Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2014, 06:48   #1816
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

What is the take on K&N Filter for the i-DTEC Honda City from the experts on this Forum? I had gone in for a change to K&N Filter on my earlier car (Accent CRDi) and was quite happy with it.

I possibly would not think of any such change for another year, but wanted to understand the views from the others on this topic
Old 3rd May 2014, 12:19   #1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihs_dr View Post
Newbie Here. Have been an ardent follower of Team-BHP for past 5 years and now decided to sign-up to be a part of this wonderful forum.

Shall keep you fellow mates posted after the first week of may, when i get the confirmation on the color
I am also a new entrant to this forum. I had booked a Honda City VX-CVT Urban Titanium in 21st Jan14 with Olympia Honda in Chennai. The delivery data had been postponed from 6 weeks to 3 months and now maybe in June/July 2014. I believe there is some production shortage of VX-CVTs. Is this the experience for others who have booked at Olympia Honda or is the Delivery of TVS Motors-Chennai/ or Capital Honda Chennai Faster ?

I would also like another sincere opinion from the members. What are the most useful accessories. I am planning for;

1) Trunk Spoiler Duck Tail : Is this useful or just a showpiece ?
2) Side beadings - To protect door from scratches especially in parking lots when the adjacent car door opens .

Is there any other value for money / safety requirement accessory which I have missed out ?

Greatful for opinion...
Old 3rd May 2014, 13:51   #1818
BHPian

Guys i'm experiencing these tiny little shocks and sparks when i touch the door of the car after turning it off , used to happen with our civic too , is this a honda problem or is something wrong?
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:05   #1819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Guys i'm experiencing these tiny little shocks and sparks when i touch the door of the car after turning it off , used to happen with our civic too , is this a honda problem or is something wrong?
This is because of static charge and happens whenever the weather is dry. I have also been experiencing this for the past couple of days

Quote:
Originally Posted by srik65 View Post
I would also like another sincere opinion from the members. What are the most useful accessories. I am planning for;

1) Trunk Spoiler Duck Tail : Is this useful or just a showpiece ?
2) Side beadings - To protect door from scratches especially in parking lots when the adjacent car door opens .

Is there any other value for money / safety requirement accessory which I have missed out ?

Greatful for opinion...
The spoiler is useless, and spoils the look of the rear IMO.

Ditto for the side beadings, again a waste of money as they offer no real protection.

You can consider parking sensors or illuminated door sill plates.
But the best option is that you ditch all of that and use the money for the tire upgrade. Switch to 195/60R15 Yoko Earth1 or Michelin XM2.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 18:13   #1820
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
What is the take on K&N Filter for the i-DTEC Honda City from the experts on this Forum? I had gone in for a change to K&N Filter on my earlier car (Accent CRDi) and was quite happy with it.
Honda engines are more highly strung and do not take to any mods happily. The Diesel may be more forgiving.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 18:19   #1821
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the key-ring gift from Honda today.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc01906.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-dsc01907.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2014, 20:57   #1822
BHPian

Have been noticing these two things lately and i must say i'm pleasently surprised :-

1 - The belts tighten up themselves (you can feel them gradually tightening and loosing) under cornering , enthusiastic manoeuvers and sometimes when driving high speed , never noticed this in our cruze or civic for that matter.

2- Even the steering tightens up under few circumstances , yesterday i was driving in a little broken but completely empty stretch , so i decided to play a bit , was trying some funny manoeuvers and everytime the steering assisted and tightened up when the car was about to loose control to stabalize the car , its pretty hard to explain the same but this is the best i could describe.

Now please pardon my ignorance and enlighten me on what these features are called , didnt read about them in city's review or the brochure. The belt thing are called pre tentioners i guess , but the steering thing is not E.S.P for sure , what's this called then?
Old 3rd May 2014, 21:25   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
I doubt this has something to do with a particular brand or model. I too have noticed this but during winter season. The best way to solve this issue is to earth yourself and allow the static charge to get discharged before you touch the car.
Old 3rd May 2014, 23:12   #1824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Got the key-ring gift from Honda today.

I got it too a few days back. Could not post the pics though.

Must say its a heavy keyring that reeks of quality and looks great.

Thank you Honda

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 3rd May 2014 at 23:13.
Old 5th May 2014, 14:27   #1825

Thanks Mods for letting me join this wonderful forum which I've been following for a long time but decided to join in now

I've a 3 week old red SV-CVT beauty which has done around 1100 km (1st servicing done) with 2 trips from Pune to Mumbai. My 1st trip gave me a 350 km round trip efficiency of 16.5 kmpl with peak of 20.1 kmpl on the express highway under 100kmph speed and Eco mode ON with cruising used in patches. My 2nd trip was again nearly 350 km round trip with 14.1 kmpl mostly without Eco mode and not using cruise control, quite some traffic on the express highway didn't allow me to use cruise
Within the city and driving in a sedate manner I'm getting nearly 12.5 kmpl, don't use Eco mode here as the pick up is not too good in that mode.. AC is ON always.
Are others getting similar figures? Or is there anything I can do to improve the efficiency within the city?

Also, has anyone made any observations about the paint quality? I feel the layering is just too thin and not up to the standards, seems very prone to scratches and chip offs..!
Old 5th May 2014, 20:27   #1826

These are really encouraging numbers coming out of the Honda City CVT. I'm getting mine delivered this Friday. Planning to post a detailed review once I get my hands on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srik65 View Post
I am also a new entrant to this forum. I had booked a Honda City VX-CVT Urban Titanium in 21st Jan14 with Olympia Honda in Chennai. The delivery data had been postponed from 6 weeks to 3 months and now maybe in June/July 2014. I believe there is some production shortage of VX-CVTs. Is this the experience for others who have booked at Olympia Honda or is the Delivery of TVS Motors-Chennai/ or Capital Honda Chennai

Greatful for opinion...

I was interacting with Whitefield Honda sales manager today, and he said he will be delivering his first City SV CVT this Friday. Further, he said that he has a VX CVT customer who booked in December 2013, and still awaiting the delivery. It seems like the supply for VX models is really short right now.

Moderator's Note: Do not make back to back posts. Use the Multiquote option to respond to multiple people at one go.

All the back to back posts have been merged.
Old 6th May 2014, 19:34   #1827

Honda CR-V and Honda City (3rd-Gen) scores five stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test.

Good Job Honda.

Waiting for 4th-Gen City Scores.

Source: Autocar India
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...rs-384684.aspx
Ranjit.Shetty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 00:44   #1828
BHPian

I had TD again today on some of the broken roads of North Bangalore. I wanted to test it one final time before giving full payment. TD vehicle was VX diesel with 6900 approx Km on odo.
As expected and experienced earlier, car passed the GC test with 4 person on board. However, the ride quality was not good. Tyre upgrade is must to get some comfort on such broken and uneven roads having multiple unscientific speed breakers. Vehicle needs to get slower in order to minimize slip discs.
There was a strange squeaking sound coming from both the front suspension every time car hit the bad patch. SE was explaining since it is a TD vehicle and the standard story. It was not convincing for a vehicle just under 7K km on odo. Is the Honda's bench mark reliability is in danger?

Need expert opinion and owners experience please.
Old 7th May 2014, 08:05   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
There was a strange squeaking sound coming from both the front suspension every time car hit the bad patch. SE was explaining since it is a TD vehicle and the standard story. It was not convincing for a vehicle just under 7K km on odo. Is the Honda's bench mark reliability is in danger?

Need expert opinion and owners experience please.
I have a feeling its under threat. With just over 2k kms on ODO I have one or two quality issues to report - 1.ORVM was loosely fitted that it came off in hand when I tried to adjust 2. Left rear side door beading has come off. Will upload photos in awhile. I think in a bid to deliver numbers, quality checks have taken a dip.

Last edited by rajivn : 7th May 2014 at 08:07.
Old 7th May 2014, 11:31   #1830
BHPian

Found the Honda City 2014 Philippines advertisement on YouTube. Wish we could have this beautiful ICE here! :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks