Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2014, 17:14   #1681
BHPian

Drove from Gurgaon to Bharatpur bird sanctuary and back over the weekend on my VX CVT. Used the old Agra road on my onward journey, averaging 12 kmpl thanks to the bad traffic (full of tractors on fast lane) and worser road conditions- looks more like a quilt with patch work. The drive back on the Yamuna expressway was a pleasure - could use the cruise control to its intent and averaged at around 16.5.
Old 20th April 2014, 22:26   #1682
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Found 2 versions of the City here in Latin America.

The one in the 1st & 2nd pictures I assume is the latest one going by the resemblance in terms of the crease lines and headlights with the 2014 City launched in India.But the bumper and rear distinctly vary.

The Grill off course looks lot better than what we got however I still feel Honda is somehow obsessed with this thick grill concept.

The City in the 3rd and 4th pictures is definitely similar to the older one however the alloys are just awesome.

As many already mentioned on this forum God alone knows why on earth are we deprived of these kind of standard accessories in the models sold to us .

Cheers,
pdma.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda1-mx.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda2-mx.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda3-mx-1.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda3-mx-2.jpg  

pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 22:29   #1683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post

The one in the 1st & 2nd pictures I assume is the latest one going by the resemblance in terms of the crease lines and headlights with the 2014 City launched in India.But the bumper and rear distinctly vary.
The 1st 2 pics are of the Civic and other is the older City.
Old 20th April 2014, 22:32   #1684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I think the first two pictures are of the Civic.
Old 21st April 2014, 10:11   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Drove from Gurgaon to Bharatpur bird sanctuary and back over the weekend on my VX CVT. Used the old Agra road on my onward journey, averaging 12 kmpl thanks to the bad traffic (full of tractors on fast lane) and worser road conditions- looks more like a quilt with patch work. The drive back on the Yamuna expressway was a pleasure - could use the cruise control to its intent and averaged at around 16.5.
I certainly feel the FE you are getting is quite good. Should get slightly more better once the engine has settled in.
Old 21st April 2014, 10:53   #1686
BHPian

Update on FE for CVT on Highways.

Earlier I got 18.2 kmpl for 60km stretch to airport. Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3412393

I had to make early morning visit again to airport. This time it was at 4:30am

Few things here:
- Distance was 60 km round trip
- Total 2 Adults while going to airport and only driver on way back
- No AC
- Cruise control most part of the drive at 80kmph
- 'D + Econ' mode
- Includes slow down once entering the airport area as it was super crowded
- Almost no traffic otherwise

And now the FE: 21.1 kmpl

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20140421-05.24.01.jpg
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 10:57   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Update on FE for CVT on Highways.

Earlier I got 18.2 kmpl for 60km stretch to airport. Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3412393

I had to make early morning visit again to airport. This time it was at 4:30am

Few things here:
- Distance was 60 km round trip
- Total 2 Adults while going to airport and only driver on way back
- No AC
- Cruise control most part of the drive at 80kmph
- 'D + Econ' mode
- Includes slow down once entering the airport area as it was super crowded
- Almost no traffic otherwise

And now the FE: 21.1 kmpl

Attachment 1232725
Excellent. I assume with AC on (24 degrees) and ECON mode off, that FE should have been around 16 to 18 kms. Superb Neel...
Old 21st April 2014, 14:23   #1688
BHPian

I checked with the SA manager (after not hearing back from SA) with respect to Extended Warranty and Road Side Assistance book and he was a bit surprised that I hadn't received it yet. He assured me that the same would be mailed to me as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Yes, I heard the sound file and its the same sound. It grows louder with time and would be audible in cabin. I have checked third generation Honda City and could not find this issue there. Anyone else on this thread is experiencing the same?

The knocking sound comes once you drive your car on in correct gear ratios, I think which is common with every car. But it stays even after you move on to the right ratios.

To test this issue, I drove the car on Third gear and fourth gear at lower speeds/rpm (30 kmph and between 900-1500 rpm) on empty roads . I could immediately hear the knocking sound coming from the left side of the engine bay. And after moving to higher speeds/rpm the sound stays back is pretty much evident.

I am not sure if it is common with all the 4th Gen iVTECs.
An update here:
My SV CVT has completed 900kms now and I do not hear the grinding sound any more. I tried to hear it yesterday(after 30km run) and today also (post another 60km run).

Sound file attached below and now it sounds all normal. I still have 100kms to go before I give my car for the 1st service so will keep a close watch on this incase the sound comes back.

Sound from Engine taken today which seems normal:
https://soundcloud.com/netmax/2014-h...e-noise-update

Sound from Engine taken earlier (with grinding noise): https://soundcloud.com/netmax/2014-h...ity-svt-idling
Old 21st April 2014, 15:20   #1689

Still truggly with this one--Urgently looking for art leather seat cover and some after market accessory like side body protector, bumper protector. Can you please suggest any trusted shop in or around south delhi... And tentative costs for the seat cover and side and bumper protector. Thanks in anticipation
Old 21st April 2014, 15:23   #1690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The one in the 1st & 2nd pictures I assume is the latest one going by the resemblance in terms of the crease lines and headlights with the 2014 City launched in India.But the bumper and rear distinctly vary...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The 1st 2 pics are of the Civic and other is the older City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I think the first two pictures are of the Civic.
yes, the pre-facelifted Civic. After the launch of this version, Honda was flamed badly and then this model underwent a design change albeit minor.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hondacivicexl201310.jpg

Image Coutresy:: http://www.car.blog.br/2012/11/novo-...-precos-e.html
Old 21st April 2014, 16:31   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I checked with the SA manager (after not hearing back from SA) with respect to Extended Warranty and Road Side Assistance book and he was a bit surprised that I hadn't received it yet. He assured me that the same would be mailed to me as soon as possible.

An update here:
My SV CVT has completed 900kms now and I do not hear the grinding sound any more. I tried to hear it yesterday(after 30km run) and today also (post another 60km run).
?
Sound file attached below and now it sounds all normal. I still have 100kms to go before I give my car for the 1st service so will keep a close watch on this incase the sound comes back.

Sound from Engine taken today which seems normal:
https://soundcloud.com/netmax/2014-h...e-noise-update

Sound from Engine taken earlier (with grinding noise): https://soundcloud.com/netmax/2014-h...ity-svt-idling
Neel, when is the first service due? Is it at 1000 or 1500 kms? I think I was updated by the SA as the first service should be done at 1500.
Old 21st April 2014, 16:43   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Neel, when is the first service due? Is it at 1000 or 1500 kms? I think I was updated by the SA as the first service should be done at 1500.
For the i-DTEC City it was 1000 km and I gave it for Service at 1,100 km. Is it different for the i-VTEC?
Old 21st April 2014, 16:57   #1693
BHPian

No, even the i-VTEC 1st service is at 1000km / 1 month. I got mine done a couple of weeks back. Was just a general check up and the car was ready within 3 hours.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 17:17   #1694
Distinguished - BHPian

Zigwheels reports that the top variant of the 2014 City is the most popular one, with 50% customers opting for the VX MT.

Quote:
Jnaneswar Sen, Sr. Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India said, “We expected close to 20 percent of the customers to opt for the top-end City but we’ve received more than 50 percent bookings for it.”

Manufacturing plans had to be tweaked to produce more top-spec variants as a result. Of the Petrol City too, 30 percent sales are of the CVT variants, a majority of which are for the top-end automatic as well. Honda is seeing increasing demand for the automatic City in the future as it has been the trend with the City. Sale of automatics has gone up from 20 percent for the previous generation City. It began with 10-15 percent for the car prior to this.
http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...variant/18333/

VX was my choice as well. If only they could "supply" it to me within my specified time period.

Either way, no regrets.
Old 21st April 2014, 19:49   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Zigwheels reports that the top variant of the 2014 City is the most popular one, with 50% customers opting for the VX MT.
Its good to see that Honda is actively monitoring the supply-demand equation and ready to tweak the supply towards demand I guess the people who book now can expect better turnaround times for the V/VX Variants.

The article dint reveal Diesel vs Petrol statistic though!

Most Viewed