Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 21:07   #1516
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Looks Awesome. I guess this is the spec that Honda is using for the City in Malaysia 205/50R16 tyres should have costed quite a bit. Do let us know how much you managed to get for the trade in of your older tyres and the cost for the new ones as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Looks brilliant. Incidentally, i have selected these too along with a few others for my car. Do share how much tyre and alloys costed you.
The alloys costed me 25k , the Goodyears were returned for 2700 per tyre & the R1s costed me about 6500 a tyre.

The tyre guy recommended to maintain 31 psi across all tyres , i have no idea regarding the correct tyre pressure and would appreciate a little help from fellow bhpians regarding the same.
Old 2nd April 2014, 22:23   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
The alloys costed me 25k , the Goodyears were returned for 2700 per tyre & the R1s costed me about 6500 a tyre.

The tyre guy recommended to maintain 31 psi across all tyres , i have no idea regarding the correct tyre pressure and would appreciate a little help from fellow bhpians regarding the same.
Refer my earlier Post @URL for more information on the same.

Honda recommends having 2 PSI additional pressure on the front tyres due to the additional weight of the engine.
Old 2nd April 2014, 22:31   #1518
BHPian

Quote:

Honda recommends having 2 PSI additional pressure on the front tyres due to the additional weight of the engine.
I get this but are'nt those pressure levels recommended for 175 section tyres , changing to 205 and increasing the rim size to 16 should be having different pressure levels than this or should i just fill them up with 32 psi in the front and 30 in the rear?
Old 2nd April 2014, 23:00   #1519
BHPian

Quote:

Though we can ensure a difference of 2 psi between front and rear, wouldn't the tyre pressure for the rear tyre depend on the tyre type. This query is more for folks who would have upsized their tyres
Old 3rd April 2014, 05:29   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Though we can ensure a difference of 2 psi between front and rear, wouldn't the tyre pressure for the rear tyre depend on the tyre type. This query is more for folks who would have upsized their tyres
The correct tyre pressure is not based on the type of tyre or the size of tyre - it is mainly dependent on the load and the intended speed. Here are some recommendations I could find from Bridgestone: URL

General Rules:
1. For Highway driving where you expect to drive at speeds in the range of 120 kmph add more pressure, about 2 to 4 PSI (and not exceeding 40 PSI)
2. Running on lower pressure causes faster wear out and also reduces Fuel Efficiency.
3. The recommendation is to add additional pressure when you expect to run the car on full load (all passengers/luggage etc.)
4. The tyre pressure should always be checked when the tyres are cold
5. There is no Ideal number here, the recommendation is to experiment with a variation of 1-2 PSI +/- and then determine the optimal one based on the usage of the individual.
6. There is usually a sticker on the car door that provides the official recommendation/reference.

Maybe folks like Nikhilb2008 can add more and guide us further.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 3rd April 2014 at 05:32.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 12:05   #1521
BANNED

Visited Pride Honda yesterday to understand the latest around my priority. Am told that allocations are done for bookings done until 10 Jan 14. Just want to know if this is consistent with others who have booked as well.

Date of Booking : 13 Jan 14
Model : VX MT (D) Golden Brown
Current Expectation: May (?)
Old 5th April 2014, 12:26   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
Visited Pride Honda yesterday to understand the latest around my priority. Am told that allocations are done for bookings done until 10 Jan 14. Just want to know if this is consistent with others who have booked as well.

Did they share the revised prices? By how much have the prices gone up for the VX Variant?
Old 5th April 2014, 18:43   #1523
BANNED

When I booked it was 13.54, then reduced to 13.32 and now around 13.45 So looks like 13k hike on-road cost. Anybody getting any freebies at all? Will I be lucky to get any atleast by quoting that have waited patiently?
Old 5th April 2014, 19:23   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post

I'm sure the wait must be quite agonising. I must consider myself lucky to have received delivery of VX-CVT on 28-Feb after booking on 9-Jan.
Old 5th April 2014, 20:26   #1525
BHPian

Peninsular Honda SA just informed me that there is close to 20,000 increase in price for SV CVT version whereas for the VX CVT it is a 4000 (Four Thousand) bucks increase. The VX CVT costs 12.61 and SV CVT costs 10.87.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 5th April 2014 at 20:27. Reason: Added more info
Old 5th April 2014, 22:05   #1526
BHPian

Here's the revised prices for Mumbai region.

I booked the V MT Petrol. 18K Reduced due to excise benefit and now 12K increased. Back to where we started it seems.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf city 1st april.pdf (62.1 KB, 1384 views)
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 23:13   #1527
BHPian

Booked SV Diesel. Delivery next week. On lookout for OEM alloys now - dealership charges 34K for set of 4.
Old 6th April 2014, 01:19   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Booked SV Diesel. Delivery next week. On lookout for OEM alloys now - dealership charges 34K for set of 4.
You can get much better alloys for much less if you go aftermarket, but if you really want the OEM ones you can get them in 12-15k range too , a lot of people change their alloys first thing after delivery and the OEM ones can be sourced from these aftermarket vendors easily.
Old 6th April 2014, 17:13   #1529

Folks,
Taking delivery of my VX-CVT tomorrow. It's been a long wait from the time I booked. (10th Nov).
Been sleepless (like most of us before delivery) and carless having bid aideu to the trusty 8 year old City Zx. Have a lackadaisical sales advisor- so wish me luck guys- so that it goes all smooth. Plan to start an ownership thread and considering no CVTs are available for TD- will be more than happy to answer any and all queries from fellow Bhpians.
Old 6th April 2014, 19:13   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random View Post
Folks,
Taking delivery of my VX-CVT tomorrow. It's been a long wait from the time I booked. (10th Nov).
Been sleepless (like most of us before delivery) and carless having bid aideu to the trusty 8 year old City Zx. Have a lackadaisical sales advisor- so wish me luck guys- so that it goes all smooth. Plan to start an ownership thread and considering no CVTs are available for TD- will be more than happy to answer any and all queries from fellow Bhpians.
Congratulations, Random! I'm glad to see another fellow BHPian who has gone for a VX CVT. I had taken delivery of mine in end Feb and have clocked about 1400kms now. Good luck with your new car.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed