Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-116.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3419366)
Should engine oil be replaced before 10000 kms on the City i-DTEC? My SP and the workshop personnel insist that I get it changed only while nearing 10000 kms and till then I need not worry about the performance of the engine as it has been designed to run upto 10000 kms without the first oil change. The user manual also suggests the same. The SP says lot of testing and investments have gone into making the engine modern and handle such situations and if Honda says 10000 kms that means no owner should be worried about the engine's performance.

Should I go the traditional way of getting the oil replaced in the first/second servicing or shall I go with the user manual and the workshop personnel and wait till the 3rd servicing to get the oil replaced?

The Service Intervals provided for the Free Services is actually very short as compared to other manufacturers:
First Service : 1 Month / 1,000 kms
Second Service : 3 Months/ 5,000 kms
Third Service : 6 Months/ 10,000 kms

I am heading for Second Service in the First Week of May and I possibly would have completed approx. 4000kms. I did not go for the Oil Change in the First Service. Going by the performance of the car so far, I am thinking of the Oil Change only during the 3rd Service.

There have been mixed opinions on the forum so far on this topic with people recommending either way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3419390)
I had discussed this with the service advisor on my last visit to the showroom. He stated the same that it should be change at the service interval stated as per manual. Personally I will go with whatever manual suggests as the manufacturer knows it's car the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3419393)
The Service Intervals provided for the Free Services is actually very short as compared to other manufacturers:

I am heading for Second Service in the First Week of May and I possibly would have completed approx. 4000kms. I did not go for the Oil Change in the First Service. Going by the performance of the car so far, I am thinking of the Oil Change only during the 3rd Service.

There have been mixed opinions on the forum so far on this topic with people recommending either way.

Exactly.:)

Thanks for the inputs. I got my second service done yesterday. Will update my thread regarding this shortly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3418427)
Finally the Princess (Snow White) Arrives. Took the delivery of V MT iVTEC yesterday evening.

Congrats Tejas! Wish you lots of happy miles with your Snow White. clap: I had visited the showroom a couple of hours before you did... I am hoping for a May delivery.

Please keep me updated on the kind of accessories you buy from 3rd party sources. Mainly, I need 3D mats, but I guess these haven't yet come out for the new City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyotil (Post 3419351)
You got a great buyback value for XM1s. Which dealer did you replace it from? Am also waiting for my VX - CVT delivered and tyre change is on the top of my to-so list.

Got it from TyreX in Mulund West in Sarvoday Nagar.

Posting some more photos which I took yesterday.

Just took delivery of my VXMT Golden Brown. 3 months after booking and several emails to HONDA and calls to customer service! But super glad to have my hands on my OWN car.

Accessories that I went with:
  1. Front and rear bumper guard
  2. Mats
  3. Door handle guard
  4. Rear parking sensors
Negotiated and struck a deal of 12k for the entire package. Couple of side notes: the door handle looks quite classy, especially with the chrome handles. Thank god for the sensors! Backing up this car is not so easy, even with the camera. For me it was a bigger deal as i am coming from i10. The sensor just makes the beeping noise, but that will suffice.

In terms of tyre, my car came fitted with Bridgestone. I know I have read so much about upgrading them. But I think I will just stick with them and upgrade when this one wears out.

2 things I really want to change though:

1. The Audio unit. Really annoying that they have not given a touch-screen with better UI unit. Will definitely consider swapping it with a touch screen one if I can get good rate for the replacement AND if it doesnt void my warranty! Anyone else researched on it? Maybe I should ask this in a different thread. (Also, has anyone else found the blinker red switch position really weird?! I mean I find it completely out of place! They could have used that space so much better!):Frustrati

2. I plan to change is the setting in ORVMs where the ORVMs fold automatically when i lock the car. I remember reading somewhere its a small setting that service centre people can do. But my dealer told me its actually part of an accessory and he will have to check if its possible.
Anyone got this done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjain (Post 3419844)
1. The Audio unit. Really annoying that they have not given a touch-screen with better UI unit. Will definitely consider swapping it with a touch screen one if I can get good rate for the replacement AND if it doesnt void my warranty! Anyone else researched on it? Maybe I should ask this in a different thread. (Also, has anyone else found the blinker red switch position really weird?! I mean I find it completely out of place! They could have used that space so much better!):Frustrati

2. I plan to change is the setting in ORVMs where the ORVMs fold automatically when i lock the car. I remember reading somewhere its a small setting that service centre people can do. But my dealer told me its actually part of an accessory and he will have to check if its possible.
Anyone got this done?

Congratulations...

Audio Unit - I'd done a research and found 'BLAUPUNKT San Diego 530' a good one. It supports all the steering controls, reverse camera, Bluetooth etc. Comes with a 6.2 inch touch screen with navigation and you will be able to play DVD videos. The panel has to be changed which will cost 6500/- The unit costs 30990/-. Speakers will cost extra.

Could you please tell why do you exactly want to change the ORVM auto fold settings?

Quote:

Just took delivery of my VXMT Golden Brown. 3 months after booking and several emails to HONDA and calls to customer service! But super glad to have my hands on my OWN car.

Congratulations on the Buy! Please post some pictures soon :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3419931)
Audio Unit - I'd done a research and found 'BLAUPUNKT San Diego 530' a good one. It supports all the steering controls, reverse camera, Bluetooth etc. Comes with a 6.2 inch touch screen with navigation and you will be able to play DVD videos. The panel has to be changed which will cost 6500/- The unit costs 30990/-. Speakers will cost extra.

Could you please tell why do you exactly want to change the ORVM auto fold settings?

Just checked and SnapDeal lists that model at 28,500. Would we get any value back in exchange for the existing Audio Unit or is it totally scrap? Overall seems like quite an expensive deal. Honda should have just provided a Touch Screen system...The good thing though is, this system is cheaper than the earlier version by 9,000 - so hopefully the next refresh will be cheaper and take the pricing of Touch Screen players to 20K which sounds reasonable!

I think automatic closing OVRMs would be useful. If left open, its always a risk that some vehicle may scrape the protruding mirrors. I always remember to close the mirrors when I park the vehicle but as Anjain pointed out this is an additional manual step which could possibly be linked to locking of the car itself. Do let us know if you find out options for this!

Quote:

Congratulations...

If the system is not HONDA recommended or fitted by HONDA technicians, it could void warrantee on the car. Please check this out with concerned Honda dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3417751)

An update here:
My SV CVT has completed 900kms now and I do not hear the grinding sound any more. I tried to hear it yesterday(after 30km run) and today also (post another 60km run).

Sound file attached below and now it sounds all normal. I still have 100kms to go before I give my car for the 1st service so will keep a close watch on this incase the sound comes back.

Sound from Engine taken today which seems normal:
https://soundcloud.com/netmax/2014-h...e-noise-update

Sound from Engine taken earlier (with grinding noise): https://soundcloud.com/netmax/2014-h...ity-svt-idling

Sorry for replying little late, was quite busy with office work.

I met the service manager and came to know that this issue is growing and many owners are reporting the same. He in fact, even told me that it has already been reported to Honda R&D team, as they are not sure of the real culprit (Bearing or any misalignment).

since they have already placed an order for the bearing , they would be replacing it in my car this week. The present status of the order is intransit. I hope the issue would be resolved by replacement.

Neel, what I suggest is to get this issue thoroughly checked. If needed, get the bearing replaced. Since this is not an intermittent issue and might come back any time.

Quote:

I sympathize with you on the lousy audio unit and speaker system Honda has installed. One option I was exploring was to source the audio unit Honda has installed on the Honda Fit or Malaysian or international versions of Honda City. Its a 7 inch full touchscreen unit, possibly comes with navigation and gels very well with the dashboard of the car. Here is a pic - http://paultan.org/2014/03/20/2014-h...city-interior/

I hope Honda brings this unit to its accessories list or probably in the facelifted version. Actually, found some more info on the net - Honda calls this system Display Audio and it interfaces with HondaLink App to provide full access to your phone on the touchscreen. More here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4i8AKLHR5k

Quote:

Congratulations...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3419964)

I think automatic closing OVRMs would be useful. If left open, its always a risk that some vehicle may scrape the protruding mirrors. I always remember to close the mirrors when I park the vehicle but as Anjain pointed out this is an additional manual step which could possibly be linked to locking of the car itself. Do let us know if you find out options for this!

Agree with vsrivatsa. Only reason I want to change the setting in ORVM is the convenience. Yes I know I can manually do that, but in my previous car I have often found myself forgetting to fold them and then worrying about it when I am away from the car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3419964)

Just checked and SnapDeal lists that model at 28,500. Would we get any value back in exchange for the existing Audio Unit or is it totally scrap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 3420066)
I sympathize with you on the lousy audio unit and speaker system Honda has installed. One option I was exploring was to source the audio unit Honda has installed on the Honda Fit or Malaysian or international versions of Honda City. Its a 7 inch full touchscreen unit, possibly comes with navigation and gels very well with the dashboard of the car.

Wow! Changing the panel and then the unit for 30-35k plus is a pretty stiff price! As vsrivatsa mentioned/asked, I would now have to check if they will exchange for the existing. Not sure but was it Caska that I read in one of the threads which does exchange schemes? I asked around in my Honda dealer. One guy said he will have to check while another guy said it can be done but they dont have any other company unit as of now for the new city. So wait. But he did mention there wont be any exchange happening. My existing unit is basically scrap!

The international unit looks quite good. Let me know what you do finally decide on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3419393)

Cars before the Brio has three month service intervals. So maybe they will keep pestering you. However, afaik Honda do not crib with six months, also Synthetic is Ok for 12 months/10000km.

Hurrey!!! Got my Red Princess (ivtec VMT) on 22nd. The delivery experience from Emerald Honda Ahmedabad was smooth and good. Enjoying:D. Posting a pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by feroz_009 (Post 3419984)
Sorry for replying little late, was quite busy with office work.

I met the service manager and came to know that this issue is growing and many owners are reporting the same. He in fact, even told me that it has already been reported to Honda R&D team, as they are not sure of the real culprit (Bearing or any misalignment).

As i posted earlier i get the same sound. The whitefield honda guys debugged it for it a day and said it is not the idler which is the culprit but the belt itself which is faulty. When i argued with them that how can the belt itself make the noise they responded that they are 100% sure and they made the sound dis-sapper without touching the idler and by only making some adjustments to the belt tension. They ordered a new belt and it has already arrived. My car is going to first service tomorrow and the belt will be replaced. I will update the thread if this solves the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKnight (Post 3420440)
As i posted earlier i get the same sound. The whitefield honda guys debugged it for it a day and said it is not the idler which is the culprit but the belt itself which is faulty. When i argued with them that how can the belt itself make the noise they responded that they are 100% sure and they made the sound dis-sapper without touching the idler and by only making some adjustments to the belt tension. They ordered a new belt and it has already arrived. My car is going to first service tomorrow and the belt will be replaced. I will update the thread if this solves the issue.

Thanks for sharing this information.

The Service Manager in Pride Honda told me that it is the problem with the bearing. They are replacing the bearing today, i hope it resolves the issue.