Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 09:33   #1576

I tried my luck with the dealer (Bangalore) too and same funda was given to me about the price protection. In addition to that, SM gave me gyan about the entire process being automated and there is no way we can protect the price if the car is not invoiced at least at the dealer level. Iam supposed to pay almost 40k more because of the VX variant crossing 10L bracket.
Old 11th April 2014, 10:56   #1577
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Can I install some kind of a protective film or scratch-guard from 3M or any other car care service?

Some quick inputs will be highly appreciated.
Sorry for the late response and please ignore if this is already mentioned by anyone else in the subsequent posts.
You can check what Ravenavi did in his car he has got a similar kind of screen / scratch guard used on cell phones in this area to protect it.

Also this is another case which is raising questions on the quality control measures at Honda. Looks like the priority currently is to manufacture more & more and hit the sales figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
the dealership had to deliver 70 cars today (Ring Road Honda,Moti Nagar,Delhi) out of which about 55 were City and the rest were Amaze/Brio ,
Congratulations !!!

55 Citys in a single day, looks like the dealer has cleared a decent backlog that day. These numbers just compliment the increasing sales figures of the city which we can evidently see on the monthly sales charts.

But mind it HONDA because people buy your cars for quality and reliability. Off-late we have seen folks on this forum report quality issues with paint,panel gaps shown in Ravenavi's review, dashboard chip off as mentioned above by Dekay.
Definitely these are not welcoming and quite concerning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I dont know why you are being charged so high.

In mumbai the dealer with whom i have booked has quoted me a price of 4600 Rs. for 4 years.
Very true , I should double check this excessive price when I go back to the dealer next year as for now Iam out of the race .

cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 11th April 2014 at 10:58. Reason: correction
Old 11th April 2014, 11:29   #1578
Distinguished - BHPian

Its been 50days since I brought my iDTEC V home, over which it has done 4000km at 21.6kmpl. Overall a very satisfying experience.

One small thing.

The stock Michelin XM1 tires have become rather noisy now. The ride was very silent initially. But now, a fair amount of road noise enters the cabin at 70+ speeds. Anyone else experiencing such a thing?
Old 11th April 2014, 14:05   #1579

Delivery for my V MT is slated for today evening at 5.30pm. Feeling excited!

I'm going to upgrade to the XM2 immediately, had the XM1+ on my Dzire, which lasted for nearly 90,000 kilometers. And I must've probably had all of two punctures during that entire period, so pretty convinced about this upgrade.
Old 11th April 2014, 16:12   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzim View Post

I'm going to upgrade to the XM2 immediately, had the XM1+ on my Dzire, which lasted for nearly 90,000 kilometers. And I must've probably had all of two punctures during that entire period, so pretty convinced about this upgrade.
Congratulations hatzim. Happy motoring and wish you a safe drive with you new beauty.
Please keep us posted for what cost you are trading IN the stock tyres and the cost of new one as well. Even I'm an happy customer of XM1+ and I will strongly recommend this to any one any day.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 19:54   #1581
BHPian

Finally got a call from my SA. The vehicle has arrived in the stockyard. He sent me the Engine and Chasis number through email.

I was looking at the Chasis number and trying to check the Month and year or manufacturing. The year of manufacturing would really not be a problem as it will be 2014 for all the new Citys. But its the Month that is what I was looking at and it seems the Alphabet for the Month in the Chasis number was not typed by the SA in the email.

Error or a purposeful omission by the SA?
Old 11th April 2014, 20:22   #1582
BHPian

Got my SV iDTEC delivered today. 8 Kms on the ODO - absolutely no complaints with the engine noise or vibrations and it is quite refined. When I went for the VX diesel test drive I was extremely unhappy with the engine noise. But then the sales advisor mentioned that in V and SV she had customers who mentioned about lower noise levels. I didn't believe it until I test drove an SV. So if anyone is going for a test drive and is not happy with the noise, ask for a SV or V variant and you will notice the difference. Vehicle drives silk smooth. Only downside being the MRF ZVTZ tyres. Getting it exchanged for XM2 tomorrow and will await for the Honda Alloys - which could take a few weeks to be available as an accessory.
Old 11th April 2014, 21:08   #1583

I got my city delivered a couple of hours ago. Everything was in order, except floor mats, which they had run out of.

Love driving the car in traffic, it moves effortlessly! AC cools quickly, and the music system is alright. I got Michelin tyres with the car, and the 175s didn't seem like they were underperforming in anyway. Of course I haven't touched higher speeds, but first impressions seems to suggest that the tyre upgrade can be avoided if you are not a major highway user. Will investigate a bit tomorrow, before I choose to upgrade to 195s.

Thanks all!
Old 11th April 2014, 22:18   #1584

Just a quick note on the panel gaps that have been pointed out earlier by several members. I did a thorough review of all the gaps all around, and they were fairly uniform. Another CVT VX was parked next to mine and it too had uniform panel gaps.
Old 11th April 2014, 22:26   #1585
BHPian

I have no idea how you guys managed to get such amazing figures for city in city driving , but this is the best i could manage in Delhi's bumper to bumper traffic.

I adopted a very sedate driving style and upshifted at about 1800 rpm and rarely went above 2000 rpm , this figure is with AC on 100% of the time.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_3095.jpg  

Last edited by Rocketscience : 11th April 2014 at 22:32.
Old 11th April 2014, 23:07   #1586

Hi,
I got my City V MT Petrol delivered yesterday evening. Loving every bit of the car. Delivery was smooth. Up next is car seat covers, which will be done in a week or two. I have no idea which one to go for. Suggestions are welcome. Any good car accessories shop in Bangalore South?
Old 12th April 2014, 00:31   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Got my SV iDTEC delivered today. 8 Kms on the ODO - absolutely no complaints with the engine noise or vibrations and it is quite refined. When I went for the VX diesel test drive I was extremely unhappy with the engine noise. But then the sales advisor mentioned that in V and SV she had customers who mentioned about lower noise levels. I didn't believe it until I test drove an SV. So if anyone is going for a test drive and is not happy with the noise, ask for a SV or V variant and you will notice the difference. Vehicle drives silk smooth. Only downside being the MRF ZVTZ tyres. Getting it exchanged for XM2 tomorrow and will await for the Honda Alloys - which could take a few weeks to be available as an accessory.
Why does VX have more engine noise? If anything, the top end variant should have more insulation right? Someone please let me know the reason behind it.
Old 12th April 2014, 07:17   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjit.Shetty View Post
Iam supposed to pay almost 40k more because of the VX variant crossing 10L bracket.
The V Variant also crosses 10L Its a very unfair policy that us Bangaloreans have to bear. But that's how it works currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzim View Post
Congrats! I did the same move to XM2 and loving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Why does VX have more engine noise? If anything, the top end variant should have more insulation right? Someone please let me know the reason behind it.
Yes, the logic is incorrect, in fact Honda claims that the VX has a Noise Insulating WindShield. However, it was noticed that Honda improved the noise levels for the "Release" cars as compared to the initial Test Drive cars. So maybe the specific dealership has an older Test Drive VX Car which has more noise and newer V/SV Test Drive cars that have the noise reduced.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 12th April 2014 at 07:18.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 07:36   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand89 View Post
Hi,

I got my City V MT Petrol delivered yesterday evening. Loving every bit of the car. Delivery was smooth. Up next is car seat covers, which will be done in a week or two. I have no idea which one to go for. Suggestions are welcome. Any good car accessories shop in Bangalore South?

Congratulations on your new ride!

I would suggest Imperial Leather, have hear many positive reviews and not a negative one yet.

Contact Information:

Shivakumar@9448685679
Imperial Inc.
#387, 11th Cross,
Vijaya Bank Layout, Bilekahalli, B.G. Road (Behind IIM Blore).

Moreover privileged attention will be provided for Bhpians.

Cheers !
Old 12th April 2014, 18:20   #1590
BHPian

I just got the corrected Chasis number of the City being allotted to me.

Decoding it, it says March 2014. The Sales Manager at Arya Honda said that the Car was despatched on 07-Apr-14 and landed on 11-Apr-14 in the stockyard.

Now if the car is despatched on 07-Apr-14, is it possible that the Chasis number would translate to March 2014. I am guessing that the Dealer has kept the cars with him for the Price Hike and not starting to deliver the vehicles after the price hike.

I would really like some views on this.

Most Viewed