Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:36   #2161
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Oops, pretty fast I see with the price hike.
Now will this hike be only for new bookings or the old bookings that haven't been delivered also get the price hike?

Anurag.
The Price hike is always effective for all the cars that will be invoiced and registered after the 'with effect from' date of the price hike.

So even if the booking is like 4 months old and you still haven't been allotted the car, means that you will have to pay the higher price. Same happens in case of a decrease in price.
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:27   #2162
BHPian

I did a 900 km jaunt over the past weekend on my VX CVT to Landsdowne and Rishikesh As we started early morning to beat the traffic, I got a phenomenal mileage of 17.7 km over 25 kms from Gurgaon to Delhi. The overall mileage dropped to 11.5 kmpl over the entire journey considering the considerable extent of mountain climbing our car had to do.
Old 3rd July 2014, 09:32   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I did a 900 km jaunt over the past weekend on my VX CVT to Landsdowne and Rishikesh As we started early morning to beat the traffic, I got a phenomenal mileage of 17.7 km over 25 kms from Gurgaon to Delhi. The overall mileage dropped to 11.5 kmpl over the entire journey considering the considerable extent of mountain climbing our car had to do.
@outdoorlover - You would get more than that in lesser traffic on highways. I got up to 19.2 and pretty sure that it would have crossed 20 the way it was progressing. Unfortunately, It came down once the traffic started.

Just watch over the blue and green colors in the speedo. If it's displaying blue for more time, just take the foot off from the accelerator for a moment, and things will come back in Green without any droppage in power. That's what I understood from my driving.
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:23   #2164
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I have a question on Keyless entry & push start/ stop button.

Suppose if the car is parked outside the compound of a house and someone is carrying the key fob very close to the car, but inside the compound from where he does not have a view of the car, say due to a wall. Now, since the car detects the signal from key fob, will it be unlocked all the time? Also, can someone also start the engine in this case or should the key fob be inside the car for it to start?

One smart feature that I noticed in the City is that the boot would not lock if the fob is inside the boot.
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:45   #2165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Guys, I have a question on Keyless entry & push start/ stop button.

Suppose if the car is parked outside the compound of a house and someone is carrying the key fob very close to the car, but inside the compound from where he does not have a view of the car, say due to a wall. Now, since the car detects the signal from key fob, will it be unlocked all the time? Also, can someone also start the engine in this case or should the key fob be inside the car for it to start?

One smart feature that I noticed in the City is that the boot would not lock if the fob is inside the boot.
Not sure if I understood the question, but here is how the Keyless entry works. You should be at least 80 cms close to the car from outside for the doors to lock or unlock. The remote should be inside the car to start the engine. Also, the doors wont lock if the remote is inside the car similar to the boot.
adarsh76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:50   #2166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Not sure if I understood the question, but here is how the Keyless entry works.
I really think that I should have phrased that better! But the following quoted text clears my doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
The remote should be inside the car to start the engine.
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:54   #2167
Senior - BHPian

Another update: Honda sales team is useless. If you need the car you have to chase them up. In spite of repeated calls from our side no confirm delivery date was provided. So, today I had to visit the showroom and meet the GM sales who turned out to be much better than his staff. He has assured the vehicle is in transit and delivery will be on 11th July. Lesse how accurate this will be now.
All in all I am disappointed by Honda pre sales team till now. Hoping a better service experience in future.

Also, I must add as notorious Tata is projected to be our pre sales experience with them on both occasions was excellent and never had any trouble with A.S.S. That's why my expectations from Honda was higher which proved to be a big mistake.

Last edited by harry10 : 3rd July 2014 at 16:56.
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:18   #2168
BANNED

Quote:

Lol, naughty idea. Eh?!

Your answer: It will NOT start but the doors would get unlocked if the key FOB is near the car (within its working range). For the engine to start, the FOB SHOULD be inside the car cabin elder there is an error on MID saying "Key FOB Not Detected".

I have tried this to but not on the City but on the EcoSport. Both will be working on the same principle.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 17:29   #2169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lol, naughty idea. Eh?!
I am not finished as yet

Quote:
For the engine to start, the FOB SHOULD be inside the car cabin else there is an error on MID saying "Key FOB Not Detected".
What if the battery of the fob dies? Though there is a skeletal key in there for opening the doors, but there is no ignition switch to start the car. All these new cars seem to have is the start/ stop button.
Old 3rd July 2014, 18:11   #2170
BANNED

Quote:
What if the battery of the fob dies? Though there is a skeletal key in there for opening the doors, but there is no ignition switch to start the car. All these new cars seem to have is the start/ stop button.
Your answer is there in the EcoSport thread.

Cross posting it from theEcoSport thread: Original post by 'limited-edition'

Quote:
When remotes battery is dead, keyless entry won't work. So you have to manually open the door with the provided key. Now once you are in, you don't have a key hole anywhere in the dash. Here is the tricky part, Key consist of RFID transmitter, when the remote has a good battery inside, remote uses this power and transmits the RFID signal well, which is in-turn received by RFID receiver somewhere inside dash. At this stage, when we press the start/stop button car springs to life, since it knows the key is near by or inside the car.

In our case, remotes battery is already dead. So its not transmitting the RFID signal now, so the receiver inside the dash don't know that key is in the car, thus car will not start when we hit the start/stop button.

Here is where the designing team made a good move, they must have placed the RFID receiver directly behind the push button, so when the remotes battery dies out, we can press the button with remote and RFID receiver will get the faint signal from our remote and start the car (Same as we swipe our access cards at office doors).
Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd July 2014 at 18:14.
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:42   #2171
BHPian

Just took delivery of my black SV CVT. Initial feeling is amazing! Couldn't feel any of the rubber band effect. Drive is significantly better than the Nissan Sunny CVT. Will post details in an ownership report in some days.
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:57   #2172
BHPian

Hello Guys
I want to order 3D mats for my Honda City. Does any body have any contacts in Faridabad where I can buy spidex ones at some good discount?
Can somebody in Delhi can provide some contacts of a Delhi dealer who can send me a courier of the mat set? Any suggestions from the gang would be welcome.
Also I would like to get tweeters installed. Has anybody got tweeters installed in their City ? Please help me make a choice.
More details very soon.
Regards
Harpreet
Old 3rd July 2014, 20:38   #2173

What is a stock treatment? I am soon getting my Honda City and was planning to go for Paint Sealant and anti rust under body.
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:41   #2174
BHPian

Hey guys, in my new Honda city idtec both the headlamps are misting over from inside when it rains. Is this normal or should i ask for replacement?
Old 3rd July 2014, 21:46   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Hey guys, in my new Honda city idtec both the headlamps are misting over from inside when it rains. Is this normal or should i ask for replacement?
Mate, you should simply ask for a replacement. This is simply not acceptable in the new car.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed