Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2018, 00:01   #6106
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Can anyone please let me know which service center, or even service advisor to connect with? I'm sick of the multiple dashboard rattles, and number of minor squeaks in the entire car - 2014 VMT. Whitefield Honda is full of SAs who just want to inflate the bill, and have no intention of solving any issues mentioned by the customer.
Same issue, different location. Can anyone help guide me to a specific ASS + SA combo who can fix numerous rattles [including dashboard area] in Gurgaon? Tired of hearing constant big bang within cabin in Honda City after driving the other car [Tucson Crdi]

Also, I feel the gearbox makes a lot more racket than it should [based on feel, not tried any other Honda City CVT] to corroborate. Have others faced a similar issue?
Old 4th August 2018, 22:16   #6107
BHPian

I suggest you should go to a good FNG. He will be able to sort out your problems and also at a fraction of the cost.
You can choose from the directory threads of the respective cities.
mdesai_1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 22:44   #6108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
Same issue, different location. Can anyone help guide me to a specific ASS + SA combo who can fix numerous rattles [including dashboard area] in Gurgaon? Tired of hearing constant big bang within cabin in Honda City after driving the other car [Tucson Crdi]

Also, I feel the gearbox makes a lot more racket than it should [based on feel, not tried any other Honda City CVT] to corroborate. Have others faced a similar issue?
Try Infinity honda in gurgaon. Meet Mr Siman (service manager) there and give my reference. I'm Dr Guneet Gogia. I think he should be able to help.
Guneet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 14:20   #6109
BHPian

Quote:

Have you changed the transmission, CVT fluid ? It's supposed to be changed every 40,000km or 2 years.

My SA didn't change it once it passed the 2 year landmark so I had to compel them to change it. Prior to changing it I had noticed that the transmission had become less smooth and more jerky.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:20   #6110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Honda really needs to intervene and fix the service stations issue..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Agree with you completely ....If it is the rattles I would recommend that you head to Magnum Honda on Kanakapura Road - that is where I managed to get the rattles sorted out the last time that they occured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
This time I tried Saphire Honda's service station near Bellandur. Overall things looked good and I don't have any complaints about their service. Looked less crowded than Whitefiled Honda, Magnum Honda etc.
Thanks all - I knew I wasn't the only one facing these irritating issues. It might sound a bit odd to some, but my 2014 Grand i10, which is older than my City and has seen more mileage also, has always felt better put together and more refined in many areas compared to my City. In fact, my wife mostly prefers taking the i10 out on many occasions as she doesn't much care for the rattles and squeaks from all corners of the City.

The i10 on the other hand, solid as a rock. Just one minor sound from the headlamp leveller switch area, that too after 4.5 years and 35K of driving.

Whitefield Honda team has absolutely no interest in addressing these, they just want to push A/C servicing, extended warranty, RSA etc. Looking for a competent FNG to get many things done - synthetic engine oil, spark plugs change, filters/lubes etc.

Quote:
I have this issue too, but I've not changed my gearbox oil in more than 2 years, so it's overdue and that should probably fix this problem. The gear lever is very clunky and makes more sound than it should, with the gear slotting itself being a bit vague.
Old 6th August 2018, 18:12   #6111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all - I knew I wasn't the only one facing these irritating issues. It might sound a bit odd to some, but my 2014 Grand i10, which is older than my City and has seen more mileage also, has always felt better put together and more refined in many areas compared to my City. In fact, my wife mostly prefers taking the i10 out on many occasions as she doesn't much care for the rattles and squeaks from all corners of the City.
No doubt the Build Quality of Hyundai and the Fit and Finish of Hyundai is better compared to Honda and I can relate to all the points of comparison that you make and agree with them.

Having said that, mine is a 2014 City, which I purchased at the time of launch. If I look back at 2014, Hyundai had a poor excuse for this segment called the Verna which has best been described on this forum as a Boat due to its handling inabilities. Apart from that the Verna available in 2014 would have, guaranteed scraped every speed breaker in Bangalore...so for me the choice was simple - there was no choice in 2014 (the Ciaz was not even launched when I bought the City). I'd rather live with a few minor niggles as compared to a functionally unfit car.

Come, 2017, Hyundai has fixed most of these issues. But would I buy the Verna now? Now, I am a changed person and Honda has spoilt me and my family with that amazing rear seat which the Verna does not offer

So, once again, If I were to choose a car now, it would again have to be the City again due to a different reason though...

Coming back to your question on FNG, I have read good reviews about Bay6 in Bangalore. You can read more about them here: URL.

I may go that route for my next service or possibly hop back to Magnum Honda and try them one more round...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 6th August 2018 at 18:16.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 18:21   #6112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

So, once again, If I were to choose a car now, it would again have to be the City again due to a different reason though...

Coming back to your question on FNG, I have read good reviews about Bay6 in Bangalore. You can read more about them here: URL.

I may go that route for my next service or possibly hop back to Magnum Honda and try them one more round...
Thanks - I agree. The iVTEC is the only thing keeping me sane and makes me forget the other shortcomings like the build quality etc. Mine is a 2014 model too.

