Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2014, 05:39   #1666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
No. The prices mentioned by me are correct in terms of order.

Just so that it is clear, the pricea indicated are for Michelin XM2 for 4 tyres in exchange of each of the brands which are seen on the new city. So i the dealer is correctly giving more buyback if my stock tyres would be Michelin and least if they are goodyear.
I'm still confused. How do I read each line item? Let's look at the 1st line item. So if you get Michelin XM1 as stock tyre, it'll cost you only 1350 per tyre to upgrade to XM2? If so, the dealer is paying almost 4400 per XM1 tyre as XM2 was quoted at 5750. Sorry for not able to read it through.
Old 18th April 2014, 07:11   #1667

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

I paid a sum of Rs 7500 (for 4 tyres), for the XM2s in exchange for the XM1s. Unfortunately my XM1s were driven for around 200kms, before I went in for an exchange.

And my FE on the XM2s has crept up to 17kmpl, am guessing it will improve a bit more.
Old 18th April 2014, 07:37   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I'm still confused. How do I read each line item? Let's look at the 1st line item. So if you get Michelin XM1 as stock tyre, it'll cost you only 1350 per tyre to upgrade to XM2? If so, the dealer is paying almost 4400 per XM1 tyre as XM2 was quoted at 5750. Sorry for not able to read it through.
Your understanding is absolutely correct. I am not sure what the Stock Michelins that Honda provide cost at the dealers but thats the prices quoted.
Old 18th April 2014, 08:03   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Your understanding is absolutely correct. I am not sure what the Stock Michelins that Honda provide cost at the dealers but thats the prices quoted.
Thanks for the clarification. Honda comes with Michelin XM1 if tyres are from Michelin family. If you get Michelin, you should seriously consider of taking up dealer's offer. This is the highest buy back offer I have seen for XM1 on this forum. Also, if you are going for upgrade, please do upgrade all the 5 stock tyres.
Old 18th April 2014, 08:59   #1670

Quote:
So i the dealer is correctly giving more buyback if my stock tyres would be Michelin and least if they are goodyear.
Tejas, stock tyres for V MT are Bridgestone. I had checked it out with Arya Honda.

Congrats! Finally, you have a delivery date... Mine seems like a couple of weeks away...
Old 18th April 2014, 09:00   #1671
BANNED

Why in this techie world we couldn't get the idling required during cold start and stop automated to save the turbo charger ? It may sound like laziness, but most innovations are to take advantage of laziness

Also regarding less/no usage of clutch for 1st/2nd gear, is it really a best practice.
Old 18th April 2014, 20:01   #1672

Hello fellow Bhpians!!!! This is my first post and I thank the moderators for making me a team member. Fortunate enough to be getting my Red Princess ( ivtec VMT) on 22nd from emerald honda Ahmedabad. Will be driving to delhi the same day (overnight halt at Udaipur and reaching delhi by 23rd evening). Request the experienced team members for some tips on running in as will be driving approx 1000 km from Ahmedabad to Delhi immediately after delivery.
Old 18th April 2014, 21:54   #1673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
Why in this techie world we couldn't get the idling required during cold start and stop automated to save the turbo charger ?
We just might see that in the next step of i-DTEC engineering, who knows. Till then, you just have to spare 60 seconds at startup/end for your turbocharger.

Quote:
Also regarding less/no usage of clutch for 1st/2nd gear, is it really a best practice.
Sure, why not? As long as the engine is not lugging/stalling nor hiccuping, pickup from standstill is smooth, and the power delivery across gears is smooth and linear, it shouldn't be a problem. Plus there's an added advantage - it will help in lengthening the clutchplate's life, which otherwise sees the most action in in-city driving, specially in constant B2B traffic.

It will take a bit of practice to get used to it, but with engines such as the i-DTEC, it's a welcome relief, specially for the left foot.
Old 18th April 2014, 22:27   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Why in this techie world we couldn't get the idling required during cold start and stop automated to save the turbo charger ? It may sound like laziness, but most innovations are to take advantage of laziness
IMO water cooled turbochargers don't require idling only oil cooled ones require it.
Old 18th April 2014, 23:41   #1675
BHPian

Update after first service. Running sound from engine bay is fixed. I was told that some drive belt had to be adjusted. Front doors are to be shut with force. This was not fixed, the reason from the service consultant was not convincing. Rattles from the corner to the right of driver probably due to installation of some accessory is also not fixed. I am not so happy with Honda Service. Average FE after 1118 km is around 12 kmpl. Mostly D+Econ with ACC on all the time.
Old 19th April 2014, 00:03   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_charles View Post
Update after first service. Running sound from engine bay is fixed. I was told that some drive belt had to be adjusted. Front doors are to be shut with force. This was not fixed, the reason from the service consultant was not convincing. Rattles from the corner to the right of driver probably due to installation of some accessory is also not fixed. I am not so happy with Honda Service. Average FE after 1118 km is around 12 kmpl. Mostly D+Econ with ACC on all the time.
Hi Paul, did you check the mileage with the tank full to tank half or tank near to empty method? MID values may not be accurate.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 19th April 2014 at 00:03. Reason: Added comments
Old 19th April 2014, 12:13   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Hi Paul, did you check the mileage with the tank full to tank half or tank near to empty method? MID values may not be accurate.
Adarsh, the tank full - tank full measurement (two times) resulted in a 0.25 kmpl greater than MID values.
Old 19th April 2014, 20:50   #1678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_charles View Post
Adarsh, the tank full - tank full measurement (two times) resulted in a 0.25 kmpl greater than MID values.

Ditto. Tankful to tankful mileage has always been marginally HIGHER than the indicated mileage. Kudos to Honda for getting the MID calibration spot on.
Old 19th April 2014, 21:50   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Ditto. Tankful to tankful mileage has always been marginally HIGHER than the indicated mileage. Kudos to Honda for getting the MID calibration spot on.
It's not a bad mileage for a Petrol Engine. Should get better after probably 2000 kms. But for City driving, (stop go stop go traffic) i don't think not more than 11 or 12 can be expected. But atleast your left leg will be happy since you're using a CVT.

But really curious to know how is the ARAI certification done? Are they doing a road test or just in a closed air conditioned lab??? If it's done in such a comfortable environment, then ARAI certification is not required. It can be done by Honda (and other brands for their cars) themselves.

I had a surf through ARAI site and could not find any details of the method of Fuel Efficiency testing. Are they really doing it or just
Old 19th April 2014, 22:00   #1680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But really curious to know how is the ARAI certification done? Are they doing a road test or just in a closed air conditioned lab??? If it's done in such a comfortable environment, then ARAI certification is not required. It can be done by Honda (and other brands for their cars) themselves.
Its done on a dynamometer in controlled conditions: at 25 degree C and 1 bar pressure. Air resistance, tire tread depth and fuel weight are also regulated.

Link: http://www.motorbeam.com/general/ara...el-efficiency/

Most Viewed