Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-148.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 3471733)
Congrats dockap! I guess this is in Mangalore?.

Yes it is Mangalore and the car is base model Diesel. I swapped the stock Michillin XM1tires to 195/60/15 Michellin Primacy ST3 and the alloys are GTR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketscience (Post 3472403)
Congrats dockap , the LED DRLs look amazing

Thank you. The LED DRL's cost me Rs 1600 for a pair and they are really powerful. More like fog lamps. The DRL's switch on when the ignition key is turned to the first slot so i guess some wire from the ignition was spliced and the DRL wire was connected to it.
Attaching a photo taken at night of the DRL's with the headlights off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3471557)
Hi Hamsa
Tyres do not void warranty. But to ensure future troubles you can talk to the sales guy who sold off the car to you. He will make you talk to service manager who will give a verbal assurance to always help you when ever there is an issue related to suspension. Then freely upgrade the tyres.
This is what my sales person did for me. Even though I never upgraded to the broader tyres. :)
Regards
Harpreet

Thanks Harpreet. I am yet to buy the car. But what do you do with the 'old but new' tires?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3471714)
My wife's new City IDtec

Congrats dockap. Nice pictures. What have you done to the stock tires? Sold them? or got an exchange offer? or are they just lying around?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3472624)
Yes it is Mangalore and the car is base model Diesel. I swapped the stock Michillin XM1tires to 195/60/15 Michellin Primacy ST3 and the alloys are GTR

Thank you. The LED DRL's cost me Rs 1600 for a pair and they are really powerful. More like fog lamps. The DRL's switch on when the ignition key is turned to the first slot so i guess some wire from the ignition was spliced and the DRL wire was connected to it.
Attaching a photo taken at night of the DRL's with the headlights off.

Hi Dockap

They look wonderful, I must say.

Can you please put a clear picture of the DRLs , so that we can find out they are dotted LEDs or a smoother looking tube of light ? Did you got them fitted from the ASS or an accessory shop ?

Regards
Harpreet

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsa (Post 3472756)
What have you done to the stock tires?

I exchanged the stock tyres for the new ones. Paid Rs 3200/- extra for each tyre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3472801)
They are dotted LEDs or a smoother looking tube of light ?

They are smooth tube type. I find them better looking than the dotted LED's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsa (Post 3472756)
Thanks Harpreet. I am yet to buy the car. But what do you do with the 'old but new' tires?

You can talk to the Tyre dealer much before the tyre swap, that you intend to do. Talk to your Sales Agent in advance as to which tyres the car is being shipped with and let the Tyre dealer know in advance and provide you a buy back price of the stock tyres. Then on the day of delivery, just drive to the Tyre dealer first and get them replaced them with a favourite ones.

I did not swap as I got Good year ones, which are much better than the MRF ones. Moreover I did not want to exceed my budget right now. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3472878)

I must say, they are looking fabulous. Did you talk to Honda ASC whether they would be happy to program your Fog lamps to the ECU ? That would be a really a great thing if ASC agrees to do so. In my Ecosport case, Ford ASC had agreed to do that for me for the after market fog lamps too.

A long time dream finally comes true! :) Will be posting my Ownership Review soon.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-imag1344.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3472878)
I exchanged the stock tyres for the new ones. Paid Rs 3200/- extra for each tyre.

Could you also tell us where did you sourced these DRL from?
Looks smashing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3473432)
Could you also tell us where did you sourced these DRL from?

I purchased from local car accessory shop but looks like i paid 3 times the actual cost. available for Rs 440/- on ebay india

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Universal-Wat...1397637&_uhb=1

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3472624)
the car is base model Diesel.

Congratulations !!! on the new ride. I see that you have mentioned that car is a base model.A much closer look at the pictures shows that it has the regular antenna above the windshield which is provided in the variants E & S. However I see the shark finn & the chrome grill as well on the car which start from SV onwards did you buy these as accessories. Please let us know how much did they cost you.

cheers,
pdma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashishc100 (Post 3471650)
Hi anyone has an idea on the delivery period/ waiting for the petrol V-MT variant. Was told its close to 4 months from a dealer in Gurgaon today..

The SA in Bangalore said pretty much the same, a waiting period of four months at least for any model. He said it is because the City production is being slowed down/halted in favor of the Mobilio.

Little excited. My wait is now time bound :). I am getting delivery of my Earth Dreams this month end. Vehicle will be dispatched 3rd week of this month. Price though got hiked. Even the dealer does not know exact amount. Expected to be around 6K + for VX. Will post when i have information.

P.S: There is a Mobilio event this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) in Orion Mall and Mantri Mall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 3473493)
did you buy these as accessories. Please let us know how much did they cost you.

The antenna in front is not the stock one but a replacement for city/crv i purchased online. The stock antenna on the E and S variants is thin and long and looks really ugly. below is a list of accessories i purchased.

Replacement antenna for Honda city Rs 380/-
Shark fin antenna Rs 200/-
Chrome door handle covers Rs 1700/- for 4
Illuminated Scuff plates Rs 1200/- for 4
mud flaps Rs 450/- for 4
Rear wheel arc inner covers Rs 1000/- for 2
Auto cop remote locking Rs 4700/-
3D floor mats Rs 2000/-
Reverse sensors Rs 2500/-
Reverse Camera Rs 3500/-
Chrome front grill Rs 4500/- or 4800/- not sure
Painted the ORVM's silver. I think they charged me Rs 400/- or 800/- again not sure
Led DRL's Rs 1600/-
Changed the 175/65/15 Michillin XM1 to Michillin Primacy ST3 paid Rs 12800/- extra after exchange for 4 tyres
GTR 15 inch 6.5j alloys paid Rs 20,000 for 4 and Rs 1,600 for the chrome wheel nuts and spanner kit for the alloys
Number plates with Frame for front and back number plates Rs 1800/-
3M paint protection with under body anti rust coating Rs 9000/-

The music system is yet to be installed.

Hello All,

Kindly let me know if any one from Hyderabad has the info on the current wait time for SV IDtec.As of now I have my return ticket for December (hope it doesn't change) and would like to book in advance so that I need not wait much when Iam back.
As some of you already know I booked the car in Nov 2013 immediately after the launch however cancelled the same later as I had to travel on work.

cheers,
pdma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dockap (Post 3474384)
The antenna in front is not the stock one but a replacement for city/crv i purchased online. The stock antenna on the E and S variants is thin and long and looks really ugly. below is a list of accessories i purchased.

Replacement antenna for Honda city Rs 380/-
Shark fin antenna Rs 200/-
Chrome door handle covers Rs 1700/- for 4
Illuminated Scuff plates Rs 1200/- for 4
mud flaps Rs 450/- for 4
Rear wheel arc inner covers Rs 1000/- for 2
Auto cop remote locking Rs 4700/-
3D floor mats Rs 2000/-
Reverse sensors Rs 2500/-
Reverse Camera Rs 3500/-
Chrome front grill Rs 4500/- or 4800/- not sure
Painted the ORVM's silver. I think they charged me Rs 400/- or 800/- again not sure
Led DRL's Rs 1600/-
Changed the 175/65/15 Michillin XM1 to Michillin Primacy ST3 paid Rs 12800/- extra after exchange for 4 tyres
GTR 15 inch 6.5j alloys paid Rs 20,000 for 4 and Rs 1,600 for the chrome wheel nuts and spanner kit for the alloys
Number plates with Frame for front and back number plates Rs 1800/-
3M paint protection with under body anti rust coating Rs 9000/-

The music system is yet to be installed.

That's a nice list of accessories you got there.:thumbs up
Can you tell me the source for the following-

Chrome door handle covers
Illuminated scuff plates (if possible do post a pic of these as well installed in your car)
3d floor mats

Interesting Comparison between the Honda City, Toyota Vios and Nissan Sunny/Almera by Paul Tan

Clearly shows that as an overall product Honda City is the best car in that segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-nBoUn-GXc