Let me look at the Magnum Honda option you mentioned, it's a bit too far from me though. Can plan to take a day off work and go over on a weekday when the rush would be a bit less. Will continue to look for a good FNG as well. Thanks for the tips.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 21:10   #6113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - I agree. The iVTEC is the only thing keeping me sane and makes me forget the other shortcomings like the build quality etc. Mine is a 2014 model too.
I checked out a Toyota Yaris on display recently, the fit and finish is of a higher quality compared to the City, however found the rear seat to be claustrophobic with a low ceiling and the rear middle seat of the Yaris is just horrible, my head was touching the roof and the middle seat too stiff and raised, and no rear AC vents. The only good point was that the rear middle seat came with a headrest.
So the Yaris is pretty low on space and comfort at the rear seat compared to the City. Also the Yaris' bonnet felt much lighter compared to the City's bonnet. Given the good fit and finish, I was expecting it to be heavier.

The City continues to offer the segment best in cabin comfort and space, especially at the rear, no other C2 segment car is currently able to match the City in offering the same plushness., wish they step up and up their game.

Its always good for the competition to step up on a continuous basis and raise the segment benchmark, beneficial for us as consumers.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 6th August 2018 at 21:13.
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 22:07   #6114
BHPian

So today out of nowhere, the default HU that comes with the V variant of 2015, has cracked. It works but I am not going to live with that cracked screen.

Long story short, since it made no sense to get it replaced with the same unit, decided to up my game and go with something smart and latest, after a lot of research as to what fulfills my needs best (mainly Apple CarPlay) I've finalized Pioneer AVH-Z9190BT, solely for its 2 features, wireless CarPlay, and capacitive touch. The final offer I am getting is of 47,000 Rs with glossy console and installation.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? Will be getting it installed tomorrow, let's hope if it is worth the price.
Old 8th August 2018, 21:27   #6115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post

Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? Will be getting it installed tomorrow, let's hope if it is worth the price.
47k sounds like overkill. I've been advised to purchase the Sony XAV- AX5000 which also has built in Android Auto and Carplay but only costs a marginal 20-22,000 INR.

Please check the above out before finalising your purchase.
GM6James is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 23:41   #6116
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
So today out of nowhere, the default HU that comes with the V variant of 2015, has cracked. It works but I am not going to live with that cracked screen.

Long story short, since it made no sense to get it replaced with the same unit, decided to up my game and go with something smart and latest, after a lot of research as to what fulfills my needs best (mainly Apple CarPlay) I've finalized Pioneer AVH-Z9190BT, solely for its 2 features, wireless CarPlay, and capacitive touch. The final offer I am getting is of 47,000 Rs with glossy console and installation.

It seems to be a total waste of money, just get one with Bluetooth and a touchscreen- only if you need. If you still want to spend 47k, put the rest in an amp, upgraded speakers and damping materials. Btw im amazed that the oem screen has just cracked! Did you meet with some accident in the past? Where is the qc of the components Honda is providing!
mxh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 08:06   #6117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Btw im amazed that the oem screen has just cracked! Did you meet with some accident in the past? Where is the qc of the components Honda is providing!
Nope, no accident or anything had happened, I'm quite surprised too, it just happened while I was driving, guess my luck was really bad that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM6James View Post
47k sounds like overkill. I've been advised to purchase the Sony XAV- AX5000 which also has built in Android Auto and Carplay but only costs a marginal 20-22,000 INR.

Please check the above out before finalising your purchase.
Thanks, guys! As per the advice I immediately went against the Pioneer and had a look at the AX5000, liked it, had everything I required so I went ahead and had it installed yesterday. Btw, does anyone knows if we need a special coupler/adapter to connect the unit for camera and steering controls? The installation guy couldn't seem to figure out yesterday and said additional adapter might be required which will cost around 1-2k, not sure if that's the case. Would be great if someone could brief me about it.

Everything else is great with this unit, touch and responsiveness are very impressive.
Also, the money that I saved from pioneer was invested in Projector HID setup and a few additional modifications. Will be sharing some pics soon!
Ruchir031 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 08:40   #6118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope, no accident or anything had happened, I'm quite surprised too, it just happened while I was driving, guess my luck was really bad that day.
Can happen due to sudden extreme heat variations. Was it a very hot day and you just started driving immediately with a/c on?
Old 11th August 2018, 09:21   #6119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Can happen due to sudden extreme heat variations. Was it a very hot day and you just started driving immediately with a/c on?
It was a typical monsoon rainy day, car was parked under a tree and I always leave front windows a little open to let any heat out so car was quite cool and I didn't require the a/c so I just drove off with windows open, 10kms into my drive a small bubble like thing popped up on the screen, at first I thought it to be water/moisture but soon it expanded and within 20-30 mins it was cracked, will share a pic of it soon.
Ruchir031 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 13:07   #6120
BHPian

Quote:
Everything else is great with this unit, touch and responsiveness are very impressive.
Also, the money that I saved from pioneer was invested in Projector HID setup and a few additional modifications. Will be sharing some pics soon!
That's great man, please do share the post installation pics with us. Moreover do the steering controls and reverse camera work?

Also I'm curious to know where you got the faceplate from. Cause the old one wouldn't have fit the new system right ?
GM6James is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed