Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2022, 13:43   #7171
BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

The Front LHS wheel bearing needs to be replaced, I visited the Honda ASC for the part, first they refused to provide the bearing saying that we do not provide parts, its against their policy.
So I tweeted my concern to Honda India and I got a call and email from Honda India, saying that an executive will call you from the local ASC.
Next day an executive from the ASC called and said that we don't have the bearing you are looking for and if I needed it, I need bring the RC book of the car and pay 50% advance, so they can place an order for the same which will take 15 to 20 days. When I asked about the price, they said they don't know the exact price, it can range from ₹2000 to ₹3000.
So, I decided to get it from a local store, can someone suggest me, which brand bearing should I go for, as they have 4 to 5 brands available.
Old 9th December 2022, 08:55   #7172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchit_bhp View Post
The Front LHS wheel bearing needs to be replaced, I visited the Honda ASC for the part, first they refused to provide the bearing saying that we do not provide parts, its against their policy.
So I tweeted my concern to Honda India and I got a call and email from Honda India, saying that an executive will call you from the local ASC.
Next day an executive from the ASC called and said that we don't have the bearing you are looking for and if I needed it, I need bring the RC book of the car and pay 50% advance, so they can place an order for the same which will take 15 to 20 days. When I asked about the price, they said they don't know the exact price, it can range from ₹2000 to ₹3000.
So, I decided to get it from a local store, can someone suggest me, which brand bearing should I go for, as they have 4 to 5 brands available.
I bought for rear wheel. OE was 8000, FNG got Fu-gen brand for 1800.
Gearup_1111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 14:40   #7173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchit_bhp View Post
can someone suggest me, which brand bearing should I go for, as they have 4 to 5 brands available.
I would suggest to get honda OEM part only. You can check online with correct part number e.g.
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-44300t9ct51-33324433/
automachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 09:51   #7174
BHPian

I am finding that my windshield wiper fluid compartment is leaking out all the fluid from the bottom. What do you think would be the problem? Rats having bitten off the plastic compartment?

Is this an easy accessory to buy and fix? Any pointers that could help?
Old 17th December 2022, 09:23   #7175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I am finding that my windshield wiper fluid compartment is leaking out all the fluid from the bottom. What do you think would be the problem? Rats having bitten off the plastic compartment?

Is this an easy accessory to buy and fix? Any pointers that could help?
Got it checked at ASS, the rubber hose from the tank to the windshield was chewed off by rats under the windshield hood. It took much lesser time to fix it than to open and close the job sheet and costed me 186.
Old 12th January 2023, 21:32   #7176
BHPian

My 2016 VX is having the keyless entry warning light ON in the instrument cluster.

The keys and all functions work as intended. But still getting the warning. Anyone else faced this? any common issue?

EDIT:
found a related link.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discus...7686_ds1013368

Will try replacing the button
Attached Images

Last edited by viXit : 12th January 2023 at 21:45.
Old 12th January 2023, 22:11   #7177
BHPian

Hey guys,
What would be reasonable in terms of pricing for a 2021 4th gen Honda City V MT, 21k kms on the odo in Bengaluru?
The current offer given to us is 9.8L. Is it fair or is it on the higher side?
Old 13th January 2023, 01:39   #7178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teesh@BHP View Post
Hey guys,
What would be reasonable in terms of pricing for a 2021 4th gen Honda City V MT, 21k kms on the odo in Bengaluru?
The current offer given to us is 9.8L. Is it fair or is it on the higher side?
It's a ~12.5 lakh car. See if you can close at 9.5 if tyres are 50+ % and insurance valid for few more months.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 15:01   #7179
BHPian

What are the differences between the 2023 SV and V variants of the Gen4 City? Asking for a family friend looking for a car around this price range.
Old 15th January 2023, 17:20   #7180

Quote:
Originally Posted by losblancos_sr4 View Post
What are the differences between the 2023 SV and V variants of the Gen4 City? Asking for a family friend looking for a car around this price range.
But why do they want to know about 4 th gen city as this is discontinued and there won’t be any 2023 4th gen city as far as I know. (I recently bought 4 th gen city). The question may be valid If they want to buy per-owned car, in that case as per my knowledge there is no rear view camera, no foglights as significant difference.
Old 16th January 2023, 21:56   #7181
BHPian

We bought the Minda iCOnnect OBD dongle with the Honda city in 2016 dec.

I have the car and it's service history on the Honda Connect app, but can't remember how to use the geofencing and other features that came with the Minda iconnect dongle.

Can anyone guide me on this, please?
Old 19th January 2023, 22:15   #7182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
A friend is buying a new car and letting go off his 4th Gen Honda City VX CVT (2015).
Picked this up finally. Only issue is rattles and squeaks from dashboard. Something that was non-existent on my Ritz. What can fix this? Will be taking it through a thorough detailing soon.
Old 30th January 2023, 10:04   #7183
BHPian

I noticed a bubble kind of growing inside my '18 City. It just appeared one fine day as a small bubble similar to that of air trapped inside tempered glass and it has been kept growing in size. If you will notice there is glue leaked out at the bottom of the glass too. Got it checked at the nearest SVC, they told me that it cannot be covered under warranty and can only be replaced if needed. Anyone else faced it too?

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_2762.jpg
saurabhrai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 16:23   #7184
BHPian

Picked up a used 2015 VX CVT. The car has only done 39500 kms and drives like a dream. Heck, I go to office thrice a week now, instead of the mandated two days. I need the inputs of the members of this thread on the following:

1. Best seat material for travelling with my doggo? It's fitted with the OEM perforated leather seat. I'm not sure how it'll withstand my small beagle jumping in an around the car. Any pet owners of this thread can "shed" their inputs on this? I usually Dyson my Ritz every two weeks to remove the hair, and it's easy because of the fabric seats.

2. Rattles and squeaks. Last week when I was getting my Ritz services from the Wheels Wisdom guys, I told them how my Ritz is free of squeaks and rattles and the fellow finished my sentence "But the 4th Gen Honda city isn't." Is it such common occurrence?

3. Which mobile mount works for you? The real estate on the 4th Gen is quite diverse. A slope here. A textured surface there. Which mobile mounts have worked for you?

4. The tyres still have life left in them for another 10K. But I was thinking of upgrading them. Any current favourites?

5. It houses the OEM infotainment. I want to switch over to something more current which primarily supports Apple Carplay. Any house favourites?

6. This car suffers the fate of all cars in Bangalore - dings and dents. Planning to take it to Trends Auto to get that fixed. But if folks from the city know someone in Marathahalli, Domlur, Thipasandra side, it'll be mighty helpful.

7. The 6 monthly service is scheduled for next week. Should I make it an annual service? Or stick to 6 months only as per the manual?

8. I'm getting 11.8 kmpl in the city for the last 350kms that I've had this car for. Is this number decent?

Would love your inputs on the above, guys.

TIA. Stay safe.
Old 5th February 2023, 20:00   #7185
BHPian

Please find answers inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Picked up a used 2015 VX CVT. The car has only done 39500 kms and drives like a dream. Heck, I go to office thrice a week now, instead of the mandated two days. I need the inputs of the members of this thread on the following:

1. Best seat material for travelling with my doggo? It's fitted with the OEM perforated leather seat. I'm not sure how it'll withstand my small beagle jumping in an around the car. Any pet owners of this thread can "shed" their inputs on this? I usually Dyson my Ritz every two weeks to remove the hair, and it's easy because of the fabric seats.

2. Rattles and squeaks. Last week when I was getting my Ritz services from the Wheels Wisdom guys, I told them how my Ritz is free of squeaks and rattles and the fellow finished my sentence "But the 4th Gen Honda city isn't." Is it such common occurrence?

depends.. but frequently reported & fixed.

3. Which mobile mount works for you? The real estate on the 4th Gen is quite diverse. A slope here. A textured surface there. Which mobile mounts have worked for you?

The dashboard ones can also be mounted on windscreen.

4. The tyres still have life left in them for another 10K. But I was thinking of upgrading them. Any current favourites?

5. It houses the OEM infotainment. I want to switch over to something more current which primarily supports Apple Carplay. Any house favourites?

pioneer dmh-a5450bt - supports wireless carplay. supports steering wheel controls.

6. This car suffers the fate of all cars in Bangalore - dings and dents. Planning to take it to Trends Auto to get that fixed. But if folks from the city know someone in Marathahalli, Domlur, Thipasandra side, it'll be mighty helpful.

7. The 6 monthly service is scheduled for next week. Should I make it an annual service? Or stick to 6 months only as per the manual?

if out of warranty, you can make it annual as long as you dont have high usage.

8. I'm getting 11.8 kmpl in the city for the last 350kms that I've had this car for. Is this number decent?

In BLR traffic, yes

Would love your inputs on the above, guys.

TIA. Stay safe.
ranjitkodali is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks