicle is just around(may be + or - 10 Kmph, though I am not sure about the exact speed) the "Set" speed. If the difference is high my car behavior too is same as you posted in the video.

What I do in such situation is shift down one gear and then use the pedal to get near around the "Set" speed and then use the "Resume" button to reach the predefined speed.
Actually it should resume. This is what I observed in my S-cross, if I set my speed at 90 Kmph, if my speed drops to 65 - 70 kmph, at that time if I press the Resume button, its taking me to the actual set speed.

In my S-cross, we can switch ON the cruise control, when we cross 40 kmph speed and set to any speed after 40 Kmph. Let's say we set the speed to 60 kmph, and the car is now dropped the speed to 45 kmph, you can still resume to set speed. But when you try to resume if the car is below 40 kmph, it will not resume.
pkothak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 08:26   #5853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually it should resume. This is what I observed in my S-cross, if I set my speed at 90 Kmph, if my speed drops to 65 - 70 kmph, at that time if I press the Resume button, its taking me to the actual set speed.

In my S-cross, we can switch ON the cruise control, when we cross 40 kmph speed and set to any speed after 40 Kmph. Let's say we set the speed to 60 kmph, and the car is now dropped the speed to 45 kmph, you can still resume to set speed. But when you try to resume if the car is below 40 kmph, it will not resume.
This explanation is perfect - its the exact same way Cruise Control works on the Honda City as well!
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 09:21   #5854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+1 to that. As long as the speed is above 40 (not speedo) it should resume back to the set speed.

However seeing the video and the honks present I get a feeling he is pressing the brakes, because the roads maybe little busy. A slight tap will cancel the cruise control. Ofcourse my feeling maybe wrong. :-)

Last edited by Altocumulus : 25th October 2017 at 09:24.
Old 25th October 2017, 17:14   #5855
BHPian

Quote:

I can confirm this as well. Minimum speed required to engage cruise control is 40 kmph. So as long as you are above 40 kmph, cruise control will resume at a previously locked speed.

I have Goodyear Assurance as stock tyres on my Honda City iVtec (4th generation 2016 make).

At about 12KMs, front left tyre developed a small bulge on the sidewall (within 1 year of usage). I referred it to Honda ASS and they replied back saying Goodyear after inspection rejected the claim/replacement of bulged tyre. Reason given - it was slightly damaged (slight cut not quite visible to naked eye) from inside due to the pothole impact at high speed. I replaced it with spare tyre (same specs) and put the bulged tyre on spare wheel.

After about 4 month at 16KMs, other front tyre developed a small bulge exactly similar to previous case. With earlier experience, didn’t go to ASS for another lengthy inspection process. For now, have switched the bulged tyre with a rare wheel.

Current ODO is at 17KMs and bulge is still of the same size and holding up. I am in dilemma with below two options.

1. Replace two bulged tyres and put similarly spec new ones at front
2. Wait for as long as rare bulged tyre holds up and upsize to 195/60R15 as widely recommended here for 4th generation Honda City

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2017 at 20:26. Reason: Posts merged.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 18:58   #5856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.8984 View Post
Hi yogesh.8984,

Well if I step into your shoes, then option #1 is what I'd go for. But with a better brand/quality for sure. Michelin XM2 is what I'd choose for I feel its a bang for the buck. Why option #1? 1) Keeping the same spec will ensure I do not void warranty on suspension. 2) I need to shell out only on 1 pair of new tyres for the moment. Since 17K km is not even half the life what the stock rubbers have gone through, I'd let them run to bald.

Quote:
2. Wait for as long as rare bulged tyre holds up and upsize to 195/60R15 as widely recommended here for 4th generation Honda City

Why not this option? Simple. Upsizing means I need to upsize all the 4 at the same time(recommended) while I still have atleast 2 Goodyears which can do another 25K. Plus the warranty aspect. And still another aspect is a slight hit on the FE with 195 section.

So unless you are too keen to upsize them right away, which I suppose is a very personal preference and everyone perceives it differently, I'd say simply replace them with stocks.

I bet you'll feel a significant difference by merely going in for a better brand of tyres. Thanks.

Cheers!
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 19:00   #5857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have Goodyear Assurance as stock tyres on my Honda City iVtec (4th generation 2016 make).

At about 12KMs, front left tyre developed a small bulge on the sidewall (within 1 year of usage). I referred it to Honda ASS and they replied back saying Goodyear after inspection rejected the claim/replacement of bulged tyre. Reason given - it was slightly damaged (slight cut not quite visible to naked eye) from inside due to the pothole impact at high speed. I replaced it with spare tyre (same specs) and put the bulged tyre on spare wheel.

After about 4 month at 16KMs, other front tyre developed a small bulge exactly similar to previous case. With earlier experience, didn’t go to ASS for another lengthy inspection process. For now, have switched the bulged tyre with a rare wheel.

Current ODO is at 17KMs and bulge is still of the same size and holding up. I am in dilemma with below two options.

If you anyways intend to change the tyres to 195s why wait. Do it now with a good brand. Driving around with bulged tyres is not safe, specially on highways. Since the others have already run around 20, during rotation you will have relatively old tyres in the front. Also this car demands a wider tyre than the 175s.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 25th October 2017 at 19:02.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 19:08   #5858
BHPian

Guys
I had a trip to Chennai recently and I have updated my ownership thread with my observation.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:44   #5859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
+However seeing the video and the honks present I get a feeling he is pressing the brakes, because the roads maybe little busy. A slight tap will cancel the cruise control. Ofcourse my feeling maybe wrong. :-)
Today my brother had a long test drive with Service advisor and the SA also confirmed that there is an issue with cruise control. Now the car is at Brigade Honda service center at Bangalore. This time they have observed cruise control issue after driving for 20 kms. I will post if they suggest something on this issue.

I just wanted to check with everyone in this thread one more time. Has anyone faced this cruise control issue with your Honda City?
Old 30th October 2017, 19:21   #5860
BHPian

Honda City crosses the 7-lakh sales milestone in India

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-406404

Source: ACI
Hickstead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 22:06   #5861
Senior - BHPian

Honda looking at launching six new models in the next three years, including the next-generation City. The fifth-generation City will come with a BS-VI diesel engine and a possible hybrid option as well, to meet the Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency (CAFE) norms. Also, expect the new model to get more premium, with plusher interiors and more features. Expected Launch Q4 2019-Q1 2020

Source - Autocar magazine
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 23:59   #5862

Guys,

Any one have this pendrive?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01N4J3WAE/...RY6KM1N1RZB75W

Does it fit snugly under the usb cover of Honda city without protruding out. I had very tiny old discontinued Sandisk pendrive which fits inside the usb cover but it is gone when I gave for cleaning.
Old 1st November 2017, 06:58   #5863
BHPian

Quote:
... Since last month he has been facing some issue with the cruise control.

Actual Problem: He is able to "set” the desired speed, he can “cancel" it, he can even increase or decrease the speed with "+" and "-" buttons. But when he was trying to "resume" the preset speed, it just disconnects.
Any inputs on this issue would be greatly appreciated....thank you all.
Is he resting his left foot on the clutch by any chance? (and accidentally momentarily pressing it in the process, even if by a millimetre)

Cruise control is supposed to disengage if;
- Clutch is pressed, or
- brake is pressed

Though will still resume to set speed upon subsequently clicking RESUME.

Last edited by vharihar : 1st November 2017 at 06:59.
Old 1st November 2017, 17:38   #5864
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firef0x View Post
Does it fit snugly under the usb cover of Honda city without protruding out.
I doubt the cover will even close with the pendrive you have mentioned.

There is a very tiny pendrive from Sony which I am using since the last 4 years but the last time I checked it was discontinued. It's called Micro Vault, you can still try searching for it in some shops.
Name:  20171101 17.03.54.png
Views: 4089
Size:  203.3 KB

Here's the actual pendrive. I had picked up two for ~600 rupees online. It's so small that I have to use it with a keychain so that it doesn't get lost.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20171101-17.13.12.jpg

Last edited by OSH : 1st November 2017 at 17:42.
Old 1st November 2017, 18:02   #5865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
I doubt the cover will even close with the pendrive you have mentioned.

There is a very tiny pendrive from Sony which I am using since the last 4 years but the last time I checked it was discontinued. It's called Micro Vault, you can still try searching for it in some shops.
Attachment 1691529

Here's the actual pendrive. I had picked up two for ~600 rupees online. It's so small that I have to use it with a keychain so that it doesn't get lost.
Attachment 1691530
I use this one Its very small (i've already lost 1).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks