Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 12:55   #1561
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Raven, I have just seen the Honda City Brochure (Thailand Version). It's written in Thai but I managed to read the tyre sizes . Two tyre sizes are recommended. One is the stock ones, 175/65 R15 and the other is the one you said which is 185/55 R16.

So if its a Honda recommended size then, there won't be any impact on ABS and the tyre life. But I'm unable to find any tyre of this size.
Very difficult to procure any tyres in that particular profile, since it's not a popular size for Indian conditions. Not sure if the recommendations given on google are actually available in India either. Tyre experts might throw more light on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
This question is mainly for Bangalore Honda City owners. From the date of delivery, how many days does it typically take to receive the RC Smart card? For me, about 3 weeks have already been over and have not received the card yet.

Also, for the Extended Warranty and Road side Assistance, does Honda give some certificate or so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
It took me close to 45 days to receive the RC Smart Card. I don't have any Certificate for the Extended Warranty - will check when I head for Second Service end of this month.
My dealership quoted me a waiting period of 1 month for the RC & Smart Card, so that means end of this month.

Surprising that the Extended Warranty and RSA certificates haven't been given to you guys. I received both of them during delivery.

In fact, it is a compulsory part of Shubh Honda's quotation, and is an integral part of all their car deliveries.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140409_123453.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140409_123532.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140409_123557.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140409_123618.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th April 2014 at 12:58.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 14:14   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I see that the road side assistance for 2 years is Rs 2900/- , I saw my dealer mentioning Rs 8000 for 4 years which close to 2k more. I thought the road side assistance (RSA) is kind of standard program from Honda , however looks like the dealers are playing with this as well.
Does the RSA charges change from city to city if yes then it should be fine, however the concern would be if it changes from dealer to dealer.

Cheers,
pdma
Old 9th April 2014, 14:27   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
This question is mainly for Bangalore Honda City owners. From the date of delivery, how many days does it typically take to receive the RC Smart card? For me, about 3 weeks have already been over and have not received the card yet.
For my vento TSI, I got it in 3 days. in fact, i got the smart card before taking delivery as I delayed taking delivery to my anniversary day.
Old 9th April 2014, 20:50   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
I see that the road side assistance for 2 years is Rs 2900/- , I saw my dealer mentioning Rs 8000 for 4 years which close to 2k more. I thought the road side assistance (RSA) is kind of standard program from Honda , however looks like the dealers are playing with this as well.
Does the RSA charges change from city to city if yes then it should be fine, however the concern would be if it changes from dealer to dealer.
I dont know why you are being charged so high.

In mumbai the dealer with whom i have booked has quoted me a price of 4600 Rs. for 4 years.
Old 9th April 2014, 21:30   #1565

Hello all! Thanks to this comprehensive review and inputs from several members I decided on going for a Honda City.

Had booked a V MT about three weeks ago. Getting delivery on Friday-Saturday. Wanted the urban titanium, but that color wasn't available for allocation at the end of march. And I wanted to avoid the supposed price increase, so opted for the silver color. Am planning to upgrade tyres as soon as I get the car.
Old 9th April 2014, 21:51   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzim View Post
Hello all! Thanks to this comprehensive review and inputs from several members I decided on going for a Honda City.

Had booked a V MT about three weeks ago. Getting delivery on Friday-Saturday. Wanted the urban titanium, but that color wasn't available for allocation at the end of march. And I wanted to avoid the supposed price increase, so opted for the silver color. Am planning to upgrade tyres as soon as I get the car.
Congrats. Petrol or Diesel?
Isn't the new price already applicable for all invoices post 01Apr?
Old 10th April 2014, 11:17   #1567
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations...that was quick.

May be this is answered elsewhere but I don't seem to understand that since now almost all variants are streamlined and are available for ready delivery why is Honda not focusing on clearing the backlog of CVTs. Frustrating thing is they are sounding more helpless on every passing day....Any supply chain expert here with inside information on Honda's CVT production woes?
Old 10th April 2014, 14:27   #1568

Hi Guys, news from my dealer in Jaipur (Pink City Motors) is that the golden brown colour is facing quality problems and HONDA has stopped the production of the city in Golden Brown, for the moment. Any one else heard this story?

I think I am being taken for a ride here. The other dealer in the city said there is nothing of that sort.

I booked my VXMT petrol in Jan 4th week. Was informed on 2nd March my car will be delivered by 25th March. On 28th they tell me definitely by month end or April 1st week. When I told them I don't want to pay price hike, they suggested I pay in full and lock-in my price. I reluctantly paid them on 29th after getting assurance again that car will be delivered by 31st or latest first few days in April. On 31st they tell me the story of Golden Brown colour quality issue. Then they offer me white colour which is readily available. I refuse and ask them for red one. After a few days they offer black. Again I refused.
But now I hear 2 stories. The dealer MD says red will be delivered sometime in April end. My sales consultant tells me there is no red scheduled at all for the entire month. But their system still shows a golden brown being dispatched for me, 4th week of April! When i ask her how come Golden Brown, when it is supposed to be out of production, she has no answer!

Literally pulling my hair out right now! I have already started my EMI for a car I haven't received.
The excitement for new car has gone. Several stern emails and phone calls later I get a mail from customer relations that my car is scheduled for 4th week April delivery. Colour unknown!

A common shoulder to cry on anyone? especially from Jaipur?
Old 10th April 2014, 17:14   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjain View Post
The excitement for new car has gone. Several stern emails and phone calls later I get a mail from customer relations that my car is scheduled for 4th week April delivery. Colour unknown!

A common shoulder to cry on anyone? especially from Jaipur?
Very sad. I hope you get some one from Jaipur to get a clear picture. Paying the installment with out the car being in possession is some thing unimaginable.
Old 10th April 2014, 17:38   #1570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjain View Post
...When I told them I don't want to pay price hike, they suggested I pay in full and lock-in my price. I reluctantly paid them on 29th after getting assurance again that car will be delivered by 31st or latest first few days in April. On 31st they tell me the story of Golden Brown colour quality issue. Then they offer me white colour which is readily available. I refuse and ask them for red one. After a few days they offer black. Again I refused.
But now I hear 2 stories. The dealer MD says red will be delivered sometime in April end. My sales consultant tells me there is no red scheduled at all for the entire month. But their system still shows a golden brown being dispatched for me, 4th week of April! When i ask her how come Golden Brown, when it is supposed to be out of production, she has no answer! ...
Crying does NOT help you. Shoot a mail with all these details to the dealer and ask for a written explanation with proofs. Mention, in case they fail to prove their claims, you will be forced to get in touch with the company directly.

I think they might have taken a premium from someone for the Brown and might be trying to pass you another one. You can also try contacting the Honda customer care and check whether there is an allocation in your name. And then take the dealers. You can choose your approach.
Old 10th April 2014, 18:26   #1571
BANNED

@swiftnfurious; The first think the company (Hyundai, Honda .., I guess the lot) does to bounce your mail to the dealer!!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 19:36   #1572

Got the diesel. Saw a number of urban titaniums today, and the color looks very good. Silver looks rather ordinary to be honest. No turning back for me now, vehicle is set to be delivered tomorrow evening.

Is there a pdi list to check for, for the 2014 city?
Old 10th April 2014, 19:49   #1573

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You can also try contacting the Honda customer care and check whether there is an allocation in your name. And then take the dealers. You can choose your approach.
Already done that! A lot! Sent some really lengthy emails and several calls to customer care, who just basically called up the dealer and told them to take care of it. The Managing Director of the dealer corroborated that as well. MD himself told me, "you can shoot mails to customer care, but that wont do much. They will just call us up and ask us solve the problem, without giving us proper path for the solution."

At first I actually believed that GB colour maybe an issue and dealer cant do anything about it. But when the 2nd dealer denied any such issue, I sent another strongly worded email to customer relations, the dealer and some senior executives at HONDA whose email I found online. At this point the MD calls me up and then tells me, very very politely mind you, "sir till this time I was personally (which he had indicated as 'MD' he normally doesn't do) trying my best to work something in your favour. But now since you bypassed me and sent the emails directly to honda, I will not look into the matter personally. My sales consultant will give you further details."

Anyway my final status, as i mentioned earlier, is customer relations has sent an email saying April 4th week. My dealer hasn't bothered to call up and confirm the date. I am thinking should i just cancel and demand for full refund or wait for another 2 weeks, now that I have waited this long.
Anjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 22:47   #1574

Just wanted to check that I booked the city on 16 December and was promised delivery of golden brown VMT on 25 March-However in the interim around 1st March I changed the color to Silver, but the SA told me that the car can be managed by 28Th March. Based on that assurance I got the PO ready on 20th which was valid for 15 days. But then the SA just kept saying that no car is available for allocation. When I talked of price protection he said since there is no chasis number there cant be invoice and hence no price protection. In effect I have to pay 10,700 more as the SA got the car on 3rd April and told me the price increased. Just wanted to know since people in the forum have quoted they managed to get their car invoiced without the car being in place was I taken for a ride?
??
Old 11th April 2014, 09:11   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the diesel. Saw a number of urban titaniums today, and the color looks very good. Silver looks rather ordinary to be honest. No turning back for me now, vehicle is set to be delivered tomorrow evening.

Is there a pdi list to check for, for the 2014 city?
You can refer to the TBHP PDI list mentioned here.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks